Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Month of August (2021)
Zerxer
post Jul 31 2021, 05:00 PM
Post #1

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Hello all! I know I'm not who you normally expect to post this thread... Darth Krytie is unfortunately in the hospital, being monitored after suffering a brain aneurysm. As of now, she's doing well, but please keep her in your thoughts. She deserves all the loving good vibes!

Congrats to everyone who participated in July's SWSH and got a shiny or five. Congrats to Malachite for their continued win streak. Azurite almost had it this month! We've got a great prize voucher for you this month with 3 options, all 3 lines sprited by PokeNOM.

Also thanks to PokeNOM, we have some improved shiny sprites+icons for the fire, ice, and water Castform. (Note that I only replaced the "Default" sprite.)

Trinkets: The July trinkets have gone back in to the GPXPlus Vault until next year.

This month's explorations:

Needing a Friend: Jirachi

Guardians: Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie

The Antlers of Life: Xerneas

The Wings of Destruction: Yveltal

Gaming news: sorry, I don't know of any. Anyone got anything? All my free time goes to Genshin Impact.

Staff Admin Birthdays:

August 1st: Happy Birthday to Jeff aka Big Bidoof! bidoof.gif

August 13th: Darth Krytie ❤️

August 18th: Nick (me!) zangoose.gif

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Professor Eucaly...
post Jul 31 2021, 10:57 PM
Post #2

Not really Australian, but Koalas still bite me.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 56 534

GODSQUAD

Aaah got a Lileep at the last second so I can't be mad! Congrats Malachite! Excellent new mons, I love snek and elephant so thanks NOM!

Also happy about the Castform sprites too, that was a minor gripe of mine for the longest time.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Eryth Violet
post Jul 31 2021, 10:59 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 16 400

Shiny

Sorry to hear about Krytie, but glad she's doing well... I can only image that was scary to experience.

I enjoyed this month's shiny hunt! I had a long Nickit hunt, but got it well within the month, and got to make a lot of progress on other hunts too!

Did y'all know this month's SWSH was a community-organized effort to get specific pokemon? Our good friend Rookie has been championing unofficial themes for them. You might have seen their stories in the July thread, with posters made by Gajeel! If you enjoyed this month's hunt maybe consider helping Rookie decide what theme to organize next in this thread: https://forums.gpx.plus/index.php?showtopic=78917

--------------------

hi kingis
+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Jul 31 2021, 11:07 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 440

Active Squad

LOL. I have gotten logged out of the main site twice while trying to post this message. But this time I am just happy for the familiar comfort of an old web gremlin.

Congrats to all who finished the SWSH...

...now to see if there is something new to hatch!

Regards,
-TM

--------------------
+Quote Post

RicFule
post Jul 31 2021, 11:07 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

I, unfortunately, failed to find my shiny. Hatched 444 eggs, and have six in my Party. {Watch one of these be the shiny.}

--------------------
+Quote Post

Iriswings
post Jul 31 2021, 11:55 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 256 357

Active Squad

Well wishes to Krytie for a swift, safe recovery! And happy birthday to Jeff!

C'mon Wulfenite, gotta step it up! ... I say as much to myself as to the rest of us lol. Oh well, there's always next time. Congrats to Malachite! Now back to the Grookey grind for me.

This post has been edited by Iriswings: Jul 31 2021, 11:58 PM

--------------------
Have you hugged an Audino today?
+Quote Post

Moonlit
post Aug 1 2021, 01:25 AM
Post #7

Go-with-the-flow Private
Group Icon

Member No.: 84 198

Private Army

Ah yes, the birthday month here at GPX!

Best wishes to Krytie, that's a pretty serious thing to go through. Hope all goes well in recovery and getting back into everything!

Also, glad to see the new Castform shinies here! I love to see the site getting updated with some of the newest additions to the franchise, too, even after so long!

