Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Closed TopicStart new topic
When Crime Pays
Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jan 15 2011, 04:08 AM
Post #41

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 745

PANE

"I'll go," Nate insisted before Justin could respond. Of course, all three of the men felt equally guilty and responsible for the travesty which had befallen the only female in their group. During his semi breakdown, Da Bomb had wandered over to him. Petting him on the head, Nate stood up. "I'll go," he repeated, calling the numel back into his pokeball. "Um, yeah,"

He took a few steps back and just nodded as he turned and began running the distance back to the base of the mountain and Arasam. Justin half hoped Nate would run into the man who stole their money, but decided that it was not only unlikely, but even if it did happen, Nate would be incapable of taking on that man's manectric. Instead of doting on what could have been, he walked around Raven's body and stood next to Tag. He didn't say anything but just looked at her along with him.

Finally, he lifted his right arm and rested it tightly on Tag's left shoulder for a few seconds. That was all he could do.

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 16 2011, 02:49 AM
Post #42

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

A day passed.

Raven had been safely moved from the side of Mt. Carello and taken to hospital with utmost swiftness and care, where she was treated by professionals specializing in Pokemon-Inflicted Wounds and Ailments. She would more than likely have a burn scar on her shoulder, but at least it was somewhat healed, and the collarbone set into place.

Tag had taken his and her pokemon to the Pokemon Centre nearby, and had brought them back without once releasing them from their pokeballs. However, upon their return to her specific room, he summoned Requiem and Aria from their pokeballs, gently ushering the two away from her sleeping form. Requiem protectively snapped at him a few times, but seemed to understand that moving her the wrong way could further injure her. Tag would show the Totodile that even he wasn't touching the sleeping woman, opting to let her lie. His warm baritone hopefully soothed the crocodile pokemon. Since he had no idea how to communicate with Forte, the Larvitar, he simply would pick him up and move him away whenever he got too close.

Tag waited in the room with Raven, only leaving to go obtain something to eat. He would occasionally summon Tobi out into the room, passing his time by brushing the fox pokemon's fur. Sometimes he'd summon Suzu or Bachi to keep company with Raven's pokemon. Sometimes Kyoko, but she seemed to be stinking up even fouler than usual. (He did apologize for calling her smelly in the cave.) He'd note sadly that one of the little fleshy balls on her head seemed burned, the color faded as if it had been rubbed over with charcoal. It made him a little sad to see the permanent reminder of the Houndoom bite there.

Sometimes he'd call out his newest comrade, whom he'd caught as part of a tactic. The shy little Snorunt, Orin, would always shy away at first, but Tag's kind insistence would eventually warm her up to him a little bit.

He'd parted ways with Justin and Nate once Raven got to the hospital, and he hadn't seen them since. He hadn't shrugged off Justin's hand back at Mt. Carello, but he hadn't precisely welcomed it either. It was a bit of a touchy subject, and though he would never admit it, he was secretly glad for the comfort it brought him.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Tymid
post Jan 16 2011, 04:06 AM
Post #43

Nachtales
Group Icon

Member No.: 83 491

The Pack

One of Raven's eyes opened slightly, and then it shut again, and she squeezed both eyes shut tightly. It was too...bright in the room. Attempting to bring up her arm to lay it over her eyes, she found that not only could she not move her arm, attempting to do so hurt quite badly. So, she simply lifted her other arm and laid it over her eyes.

"Ugh..." she groaned. The sound of her voice was enough to introduce her to a whole new world of pain, as Aria leapt upon the bed, attempting to lick her face with that sandpapery tongue. Raven 'oof'ed appropriately, but as the Luxio nuzzled her face and hair, Raven's grumblings quickly turned into soft laughter. "I'm fine, babe...I'm fine." she said weakly, using her good arm to stroke Aria's lush mane, nuzzling her back. The familiar sound of ripping and tearing indicated that Requiem was attempting to get up on the bed as well, in any form he could, whether it be by jumping or climbing. "Easy, killer..." she murmured, attempting to sit up. As she did so, the pain in her shoulder grew, and she found that she was attached to a various assortment of wires. "The hell...?" she said confusedly, but then, she slowly remembered exactly what had happened.

