Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Freedom Seekers, A Maximum Ride RP.
Mukumuku
post Jul 7 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #1

A Pirate Ninja!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12 333

Ice Pokemon are Win

For the past few days, I have been considering creating a roleplay here based loosely off of the Maximum Ride series of light novels by James Patterson.

Knowledge of the books will not be necessary, but greatly appreciated. I will be more lenient towards those who have at least a minimal understanding of the plot within the books. As a result, reading these books will increase the chances of me accepting you into the RP.

The story begins with Max and her flock of mutant bird children running from Erasers, mutant wolf men and women who seek to hunt them down. The flock used to be a top secret science experiment, in which bird DNA was grafted with human DNA while the kids were still at the embryo stage of life. Having escaped from the lab, the group lived hidden together with their rescuer, Jeb, for a time.

However, their savior gone to an unknown place, order is nearly lost. The Erasers strike, getting closer and closer to the flock's cabin home. Eventually they flee, and travel far to stay together and safe.

For the first few books, we see the flock running from the Erasers, and their scientist counterparts. Some of their ranks were gifted with special powers, which come in handy more often than not. Most of the time, the flock has some trouble blending in, as they have wings and hollow bones. Enhanced physical strength is another result of the unnatural creation.

Within this RP, I plan to follow the given storyline to a certain degree. There will be no Jeb, though one could potentially sign up to be an Eraser.

Will you run? Will you hide? What will you do... to be free?

Take note that sign ups are limited to around 6 members of the flock. Erasers may be needed, but I'd say 4 would be the most.

--------------------
i daresay, this empty signature is strikingly attractive.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Mukumuku
post Jul 7 2009, 09:36 PM
Post #2

A Pirate Ninja!
Group Icon

Ice Pokemon are Win

Saved <3

Rules and accepted persons~

The Flock
Males
1. Muku's mystery peron o3o
2. Stae/Runi

Females

See we can't be sexist. Let's keep it even.

This post has been edited by Mukumuku: Jul 7 2009, 10:40 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Runi
post Jul 7 2009, 10:28 PM
Post #3

And take me away, make it okay; I swear I'll behave .
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 900

Just s t a y close

I'll try my best Muku~

Name: Stae
Species: White Stork I love how they phrase this

Personality: Stae is unable to talk because of his underdeveloped vocal chords that resulted from the bird DNA he was grafted with. Because of this, he uses sign language to try and communicate, but most of the times, his eyes do the talking for him. He is very expressive and will go to any length to get people to notice and understand him, even though he tries to less self-selfish a lot of the times. Oftenly, he gets desperate for attention, and does things that he regrets, but he tries his best to make up for it. Also, he gets embaressed easily and you can find him most of the time trying to make up for his actions. Because he can't speak, he strives for attention, but tries to deal with it by helping others. By nature, he enjoys social situations and tries his best to listen and comfort others. However, this results in a slight complex that makes him feel inferior and underappreciated because he can't express his ideas or tell others how he's feeling. However, he can be slightly self centered because he strives for attention. He's naturally creative, but his inability to speak holds this back

Appearance: Ahhmegosh he's cute~. Stae is tall, standing at about 5'11, and he has a normal build for someone of his size. He has amber eyes that do the talking for him, and blond hair that is flat and spiked. His front bangs are seperated from the back by a large black headband that has a red design on it. The rest of his hair ends at around his neck, but can be seen flying out sometimes. He takes to wearing red, white and black, and often his outfits revolve around them.

History: No book knowledge, sorry. I don't want to screw up the plotline, so...i can't write one ;-;. A little bit about him can be found on the personality though.

Hopefully, that was alright. Tell me if i need any tweaking xD

EDIT: I'M COMING BACK TO EDIT THIS

This post has been edited by Runi: Jul 7 2009, 11:01 PM

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

Thank you to Shirogane for my personal photo ! See here to see more of her work!
Thanks also to Doctor Octopus for the punny bar >w<

+Quote Post

Mukumuku
post Jul 7 2009, 10:38 PM
Post #4

A Pirate Ninja!
Group Icon

Ice Pokemon are Win

Nice, Runi X3

Does he use sign language? Maybe expand the personality a bit explaining how he deals with his disability? :0

also, do you intend to read the books? If not, Wikipedia knows all o3o

--------------------

+Quote Post

Runi
post Jul 7 2009, 10:54 PM
Post #5

And take me away, make it okay; I swear I'll behave .
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 900

Just s t a y close

I'm really stalking this thread, aren't i? horrified.gif
I guess he will. I'll add that in naoo.
Um, i dunno about reading them. I might end up doing that but i'm really lazy xDDD

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

Thank you to Shirogane for my personal photo ! See here to see more of her work!
Thanks also to Doctor Octopus for the punny bar >w<

+Quote Post

Lucy C
post Jul 8 2009, 10:14 AM
Post #6

Castiel = yummy
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 237

-<3-

I believe i said i would be male. I want to be male muku! and i shall give you the sign up later tonight hopefully

