Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
[OU] Random Comeback
ImaPenguin95
post Jul 30 2010, 04:54 AM
Post #1

Back From Hiatus
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3 899

The Team

Weavile.

So, I recently got back into competitive Pokemon after quite a large haitus, and have decided to revisit my old grounds here at the GTSPLus RMT section. I look around a few threads, and I really dislike what I see. No offense, but the quality and standard of both the teams and rates here has definitely plummeted since I left. However, I can't really criticise overly much - I have just returned to Pokemon of course. So, without further adieu, the first of many teams, and something which may provide an extra example for new users.

At a glance.

In depth.

@
Azelf @ Colbur Berry
Levitate
8 HP / 140 Attack / 144 Special Defense / 216 Speed
Jolly
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- U-Turn
- Explosion

I was originally running Roserade in this spot, however, a rise in Machamp and Tyranitar leads really dented his effectiveness. I was also running Stealth Rocks on a Scarf Heatran - I wanted a way to free up both slots at once, while still dealing with Tyranitar and Machamp leads. Then, it hit me - Colbur Berry Azelf. It gets up stealth rocks, takes the dark move, and then explodes / U Turns. Explosion OHKO'es almost anything not resisting it, meaning Machamp will be immeditately removed, and U Turn deals significant damage to opposing Azelf, Tyranitar, and Starmie.
The EVs on this Azelf allow it to survive the two most powerful moves it should be going against in the lead position - Metagross Adamant STAB Meteor Mash, followed by Bullet Punch, and Roserades Timid Leaf Storm, meaning he can still get Stealth Rocks up against these two. Anything slower than Azelf, I will taunt, anything faster, I will simply choose my move accordingly - U Turn if they are known to carry taunt, or Stealth Rock if they are not known to carry Taunt.

@
Suicune @ Leftovers
Pressure
4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Timid
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Ice Beam

Suicune plays as the teams late game sweeper. I originally ran Life Orb for the extra power, however, I disliked the bulk that Life Orb sacrificed, and so I opted to run Leftovers, and I am more than happy with the results. This is your basic offensive Suicune - max speed, max special attack. It functions as my foremost Dragonite check, who otherwise tears through this team with ease. This is one of the main reasons I am considering getting wish support somewhere on my team - it means Suicune can continuously switch into Dragonite without fearing too much about repeated hits.
Late game however, is when Suicune shines the most. After just one CM, it has enough special attack to kill the majority of pokemon left at the time, and due to it's speed investment, it outruns all max speed neutral base 90's - the most notable of which is obviously Lucario. One downside of this Suicune variant is that it can not defeat Blissey or any other dedicated special walls without the aid of team members - meaning early - mid game, I will have to focus solely on removing these.

@
Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
12 HP / 252 Attack / 244 Speed
Adamant
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Stone Edge

Yes, I am Gyarados paranoid, despite one hardcore counter and a check on this team, hence Stone Edge on Breloom, instead of Substitute. The only downside of this is the higher level of prediction required with Focus Punch - hiding behind a Substitute and firing off Focus Punches. However, the added bonus of hitting opposing Zapdos, Gyarados and Dragonte switching in to take a focus punch is definitely worth the trade off.
Breloom functions as my main way to rid myself of Blissey, dedicated special walls, and general bulky waters, due to his ability to shut them down with sleep and hit most (if not all) of the aforementioned super effectiely with relatively powerful STAB moves. Since Mence and Latias were banned, I find Breloom is an incredibly effective partner to Suicune, effectively eleminating all of it's dedicated counters. Due to this, I will only be taking suggestions on the EV spread and moves - his position on the team is solid, and the rest merely support Breloom and Suicune.

@
Heatran @ Life Orb
Flash Fire
4 Attack / 252 Special Attack /252 Speed
Naive
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Explosion

The final member of my Water / Grass / Fire core. Heatran eliminates threats such as Jirachi and general steels - notably, Scizor, who can deal a rather big chunk of damage to quite a few members of my team. I chose to run Life Orb Heatran due to the fact that many teams today run either Blissey or Snorlax to check him, or rely on the opponent being choiced and aim to use immunities to play around it. Life Orb allows Heatran the ability to switch between moves, while still dealing a hefty amount of damage, with fire blast 2HKO'ing the majority of Pokemon who don't resist it. Hidden Power Grass eliminates any Swamperts thinking they can wall me, while Earth Power is almost always the first move I use - enemy Heatran are normally just around the corner, waiting to absorb my fire blasts and use them against me. Explosion is self explanatory, for Blissey removal and a relatively big chunk out of anything not resisting it when I run low on health.
As stated, Heatran forms the final member of my Water / Grass / Fire core, which has increased in popularity since Mence's removal from the OU metagame. However, I am considering running an Infernape instead of Tran, namely Physical Based Mix, or NPNape. Thoughts?