In her mind, it was a blur. Adrenaline tended to do that to memories. But...she knew she was in a hospital. She didn't remember the transport or anything. How did she get there? The cave had been unique, but even Raven knew that the cave hadn't been equipped with a fully-functional hospital.

Raven's heart sank, her eyes still barely open. Tag, Nate, and/or Justin (she still had serious doubts about his loyalty...to anyone) had brought her there, and left. She inhaled deeply, and exhaled in a slow sigh through her nostrils.

She...didn't even get to say good-bye.

The persistent ripping and tearing noises brought her out of her melancholy state, and she turned her head to reprimand the poke'mon. What she saw instead, stopped her before she could speak.

Tag. Tag was sitting there. He and his poke'mon were sitting there. He was there, with her. For a moment, she simply stared at him in disbelief, to the point to where she shut her eyes tightly, and blinkingly looked at him again. "You...stayed with me...?" she asked softly, her now clean face contorted into the most confused...and yet grateful expression she had ever had upon her countenance. The confusion slowly turned into a gentle, welcoming smile, and she laughed. "I knew you were going to stalk me since the day I met you. I'm not that irresistable, you know."

At least her demeanor hadn't changed much. "Look...I'm sorry. I should have made sure the Houndoom was unconscious. I got cocky, and I put one of your friends in danger. I'd never be able to forgive myself if she..." she didn't continue the sentence, looking away from him and down at the curled up Luxio on her chest/stomach region. She reached out a hand to stroke Aria's head, and smiled as Aria lifted said head and showed her a classic Aria smile. "And as for what I did...you would have done the same for me, if it came to it." she whispered, turning her head to look at Tag genuinely, no trace of a smile or smirk on her face, simply a stoic look. However, the look held much more...it showed a certain bond between the unlikely pair.

Raven diverted her gaze again, looking down at the portion of her chest, only realizing now that she was wearing a hospital gown. "Ugh...I hate these things." she grumbled, huffing slightly. "My clothes have got to be around here somewhere...I don't like hospitals." she said aloud, looking about the room eagerly. Sure enough, her clothes were cleaned and neatly folded on a shelf. "Perfect." she quipped, however, upon attempting to rise out of bed, she fell back to it with a thunk, a disgruntled pout on her face.

She looked to Tag once again, and though she didn't want to say it, and that much was obvious, she muttered "You know...I'm awake now. I'm going to be okay. You can...go...if you want to. Y'know. Go do manly Tag-like stuff. You don't have to stay with me." she tried to end it with a chuckle, but all that came out was a sound that resembled someone clearing their throat. And then, with the most genuine look she had given him to this day, she added: "...But I don't...I mean, I really...I...I don't want to be alone right now. I've been alone for a long time." The statement sounded awkward, and it was obvious that Raven had just given a bit of herself to Tag. She didn't show weakness to anyone, and she had just confided in him, though discreetly, a great insecurity.

As hermitish as she was...she was human.

--------------------
[align=center]~><~
Draggies! 8D[/align][align=center][/align][spoiler=Credits!][align=center]Credit for CURRENT signatures: Paparazzi, Samoosian, Darcy Wing, TeeHeeDaruma.
Credit for Sprites: Weavile Luffer, DuesSuetonius, Firewave the Dragonite, Zeta of the Skies, Master PokePilot, Skyking240 GirlcalledBob, Drakonawin, PokeNOM NOM NOM, Proddit, Tysm.
Credit for Avatars: Ruki, Sparkleplex, Greykitty, Weavile Luffer, CuPcAkEbUnNy, Absoleevee, JelloJolteon2000, FangChan13, Agent Arcanine, Niltava, Creature Feature, TehArtMonkey, Schmee, Miharu, Mya, TyeDyeWolf, mewkeemyuu, Miekiki, Flygon 3X, TeeHeeDaruma, Teh Huntress.[/spoiler][/align][spoiler=Sprite Collection! (Rotating Images)][align=center]
[align=center][/spoiler]
The Insanity.

