Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Castor Garnet
Kranic
post Dec 17 2009, 02:44 AM
Post #1

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 75 208

Active Squad

(Sorry about the long bio, I got really into it, but now I can't really find time to proof read it. shakefist.gif
Hopefully, the Quality isn't too important, as long as you get the idea of what's going on, right? )

Name: Castor Garnet
Hometown: Olivine City

Appearance: Castor stands at about 5’8 and weighs about 130 pounds. His skin is pretty dark, at least in comparison to a tan individual. His eyes are a particular shade of red, easily comparable to garnets, which he commonly does. His hair is a simple black, normally being partially hidden by his red bandanna, leaving only two bangs and some hair in the back to be visible.

During his journey, Castor wears a pretty basic outfit, being concluded of his red bandanna, his gold gloves, black jeans, red shoes, and a pretty simple red t-shirt with a black mountain design on its front, the back being left blank. He normally always carries a gold wallet chain, for the sheer purpose of looking cool.

Other Notes: His gloves are made from Mareep Wool, so they can absorb electricity fairly well. The inside if made from a pretty good insulator(rubber maybe?), so he doesn’t get shocked by the electricity.

Personality: To put simply, he is very hot blooded, something annoys him, he will tell you, you annoy him too much and he will attempt to knock you out. When it comes to a problem, he normal just goes with a first though, which in the end can be some fairly complicated plans, because of bad experience he had from thinking too much about something. Castor is a pretty boyish boy. He loves fighting, be it pokemon battling or fighting with actual people,(or him fighting pokemon.) it’s just really fun to him. He also loves to be in dangerous situations, although he much prefers a life threatening situation where he is helping someone. He has a very strong heart, willing to put himself much behind others; even he doesn’t know them too well. Far too naïve, willing to go along with whatever someone tells him, unless it is much too obviously a lie. He can be fairly clever in battle, but outside of battle he tends to be a little dimwitted(partially intentionally.) but of course there are limits to both of these. Finally, Castor is extraordinarily energetic.

Biography: Castor was born in Olivine Town to a family of breeders. He lived with both parents and had one sibling, a younger sister. His family focused primarily on breeding Mareep for the famed (Glitter) Lighthouse of the city as a source of income, although if requested they would have breed other pokemon. The Mareep, or should I say Ampharos for the situation, that are used by the lighthouse is picked via a contest in which any breeders who feel their pokemon is worthy for the job, may participate in. The Garnet family Mareep/Ampharos normally end up the contest and the familys uses the prize money to subsist and breed more Mareep for when the chosen Ampharos is finally in need of retiring.

Ignoring situations where the family is unable to breed a viable Ampharos and lose the breeding Contest, the family managed to keep a fairly constant flow of money, because of this Castor managed to live life fairly well. His family didn’t need to worry too often and had a very large budget for their children. Castor himself went to a fairly good school in Olivine and managed to be able to grow in a fairly consistence fashion.

Castor himself never cared too much for the family tradition, although due to his age, it is only fair. During youth he never really like the Mareep that were around him, because there were just so many and to be honest, he really preferred fire pokemon. This was a rather sad, as for his tenth birthday, Castor received a Mareep of his own, because of family tradition of course.

The Mareep was named Virva long before Castor received the pokemon, because of it's possibility of being a lighthouse Ampharos instead of a breeder's partner pokemon. Castor’s Mareep was a cheerful pokemon, constantly trying to be by her trainer's side. Castor himself actually greatly disliked the Mareep when he first received her because the Mareep's cheerful personality made him feel as if it was trying to opposing him or held some negative intent. Ironically, this cheerfulness is, in a way, much like Castor, despite his cheerfulness being energetic then just happiness.

The duo were forced to stay together for most of their time since then overtime the boy managed to get used to his Mareep, but still wasn’t too close to her. From the start, the two were prohibited from battling, as Castor’s parents felt he was much too young for battling, despite other child his age were beginning their adventures around Johto already. This bothered Castor a bit; as it really went against his love of fighting and the rebellious personality he was beginning to develop. Castor soon began a habit of taking his Mareep out to train a little around town in secret. Trying to find and occasionally get into battles. The battles he did manage to get into he normally lost due to his lack of experience. Naturally, being a kid, the boy was caught and furthermore in trouble rather often. This idea of trying to train his Mareep around town and constantly getting in trouble went on in till the boy came to be about 13, where he just began to feel it wasn't worth it anymorel.

Over the time period his Mareep hadn't gotten much stronger through all this time and the bond between the two, while fair, still hadn’t gotten to a point where one could say the two had a ‘strong’ bond, despite all the time the two spent with each other. There was something missing between the two. That was in till, Castor met his Charmander, Icuru.