Off to finish DOTW... then maybe get myself another Jirachi if I can find a bit more motivation to be on GPX this month

--------------------

Pal Pad for daily clicks, or otherwise. (132/135)
Follow me on Twitter? @Anthimonymous

Art (click to show)

I Love You Kelsey <3 (click to show)

GPX Groups (click to show)

Rookie (click to show)

~ VDex ~
+Quote Post

Vulpix D
post Aug 1 2021, 08:44 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 13 782

Random PKMN's

Got 2 Shiny pokemon this SWSH. Extra lucky somehow, in total it took 48 eggs.

For gaming news, Pokemon Snap gets new courses on Tuesday/Wednesday proudbow.gif

This post has been edited by Vulpix D: Aug 1 2021, 08:45 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

BlueSteel
post Aug 1 2021, 09:42 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 405

Active Squad

All good wishes to Darth Krytie for a speedy recovery
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Aug 1 2021, 12:49 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

I'm so sorry to hear about Darth Krytie. May she be on the mend and back home soon. Take care of yourself and know you have a league out here rooting/pulling/praying for you.

Congrats, fellow Malachites! I can't hardly believe the win that we pulled out. I truly thought there was going to be a passing of the crown ceremony today. lol.gif Near the end it could have been anybody's game... those numbers were very, very close. A good fight by all and kudos to those with a shiny or two. And, hopefully, RicFule, your shiny was hatched by now or is right around the corner. Good luck!

Happy Birthday also, Big Bidoof! Whatever you are up to may it be making you smile and happy all day (and year) long!

And thank you, PokeNOM for the new sprites. I'll have to work on getting some Castform to take a peek. Has there ever been a SWSH for Castform? If not... maybe next time 'round? wink.gif

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Rookie Roo
post Aug 9 2021, 08:39 PM
Post #11

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 196 476

Active Squad

Lovecraft Lovers, pt. 3

"And... My favorite journalist is finally back!" your boss says while casually walking to the small yet brand new office that you can call yours now... Honestly, even if you already have a couple of days in it you are still not entirely used to it, but you are slowly getting there. "I must say, I'm feeling a little sad that you never went back to check up on me and tell me how it went..." they say, trailing off while looking at you with a concerned frown and sad eyes.

"It's not that I didn't want to call you back, rather its just been... Hectic. And a little weird to be honest? I'm still not used to this promotion, that's all" you say, inflicting as much honesty in your statement so that they can see that you are truly sorry.
They just smile at you, a warming gaze in their eyes and exuding strong "proud" vibes. "It doesn't matter. You are here now. And, I'm really happy for you. I knew you could do it, y'know?"
You can't help it, you smile back.

"So then? How did it go? You gotta tell me everything! Even those things that you had to leave off-record!"
You smirk, and prompt them to take a seat in front of you. After all, it's gonna be a little long...

°~°

The meteorite's crashing site turned out to be a farm. The Gardner's, a family of five, tried to host you like they did with some other journalists, but you declined in favor to stay with a friend of said family, a guy named Ammi Pierce.

Interviewing the scientists revealed that even the small sample they took disappeared alongside the big meteorite, so there appeared to not be anything worthy to report. But even with that, you decided to stay for more weeks and search somewhere else.
It was from Pierce that you learned that the Gardner's weren't going to sell their harvest that time around, something about it being bountiful but not good enough for the public. Said comment encouraged you to search at the edge of their farm... And that's when you found something worthy to report.

The flora of the place seemed to be duller in there than anywhere else, and you were quick to link that with the meteorite. Perhaps it left some residue that made the plants change in their color? Either way, that hypothesis alone should be enough to deserve a small bonus! And, if written correctly, you might even tickle the scientific community!

You checked the progress of the loss of color until you decided you had enough to make a good report and parted ways with Pierce, who was on his own way to check on the Gardner's, since "they've been awfully quiet for some time, especially now that the journalists that were with them left..."

