Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
Gone Fishing...
Emp
post Nov 28 2008, 04:11 PM
Post #1

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1 348

Active Squad

This Role-Play is for EmpoleonDynamite and Pumpkin King only...
Gone Fishing...

Port Barley. A starting point for many travelers in Furoh, the town is set into a large cove and is a bustling hive of activity. Commercial, public and private vessels set sail at all hours of the day and night. But another activity taken on by people of this town is fishing! Some fish as a lifestyle, others in search of rare Pokémon, but no matter what the outcome, you are sure to have an adventure along the way. And little do they know, two young travelers are about to have a unforgetable adventure of their own…

THUD!

The red-head fell square on her face. She looked around, noticing the mischievous Meowth that’d caused the accident was back on its feet. Charlie was shocked that the Meowth didn’t even apologize; it continued running rabid up the empty road.

“Hey!!” she shouted squarely at the tabby-cat, “When you trip someone up, you apologize! I don’t care if you can’t spe-“ She abruptly stopped speaking as a putrid stench filled the air, Meowth still scurrying about. The disgusting odour was undoubtedly coming from the tabby-cat, but why would it smell so bad? Even stray cats kept themselves clean. Charlie gagged, feeling so sick she couldn’t even muster up her sentence...

“Meowsy!” yelled a voice from afar. Suddenly, a lad about sixteen darted toward Charlie and the feline. He was taller than Charlie and had short black hair. The most distinct feature about the boy was the Purple critter hanging from his hand. He grinned as he swung the Pokémon by its tail.

“I caught it Meowsy! And that Skunk’ll pay for the day it messed with you!” Charlie suddenly realised what was going on, the rotten kid had caught a poor Stunky for some odd reason. Charlie’s blood was boiling, ’What gives him the nerve to swing that naive skunk!?’ She clutched Quilava’s Pokeball furiously. The second the boy noticed Charlies presence, she made sure he didn’t feel at ease.

“What the hell are you doing to that poor Stunky?!” she snapped – hauling her Pokeball off her belt. At this point, the small Meowth ran to its trainers feet.

“Take it easy”, he replied calmly, “My Meowth came across this hear Stunky. Not being the smartest of Pokémon, he couldn’t tell the difference between the critter and a stray Skitty. He got sprayed. So I figured I should avenge the poor feline. This skunk is gunna make quite a roast! Just one thing... got any Tomato juice?” Charlie’s last nerve had just been plucked. She was doing well with her apparent ‘anger issues’, but this jackass deserved what was coming to him. Dropping her Pokeball, she released Typhu. The young Quilava gave both the anxious trainer and his pathetic Meowth a look of pure disgust.

“Give me that Stunky and get lost!” she yelled, followed by a growl by Typhu. The two hesitantly dropped the pitiable skunk and darted in the opposite direction. The team smiled confidently at each over before turning to Stunky. She cradled skunk, he had several cuts and bruises.

“Don’t worry little fella’. I’ll take care of you”, she promised...

A day later, the young red-head had reached her destination. She looked in awe at the breathtaking sights: Ships docking into the port, the tall and intrepid light house, even the Wingull flying over the horizon made it all feel so - cosy. Taking in a breath of fresh sea salt air, she marched up the harbour with a spring in her step. Yet she couldn’t help feel anxious – the addition of two new Pokémon to her arsenal had her feeling tense.

“This setting should be ideal for training up my new Pokémon. I just need a battle partner” She bit her lip uneasily as she gazed down the busy port...

stunky.gif Lv.15 obtained

This post has been edited by EmpoleonDynamite: Nov 28 2008, 05:44 PM

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Nov 28 2008, 04:45 PM
Post #2

Nevermore!
Group Icon

Member No.: 807

BLARG

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

The only noise in the house came from the grandfather clock. Vincent lay on the carpeted floor, reading the book he bought just yesterday, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, by Jules Verne. A Spheal lay next to the teenager fast asleep.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

Vincent slid his bookmark into the book and shut the cover. "Wake up, Wally," he said gently. "It's four o'clock. Your nap time's over."

"Sphee..." the round little seal said in response with his eyes still closed.

Vincent sighed. "Come on, Wally. I'll give you a nice PokeBlock," he bribed. Wally suddenly sprung to life, rolling towards the kitchen. Vincent chuckled as he got off the floor. Watching the Spheal roll rather than walk always brought a smile to his face. "All right, but just one."

