Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Show Stoppers
Vincent Valentin...
post May 1 2010, 09:56 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 31 823

Unpaid Interns

Okay, so this is a team idea I've had for awhile now, but I never bothered to go out and make that fantasy a reality, mostly because I'm having trouble finding/acquiring the right Pokemon. But anyways, I might as well get it rated before I do anything drastic or make anything official.

Omastar @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 hp/176 Def/80 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Surf
I love Omastar, he's the man. I've chain-bred him to have Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Stealth Rock~ The object is to get all three elements out on the opponent before he has the chance to die. He should be able to withstand a hit or two, and the Focus sash can compensate for the following hit, with a little luck, of course.

Electivire @ Choice Band
Ability: Motor Drive
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 Hp
- ThunderPunch
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop
- earthquake
Standard sweeper. I loved his diverse movepool, so I simply had to have him. Nothing much to explain here though.

Swampert @ Choice Band
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 136 hp/204 Atk/68 Def/100 Spe
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Stone Edge

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
I couldn't get rid of my Togekiss even if I tried. I have to have him in my team, even if I have to work around him. Togekiss is relatively slow, so not only will Thunder Wave slow down an opponent, it will also give them a chance to not move at all from being paralyzed. Air Slash just adds onto the opponent not being able to move, as it has a chance of making them flinch.

Heatran @ Wide Lens
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 hp/252 SAtk/252 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Hidden Power Ice

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 248 HP/88 Atk/172 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break
Standard moveset, I think. Should be self-explanatory.

This post has been edited by azrulen: May 1 2010, 07:28 PM

--------------------
Officially claimed Togekiss
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post May 1 2010, 12:09 PM
Post #2

A New Era
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 28

Active Squad

Focus Sash only works when you're at 100% health and you get hit for 100% damage. So remove that from Omastar. I'd replace it with Leftovers for a bit of extra survivability. 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD EVs would be better (SpD is Special Defense) for taking hits like it's supposed to. I don't know why you put speed on there. I'd also replace Water Pulse with Surf or Hydro Pump. The small chance of confusion isn't worth doing twice as much damage. Overall, if you make some changes then it could be a solid lead. You still need to worry about Aerodactyl, Tyranitar, Hippowdon, and Azelf; they are some of the most common leads in OU and they can all murder you. If you're scared about that, get another lead.

Electivire looks solid, but it seems like it'd fare better as a mixed sweeper. Since you have Togekiss on your team, you could redirect any Electric-type attacks to Electivire, who would proceed to sweep easily.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Motor Drive
Hasty / Mild
36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice / Grass
-Flamethrower
-Cross Chop / Earthquake

This thing, with the speed boost from Motor Drive, can take out a lot of threats in OU. Gyarados takes a Thunderbolt, Tyranitar takes a Cross Chop, Salamence/Flygon get hit with Hidden Power Ice, and the list goes on. You could use HP Grass for Swampert, but Swampert is not nearly as common and therefore not recommended over Ice.

Tauros is alright, but it's outclassed by so many other things. It has no stat-boosting moves or priority. I'd suggest switching this, honestly. You could probably work with Swampert, since your team is very fragile. You'd probably need to replace Omastar with something else, though, since you have two 4x weaknesses to Grass on your team. Swampert and Scizor also make a good team, as they resist each others' 4x weaknesses and provide a decent offensive combo. Add Togekiss's Thunder Wave to the mix and Swampert doesn't seem so slow anymore. Seriously, Swampert is just a perfect piece to your team while Tauros does nothing to help.

Swampert @ Choice Band / Leftovers
Torrent
Adamant
136 HP / 204 Atk / 68 Def / 100 Spe
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Stone Edge

The main U-Turners are Ambipom, Azelf, Celebi, Crobat, Flygon, Gliscor, Infernape, Jirachi, Scizor, and Zapdos. Ambipom and Azelf go down to Waterfall quite easily. Use Ice Punch on Crobat, Flygon, and Gliscor. Use Earthquake on Jirachi and Scizor, and switch out on Celebi, Infernape, and Zapdos because they can all carry Grass Knot and Hidden Power Grass and they're all faster than you. If they're paralyzed, go ahead and kill Celebi and Infernape, but Zapdos is still a gamble.

And I'll finish the rest later. Just a quick note, Scizor with Pursuit is very helpful if you want to support the triangle offense of Swampert/Togekiss/Scizor.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Vincent Valentin...
post May 1 2010, 02:26 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Unpaid Interns

I could definitely make those changes to Omastar.

As for Electivre, I appreciate the advice but personally, I think he does better as a solid, physical sweeper. I do not think that needs much changing.

I am not to sure I like Swampert, I dont like using starters at all. Surely I could use Quagsire or Whiscash instead? However, the idea of a water/ground pokemon in my team seems complementary all the same.

And thanks, what should I take out of Scizor for Pursuit?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post May 1 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #4

A New Era
Group Icon

Active Squad

If you're going to be competitive, you can't really choose favourites. And if you're going to post here, you should at least try out the advice given. You should also be using the best option out there. And for this case, Whiscash and Quagsire suck.

As for Scizor, I really don't know. Swords Dance + Roost is a killer combo, and Brick Break is a pretty good move to pair with Bullet Punch. If anything, remove Brick Break I guess. That is, only replace it if you're going to use Swampert. Then again, Togekiss handles Celebi well. Sorta. Or you could keep Tauros, but...Tauros is so outclassed by every other physical sweeper in existence.

Houndoom takes care of Celebi too, but I was going to tell you to replace that with something else :/ It's not good to have two of your special sweepers (your only two, actually) weak to Stealth Rock with nothing to remove such a threat. Also, Heatran outclasses Houndoom quite well and takes neutral damage from Stealth Rock. I'm getting the idea you don't like legendaries either, though.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Vincent Valentin...
post May 1 2010, 07:16 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Unpaid Interns

Well, I suppose you are right. I can go ahead and switch Tauros out, then. I plan on trying it out, dont get me wrong. I appreciate the time you contributed in giving me feedback, thank you.

Hmm, it is very hard to pick something for Scizor as you say, considering how balanced he is right now. I can go ahead and test him out like he currently is, and maybe see how things go from there?

I dont like legandaries, actually XD How did you know?
But, personally, I do not consider Heatran a legandary, it took me until just recently to notice that the little buggers have genders. I have a Modest one in one of my boxes, perhaps I could switch him out with Houndoom.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post May 1 2010, 07:30 PM
Post #6

A New Era
Group Icon

Active Squad

I'm psychic.

Great, then. Try out the team on Shoddy Battle if you want. It's the perfect testing grounds for a competitive team.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Koritsi
post May 1 2010, 08:56 PM
Post #7

The Blonde Menace
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 691

HeartGold

If you're using wide lens on Heatran is better to replace Fire Blast with Magma Storm.

Choice Scarf is also a good item hence Heatran doesn't have much speed.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:43 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.