Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Battle Tower/Battle Subway-related issues
Mariocool1999
post Aug 6 2012, 11:33 AM
Post #41

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 136 740

BEST PARTY EVAR

When I was fighting my opponent in the battle tower, it was processing. FOR 1 HOUR. Apparently, I already did an action even though it got reverted back to a previous turn. I had to forfeit all battles. While I was fighting I think my 93nd opponent in the battle subway! >:(

--------------------

Sometimes, I wonder why is everything alive...

~The Achievement Association~

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Renaki
post Aug 6 2012, 04:08 PM
Post #42

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 67 119

RP Pokemon

I'm having some problems right now-I'm working on the Guardians Exploration, and I'm in the battle tower, but I can't get past the first stage...it doesn't start the battle right away, it just gives me a blurred screen-and it's been that way for 15 minutes now... sad.gif

Is there any way to bypass this??

--------------------
+Quote Post

Elito
post Aug 7 2012, 07:28 AM
Post #43

My life's a theater.
Group Icon

Member No.: 50 181

MonoPoison

QUOTE(PkmHunter @ Aug 5 2012, 02:49 AM) *
QUOTE(Mike @ Aug 2 2012, 12:41 AM) *
I've been having problems with the AI not choosing their pokemon, here's a screenshot.
put large images behind a spoiler (click to show)

Please, have this been fixed?

Yes, please. I mean, I had to end my strike when I was on 63. :| I guess it's not a big problem now, when we don't have any rewards being given out yet, but it would be very annoying to lose your strike then, when you could have done more.

Also, one question, can you battle your own teams? Like, the teams that you made for the Battle Subway?

--------------------

x
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Aug 7 2012, 12:23 PM
Post #44

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

QUOTE(Jo Calderone @ Aug 7 2012, 01:28 PM) *
Also, one question, can you battle your own teams? Like, the teams that you made for the Battle Subway?

Nope.

QUOTE(Big Bidoof @ Jul 31 2012, 12:22 AM) *
QUOTE(PkmHunter @ Jul 30 2012, 07:13 PM) *

One can create lots of teams. Is there any chance he would battle his own team?

No, you'll never battle ones you've submitted, yup yup.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Snowsky
post Aug 7 2012, 04:40 PM
Post #45

Malachite pride~
Group Icon

Member No.: 88 905

Team Nando!

This one is kind of hard to explain, but bear with me here. I'm on my last move, and I KO the opponent's Pokémon. The next Trainer comes up (let's call him/her/it Trainer X).

Then I refresh, and the battle has gone back to when I was first about to KO the opponent's Pokémon. I do so again, because it's the only way to continue the streak. However, it brings up a different Trainer than the first one, separately (let's call the second one Trainer Y).

Now I have, essentially, two different "timelines" occurring at the same time: one where I beat the opponent and my next match was Trainer X, and one where I beat the opponent and my next match was Trainer Y. I am now continuing the streak from the point where I battled Trainer X.

This results in me having two Battle Subway battles open at the same time. However, I cannot battle Trainer Y, as when I try to pick the Pokémon for that battle, it says something to the effect of "You do not have enough available Pokémon in the Battle Tower, please try again."

I am assuming that if/when I lose the streak starting from when I battled Trainer X, Trainer Y's battle will disappear as well. However, if I press the "end my streak" button on Trainer Y's battle, my battle timeline with Trainer X is unaffected.

I am sorry if the way this glitch was described does not make any sense.

EDIT: Another glitch has occurred. In the battle I am participating in, the shiny Charizard had been knocked out, but the opponent cannot/will not switch to the next Pokémon and any moves I attempt to have my Pokémon use do nothing. The text near the bottom of the screen also says, "It is the first turn of the battle and there is no information to show." The only other option is to forfeit.

This post has been edited by Snowsky: Aug 7 2012, 04:56 PM

--------------------

i dream in verdant and emerald

+Quote Post

digiviper
post Aug 7 2012, 05:44 PM
Post #46

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 122 316

Active Squad

Ok so I'm working on the Guardians Exploration and i'm up to the battle tower part of it i have beat the first two battles and am up to the third, I had battled the third a couple times (lost all of them) i now cannot select any NPC's i also cannot start a battle with players (whenever i click start battle it says "you cannot use this right now") That is all.