One day a Charmander randomly appeared in Olivine City. While it wasn’t too abnormal for wild pokemon to appear in towns, this Charmander was a little eccentric. He randomly challenged trainers he could find, but being very weak, he lost most of his battle, due to his low level of power. It was a bit odd that the pokemon was never caught, lathough the most reasonable hypothesis was that people just felt he was too weak, regardless, the pokemon still roamed freely for about a week. It's roaming ended when he choose to challenged Castor, assuming him to be just as powerful as all the other trainers he fought. Despite Castor not being a real trainer. he and Virva accepted the challenge naturally, due to the fact they hadn’t really had a ‘battle’ in a long time, since they retired from their previous habits. The battle between the lizard and the sheep was fairly quick, but tiring for both of them, but in the end, the Charmander won, just barely.

Finally achieving victory, the Charmander gained a powerfulconfident. Apparently the charmander was faced with a problem it had to face and in order to achieve it, it had to get stronger. This is why it openly challenged trainers, constantly battling in till it gained victory. When it finally defeated a trainer, it knew it could overcome it's power. Infact, this rush from victory increased this thought in the charmanders little head, he felt it was ready to over come any problem it was proposed with. With this victorious rush in mind and despite being heavily injured, the charmander ran off, out of town. Oddly, Virva seemed distraught and followed followed him rapidly, as if scared of something that was too happen. Naturally, as the pokemon partner Castor follow. When running Castor noticed something about Virva's attitude, it seemed fearful, it is possible that the charmander may have hinted to the mareep just what his problem was and from the mareep's reaction, she seemed that it knew, he wouldn't be able to overcome the goal it set out to do.

The Charmander hastily ran to a cave hidden away on the beach of Olivine. It jumped into the cave excitedly, knowing that he was now stronger.. While entering the cave shortly after the charmander, he was much out of their sight and the interior ended up being a rather large cavern, with multiple paths to choose, oddly the charmander's track also were unable to be seen. It took about ten minutes for the two to reach the Charmander, the fact they managed to get there so quickly was a great miracle. Unfortunately, by the time they finally found the hidden away room, the scene was rather dreadful. There was lake in the room, a terrifying Gyarados floating over the lake and furthermore, a heavily injured Charmander whom laid at the edge of the water, its fire on its tail was growing very dim. It seemed that it was about to finish off the Charmander in till it saw Castor and his Mareep enter. It grew furious and redirected its attention towards the intruders.

Long unneeded backstory stuff. (click to show)

When Castor finally escaped from the cold grasps of the horrible seaside cave. The gyarados was defeated, but his pokemon were still in a bad position, he rushed to the pokemon center, to heal his pokemon, whom he believed to be in critical condition, his injuries had to be ignored atleast for this moment. After giving his pokemon to the center's nurses,he was relived to hear that both of them should be okay after a certain amount of time. He then went off to the actual human hospital in Olivine to take care of his arm. As it turned out the three all managed to get to perfect health at about the same time.

That short adventured proved to give Castor a great taste of what it would be like to be a trainer in the outside world. The thrills that can be achieved by battling and the dangers and fears that can arise from it too. It was an interesting concept to the boy and during his hospitalized time this was the main thing he really though about, asides from his pokemon themselves. He still wasn’t too sure, but there was something about being a trainer he really loved.

Regarding his family, they were horribly worried about Castor and were really unwilling to allow him to become a trainer, even after hearing his explanation of the joy he got from battling the Gyarados, hands on. While the family didn’t originally wish for him to be a trainer, this really gave a great reason for them to decline his wishes. It was just much too dangerous for them to openly let him do.

Once all three of the trio were finally okay, Castor held a secret meeting amongst him and his pokemon, regarding his wishes to be a trainer. While it was a little hard to fully converse with pokemon, he knew how to at least get yes and no answers from them. From what he asked them he could easily conclude both of them would willingly follow him if he were to become a trainer and that they supported him honestly. This gave Castor a lot of confidence with his choice on what he wished to do with life.

It should be noted that during this time, Charmander showed a bit of it's personality. It was a little stupid, while not in a negative sense, it wasn't really great at deducing simple ideas and concepts. It had a fairly straight forward mindset. This mindset also was the reasoning behind his loyalty to both Virva and Castor, as they both saved their life, risking their lives to do so. He felt loyalty and commitment to the two was the only form for him to repay them. This is also why he openly took the name Icuru from Castor, knowing that it would be a good way to show his willingness to repay him. It should also be noted that Charmander's goal in defeating the gyarados was never really fully defined nor questioned. Both Castor and Mareep were willing to believe that he just saw it as a challenge he had to overcome and nothing more, although it is very possible that their was or is a deep meaning behind the attack.

