Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Black Team
LiteSpeed
post Jun 24 2011, 08:33 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 39 978

hue

The pokemon arent quite level 100 yet, but I figured that they were far enough along to know what their strong points would be.

Samurott (click to show)

Zoroark (click to show)

Swoobat (click to show)

Mienshao (click to show)

Ferrothorn (click to show)

Golurk (click to show)

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Slugger57
post May 9 2012, 02:30 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 148 185

Active Squad

The team looks pretty good, but there are some things I would change. Oh, and do you know what their EVs are? And it would also help if you posted their abillities.

Samurott:
Samurott looks pretty good overall. My only sudgestion would be to maybe give him Aqua Jet for revenge KOs on pokemon you can't outspeed. Just a thought.

Zoroark:
You didn't put what nature it is, but that's ok since I see what it's highest attack stat is. Shadow ball really isn't useful on it, since it's a dark type, so it won't get STAB. I would go with night daze instead. I guess you could keep aerial ace, but odds are it won't take any fighting types out before they KO you. Foul play isn't really useful on him, since you never know what the attack stat of the opponent could be. You could use swagger with it, but that's risky, and you're better off using zoroark's stats instead of the opponents. I would go with one of these sets.

Zoroark @Life orb
-Night Daze
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
-Nasty Plot

Zoroark @Life Orb
-Swords Dance
-Sucker punch/Night slash
-Flamethrower
-Low sweep

Both of these sets are offensive, and can really do alot of damage if you use them right. Try to play around illusion, tricking your opponent into giving you a free turn to set up your stat-boosting move.

Swoobat:
Swooat isn't really that useful of a pokemon, or so I've heard. And I've never had it on a team myself, so I don't quite know how to use it. Are you willing to swap it out? Or are you wanting to keep it?

Meinshao:
This is a really great pokemon, and is annoying to face in battle. It does have regenerator as it's abillity right? Becuase that's it's main strategy, using that with U-turn. I see you pretty much have the standerd moveset, except for aura sphere. Since it's atk is way higher than it's special atk, it would be better to go with high-jump-kick. I know it's risky, but I've hardly ever seen it miss, and it's really powerful. I forgot whether bounce is usually used or not, but I would switch it with fake-out. So probably a set like this.

Meinshao @Expert belt/Muscle band
-Hi-jump-kick
-Fake out
-U-turn
-Stone edge.

Ferrothorn:
I've used ferrothorn a whole lot, and it's a very solid and versatile pokemon. Using his bulk and unique typing for setting up hazzards is his main selling point, but you don't have to go that direction if you don't want to. I would drop T-bolt, since it will be doing next to nothing coming off of a small base special atk. Keep Power whip. I would switch Iron head with Gyro ball, since ferro is slower than most everything else. Curse is also a good option when used in conjunction with Ingrain, which prevents phazing.
You will definatly want either ingrain or leech seed, since they're ferro's only means of recovery. He's alos really good at setting up entry hazzards since he has such bulk, as mentioned above. So probably one of these two sets.

Ferrothorn @Leftovers
-Power whip
-Gyro ball
-Ingrain/Leech seed
-Curse

Try to eliminate the enemy's fire types before using ingrain when using this set.

Ferrothorn @Leftovers/Rocky helmet
-Power whip
-Gyro ball/Protect
-Leech seed
-Stelth rock/Spikes

The objective of this set is to set up entry hazzards to continually wear down the opponent. Rocky helmet + Iron barbs (his abillity) takes away 25% of the foes health when they maked direct contact with ferro, which punnishes any rapid spinners that try to get rid of what he's set up while he;s out there. It also discoourages the enemy from using a physical fighting-type move on him.

Golurk:
Golurk helps with the synergy on this team very well, since it has immunities to fighting and electric attacks, two of your biggest weaknesses. He also blocks rapid spin from removing any hazzards ferro would set up if you decide to go with that set. Again, Golurk is one of those pokemon I haven't ever used, so my advice wouldn't be backed up by experience.

--------------------
My other accounts:
Slugger57 On Goodgame empire (World:International 2)
Slugger2557 On Neopets
Slugger57 On Serebii forums
Slugger57 On Pokemon Online
Slugger57 On Smogon forums.

''The best way to save face is to keep the bottom half shut.'' - One of my joke books
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:06 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.