However, on your way to the road where you would get picked up, you took a small detour and once again visited the forest near the Gardner's.
And then you saw it.
A small... Animal? Plant? lying perfectly still on top of a rock, it's soft green body camouflaged by the nearby bushes and only visible due to the yellow lines and circles on its body. When you got close to it, 8 yellow tentacles appeared from its cup-shaped top, and two yellow eyes stared at you from the darkness were the tentacles came from.
You knew at that moment that you weren't going to report THAT.

After a few minutes of staring, the... Thing reached out to you with its tentacles, and let itself be grabbed and stored in your backpack. There was NO WAY you would just let a creature like it out there in the forest, not to mention you had the small suspicion that it wasn't a land creature at all and was just waiting to be transported to somewhere else... Perhaps that was why it let you grab it?

Either way, you knew you had to get back home as fast as possible and do your own personal research about this little creature... Perhaps contact that one coworker that decided to stay at the Gardner's to check if they found something else.
Actually, they stopped replying few weeks back from that point and never reached you again... Maybe they decided to take a small vacation after this assignment? Whatever the case, you now were carrying a new companion on your back, and promised to yourself to keep it a secret.

///

The town of Innsmouth certainly was... Well, something.

Before you arrived properly, you already knew that it was a fishing town... And okay, yeah, you could have known that from the smell alone...
Being a mostly deserted town, you quickly entered a store, where a clerk was already talking to a young man named Robert Olmstead, if the conversation you accidentally overheard was to be believed.

Once your business in the store was done, you decided to walk around the town to find a hotel where you could stay.
It didn't take long until you reached the Gilman House, a musty hotel with owners that were... A little odd. Maybe that's what happen when you base your diet on fish only?
... Uhh, yeah. Maybe you'll leave that small thought out of the record.

Deciding to keep searching for any local to speak with, you managed to spot Robert talking with another man. You've already overheard one of his conversations so surely it wasn't a big of a deal if you heard a tiny bit more of another one?
Though, in hindsight, maybe you shouldn't have.

The man spoke about the somber story of the town, and the heritage of the people in it. All of it linked directly to a cult, something about a.. "Dagon"? Yeah, that was the name.
Either way... Cults? Yeah, that was definitely something you can write about... But maybe it would be best to write about it somewhere else instead of in the town that said cult lived in?
You tried to leave town, but it turned out that the last bus had already left. You thought about staying at the musty hotel, but ultimately decided to leave, even if it was by walking.

Honestly, you just didn't want to stay any longer in there.

Night soon fell, and with it... With it came a feeling of being followed.
You decided to act quickly, hiding over some bushes while you waited for whatever it was to go away.
Unfortunately, your stalker wasn't deterred in the slightest.
Small taps in front of your hiding spot, and a dragging sound followed you, slowly getting closer and closer to you until...
Was that a small whine?
You carefully left your hiding spot, and right in front of you was a small blue and grey fox, hard to see due to its colors blending with the darkness of the night.
You tried to shoo it away, but it just wouldn't leave. Maybe it was lost?
When searching for some food to give it, you found that you no longer had most of it (come to think of it, you didn't ate any of it at all... Maybe it fell out of your backpack?) and you realized that no matter where you walked to, the small fox kept tracing your steps.

Yeah, you were going to keep this buddy a secret alright. After all, isn't it illegal to adopt foxes, no matter if they are lost and keep following you?
Hopefully the bonus you get for the story is enough to buy more food for your new companion.

///

Your quest in the search of the survivors of the derelict ship took you straight to Australia, a place where you didn't expect to ever meet but were excited to know more about. Seriously, exotic animals? Plants? Sightseeing? Heck yeah!
So it wasn't that rare that the first thing you did when arriving at New South Wales was to check the Australian Museum. There were tons of exhibitions of other cultures, alongside of animals... And not animals? There was a strange statue there that seemed out of place, what with it being a creature with a cuttlefish head, draconic body with scaly wings atop of a hieroglyphed pedestal... Yeah, all in all both weird and interesting things.

The small vacation was short-lived though, as you soon overheard from some people that the Norwegian sailor spoke of an island out in the sea that housed a secret in it.