Raven, my OC Trainer

Tymid the Nachtales

[/align]
[/align][spoiler=P.A.N.E and Uprising][align=center]
Credit: PokeNOM NOM NOM and Ruki

Raven Amaranth
Current Levels

Credit: Doctor Octopus

Uprising [/spoiler][align=center]~*~
Sprite Credit: Poke NOM NOM NOM

Raine Vega
Progress Tracking[/align][/align]
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jan 16 2011, 02:44 PM
Post #44

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Justin and Nate stuck around long enough to make sure Raven got to the hospital, but afterwards broke off from Tag and went back to Justin's hotel room. While Justin immediately threw himself on his bed, Nate just had to run his mouth. Seemed now that he had Da Bomb back he was back in his annoyingly cheery state.

"Where's the money?"

"The, uh," Justin began, sighing heavily. He let the money go in order to help the other three, but he was pretty quickly regretting that decision. Not only did he lose it, but the others still pretty much hated him. "I didn't get it."

"You what?"

"The guy, he,"

"You abandoned us!" Nate yelled. "You abandoned me and Da Bomb to get the money. I'll be honest, Justin, I didn't expect much different from you. I knew your priorities were with the money. But at least I also knew you'd get the goddamn money! What do we have now?"

"Our lives," Justin didn't get up from the bed. "You have Da Bomb."

"Stop saying that shit like you care."

"I do!" Justin finally sat up on his bed. "I'm sick and tired of everyone just thinking I'm the biggest asshole ever. You think I don't care about your lives? I came back for you. I let the money go because that Mamoswine was going to-"

"We were fine, asshole," Nate rolled his eyes. "We woulda figured something out. Stop thinking of yourself as a hero."

"I don't," Justin shook his head. "I've never been a hero and I don't try to be one. I just need you to know that I do care."

"You care?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah?"

"Yes."

"Okay," Nate nodded. "Then come with me to the hospital and let's go visit Raven."

"Oh," Justin's eyes darted away. "I don't know, maybe we should wait for-"

"I'm going now," Nate interrupted Justin, opening the door. "So you're obviously welcome to stop by later, but if you're trying to prove you care..."

"I'm coming,"

Raven pouring her heart out awkwardly and probably with the aid of some sedatives was rudely interrupted by a knock at the door, cutting short Tag's response. After about a second, Nate opened the door and walked in with a big smile when he saw Raven was awake in her bed, surrounded by her pokemon. Justin followed Nate, a look of shame on his face.

"Glad to see you're okay!" Nate grinned.

Justin just nodded at her awkwardly and then to Tag.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 16 2011, 11:56 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

A tidal wave of relief washed through Tag as he heard Raven stirring. He didn't move to stop Aria this time as she leapt up onto the bed. He did, however, wear an amused look as he watched Requiem attempt to scale the bedside.

"You...stayed with me...?"

"Sure did."

"I knew you were going to stalk me since the day I met ou. I'm not that irresistible, you know."

Then she attempted to apologize. Tag merely nodded, his stoic face appearing neither chiding or upset. He remained fairly silent as she shuffled about in her bed, his eyes only flashing concern whenever she attempted to move beyond her current radius of range. She continued to talk, and it looked to Tag that she'd been shaken up somewhat, enough to be vulnerable enough to admit a thing or two to him (one thing by saying so, the others by his inferences.)

He took a moment to formulate some sort of response, seeing as he really was at a sort of loss as to what to say. But just as he was about to say "I'm not going anywhere.", a sharp rapping at the door cut him off. This sharp rapping was followed almost immediately by the arrival of Nate and Justin. This once again put Tag back at the loss of what to say. Nate seemed cheery. Justin seemed...awkward.