"Sphee, spheal!"

Vincent put a Blue PokeBlock on a plate and placed it right in front of the anxious seal. Suddenly, Wally was pushed out of the way by an even more anxious turtle. Wally was sent rolling out of the kitchen and into the living room. "Squirt! How many times must I tell you? Wally is a Pokemon, not a ball to kick around when you're bored. And that was his PokeBlock, not yours. He earned it."

"Squirtle, squirt," the Tiny Turtle Pokemon said apologetically, though Vincent knew Squirt had no remorse. Wally came bouncing back into the kitchen.

"Here you go, Wally," Vincent said. "You get two PokeBlocks for behaving." Squirt grew jealous as Wally chewed on the PokeBlocks.

The door flung open and a blue-haired man entered. "Hello, Vincent, Wally, Squirt. How was your day?" This man was Sebastian, cousin of the champion of Hoenn, Wallace.

"Sphee!" "Squirt!" "Fine," all three said simultaneously. "We were actually about to head out to train. I can't win a badge with these guys' levels so low."

"Where ya headed?"

"I dunno. Wherever we can find a trainer eager to battle," Vincent said as he fixed a strand of hair that was out of place.

Sebastian gave a small laugh. "That's everywhere, Vinny."

"Vincent," he corrected as he used a lint roller to clean his black shirt.

"Right. Forgot. So when are-"

"Bye, Sebastian!" The door shut.

This post has been edited by Pumpkin King: Nov 28 2008, 04:45 PM

--------------------

Think I'm cool? Follow me on tumblr.
Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Emp
post Nov 28 2008, 05:42 PM
Post #3

Elite Four
Group Icon

Active Squad

The young trainer was struck with inspiration, “The beach! Not only should there be a truck load of trainers itching for battle. The open space is sure to make for good battling!” With the thought in her head – she darted over the timber boardwalk and toward the beach. Not even the putrid smell of rotting fish could dampen her mood.

“Here we are!” she announced to herself. The moment she realised she was talking to herself when she could just so easily be talking to her Pokémon, she pulled out her Pokeballs. Tossing them all up in chorus, each ball opened to release her arsenal.

“Lavaaa!” growled Quilava – igniting its flames.
“Bowwow!” barked Houndour, who commenced by chasing her tail rather playfully.
“Eiiikk!” screeched Zubat, who fluttered up and down hastily.

Charlie looked down at the Stunky, who’d not even bothered to make a noise. The purple skunk moped over to Charlies legs – it was evident the critter was still troubled.

“Don’t worry... Um... Funk!” she said assuringly, patting the skunk gently, “Just watch us train, you’ll get into the swing of things!” Charlie empathised with the poor skunk, neither of them had had any friends. Funk smelt like burnt rubber – Charlie had always been anti-social with humans. But things where changing for Charlie, she’d already met two new people on her journey.

“Typhu, you can battle against Demon and Drac!” she yelled. The three Pokémon took their positions on the sandy beach and started firing friendly attacks at each over. Charlie watched carefully – doing her best to spot every area of improvement.

“Typhu, practice your Rollout attacks on Houndour! That’ll improve your rolling skills for Flame Wheel!”
“Demon, use ember to slow down that Rollout! Your greatest offence can also be used as defence!”
“Drac! Use Supersonic! We want to focus on accuracy!”

Charlie watched as her Pokémon carried out there orders. Quilava was gyrating rapidly, spitting sand in all directions. The other two Pokémon did their best to avoid Quilava’s assaults whilst launching their own attacks. It wasn’t the most convenient way of training – but it sure was thrilling. Stunky looked at the battle in awe – she couldn’t wait to see who’d win.

This post has been edited by EmpoleonDynamite: Nov 28 2008, 05:43 PM

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Nov 28 2008, 06:07 PM
Post #4

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

Vincent walked through the neighborhood. He took a sip of water as the sun beat down on him. His black hair, black shirt and dark jeans attracted heat, making him even hotter. Not a soul was to be seen in the neighborhood, as always. Who would sit around at home when the beach is only a mile away? Vincent. He preferred the quietude of his new home over the noisy atmosphere of the beach.