So off to the sea you went.

A bunch of people, including yourself, set sail to this mysterious island, everyone excited trying to imagine what could possibly be in there that made the sailor speak so much about it. However, as the weeks went on most of the excitement lessened. Little by little, the buzz of the first days was replaced by the deep and silent drag of boredom. The others decided to start making pranks on each other, goofing around at day and scaring each other with horror stories at night.

Then one day, one of them took it even further and decided to not get up at all, faking being in a comatose state in order to get a rise of people. Not satisfied with that, they also decided to start acting as if they were hallucinating, and began talking about Cyclopean cities and monoliths and more. You quickly brushed them off and went back to keeping an eye out on the horizons, hoping to see an island or something.

But it didn't stop there.

Some other people might have found it especially funny, because they started doing the same: becoming bedridden and mumbling about a certain deity or something called a "Cthulhu".

Whatever. You were honestly more interested in the ocean... and what it housed.
It hadn't been that long since you've noticed its presence. In fact, it had been following the boat since people began with that awful joke. You could only see it due to the yellow rings adorning its body, albeit barely since its blue body blended naturally into the ocean. The little animal even had a TEMPER, and would constantly try to get up on the boat while hiding itself from others and would constantly try to punch you several times with its tentacles, growing bolder and bolder as the days went on.

It was only natural that you used one of those empty containers left around to give it a place to stay... Which it never left.

The next day, the captain of the ship announced they had to go back to town, and as you made your way back, people grew tired of playing jokes on each other and would go back to normal... And yeah, you were DEFINITELY going to poke fun at them and report something along the lines of "mass-hysteria due to dehydration" or something. After all you needed that bonus for that little octopus that refused to leave the makeshift tank.

However there's just one thing that you are still wondering... Could the order to come back around be related to whatever they had found on that ship that was drifting aimlessly in the dead of night?

°~°

"- and that was pretty much it!" you proudly say.
"Huh... So... No real weird things at all, then?" he says, a slight urgent tone to his words.
"What, did you expect something different?" you tease. They don't reply back. "Wait, seriously?! I didn't take you for the superstitious type."
"And I'm not! I swear! It's just..." they suddenly turn silent again, their eyes darting to the only door to your office and back at you, then to the corners of your office. It almost looks as if they are searching for something, but what could that be you have no idea "Listen. I was just worried sick, okay? Some weird stuff happened, including some weird reports that I've yet to decide if they were just pranks... Just weird stuff, okay?"

Truth be told, there were times that you felt something odd at the back of your head, a thought nagging at you and making your instincts all haywire. Everytime it happened, though, you decided to go with your gut. But... Would something have happened if you hadn't done that? Would you been in a different place now?
Come to think of it, a lot of people ended up leaving the company, right? The higher ups said they were moved to another office that is supposed to open soon, and you even got interviewed to see if you wanted to go there or stay. In the end you decided to stay, especially because of your boss and how you also considered them family, but also because you were offered a raise.
So you took that without thinking about it and that was that. But now that your boss is poking at it, you are slowly trying to connect the dots, trying to see if there are things they are just not telling you and going to some extremes to cover it up... Trying to see if the small companion you brought back, the one you decided to leave out of your reports, could be tied to-

"Hey, hey! Calm down." your boss said, shaking you out of your own thoughts "I was just trying to pull your leg, I didn't know it would have such a strong effect" they continue, huge teasing smirk in their face.
And just like that the tension in the room evaporated in just a second.
"You are always doing stuff like this! One day I will believe you, you know?" you say, a little annoyed at their actions but also trying to contain the small laugh to yourself.

"I know, I know. I thought you were already used to my antics by now." they stand up at the same time you do, and promptly pulls you in for a hug "I'm just really glad you are back, you know?"
"What, you expected me to take that offer to go somewhere else?"