Acknowledging them both with a silent nod, he looked back to Raven, curious as to how she would respond to their arrival.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Tymid
post Jan 17 2011, 12:35 AM
Post #46

Nachtales
Group Icon

The Pack

Raven's head turned sharply to see Nate and Justin entering the room. She was, honestly, surprised that they were still even around. As Nate stated something about her being alright, she looked down at her arm, then back up at him. "I'm alive, if that's what you mean." she said with a chuckle. She turned to Justin, and lifted her head slightly, looking at him through the bottoms of her eyes. "Glad you could make it to the party." she said casually, no smile on her face, but no frown either. She was still on the fence about him as a person, but it was a definite brownie point that he had showed up at all.

Looking at all three of them, a large smile slowly crept across her face. Here she thought she was alone, and three people were here, concerned about her, in a hospital. It was the most attention she had gotten in a while. Granted, she didn't like the circumstances that people actually cared...but, it was still a notable moment.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the doctor coming into the room. "Ah...you're awake!" he said lowly, a smile on his face. "Now...let's check your progress, hm?"

As he examined her, Raven winced appropriately, but mainly spent the time staring boredly at Aria and the top of Requiem's head. She knew what scars looked like, she had no curiosity to see the newest batch. As he finally pulled away and wrote something down, she looked up at him, and asked "What's the prognosis? Can I get out of here?"

He lifted his brows and looked down at her. "It would be my recommendation that you stay here, but...I kind of get the feeling that that isn't going to happen. I will at least ask you to stay close to a medical facility, in case something goes awry. I'm also prescribing you a week's worth of antibiotics and pain-killers...just in case even you can't handle it. Other than that, you're free to go. My nurse will instruct you on how to change your dressings, which will need to be done twice a day, for 3 days. Sound fair?"

"Sounds awesome." Raven said with a grin, extending her arm to shake the doctor's hand. As he left the room, she looked at the three. "Well, looks like I've done my time!" she said cheerily. However, the question was still on her mind. Where would she go?

--------------------
[align=center]~><~
Draggies! 8D[/align][align=center][/align][spoiler=Credits!][align=center]Credit for CURRENT signatures: Paparazzi, Samoosian, Darcy Wing, TeeHeeDaruma.
Credit for Sprites: Weavile Luffer, DuesSuetonius, Firewave the Dragonite, Zeta of the Skies, Master PokePilot, Skyking240 GirlcalledBob, Drakonawin, PokeNOM NOM NOM, Proddit, Tysm.
Credit for Avatars: Ruki, Sparkleplex, Greykitty, Weavile Luffer, CuPcAkEbUnNy, Absoleevee, JelloJolteon2000, FangChan13, Agent Arcanine, Niltava, Creature Feature, TehArtMonkey, Schmee, Miharu, Mya, TyeDyeWolf, mewkeemyuu, Miekiki, Flygon 3X, TeeHeeDaruma, Teh Huntress.[/spoiler][/align][spoiler=Sprite Collection! (Rotating Images)][align=center]
[align=center][/spoiler]
The Insanity.

Raven, my OC Trainer

Tymid the Nachtales

[/align]

Raven Amaranth
Current Levels

Raine Vega
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jan 17 2011, 04:01 AM
Post #47

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

OOC (click to show)

It was best, since Raven still had to change, for Justin and Nate to go ahead and leave. They agreed silently when Justin tilted his head towards the door and raised his eyebrows as if to ask a question. Nate just nodded. "Well, we'll probably go ahead and leave," Nate said. "It was good to see you again, Tag," He shook Tag's hand, gripping with surprising firmness for a man of his size.

"Raven, it was good to meet you," he continued, now approaching her bed. "I really can't thank you and your pokemon enough for helping me get Da Bomb back. It, uh, it just really means a lot, you know?"

Raven lifted herself up slightly, and looked to Nate with a soft smile. "It's no problem. I find that doing things for people kinda' gives me a bit of an insurance policy if similar things were to happen to my poke'mon. Y'know, you scratch my back, I scratch yours?" she said with a chuckle. "Besides..." she continued, leaning to pet Aria once more "...No poke'mon should ever go through that."