His Mareep, Virva had undergone a change after the battle too. While still remaining a cheerful persona, she was far more protective over Castor. While not an obsessive protective, she would be more cautious in the movements she would allow him to make, such as taking bad turns in the city or doing something dangerous. It possible she felt guilty over anything that may have happened to Castor during the cave incident and that she didn't put in enouhg effort, despite the fact that she was the one who defeated the gyarados. The same idea of protectionism towards both his pokemon, but especially Virva, also developed in Castor at his time, giving him doubts about becoming a trainer. He didn't want to hurt his pokemon for his sake, but their absolute willingness to join him in his quest of becoming a trainer, lessened this doubt, but still didn't remove his wish to not have them hurt.

Over the time period between his hospitalization and his 14th birthday, Castor constantly attempted to convince his parents that he should become a trainer. He tried to sell them by telling them that he had talent by how he defeated that Gyarados. He tried to explain that his pokemon are completely willing to become battling pokemon and that he was just destined to become a trainer. Training was very dangerous and they didn’t want to see their first born just die in the middle of nowhere. That was in till his 14th birthday. Castor decided if they weren’t going to allow him to go on a journey, then he would just do it by himself, by running away.

As such, he stated so to his parents, but before telling him of his plans to run away, he waited to see their reply, it was his birthday after all. Surprisingly, they finally said yes. It may have been that they overheard him or they just simply finally understood how badly he wanted to become a trainer, whatever the reasoning was, they finally gave him permission child to travel the world. This day was probably one of Castor’s happiest birthdays, if not days, of his life. His wish has finally came true! Castor could finally be a trainer!

From there it would be decided that in due time, Castor would be sent to the Furoh Region to begin his adventure, as it would be a little to awkward for him to ready himself for Johto by going too some far off town, to be put in a place where wild pokemon weren't too strong. being shipped off would have been much easier seeing as they do live in the port City of Johto, Olivine City and the idea that Castor was going to be away anyways.

Starting Pokemon:

Species: Mareep
Nickname: Virva
Level: 10

Species: Charmander
Nickname: Icuru
Level: 10

Items:
New Model Red (Not Pink) Pokegear
Medium Size Gold backpack
Reasonable amount of food for him and his pokemon
Wallet
Pokeballs x15
Potion x10

What is the biscuit's name? The answer is... Waldorf!

This post has been edited by Kranic: Dec 18 2009, 09:56 PM

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Dec 17 2009, 10:17 AM
Post #2

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

First, you can't make a Bio too long. Usually, we have trouble getting people to write more than five sentences. The longer the bio, the more we know about the character. That being said, it could use some proofreading. It's not unreadable; just read through it and correct some punctuation, grammar errors.

I'm a little iffy about the Lvl. 23 Gyarados vs. Lvl. 10 Mareep battle, particularly the death of the gyarados. If the gyarados succumbed to paralysis, it would make me feel a lot better and could still fit the story. Though Charge is used as an egg move here, since another starter can learn it at Lvl 9 (Shinx), I'll allow that.

Change those things and I would approve of this wink.gif.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kranic
post Dec 18 2009, 10:10 PM
Post #3

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 75 208

Active Squad

QUOTE(2gamers @ Dec 17 2009, 10:17 AM) *
First, you can't make a Bio too long. Usually, we have trouble getting people to write more than five sentences. The longer the bio, the more we know about the character. That being said, it could use some proofreading. It's not unreadable; just read through it and correct some punctuation, grammar errors.

I'm a little iffy about the Lvl. 23 Gyarados vs. Lvl. 10 Mareep battle, particularly the death of the gyarados. If the gyarados succumbed to paralysis, it would make me feel a lot better and could still fit the story. Though Charge is used as an egg move here, since another starter can learn it at Lvl 9 (Shinx), I'll allow that.

Change those things and I would approve of this wink.gif.

Again, sorry about the long post, I just got an idea and went with it, I wasn't originally intending for it to be too long.
Anyways,
I edited/proofread most of the post, although a good majority of the gyarados battle is the same.
Replaced the gyarados death with it falling unconscious again, although I did kinda explain my reasoning to why I made it die.
(No protecting to Electricity->Internal Organs being really messed up->Death.)
I also made a little bit about the minor changes in Castor and his pokemon after the fight, although it really isn't that deep.

I only figured the Mareep v Gyara thing would work because of the almighty 4x type advantage and the fact it was already fighting a bit beforehand and wasn't too experienced in battle as it was.
I was also originally intending it to only be level 20(freshly evolved) and just used dragonbreath as a way so Castor couldn't escape easily and just went under my moves work if the level is kinda close mindset, so sorry about that too.

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

+Quote Post

Toogee
post Dec 19 2009, 09:41 AM
Post #4

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

You misunderstood me about the bio: it is impossible to make the bio too long wink.gif.

Generally, we frown on death in the RP. The last time some one died, it was handled very poorly. Now, we don't allow it at all. I might be open to it depending on the circumstances, but if there's another option, I go with that.

Approved. Go forth and post (in the current levels thread)!

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:55 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.