They chuckle and let you go. It's not until you are seated once more and they are at the door that they speak again "Just know that, if you ever need to talk to someone, I'm here, okay? Anything at all."
You feel a small pang in your heart, feeling a little guilty at not telling them who you brought with you from the expedition but... You just feel like you should keep that small action a secret to everyone.
"I know. Same goes for you, okay?" you say, softly.

They nod and close the door, leaving you with your own thoughts and your newly acquired responsibilities.

°~°

Outside of your door, your boss finally lets out a heavy sigh and rakes their fingers through their hair, a small habit they do when they are worried about stuff.
"It's fine. They are fine and here now, aren't they?" they mumble to themselves and quickly start their way to their own office.
They just couldn't drag you back into it, not when they unknowingly put you in danger and almost lost you. Even while it pained them to keep secrets from you, there were things that it would be better off for you NOT to know. Especially when they noticed how some part of you already KNEW there was something going on, given with how you suddenly went silent. They didn't know, back then, that they would be sending you to a danger zone, but they WOULD protect you from this...

From them...

If they were even real to begin with, anyway.

They locked their own office and went back to their personal e-mail, going back to the messages they managed to save and the small clips they found about it.
You were there now. Safe, at least for now, so maybe it was just paranoia settling in. They could probably get away with erasing what they found, but...

"But it's better to keep these records... So if they start once again, at least we'll know what to expect..." they mutter, allowing their eyes to skim over the screen in front of them, reading one final time the reports that started to haunt their dreams until they knew you were safe...

°~°

Is... Is this thing even gonna work? God I hope it sends at some point... Hopefully.
In any case, if you get this... Hi. I'm just another journalist out there like you, reporting over from the meteorite crash site and...

Man, this is so messed up. I don't even know where to begin...
Let's see... The crops? Yes. Yes, first it was the crops. Bigger and bigger crops grew over this land but when you'd try them, they were already bad. But that was only the beginning...
The colors then started to grey-out, started being sucked by that... Thing. Whatever it is.
I'm also sure there's something down that well, but I'm not brave enough to go see...

I've been staying with this farmer who took me in. And... God, how did everything went wrong? I can't even begin to describe what happened. Everything just... Got mushed up together. Plants, cattle... People. This isn't normal. This is definitely not normal...
But... What is worst is that I can feel it calling to me. I... I think I'm next...

At this point I'd just like for someone to come and find me... Or whatever it is that they manage to find.
It might be selfish of me to ask but please, don't stop searching for me, and for others that might be in a similar situation. But be careful about it too, least of all you end up like... Like them.

Need to go now. There surely must be a way to calm down the farmer's wife and son's laments that are just next door...

- End of message

///

It hasn't been that long since I finally got out of that god-forsaken town. But that place... Its like I didn't leave it at all... Like if it's still following me even now, and I can't manage to escape it despite being miles away.

I am... Was? A journalist. Worked in a big company, trying to expose the truth and show what the world had to offer... But I wasn't prepared for this. They advertised this place as a fishy town, and I understood that there was something hiding in there. Turns out, the town of Innsmouth doesn't hold the term 'fishy' just for that.
The strong smell of fish was the first thing that greeted me, alongside the peculiar people who live in here, most of them with a weird gait and huge bulging eyes that looked at me with a mix of disdain and discontent. I was clearly not welcomed in that place, but I decided to push on, search for its hidden mysteries.

I met this guy, Zadok, who gave me a hefty bit of information, and when that was over...
It all happened so fast. One second I was sleeping on another room in the same floor as this Robert fella, when the noises started, and then THEY started their pursuit.

I never saw Robert again, and I'm not sure if he made it, but as for me... I believe they are still tracing my steps, following me... Getting closer and closer. Things are amiss now, and I can't shake off the feeling that I'm no longer alone...
Sometimes I can swear I hear them just outside of my bedroom door... Waiting... Or maybe... Maybe they are already inside?

I don't even think I was able to help my own company... So going over to Innsmouth... Was it really worth it? A part of me says that it is not enough, that we should keep searching for more, but as to how more I'll be able to go, I am no longer sure...