"Yeah," Nate nodded and smiled. "Well, I don't think any human should ever go through what you did. You're really brave, Raven, and I'm sorry it happened like it did. But yeah, I'll definitely scratch your back if you ever need it."

As she felt her face flush, she turned away from him, clearing her throat. No one had ever called her brave before. "Yeah...well...just don't do any scratching right now." she said gruffly, reaching up her spare hand to scratch the back of her head. But if Nate had learned anything from the girl, it was all a mask. Really. Just a big ol' facade.

Nate nodded and smiled, backing up to the door. Now it was Justin's turn. "Um," he said, awkwardly approaching her bed. "I, uh," he couldn't quite figure out exactly what he wanted to say. He knew the gist and decided to go with that. "I'm sorry." He paused and looked over to Tag and Nate. "I'm sorry," he said to them as well. "I'm sorry for lying. I'm sorry for getting you involved in this. I'm sorry for running off to chase down their leader. I didn't, um," he cleared his throat. The whole time he spoke, he just looked awkwardly at his feet. "I realize now that my priorities were off. I guess I'm sorry I didn't realize that sooner. I hope it was soon enough for you, though. You're a cool chick, Raven. I enjoyed talking with you. And I hope we can be friends someday."

Raven listened patiently to Justin, and as he finished, she said "You damn well should be sorry. I mean, have you seen my shoulder? It's nasty." She sounded as though someone had just stepped on her toe without saying sorry, like she was more offended than angry. "I hope you learned something else here. Some things are important. Some things are not. I don't know why you ran off...but the one thing I've learned over the years is that lives can't be bought." she said quietly, not taking her emerald eyes off of him for a minute, no matter where he looked. "We would have died without you today, even though you basically just came in to shoot the breeze when the time called for it. Think of this...think of where we might be now, if you had stayed with us? Like we ultimately wanted and needed?" she queried, her face in a curious expression. "You have a lot of potential, Justin. But no matter how strong you are, or want to be...you'll feel like you have nothing unless you have someone, anyone to stand beside you. Don't ever forget how important that is." Her eyes flickered to Nate, then back to Justin. "...I'll remember you." she concluded, laying back on the bed and closing her eyes. The soliloquy she had just given had brought back a horde of memories...and she was attempting to push them back. However, to everyone else, she simply looked tired.

Justin nodded, finally looking up into her eyes. They were piercing him as she spoke, and he was not in any condition to act tough. When she finished speaking, he just took a deep breath and nodded again. "Thanks, Raven," He backed up and looked to Tag. Rather than shaking his hand or waving, he just nodded. "I'm sure we'll run into each other again. Either way, though, I need you to know that my apology goes for you too. I know I act like a tool sometimes, but I do care about you, Tag. Tell the gang I said hey. Tell Kyoko I said congratulations on her evolution. And congrats on Tobi and Orin. They seem really great too."

"Nate?"

"Ready,"

"See you guys around,"

And with that, the two left. Neither had any idea what was in store for them, given they basically failed their second mission. Whatever was going to happen, they still had to make the trip back to Petropolis to check in. In the very least, and to Justin's great relief, Pan Gibbs was back in Petropolis. After the ridiculousness of the past day, he almost forgot that there was anything good in his life. Even if he got kicked out. Even if they beat him half to death, he'd still have Pan.

Unless they killed him.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 17 2011, 06:34 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Tag listened quietly to the doctor, as he made his doctor-y fuss over Raven. It sounded as if she'd gotten off quite all right, despite the horrific nature of her wound. Perhaps it was just another scar to add to her collection, this one on account of her heroism regarding his pokemon.

She seemed confused as to where to go, however, Nate and Justin seemed to take charge of the room. This was fine with Tag; he didn't particularly want to announce his next few moves. He'd run into Justin and Nate again anyways. He'd figured that out by now. Nate's surprisingly firm handshake was a ressuring note to Tag. Maybe it meant they'd eventually get along, instead of circling around one another distrustfully from now on. That sort of thought, while initially repulsive, actually seemed quite okay with the surly trainer. He wouldn't mind Nate calling him a friend. He'd call Nate an idiot acquaintance in return, but perhaps more affectionately than mean-spiritedly.