"Squirt, squirtle?" the Tiny Turtle Pokemon asked.

"Well, this place is dead as usual," Vincent said. "I guess... we can go to the beach," he finished morbidly.

"Squirtle!" "Sphee!" Both Pokemon cheered. They loved the beach, unlike their trainer.

"Squirt, Wally, that doesn't accomplish anything," Vincent said as his Pokemon started building a sand castle. Wally had trouble due to his rotund physique. His little flippers couldn't reach very far. Vincent had given up on trying to convince his Pokemon to get back to training, so he continued reading his book. While trying to stick a miniature flag at the top of the castle, Wally toppled over and destroyed all of their work.

"Squirt! Squirtle squirt squirtle!" the turtle said angrily to the Spheal.

"Sphee, sphee, spheal," Wally said in response.

"Squirt, squirtle, squirt." That Tny Turtle Pokemon was playfully unforgiving.

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Emp
post Nov 29 2008, 02:36 PM
Post #5

Elite Four
Group Icon

Active Squad

Charlie pumped her fist in the air at the amount of control Typhu had over its attack. He was literally drawing circles around Drac and Demon. However, this meant she had to focus less on Quilava. Zubat was fluttering up and down – aimlessly using its Supersonic attack. Meanwhile Houndour barked irately at the spinning Pokémon, chasing it up and down the beach.

“Drac, if Supersonic isn’t workin’ for ya’, switch things up with an astonish attack!”
“Demon, go for another ember!”

Upon hearing her, Demon halted and produced a flurry of scarlet flames. Quilava barely budged, and continued gyrating toward Zubat. The bat screeched at Quilava – successfully confusing him. Charlie pumped her first in the air again, until she noticed Typhu was still spinning at a breakneck pace. The Echidna continued down the beach, knocking over several well-crafted sand castles.

“Look out!” Charlie shouted. Suddenly, Quilava hurtled into a trainer and his Pokémon. Charlie’s face turned as red as her hair – she ran over to the group. Handing up the poor boy, she blushed again.

“I’m sorry, my training got a lil’ intense...” She said awkwardly, “I’m Charlie...”

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Nov 29 2008, 08:48 PM
Post #6

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

Vincent had his face hidden behind the cover of his book. He had blocked out the noisy world surrounding him while Squirt buried Wally in the sand. The two Pokemon had already built four sand castles, though the parts Wally worked on were completely destroyed.

Vincent was half-way through a paragraph when he heard, “Look out!” A Quilava stuck in its own Rollout attack was heading straight towards Vincent's party of three. The sand castles were destroyed, Wally was knocked out his sandy tomb and Vincent fell out of his beach chair. His book was sent flying through the air. Vincent's heart stopped as it landed inches away from the water's edge. Meanwhile, Squirt was safely hidden in his shell. “I’m sorry, my training got a lil’ intense...” The Quilava's trainer said awkwardly, “I’m Charlie...” She extended her hand to help Vincent up.

"I'm sorry," Vincent said. "That was totally my fault. I should've been paying more attention. I'm Vincent." He had a tendency to blame himself for everything. He grabbed onto Charlie's hand and got up from the sand. Before anything else, he rushed to save his book. Squirt peeked out from his shell, making sure the coast was clear and then emerged. Horror struck the Tiny Turtle Pokemon as he looked at his ruined sand castles. Squirt started yelling at the Quilava angrily. "Squirt, be nice. I am so terribly sorry for my Pokemon's behavior. And sorry again for earlier."

"Squirtle!" the turtle yelled as he used a Water Gun attack on Quilava.

"Squirt! Return!" Vincent said as he brought out a Great Ball. The Squirtle was converted into energy and contained inside the ball. "I'm sorry, once again."

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Emp
post Dec 2 2008, 04:57 PM
Post #7

Elite Four
Group Icon

Active Squad

What the hell’s he apologizing for? I’m the one who should be apologizing...

Her puzzled look soon turned into a mischievous grin. He seemed a nice person, nice enough to apologize for something clearly not his fault. Maybe she could take advantage of this – nice guys where easy to control. The red-head was itching for a battle, and she’d just found a worthy opponent...

“It was your fault”, she said rather sternly, “You could have caused serious injury to your Pokémon. Not to mention my Typhu!”