- End of message

///

- Found on a small ship drifting along the sea, inside a small journal

It's been days since we've left port. I eavesdropped some people, all of them whispering about a Norwegian sailor, as if they didn't want no one else to hear, and I managed to get on board the same small ship as them. Our destination? An island.
These people keep murmuring at night, talking with each other, everything centered around this island. No, not just any island, but THE island. And they wanted to get there as fast as possible. I wonder if their eagerness has an ulterior motive, or if they were sent there to do something.

We have our supplies, that was never the issue, but even them and I... For all the hope we had of finding something, we weren't actually sure if it was going to be there... But it was.
The vast island, with Cyclopean masonry and strange geometry. Yes, this place was sure to have something.
At that moment I knew I needed to go back, report what I had.

But then there was a sound, and... He appeared. Just like those statues but not unlike a huge, stumbling mountain.
I couldn't help but look how he surfaced, slowly but surely, and I know those guys are sure to come running towards the ship again. How many they were again?

Well, it doesn't matter.
He is FINALLY awake. After all we've done... Turns out we just needed some clueless people to do our goal.
They'll probably take my journal, since they believe I am like them, but that will be fine. As long as it reaches other people so they can know what's over here.

Yes... YES. Come, COME! You have to see him. YOU HAVE TO MEET HIM. Search for us. SEARCH FOR HIM. AND IF YOU ARE ALREADY ON YOUR WAY, KEEP GOING.

Cthulhu fhtagn! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
PH'NGLUI MGLW'NAFH CTHULHU R'LYEH WGAH'NAGL FHTAGN.
CTHULHU FHTA-

- The rest of the page is blank.

°~° The End °~°

HI EVERYONE! The long-awaited (or so I love to think) finale is here!
Took me some time because I was outside the city and without access to the story, so I apologize for being a little late.

Hopefully, it satisfies your curiosity AND made you interested enough to go read the original stories! Why? Well, because I tried to link some things of the originals with this one so... Hooray for Easter Eggs! Wooo! \o/

That said, to my Malachite gang out there: the bad endings in here (the last part) were actually shown first in our super secret, member-exclusive chat over at Discord, so if you want to be teased like that in future SWSH or events or whatever, you can always head back there and be one of the first to know about it!
To the Azurite and Wulfenite gang: while I can't share those stories with you, fear not! I will give my best to drop the sudden surprises over here too whenever I do them! Everyone wins here, yay! \o/

And if you are STILL reading this, be sure to go check this thread I did and that Rose so kindly linked above so you can decide which theme we should try to promote next! What the public wants, we should (try to) give! So please, participate in it! And who knows, I might be able to think of a story to go with it too... -wink wink- (though I am not promising anything just yet!)

Anyway it was a blast to write this, and I hope you guys liked it.
Now for a not-so-small behind-the-scenes part:

- The first part, the one with Lileep, is linked to Colour Out of Space. Between the multiple things that happen in the story, body modification is one of those, especially the "mixing two animals together". Well, I took that and tried to give it to Lileep too, because while it is thought to be inspired by sea lilies (crinoids), I also find it super weird. Like, the base of Lileep looks like tiny feet, and the top part seems like it houses the ACTUAL Pokemon or something. Either way, the shiny also reminds me of a plant (because green!), so I am personally linking the story with "Oh you found a new thing that was actually created by mixing multiple animals AND a plant... Woops"

- The second part, Town of Innsmouth AND Nickit. That one was harder, but in the book the main character gets hunted by the Deep Ones. Originally, the story was going to be closely related to the actual twist in the book and how it was hereditary, BUT since the public went for Nickit, I had to do some tweaking. The Dex says that Nickit/Thievul would mark you and then follow that scent in order to stalk you and then steal from you. The twist in my story, that is not made explicit, is that in the good ending you manage to find Nickit, but in the bad one... Well, let's just say that the ones waiting outside your bedroom door AREN'T them. As to WHY Nickit is in that story? Well, Nickit is a fox, and foxes DO eat fish... And in the story, Innsmouth DOES smell like fish and is basically a fishing town so... It all added up!

