Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Frank's profile
Ariadan
post Oct 15 2009, 10:56 AM
Post #1

The laid back weirdo
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 63 819

Active Squad

Name: Frank Joanes
Hometown: Arasam

Appearance:
Standing at 6' 5" and weighing 212lb you can see that he's been working out a lot. The first thing, though, that would draw your attention would be his sword and shield that he carries around on his back. The shield is made from 1.18 inch aluminium so it can take a punch and not be too heavy, the sword is merely decoration, even though it's made from steel he could at worst give you a headache you'd never forget. The shield has strange markings on it, looking like an obscure painting of something that only the one who made it could tell what it is supposed to be. Next you would notice his red and blue clothes not that they are unusual but mostly because of the fact that the coloring seems a little strange. His pants, shirt and vest are red, the collor of the vest is deep blue and so are the arms of his shirt. One of the arms of his shirt looks like it's been ripped by some pokémon with sharp claws, it also looks like he's bleeding. His hiking boots are beige.
You don't see much of his face because he covers most of it with a black mask but what you can see are his blue eyes, his dark brown hair and his ears, I don't know why you would look at his ears but sure.

Personality:
Frank is a very kind-hearted but also very straight-forward guy and doesen't always realize if he's hurt someone. His ignorance leaves him with the image of being dumb, this is not true, he is in reality very smart, he just doesen't care about memorizing.. well.. a lot of stuff and the fact that he doesen't realize that he in fact, isn't psychic is mainly because of his wish to be abnormal. He strives to show his worth in whatever way he can and therefore seldomly refuses a challenge or a bet.

Biography:
When he was 6 years old his family moved to Arasam from Petropolis, according to his mom they were tired of the life they had there and decided to move to a smaller town or city. He never really connected with anyone in Arasam until he had turned 9 when he became friends with a girl called Sophie, a shy and very cute girl who for some reason had been spending two weeks following him around, every time Frank turned around she would hide behind whatever she was near, no matter how obvious it was that she was hiding there. A few days after his 10th birthday his dad, Phil, woke him up to take him out on a walk around the mountain as they had done once a week after he had turned 7. Half way around the foot of the mountain a Chimchar appeared seemingly out of nowhere, it was hurt and furious. As soon as it saw Frank and Phil it turned it's fury at them but it's pain kept it from attacking them immediatley. Phil decided to try and catch it or tire it out enough so it couldn't retaliate and take it to the pokécenter. Phil used his Vaporeon and it didn't take long before Chimchar was too weak to continue but it was still strong enough to keep Phil from lifting it up so he decided to catch it.
After they had been to the pokécenter Phil handed Frank the pokéball with the Chimchar in it and said that it was his and to take care of it. Outside the pokécenter Frank released it from the pokéball to look at his first pokémon but as soon as Chimchar was released it seized the opportunity to try and run away but was merely returned to the pokéball again. After being released and returned a couple of times it had given up on escaping, or so it seemed at least, it ran towards Frank with a fake smile and leaped at him, luckily Frank realised that it was aiming for his head and ducked out of the way and returned it to the pokéball yet again.
This time he waited a while before releasing it again, this time Chimchar sat down and looked at Frank with eyes telling him that he had given up. "My you're a feisty one, aren't you? I think I'll call you Scorch, I have a feeling that that's what will happen to anyone who opposes us, well if you decide to actually work together with me as a friend or partner, that is." The Chimchar seemed to react to being called Scorch and since then the name stuck and it started to warm up to Frank.
Not long after this Frank decided to try and find and catch more pokémon and left for a short journey. He returned after a week, exhausted but with a huge smile over his lips. He showed his parents a pokéball and released the pokémon inside, it was an electrike. When Electrike was free it looked around and saw Frank and immediatley leaped towards him and licked him all over his face thrilled to see him.
When Frank had turned 18 his childhood friend, Sophie, seemingly disappeared along with her family, Frank assumed that she had moved but he wondered why she hadn't said something. The fact that he had no clue as to what had happened made it so that Frank couldn't be angry at her, nor could he forget her.
At the age of 20 he decided to leave Arasam to try and either become a pokémon master or to simply find his calling. As soon as he went past the mountain he heard a rumble and an Onix burst through the mountain wall, headed straight for Frank. Frank immediatley leapt to the side and engaged the Onix in a battle. After a long battle that had left all four exhausted Frank managed to catch it. A few days later he decided to call his Onix Pebbles just to tease with it.
A year later Frank was walking on the beach between Petropolis and Lenoilia and noticed that he was being followed, he had no idea what it was though. Frank had just been walking around whistling and being happy over the fact that he had won quite a lot of money from some guy who had challenged him to a bet and a battle, when he heard a strange sound behind him. When he had convinced himself that he was simply imagining it he felt something jump up onto his shoulders from behind and make a short and happy squeel-like sound, it was a Baltoy who seemed very happy to see him. Even though it had jumped up onto his shoulders it seemed to be very shy and cowered behind its arms every time Frank looked at it, after a few days when Baltoy had warmed up a little more to him he tried catching it but it merely batted away the pokéball and jumped up on his shoulders again.
Frank decided to call Baltoy Sophie because of the way they had met and it seemed to love the name.
After a while Frank found himself in a battle against another trainer and wanted to see what Sophie could do, but it refused to join the battle and left Frank with no choice but to use his other pokémon. He released Scorch against the other trainers Pikachu and as he had thought of what to do and was about to tell Scorch to use its ember attack Scorch did so before Frank had a chance to tell it. This happened throughout the battle and several other battles as well and left him thinking that he might be psychic.
Two years later, Frank is now 23, he's walking from the port of Barley towards a small town or village that he had seen before near the edge above the sea north of Gigarte, Sophie still refuses to be caught by a pokéball and follows Frank either by spinning along next to him or by using his shoulders as a resting place.

Starting Pokemon:

Chimchar level 9
Moves: Scratch, Leer, Ember, Taunt
Name: Scorch

Electrike level 6
Moves: Tackle, Thunder Wave
Name:

Onix level 4
Moves: Mud Sport, Tackle, Harden, Bind
Name: Pebbles

Baltoy level 1
Moves: Confusion
Name: Sophie

Items:
World map
11 Pokéballs
1 Greatball
10 Potions
2 Awaken
Pokégear

What is the biscuit's name? Seriously who's Bertha? I thought the biscuit's name was Waldorf. :S
Other Notes: The way he manages to control his pokémon without using words is that his Baltoy reads his mind and transfers those thoughts to his pokémon.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v138/Mel...kJoanesPane.jpg
The link leads to a picture of Frank, now, it's made in a Hero Maker so it's not exact, but it's as close as I can get considering the fact that I have no skills at all in drawing and painting. In the picture he's holding a second shield but, in case you don't come to that conclusion yourself, it's just to show what the shield looks like from the front.

This post has been edited by Ariadan: Oct 23 2009, 03:25 PM

--------------------
I has pokémans, click them? (click to show)
PANE: Frank Joanes (click to show)
I give my thanks to Living Arrow for the sprite-image. ^^
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:33 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.