She turned away from Vincent and cradled her Quilava anxiously. A beaming smile crossed Charlie’s face, her manipulating skills where improving. She tapped the fainted Quilava with her Pokeball – the echidna was suddenly engulfed by a red beam and retracted into the ball. Turning around again, she put on her distressed face.

“Now Typhu is out, it looks like Drac and Demon have no one to battle with...” Charlie’s eyes widened, she drew closer to the boy, “You have two Pokémon, the least you can do is help me train. Double battle sound good to you?”

She looked beside her to notice Funk was rubbing her head affectionately at her legs, it seemed the small Skunk liked Charlie’s mean side. The skunk was growing on Charlie two – beside the putrid stench that followed her. If she could get past the smell, Stunky could even be considered "cute".

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Dec 2 2008, 06:10 PM
Post #8

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

"Um, sure! I'll help you train," Vincent said. "I still feel terrible for what happened." He turned away and cringed his nose. That skunk is is disgusting! "Squirt, Wally, playtime's over," Vincent said, turning back to face Charlie. He backed up a bit to give the Pokemon some more space. "You can go fist," Vincent said.

But before Charlie uttered a word, Squirt yelled out, "Squirtle!" while releasing a Water Gun attack.

"Squirt! It is not our turn!" Vincent scolded his Pokemon.

"Drac, Supersonic! Demon, Bite!" Charlie commanded. The Zubat began using Supersonic in every and any direction. The attack missed! The Houndour, however, bit down hard on Wally. "That could've been a penalty, ya know, you're Squirtle's Water Gun," Charlie said. "But I'll let it pass this time."

"Sorry," Vincent responded. "Water Pulse!"

"Squirt!" "Sphee!" The Squirtle and Spheal yelled as they both used Water Pulse in perfect harmony. Demon leapt out of the way, but Drac, ironically, was hit and became confused.

squirtle.gif
Water Gun, Rapid Spin, Water Pulse, Withdraw
spheal.gif
Defense Curl, Water Pulse, Powder Snow, Ice Ball
They can use other moves as well, I just thought this might help a little. Vincent isn't that great at battling, so he can lose.

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Emp
post Dec 8 2008, 07:52 AM
Post #9

Elite Four
Group Icon

Active Squad

“Hmph”, she grunted to herself. That boy needs some control over his Pokemon...

However, it was too late to moan. The battle had begun so she abruptly replied with her own orders. The small Turtle and Walrus Pokémon where proving to be formidable opponents - their bluey spheres of water made direct contact with Drac. Drac didn’t take well to this, and was beating its wings all over the place, moving left and right in great bewilderment. Houndour started chasing the bat Pokemon, barking widely.

“Control yourself you two! Drac and Houndour! Bite!” she yelled. Following her orders, the team rushed over to Squirtle and Spheal in perfect unison. The small hound made contact with Squirtle who let out a small yelp and used Withdraw. Zubat however, forgot to swoop in the mitts of its confusion and fluttered over to the Lighthouse! Spheal giggled and used Withdraw without having to worry about its opponent.

“What on earth are you doing!?” the red-head shouted heatedly at Zubat. The small bat blushed in embarrassment and swooped over to the Arena. He was shaking his head slightly – indicating he was still bewildered. Her opponent grinned confidently.

“You’re not out of the woods yet! Houndour, use Ember on Spheal! Zubat use Nasty Plot!”
“Oh yeah? Speal, Ice Ball on Houndour! Squirtle use Rapid Spin on Zubat!”

Zubat kicked things off by channelling its nasty thoughts, sharply raising its offence and ridding it of confusion. Meanwhile Squirtle popped into its shell and began gyrating toward Zubat. Sand furiously scattered across the beach as the spinning shell made contact with Zubat – knocking him back slightly. Meanwhile, Houndour used her best ember attack – sending flares of fire at the enemy Spheal. Quick on its toes, Spheal countered with a Ice Ball. Both attacks made contact with – cancelling the each over out.

houndour.gif
- Bite
- Ember
- Howl
- Smog

zubat.gif
- Nasty Plot
-Bite
- Supersonic
- Shadow ball (very bad accuracy)

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Dec 10 2008, 03:42 PM
Post #10

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

"Ow!" Vincent said with his eyelids sealed shut. Squirt's Rapid Spin had kicked up sand right into Vincent's eyes.