- The final part, Call of Cthulhu. Had to go out of the books, even if it was a little bit, and had to make the bad ending another instance of "Oh well, someone awoke Cthulhu AGAIN". YES, in the books it is explained that some people managed to wake him for a short amount of time (and only a short time because the stars weren't aligned). And yes, the twist is that the journal wasn't from a journalist but from a CULTIST who wanted to wake him up either way. Because yes, cults are also a staple in that story. The cultist... Uhhh... "Disappeared", because Cthulhu don't care if you worship him or not, he just chills, wants to make the world be a mad fest (in the humans POV, he really just doesn't care) and sleeps. So let the poor guy sleep, okay?

- Also, yes. The "good endings" revolve around ignoring/evading most of the things that "really" happened, while the bad endings are in the eye of the storm. As someone would say, "ignorance is bliss" after all...

- Also ALSO, yes. I did not have any beta or someone to proofread this. Woops. That means all mistakes are mine... But since I also want to be HIP and talk like the cool kids do: "NO BETA WE DIE LIKE MEN" There. I said it.

- And final one: Yes. The whole "camouflage"/"blending in" thing was done on purpose, in order to give a little nudge at how maybe... Just maybe... Those things that Lovecraft wrote about are THERE but hidden out of sight... Just waiting for their moment to show themselves...
LOL. I am just pulling your leg! LMAO
... Or Am I?

ANYWAY, that was the end of it!

Congratulations on everyone who kept reading this and who managed to get a shiny! And who didn't... I AM STILL ROOTING FOR YOU TO GET IT SO PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP!

To my Malachite family (I'm so sorry Mamanator... I'll probably be stealing this idea of yours of using this particular color when talking about Malachite... Hope you can forgive me!): YO', WE ARE AMAZING. I AM SUPER PROUD OF OURSELVES AND I HOPE YOU FEEL THE SAME WAY. THOSE LAST DAYS WERE SOMETHING ALRIGHT.
To Nick: Oh hi there friend! Thank you for the Monthly Post! I see you decided to not enable the super ultra secret Shiny Legendary Explorations for this month :'C. You wound me! [<- That is a joke by the way! There's no super ultra secret shiny legendary explorations! .... Yet >=)]
To Darth: OH GOD. I hope you are doing better! sad.gif Take care of yourself, please! And if you need anything, just say so! I'm sure we could help in something!
To Nom: I AM NOW THE PROUD OWNER OF EACH NEW POKEMON AND THEY ARE SO CUTE, WHO GAVE YOU PERMISSION TO MAKE THEM SO CUTE? I AM DYIIIIING, THANK YOUUUUUU.
To everyone else: Have a nice day/afternoon/night and everything in-between! If y'all ever need me, I'm one PM away!

(And because I am being a little shameless right now: don't forget to check the thread I did so you can choose what theme you'd like! Click this link for more info! -nudge nudge-)

This post has been edited by Rookie Roo: Aug 10 2021, 02:25 PM

--------------------
Look at friend please cat.gif

If you need Social Network, or if you have it, you might be interested in reading this.

Shinies of 2020: 112 (click to show)

Shinies of 2021: 130 (click to show)

Shinies of 2022 (click to show)

Special Achievements (click to show)

+Quote Post

Professor Eucaly...
post Aug 10 2021, 02:43 PM
Post #12

Not really Australian, but Koalas still bite me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 534

GODSQUAD

Great ending! I love how you tie together the three SWSHmons into Lovecraft's stories! Perhaps I will read the originals someday... feebas.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Aug 12 2021, 10:59 PM
Post #13

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Happy Birthday to Darth Krytie!

She's home now and doing better, but still recovering.

Enjoy a Triple Plus and a 3x multiplier today!

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

The quiet wolf
post Aug 13 2021, 07:57 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 80 437

Happy birthday Darth Krytie, glad to hear you're doing better!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:06 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.