Justin's little apologetic monologue seemed sincere. Tag was about to say something when Raven countered with a speech of her own. He nodded to Justin in return, allowing himself a smile as he congratulated him on his pokemon comrades. It was nice of him to notice.

And with that, the two left.

Finally alone, Tag turned to Raven.

"I'm going to bum around Arasam for a few days. Challenge the gym and the like. Why don't you stay with me here for awhile? You're supposed to stay near a medical facility, and there won't be that many on your way back to Petropolis. Extend your vacation a bit." It wasn't a coaxing sort of tone. Rather, it was like most things Tag said: straightforward and cordial. "I'd enjoy your company."

He meant it too. The whole ordeal had somewhat frustrated him a bit, mostly because here he was opening up his heart again to the various people he'd met. He wasn't exactly going to change into a happy, huggy, cheerful sort of person, but it seemed that his eyes had lost a lot of their hardened edge. The air around him had normally felt like a cold, callous one, but here now, it was just a bit warmer. He still didn't want much to do with people as a whole, but one or two friends might make the journey around Furoh a little bit more comforting.

He let his mind wander briefly, wandering how Cameron was doing over at the Loch Ranch, and how Malcolm was doing wherever he was. Hell, his mind even flashed briefly to that hopeless newbie Andrew Harding, whom he'd not seen since Petropolis. Even briefer, his mind pondered the people he was yet to meet, and how he'd end up faring with these new strangers.

"So. It's Arasam. I hear it's a neat place. You hungry?"

After her response, he'd leave the room for her to get dressed, and wait downstairs in the lobby.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Tymid
post Jan 18 2011, 09:50 PM
Post #49

Nachtales
Group Icon

The Pack

Raven lifted her good hand, waving a tiny (even somewhat childishly cute) good-bye to Nate and Justin, and as she did so, Tag's baritone voice filled her lobes. The change in tambre caused Aria to lift her head, look lazily at Tag, and then lower it. As she listened to what he was saying, she could hardly believe her ears when he asked her to come along. The look on her face exuded a look that said "You're kidding, right?" but in all reality, that look meant that she was generally quite excited. She hadn't really intentionally travelled with anyone before, and the fact that she'd be meandering about with Tag...well, was a very exciting thought. After all, she had grown very fond of the intimidating looking fellow.

Apparently he understood the odd look on her face, and acknowledged that she was coming along. Her response, as far as responses go, was a tiny (and slightly girlish) 'Yay...', followed by "Are you kidding me? I could eat a Snorlax right now." followed by an appropriate and obnoxious stomach rumble. Clearing her throat loudly in an attempt to hide the rumble, she watched him rise to his feet. "I'll be down in the lobby shortly. I'll pay for...this..." her eyes darted to her shoulder, and then back up to him "...and we'll be on our way."

As he left the room, Raven fell back against the bed, and her cheeks puffed out as she exhaled a large breath, which she had been unintentionally holding ever since Tag had asked her to come along. Well, not really holding, but on the rare occasion that the girl ever got excited, she seemed to keep her lungs somewhat expanded at all times. It was an odd thing.

She pet Aria on her head lightly, and said "Get up, girl. I've got to get ready." The Luxio yawned in objection, but slowly jumped off of the bed. It took a while for Raven to get up completely and put her clothes on, and the act itself revolved around a bunch of cursing, various hopping, and one very loud thud as Raven careened into the wall as she attempted to put on her clothes with one arm. By the look on Aria and Requiem's faces (Forte' was apparently still in his ball), it was a rather amusing sight. "Hey, I'd like to see you perfect angels try this." she grumbled, and as Requiem sneezed, sounding oddly like a snicker, Raven glared at him. "Jackass." she murmured, and the Totodile simply looked at her incredulously, lifting up it's stubby arms like "What?!"