Charlie snickered. "Demon, Bite! Drac, use another Nasty Plot!" she whispered to her Pokemon.

"Wait, what's happening? Um... Water Gun, Powder Snow." Vincent commanded as he tried to pick out the sand. He didn't know what was going on in the battle. Squirt aimed his Water Gun at the Zubat, but saw Charlie's Houndour charging at Spheal with its mouth open.

"Squirtle!" The turtle yelled as he diverted his attack to stop Demon's path. The dog grunted as it leapt over Squirt's Water Gun attack, leaping over Wally as well.

"Sphee!" Wally used Powder Snow, much to the beachgoers displeasure. A small cloud rolled in and a gust of wind brought flurries of snow.

Houndour barked as he bit down on Spheal from behind. Zubat had just been hit by the Powder Snow. It was super effective, but the bat survived. "Now, Drac!" commanded Charlie. A mass of dark energy was collecting in Zubat's wings. With a swift flap of its wings, Drac sent a Shadow Ball attack towards the other side of the field.

Squirt, Wally and even Demon just stood and watched as the dark sphere flew right past them. "I think you missed," Vincent said. He finally removed the small sand grains from his eyes.

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Emp
post Dec 10 2008, 05:00 PM
Post #11

Elite Four
Group Icon

Active Squad

“You aint half bad”, she said flatteringly, “But you’re still out of my league! Demon, Howl then Ember! Drac, Supersonic!”
“Wally, use Water Pulse on Houndour! Sqirtle dodge all attacks with Rapid Spin!”

Demon nodded and started barking savagely. It ran circles around the duo, howling like a wolf would. Squirt decided things where getting tense, so the turtle tucked into its shell and gyrated rapidly. Again, sand was kicked everywhere – this time getting in Charlie’s eyes too! Meanwhile, Wally attempted a Water Pulse on Demon, this time skimming the pups leg and stopping her in her tracks. Demon replied to the attack by spitting out a flood of ember, the poor spheal felt the heat. As Squirtle continued spinning up the beach – Zubat followed it, attempting its best to confuse.

“Hmph. Squit hit Drac with Rapid Spin!” he ordered, “Wally, finish things with a Water Pulse!”
“Oh yeah? Demon, Ember! Drac, Shadow Ball!”

Squitle span again, in pursuit of the Zubat this time. Upon leaping into the air, Drac welcomed Squirt with a dark sphere of energy. The attack was enough to stop the Rapid Spin, but Squirtle’s shell took most of the damage. Meanwhile, the small hound and seal gazed at each over squarely, powering up a red and blue ball in unison. Each sent the attack to the other – creating a cataclysmic clash! The beach was engulfed in a thick fog for a few seconds. Both trainers watched anxiously as the fog cleared, neither Pokémon was standing. It was up to Drac and Squirt now, both still had a moderate supply of health.

“Well done!” Charlie said recalling her Houndour. Her Skunky even jumped up in excitement, still doing it’s best to hold in its farts. The red-head shoved the Red and white sphere in her pocket and turned her attention to Drac. “Use Bite whenever Squirt backs off! Then use Shadow Ball when he comes close!”

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Dec 10 2008, 08:07 PM
Post #12

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

"Aw..." Vincent returned his Spheal to his Dive Ball. "Good job, Wally." His voice had lost any tone it had before. Now it was just monotone. He knew how this would end. He tallied up another loss on his mental scoreboard. This was the ninth loss this week, and there were no wins. He put on a happy mask. After all, appearance is what counted most. "All right Squirt! It's all up to you! Use Water Gun from afar!"

"Squirt, squirt, squirt." The Tiny Turtle Pokemon let out grunts as he quickly retreated.

"Follow him and get him with a bite!" Charlie commanded Drac. Zubat quickly fluttered its wings, chasing after the turtle.

Squirt skidded to a stop. He had the water in his mouth prepared when Vincent yelled, "Rapid Spin!" Squirt retreated into his shell and went after Drac. The Zubat abruptly halted in midair and dived down to attack.

"Use Shadow Ball only when you're close enough!" the redhead commanded from the other side of the battlefield.

"Let out that Water Gun while spinning!" Vincent told his Squirtle. Squirt bounced off the ground, still spinning. Drac and Squirt met in midair.