--

Name: Nathaniel
Species: Amethyst starling Here
Personalitysad.gif6?) A Vivacious and loud boy, he greatly enjoys being the centre of attention in all situations. He can be quite cruel in this and will start rumours and fights just to say it was all the other person. Nat is also quite the flirt and can often be found surrounded by his numerous followers and lovers, sometimes people like to think there is more to him than a proud pompous popular boy but really he does, and never grows tired of it. He always carries around a mirror to make sure he looks perfect for the moment, along with the mirror he can also be occasionally seen with make up which he denies though to other it’s rather obvious to everyone else. Nathaniel can be very mean and cruel when somebody proves him wrong and will go off in a huff and temper when it happens
AppearanceHerestands at a resemble 5’10. He rather likes his height but sometimes wishes he could be taller. He has his hair cut quite fashionable cut shorter at the back than at the front and the front styled choppily. It’s colour is a dark auburn with slight brown roots, it’s unclear what his natural colour is. Nathaniel likes to appear very upper class at all times and is almost always seen in a dark blue suite with a purple shirt and a black. The shoes are those abnormally pointy ones in black. His wings are more often seen closed than open, and he often cleans them.
History: lol no

I know hardly anything about the books

This post has been edited by Connie: Jul 8 2009, 02:29 PM

--------------------

~is not really back...but kind of is...~
+Quote Post

Mukumuku
post Jul 8 2009, 02:44 PM
Post #7

A Pirate Ninja!
Group Icon

Ice Pokemon are Win

Name: Synth
Species: Formosan Blue Magpie
Personality: Free spirited and bold, Synth does whatever he wants to, whenever he wants to. There are none that can oppose him when he is truly determined and dedicated, partially because he’s a stubborn mule. Nonetheless, when he is not as serious, Synth can certainly be swayed. He is very hyper and has a loose tongue. Synth has a hard time watching what he says, and can easily hurt another’s feelings without intending to do so. Overall, Synth is a heavy optimist. He is perpetually happy, but when he does get upset, Synth enters a funk of sorts. He will become somewhat depressed, and there are few things that can cheer him up. The best way to solve this problem is by feeding him his favorite sweet, which changes periodically. Clear headed and hard to anger, Synth is difficult to provoke. When he does get mad, though, he is a terror. So most just try not to make him upset, which is easy enough, really.
Appearance: Synth is about 5’8” in height, and is very light. His hair is a dark, reddish brown, and nearly black from certain angles. Synth has pale white skin that never seems to tan or burn. It is a healthy white, though, rather than a sick greenish pale. Synth has hazel gold eyes that are more than a bit eerie when stared at for too long. Large, light blue wings sprout from Synth’s back, a wingspan of around 16 feet when full spread. They are uniform in color on the top, while the longer feathers on the bottom are white. He likes wearing dark navy blue shirts, as well as various black clothing.
History: Synth’s parents were deeply in debt to a certain small agency when he was conceived. They needed a way to make money fast, and then disappear. And then they found the scientists. Now, Synth was more of an accident than a true, heart felt attempt at procreation. Therefore, little to no remorse was felt when he was sold and taken away. Knowing too much, his parents were disposed of. Whether they were killed or simply brainwashed is impossible to know. However, Synth does feel a burning hatred towards the ones who gave him life and decided that life was not good enough to keep. He does not seek out his parents, preferring to avoid thinking about such unpleasant things.

At the School, Synth did reasonably well. Skilled at survival and a decent actor, he managed to live somewhat luxuriously by sucking up to those who held power. This did not save him the pain of the experiments, though. After the group was rescued, he tasted true freedom for the first time. And Synth liked freedom.
Have you read the books? Uh, I’m pretty sure I’ve read all of them XD

Fail X3

--------------------

+Quote Post

Leliphea
post Jul 22 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 495

Favorite pokemon!

OMG I have read all the books and the first manga and some of the blog, so I am an all out genius with the story line... Anyway, so I'd like to be something other than an avian-human or eraser

Name: Rika
Species: Dragon (human, lion, bat and Komodo dragon)
History: Confident by their success with the bird kids, the "white coats" wanted to try something new. Creating a dragon. Taking the genes of a Komodo Dragon, they used bird genes for light bones, bat for the wings, lion for some of the anatomy, and human intelligence. They also, from scratch, tried to create a creature that could communicate with others telepathically. It took them over 20 tries, but they finally resulted in Rika. Still, they are unsure about how long she will live.
Rika escaped from the "school" when she was 10, and lives deep in a cave close by with some nocternal animal friends.