Finally, all clothed, and that damn hospital robe folded as neatly as one arm could muster, Raven stepped outside, following the signs to the lobby. Her jacket lay over the arm in a sling, that sleeve empty, and the other arm lay through the sleeve, her fingertips shoved in her pockets. Requiem and Aria were nowhere to be seen, but by looking at the 3 poke'balls at her hip, they hadn't been forgotten. She waved at Tag, and then stepped up to the desk, where a woman looking oddly like Nurse Joy, only with blond hair instead of pink, smiled up at her. "May I help you?"

"Yes, I'd like to pay my bill. Name is Raven."

"Last name?"

Raven blinked oddly, and then leaned close to the receptionist, saying her last name at a level that couldn't be heard by anyone but the receptionist. The girl's eyes widened slightly, but as Raven's piercing warning gaze directed itself into the other's pupils, the happy smile returned, only mildly altered by shock.

"Yes...um...let me bring up your file...ah. There it is."

Reaching into her satchel for her checkbook, she was about to ask what the damage was, until she heard the young woman say: "Oh." very softly, as though she was surprised.

"That bad?" Raven queried, laying the checkbook out in front of her, quill pen and ink bottle at the ready. The young woman behind the counter looked curiously at the unique writing utensils, but then up to Raven, shaking her head.

"No...it says you've already been paid for." the woman said meekly, apparently very afraid of Raven's death-gaze again. However, the death-gaze did not occur, as Raven only blinked curiously at the woman. She slowly turned around to look at Tag, who was waiting patiently for her so they could get on the road. He looked innocent enough...but she knew he was broke. Justin and Nate hadn't stayed long enough to pay, nor did she think they could afford a multi-digit medical bill sans insurance. Who could've paid for her?

As though reading the curiosity on Raven's face, the woman stated "It says here...third party payment. No name is given though. Sorry."

Raven slowly replaced the quill in her purse, as well as the well stoppered bottle, and nodded, the confused expression still on her face. "Well...alright, then. Thanks." she mumbled, turning around and walking towards Tag. As she met the man, she smiled at him, her eyes vibrant with new adventure. "Shall we?" she quipped, tilting her head at him with curious intent. She looked into his eyes...which seemed to have changed as of late. Little did she know...hers had too.

There may be many mysteries in the world, but none are as great and as beautiful as the mysteries of the heart.

--------------------
[align=center]~><~
[align=center][/spoiler]
The Insanity.

Raven, my OC Trainer

Tymid the Nachtales

[/align]

Raven Amaranth
Current Levels

Raine Vega
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jan 18 2011, 10:50 PM
Post #50

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Not far from the hospital, the man who stole the money from Justin and Nate was driving alone in his black car. It was about two years old, but still looked brand new. It wasn't anything too outstanding, not a sports car or anything, but it was nice. Perhaps what made it nicer was the particularly large amount of cash resting safely in a briefcase in his trunk, along with the very specific artifact he was sent to get. His boss already parted with the money to buy the artifact. The artifact belonged to said boss. The money though? That was all his.

Well, some of it.

When he got back to the safe house, his four men were already there, waiting for their cut. If you're a little incapable when it comes to math, let me help you out for a second. Five men agreed to steal the money, so they each got a fifth, or 20%. And to continue the math train for a bit, 20% of 100,000 dollars is 20,000 dollars. Each. That was some money right there.

When they split it up, Jake, whose face was just getting worse as time went on, noticed that their leader's pile was just about half as tall as the others'. "Tim, what's up? Where's the rest of the money? Thought there was s'posed to be 100 grand in there."

"Yeah," Tim nodded. "Well, when a kid gets nearly killed to death (redundancy in context) I don't like to go straight home and count how much money I stole from her."

"Wait, so, what?"

"I paid her bills," Tim shrugged, then looked to Luke, whose houndoom did the damage. "You're welcome to pay me back for what Dexter did to her. But I won't make you."

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:20 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.