"NOW!" "NOW!"

Both Pokemon used their attacks, but Drac was quicker. The Shadow Ball sent Squirt flying back towards Vincent. It was a critical hit! Water was still spraying from the Squirtle's mouth, but it halted when he landed on his the back of his shell.

"Squirt?" Vincent asked. He recalled his Pokemon when there was no response. "You did well Squirt." Vincent walked over to Charlie and courteously said, "Congratulations. I'm glad I had the opportunity to train with you."

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Emp
post Dec 15 2008, 03:23 PM
Post #13

Elite Four
Group Icon

Active Squad

Sorry for keeping you! I've been busy irl.

“I won?!” she said to herself in disbelief, “I won! I won!” she couldn’t stop repeating it. It was common sense that the only thing worse than a sore winner was an overconfident winner. The red-head cheered for Zubat before recalling it to its Pokeball. How Zubat had managed such a win was beyond her, she hadn’t even had the small bat for long. The battle was close though – it could have gone either way. She had to commend Vincent for that.

“Um, sorry”, she said rubbing her head shyly, “Having lost my last two battles, I guess that overconfident side of me has been building up...” she shook hands with her worthy adversary, both smiling at each over contently. Meanwhile Stunky was proud of her new trainer, perhaps she could learn to battle some day soon. For the meantime, she’d stay by Charlie’s leg – snuggling her affectionaly whenever the opportunity would arise.

“So, it’s been a while since I’ve been around human contact”, laughed Charlie, “How about we go to one of those fancy restaurants on the harbour?” She bit her lip nervously, what if he didn’t like her?

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Dec 15 2008, 05:17 PM
Post #14

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

That's ok. I've been pretty busy too.

Vincent pulled his hand back. A fancy restaurant? he thought. Like a date? Did she get the wrong idea from my approach? I don't want to be mean, but I don't even know this girl. Another thought occurred to him. A fancy restaurant would hurt my wallet. A lot. And I don't-

"You don't have to if you don't want to..." Charlie said, looking away from Vincent.

"No, it's not that. I was just- and then I was- but-"

"Ok, I guess I'll see you around sometime."

"I'd love to go," Vincent said, regretting his choice of words. Now he was paranoid of what Charlie was thinking of him. "Was there anything you were thinking of in particular? I haven't been here very long."

"Great! I haven't been in Barley that long either, but there was one restaurant that caught my eye," Charlie said. "It's called, um, the something Clamperl."

"The Purple Clamperl?!" Ouch! It hurts my wallet already.

"I'll pay for my meal," Charlie said, having read the expression on Vincent's face.

This post has been edited by Pumpkin King: Dec 15 2008, 05:18 PM

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Emp
post Dec 22 2008, 11:52 AM
Post #15

Elite Four
Group Icon

Active Squad

“No, not a date!” she replied in protest, having read the boy’s face, “It’s just, this is my first time in Barley, and rather than have the crappy canteen-style food over at the Pokémon Center, I figured we could go to the best restaurant in town. I have about 700 poke what my Grandma recently gave me; I don’t see any reason not to use it”. She hesitated as she began reading the boys face again – he did seem quite apprehensive, perhaps he wasn’t interested in gourmet food. The red-head smiled slightly at how hesitant the boy seemed, had he ever been around girls before?!

“That’s it!” grinned Charlie, “I’m making your mind up for you!” She grabbed his arm, in a non suggestive way, and began forcefully tugging him up the sandy beach. Eventually the boy let out a sigh and began willingfully following Charlie. Stunky meanwhile, was running circles around the motley crew, exited that they where visiting such a high-class establishment. The young red-head looked wistfully at the smelly skunk.

“I’m sorry Funk, I’m pretty sure this place doesn’t allow Pokémon. Especially skunks...” the adolescent instantly covered her mouth in embarrassment of how the comment could be taken offensively. It was too late; the poor skunk began tearing, small droplets trickling down her bum-like face. Charlie cradled the Skunk in her arms, caressing her rough fur in pity. However, looking up, she noticed they’d reached the entertainment district.

The sunset had made the sky a dull orange, so the entire harbour appeared pristine and well-lit. The sand below their feet was now replaced with timber floorboards. Above all this, she noticed down this glistening harbour, a cute little Clamperl sign. The neon sign was an illuminate purple, and the clam Pokémon displayed on the sign was animated to open and close – they’d certainly reached the Purple Clamperl.