After living on her own for a while, strange mutations started happening with her body, and one day she found that she could shape-shift (like erasers) into human. It wasn't entirely human, but was good enough for her to blend in with society.
Personality: Shy, but brave when necessary. She loves everyone who is her friends, and has a feirce determination to keep them safe. She's good at thinking fast on her feet, and can usually get out of tight situations, but gets distracted sometimes annd lost in her own thoughts.
Appearance (dragon): Very much like the dragons of mythology. Her skeletal structure is much like a lion, but her skin is very scaly except for around the neck and underside, which is covered in tan fur. Her front paws are a cross between cat paws and human hands, so she can manipulate objects. Her back paws are more catlike. Um... Her head is a lot like a lions, except scaly and has pointy cat ears. She has a long flexible tail with tan fur at the end. Her wings are large and bat-like, and she holds them along her back and they extend past her head and tail. She's about three feet long including tail but excluding wings (but she's still growing). Her wings are at least 8 feet long. She has green, very human like eyes.
Appearance (human): She appears to be a 11 year old girl with very long brown/blonde hair and green eyes. If you look closely, her skin is kind of scaly. At first it was also green, but as the strange mutations continued it became normal human color. She still has bat wings, but hides them under her clothes. She also has a tail, that she also hides (kind of curled up in one pant leg). Fortunately, she has normal human eyes (you might think she had lion ears or something... But she doesn't).
Rika can also became lion-like, komodo dragon-like, and bat-like, but she doesn't know this because she's never tried.

Edit: Rika might be hard to pull off, but I think I figured something out!! And, you know, as much as I like MaxRide, for a roleplay, I'd like to keep it more original, that's why I'm doing this!! MaxRide has already been written, why rewrite it just with different names??

This post has been edited by Leliphea: Jul 24 2009, 08:42 AM

--------------------
check out my DeviantArt!! http://mayanightstar.deviantart.com/

artPad drawings (click to show)

groups (click to show)

+Quote Post

Mukumuku
post Jul 22 2009, 07:33 PM
Post #9

A Pirate Ninja!
Group Icon

Ice Pokemon are Win

Oooh, looks interesting. I think that's okay, but you'll have to expand way more on the history because well/ there's nothing in the books about dragons. thus, I need a ton mroe detail about the whole thing before I consider.

The personality could be a ton longer. Work on it, please.

The appearance is really weird. Maybe you should make her a bit moer humanlike.... For the sake of convenience and blah.

But really, the bigger question is.... WHAT THE SNOOD IS STRETCHING THE SCREEN?! Like seriously guys, fix your siggies before I spontaneously combust. D<

--------------------

+Quote Post

emberwing
post Jul 22 2009, 08:01 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 910

Active Squad

Name: Stevie Rae
Species: Cardinal
History: Stevie Rae was 9 years old when she ran away from her home and abusing, alcaholic parents. She struck out on her own but ended up in the hands of the white coats. She was then retrofitted with Cardinal DNA. She was the first to be grafted with this DNA and so her wings are small and she isnt as fast as she could be in the air, but she has learned that she can use this disadvantage to be more nimble and squeeze through smaller spaces. She only recently escaped the white coats around 6 months ago.
Personality: Stevie Rae is very independant and stubborn. She hates not being treated as an individual and being underestimated. Even though she is young, she is determined to prove that she is not at all helpless or disadvantaged. She likes good gossip but can definetely keep a secret. She has no desire at all to go back to her family. She is very determined and is not swayed easily from her goals. Stevie Rae is a big believer of ghosts and spirits and such.
Appearence: Stevie Rae has olive skin and large eyes that are a deep brown. She is African in decent and is quiete proud of it. She has thick wavy hair that falls in waves half way down her back. She is tall for her age and has an athletic build. You might even say shes kida pretty. Not that she notices or cares.

smile.gif so, i hope you like it. i LOVE maximum ride novels!!!

--------------------

Shiny Snorunt in under 20 tries!

Official Stalker for Blue Moons- A place for shiny legendaries/novelties
+Quote Post

Leliphea
post Jul 23 2009, 08:52 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 495

Favorite pokemon!

QUOTE(Mukumuku @ Jul 22 2009, 07:33 PM) *
Oooh, looks interesting. I think that's okay, but you'll have to expand way more on the history because well/ there's nothing in the books about dragons. thus, I need a ton mroe detail about the whole thing before I consider.

The personality could be a ton longer. Work on it, please.

The appearance is really weird. Maybe you should make her a bit moer humanlike.... For the sake of convenience and blah.

But really, the bigger question is.... WHAT THE SNOOD IS STRETCHING THE SCREEN?! Like seriously guys, fix your siggies before I spontaneously combust. D<

Well, Total wasn't human, was he? But I'll try to work a little more later. And maybe provide a picture or something. But omigosh I love Maximum Ride so I really want to get this RP going!!!

Edit: I tweaked wiht a bunch of stuff and I think I might be able to pull something off! Check it out again.

This post has been edited by Leliphea: Jul 24 2009, 08:42 AM

--------------------
check out my DeviantArt!! http://mayanightstar.deviantart.com/

artPad drawings (click to show)

groups (click to show)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:11 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.