@
Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Timid
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Trick

My utility check. Stops Blissey in her tracks with Trick, Lucario, Scizor and Metagross in theirs with Overheat, Gengar in his with Shadow Ball, and Gyarados in his with Thunderbolt. And he does all this, while spin blocking. I don't know if there's a Pokemon which can achieve all this as well as Rotom-H in the current metagame. He also offers invaluable resistances to Ground typed attacks, something which claim dominance now with the banning of Salamence. This guy also helps with my teams Dragonite weakness, however, I am considering running Will-O-Wisp in one of the slots to make sure that the orange giant isn't sweeping my any time soon. Again, i would like feedback on this matter.
That's really all I can say on this guy. I am reluctant to change him due to the aforementioned reasons, however, I am always open to helpful suggestions.

@
Dragonite @ Life Orb
Inner Focus
112 Attack / 196 Special Attack / 200 Speed
Rash
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Roost

Generic wall breaker comments go here. No, seriously though, this guy literally decimates any walls thinking they can come in and ruin my day. Blissey dies to Superpower, Skarmory and Forretress both go to Fire Blast, and there are too many Pokemon to mention who fall to repeated Draco Meteors. This guy serves as a secondary check to any walls stopping Suicune, and also aids Suicune in the effect that, with Stealth Rock damage, firing off Draco Meteors on the opponents team will quickly rack up a ton of damage, allowing Suicune to sweep earlier in the game, when it still has near full health. There is a small degree of prediction used with this Dragonite, and letting a Heatran come intoa Fire Blast unchecked is a very risky move - I will have to make almost certain that I nail it with Superpower on the switch, as, if I don't, I will be relying on heavy prediction to force it out.
Dragonite is another replacable member of my team and should I decide to run a wall breaking Infernape, Dragonites role will be almost redundant. As such, I would not mind some good suggestions for a replacement.

And there it is. My newest team. Based around a Water / Grass / Fire core, which I would prefer to not disturb.

Rate, comment, steal.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Tatatorterra
post Jul 31 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #2

Lazy Continental Pokémon
Group Icon

Member No.: 94 157

4 gen OU Team

I play OC metagame in PBS and I have see many teams exactly like yours. The team is not that bad, but it is something everybody has seen and knows how to counterattack.

Many people use Azelf as Lead and he isn't too good for it. Stealth Rock ia a great move, but it is not something that will decide a battle - see my team that I posted here, despite weaknesses against S. Rock, I can beat a team like yours without any problems.

Try something new, unexpected. So you get good results.
And remove Azelf and put something else in place - not worth having him on the team.

--------------------

TURTLE POWER!!!

~ Click on Torterra for my GPX+ ~
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Jul 31 2010, 01:17 PM
Post #3

A New Era
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 28

Active Squad

I actually borrowed this team for testing purposes and it was pretty good. I went 10-4 with it, probably could've been much better if I had gotten used to the team.

I've never been a fan of Azelf, but at least it got the job done, I guess. I don't run SR leads anyways, so I can't offer any opinion on it.

I think Heatran was a weak spot on your team. Whenever I used it, it didn't help very much at all. It's too slow to do anything useful, but its resistances come in handy I guess. I would test Infernape.

You could also give special-based MixApe a shot too. It's a monster wall breaker. But then you'd only have one dedicated physical attacker, so I dunno. Just see how things work. Can't hurt to try, right?

--------------------

+Quote Post

brawler1235
post Aug 3 2010, 03:01 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 061

Active Squad

Very nice team, well thought out. Look nlike it has no real troubles other than agility gross and lead champ (who doesnt). But i have to agree with Black Ice; heatran looks like the weak point, and it seems like it is slowing down you're team. I personally like the idea of physically-based mixed ape as a replacement, but NP ape also has its perks. Overall, this is a very nice team.

--------------------
Clicky Clicky?

-by buzz
+Quote Post

Stratospheric Co...
post Aug 3 2010, 04:31 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 107 360

Active Squad

QUOTE(Tatatorterra @ Jul 31 2010, 02:14 PM) *
I play OC metagame in PBS and I have see many teams exactly like yours. The team is not that bad, but it is something everybody has seen and knows how to counterattack.

Many people use Azelf as Lead and he isn't too good for it. Stealth Rock ia a great move, but it is not something that will decide a battle - see my team that I posted here, despite weaknesses against S. Rock, I can beat a team like yours without any problems.

Try something new, unexpected. So you get good results.
And remove Azelf and put something else in place - not worth having him on the team.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:25 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.