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Dec 27 2008, 11:20 PM
Post #16

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

Vincent stumbled to the door. A proper gentleman always opens the door for a lady, he thought. This was all so strange to Vincent. He had never gotten to know someone as a friend except Wallace, and now all of a sudden he was having dinner with a girl he met while quietly reading a book on the beach. As he reached for the doorknob, the book in his hands fell. "My book!" He scrambled to pick it up and when he looked at the door, it was being held open by Charlie. "Thank you," he said sheepishly.

"No problem," she replied with a smile. "You might want to do something about your Pokemon." She pointed to a sign by the door. It had the shadow of a Pikachu in a red circle with a line going through it.

"Oh. Um, Squirt, Wally, return," He said, holding out their PokeBalls. Both groaned as their matter was converted into a red energy and sucked inside the open spheres in Vincent's hands. He hooked the PokeBalls onto his belt and stepped through the door. He looked all around him and absorbed the surroundings. "Wow..." The walls, floor and ceiling were all one big aquarium. Below him a school of Goldeen swam by.

"Well that certainly saves electricity," Charlie said, pointing to the Lanturn in the walls. Vincent noticed there were no lamps or lighting of any sort. The only light in the restaurant caame from the numerous Lanturn swimming in the walls, floor and ceiling. "Table for two, please," Charlie told the hostess.

"Do you have a reservation?" The hostess asked in a kind voice.

"Um, no," Vincent said. "Do we need one?"

The hostess checked something on the computer in front of her and said, "It seems you two are lucky. We're normally completely booked, but someone cancelled and no one filled in the empty table. Right this way, please." She led them to a table and said, "Your waiter will be right with you."

Vincent sat down and continued marveling at the walls. Large groups of sedentary Corsola formed large coral formations where Horsea and the like hid in every nook and cranny. A Lanturn conveniently swam up to the ceiling right above Vincent and Charlie, providing them with light.

"Vincent!"

"Huh? What?" Vincent said, snapping out of his trance. He looked at Charlie who motioned towards the waiter.

"What would you like to drink sir?" the waiter asked.

"Oh! Right. Um, I'll take a Sprite, please>"

"We do not serve Sprite, but we have Sierra Mist. Is that alright?" the waiter said.

Vincent blinked twice. In his mind, he was rolling his eyes. They're exactly the same. Who cares? "Yes, that's perfectly fine."

Sorry it forever to respond.

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Jul 22 2009, 12:01 PM
Post #17

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

Vincent and Charlie sat at their table, hardly speaking. Vincent was still looking at the menu. He could not find anything that was not seafood. The waiter impatiently stood at the end of the table with his pen ready. "I think I'll have... no... Is... never mind... Umm... Do you have anything that doesn't come from the ocean?" Vincent inquired. He had never had a taste for seafood and he was not about to start developing one.

"Bread," the waiter responded curtly.

"Oh... Anything else?"

"Excuse me sir," The waiter looked almost pained in the word "sir". "But you are in the Purple Clamperl, a restaurant distinguished for its exclusive seafood dishes. If you cannot find anything appealing, may I recommend McGolduck's?" The snooty waiter said "McGolduck's" in complete disgust.

Vincent checked his two watches on his left wrist to check the time. "Actually, I'm gonna have to head home in a few minutes. I'm very sorry, Charlie. I didn't anticipate this like I should have. I feel terrible to leave you hanging, but I really must leave. My friend Sebastian is expecting me. He's like my landlord so it's best if I stick to this commitment." Vincent gave a very long-winded explanation, feeling the need to give it in full.

"That's alright," Charlie interrupted. "I understand. Hopefully we'll catch each other again. Bye!"

"Um... Bye," Vincent got up from his seat and pulled out a few heart scales from his bag. "Here. These might come in handy one day." He left without another word, marveling at the colorful fish in the walls. He turned and waved to Charle when he reached the doors and exited the building. Once outside, he dashed back home.

Charlie, still in the restaurant, ate her meal by herself and planned her next adventure.

RP Complete!

This post has been edited by Pumpkin King: Jul 22 2009, 12:16 PM

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:35 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.