Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
It Began in Barley!
Toogee
post Apr 19 2015, 09:37 AM
Post #1

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

BWWWRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

The crisp blue sky over Port Barley was met with the horn from the first cruise liner to dock that day. It was fairly early morning, around 8 am. Stores near the docks were just starting to open up. Anyone else nearby was stirring awake from the loud blaring of the ship; it was one of the “perks” of living near the docks. Tourists were beginning to trickle into the Barley Boardwalk, looking for hotels and souvenirs. For any novice trainers, it was the first day of a grand journey that would stay with them for the rest of their lives. To the natives, it was Tuesday.

It was the perfect time to be on the beach. The pre-summer sun was not pounding the sand with blistering heat, making it ideal for joggers to get a run in before starting their day. Several did , running the length of the popular beach before the sunbathers started converging. A little girl was combing the tide for shells. She was far too young to start a pokemon journey, but she was hoping to find her first pokemon among the sands. Maybe a shelder or a horsea or a…

“Mommy mommy look! A pikathing!”

“Josephine Elizabeth Partridge! What have I told you about touching strange pokemon. This one is clearly sick. Who knows what virus it’s carrying.”

“But Mommy, a pikathing!”

The mother took her daughter’s hand and led her away from the sickly creature. That “pikathing” was a pachirisu, soaked to the bone and covered in sand. She was exhausted, as if beaten by the tide. The electric pokemon was on her back and facing the sky in sorrow, wondering what she could have done to avoid such catastrophe.

“…Pa…”

Many journeys were beginning, but one had ended…
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Thank you for waiting. We restored all of your pokemon to full health. We hope to see you again!”

Jaylyn had hand off a pair of pokeballs back to their trainer. The boy eagerly ran out the door without a thought, like so many before him. For the nurse, he would be her last client in this pokemon center. She was preparing to head out on her cross country journey to heal far off trainers. Though excited for this prospect, she was going to miss the center. She had worked here for most of her life as a Nurse Joy in training. She was even offered the position of Nurse Joy of the Barley Pokemon Center. Yet she turned it down in order to help those that could not make it to these places of refuge. She would not be confined to these walls when there were others who suffered in the wilderness.

The current Nurse Joy of Barley was an elderly woman; her pink curls turned grey long ago. She stood beside Jaylyn as they both watched the boy run off.

“You would run things well here,” the elder told her former apprentice. “I hope your venture works out well.”

“It will, Matriarch,” Jaylyn replied. “I’m going to clean up before heading to the marts.”

“Oh, go. I got things here.”

“Why Nurse Joy!” Jaylyn replied in mock shock. “Have you forgotten the first rule of keeping a center: No Nurse Joy leaves a center without tidying up, or it will not be a place of Joy. That was on my first day.”

“Oh, I remember. I remember you trying to sneak out to avoid doing it too,” the elder Joy chuckled. “Remember when you snuck out the second story window? Heh, I was waiting for you on the bottom.”

“It was certainly not a place of Joy that day,” Jaylyn joined the elder in laughter. She hoped to have more wonderful stories ahead of her.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

jake23482
post Apr 19 2015, 07:50 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 230 544

PANE RP - Masaru

Masaru Hatsuhara, the resident Barley Poke'chef was hard at work at his parent's food stand that they set up on the Beach during sunny days to increase sales and turn a larger profit during days that had lots of beach goers along, out and about. The raven haired boy chopped berries and whipped cream together in a bowl before making oran-cherri berry parfaits which he handed to a couple who had stopped by his stand. Boomer, his Buizel, was loafing about on the roof of the red pavilion with the Hatsuhara family logo on top. There wasn't much to the day as it would seem as his customers came in small spurts and mainly, not to order, but to get cooking advice or advice on berries to use to help their particular poke'mon. Masaru was pretty knowledgeable when it came to Poke'natures and which dispositions liked which foods the best, so most customers who came for advice and maybe a treat for their pals left with smiles, and so did their Pokemon.

The afternoon came along around about the time that Jaylyn would be seeing to her last customer at the Poke'mon Center, Masa's father had shown up with his Scyther to take over the pavilion. "Thanks, son. Hard work, and a busy day, but today is your special day so you had to work a little since you wont be for a while. Consider it a granted vacation..unpaid of course! Ahahahaha!" His father laughed comically as he slapped the sweat-dropping Poke'chef on the back. The father's tone turned serious as he looked to Masaru. "But no seriously, unpaid. Not even an allowance. You've saved up from working for your mother and I part time long enough, you will find your own way in this world, and you're not a bad trainer so winning battles should be a snap for you if you're ever in a cash bind!" He said with a smile. "Thanks, Dad. I've got this! Slacker can throw his weight around and flatten most Poke'mon these novices have around with them if a battle comes up...and then there's Boomer, the reliable Sous-Chef of my Battle Strategy...aint that right, Boomer?" Masaru called up to his Buizel which jumped off the pavilion and saluted Hatsuhara-dono with a wide grin for what a pokemon of his species was capable of before settling around Masaru's shoulders. It was the start of a grand adventure in cooking and in battle.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post May 1 2015, 07:31 AM
Post #3

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

“Arnie, Belle. Let’s get going.”

Jaylyn was looking at the lobby to find the two pokemon engaged in some test of strength. On one side, the skiddo was pushing around a couch with her head, or at least trying. The audino on the other side was pushing in the opposite direction in a desperate attempt to keep things organized. Jaylyn sighed. The skiddo was once a trainer’s pokemon, not one meant to stay indoors for long periods of time. Belle had energy to burn; she needed the exercise to cool off. This was typical behavior for the goat pokemon, but it seemed to have gotten worse over the past few days. The nurse hoped that the road trip would be just the treatment she needed. For now, they had to leave the pokemon center in one piece.

“Belle, return,” Jaylyn recalled the skiddo. With the opposing force suddenly alleviated, Arnie quickly found himself the only pokemon pushing against the couch. This caused him to fall face first into the floor as the couch slid to the other side of the room. The nurse couldn’t help but laugh as she walked over to help place the couch back where it was. Still, the audino had an eye for detail and would not leave until the couch was exactly where it was supposed to be. He wasn’t happy until each leg of the furniture matched the corresponding indention in the carpet. Unlike the skiddo, Arnie was very much suited for the great indoors. Jaylyn hoped he would fare well in the adventure ahead.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaylyn and Arnie left the pokemon center for the bustling Barley Boardwalk. I was starting to get a tad bit busier, even at this early hour. Neither of them was sure which store to visit first, so they settled with getting a drink first. They took a set of wooden stairs of the boardwalk and found themselves on the beach. Specifically, they were coming up upon the Hatsuhara food stand.

The nurse knew the family fairly well; they came by the pokemon center for check-ups. She knew them well enough to know that their son, Masaru, was about to embark on a pokemon journey, the traditional coming-of-age ritual of Furoh and the world over. Jaylyn wanted to make sure he had everything in order. Otherwise, they would be going shopping together.

Honestly, Arnie was just there for a smoothie.

“Helloooo,” Jaylyn said with a smile as she approached Masaru and his father. “I hear someone is off on a journey fairly soon. You have everything you need, Masaru? Pokeballs? Food? Clean clothes? You don’t want to be out in the wilderness without enough clean underwear.”

Meanwhile, Arnie stared longingly at the menu. Would he stick with a smoothie or try a parfait? Did they have popsicles? Please have popsicles, Arnie thought to himself.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:47 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.