Edit: It is fixed now.
+Quote Post

PkmHunter
post Aug 8 2012, 04:10 AM
Post #47

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 639

The Soul Reaper

QUOTE(Mariocool1999 @ Aug 6 2012, 05:33 PM) *
When I was fighting my opponent in the battle tower, it was processing. FOR 1 HOUR. Apparently, I already did an action even though it got reverted back to a previous turn. I had to forfeit all battles. While I was fighting I think my 93nd opponent in the battle subway! >:(
Is your bug similar to this NPC Bug?

QUOTE(Snowsky @ Aug 7 2012, 10:40 PM) *
This one is kind of hard to explain, but bear with me here. I'm on my last move, and I KO the opponent's Pokémon. The next Trainer comes up (let's call him/her/it Trainer X).

Then I refresh, and the battle has gone back to when I was first about to KO the opponent's Pokémon. I do so again, because it's the only way to continue the streak. However, it brings up a different Trainer than the first one, separately (let's call the second one Trainer Y).

Now I have, essentially, two different "timelines" occurring at the same time: one where I beat the opponent and my next match was Trainer X, and one where I beat the opponent and my next match was Trainer Y. I am now continuing the streak from the point where I battled Trainer X.

This results in me having two Battle Subway battles open at the same time. However, I cannot battle Trainer Y, as when I try to pick the Pokémon for that battle, it says something to the effect of "You do not have enough available Pokémon in the Battle Tower, please try again."

I am assuming that if/when I lose the streak starting from when I battled Trainer X, Trainer Y's battle will disappear as well. However, if I press the "end my streak" button on Trainer Y's battle, my battle timeline with Trainer X is unaffected.

I am sorry if the way this glitch was described does not make any sense.
I got this bug before. The reason you could not do 2 battles simultaneously as you didn't have at least 12 Pokemon at level 76-100 in BT. The bug will end when you end/lose/forfeit one battle.

QUOTE(Snowsky @ Aug 7 2012, 10:40 PM) *
EDIT: Another glitch has occurred. In the battle I am participating in, the shiny Charizard had been knocked out, but the opponent cannot/will not switch to the next Pokémon and any moves I attempt to have my Pokémon use do nothing. The text near the bottom of the screen also says, "It is the first turn of the battle and there is no information to show." The only other option is to forfeit.
Snowy, see this NPC Bug. I just got 2 in 3 hours, 3 since my last report....

Please fix or let us know how to avoid this (click to show)

--------------------

Please fix the NPC Bug reported since March 2011

Individually encountered the bug over 100 times...When will this really end? sad.gif
Bug Photo Collection lol

Think Shiny... think shiny... shiny... s..h..i..n...y.....Shaymin.........*fainted*

+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Aug 8 2012, 08:39 AM
Post #48

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

QUOTE(PkmHunter @ Aug 8 2012, 05:10 AM) *
Please fix or let us know how to avoid this (click to show)

You do realize all of your screen shots you've been posting are basically useless since you've been blanking data out of them, contrary to what the first post says, right?

At any rate, I've been trying to get to the bottom of it, but given that it seems to be a set of fairly rare and difficult-to-reproduce conditions that cause it, I'm still not entirely sure, yup yup.

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

PkmHunter
post Aug 9 2012, 03:58 AM
Post #49

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

The Soul Reaper

QUOTE(Big Bidoof @ Aug 8 2012, 02:39 PM) *
You do realize all of your screen shots you've been posting are basically useless since you've been blanking data out of them, contrary to what the first post says, right?

At any rate, I've been trying to get to the bottom of it, but given that it seems to be a set of fairly rare and difficult-to-reproduce conditions that cause it, I'm still not entirely sure, yup yup.

Sorry, I thought it was a known issue. In the previous report, we produced a few theories but were still unsure of the exact cause. I'll link them back here below for your reference:
Ref 1, Ref 2, Ref 3, Ref 4, Ref 5.

Also is it possible to allow Stalemate message when either player uses the same move for a certain turn? Currently both players are required to make same moves for Stalemate message to show up but in case of a bug, the NPC is basically not responsive....

--------------------

Individually encountered the bug over 100 times...When will this really end? sad.gif
Bug Photo Collection lol

Think Shiny... think shiny... shiny... s..h..i..n...y.....Shaymin.........*fainted*

+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Aug 9 2012, 09:04 AM
Post #50

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(PkmHunter @ Aug 9 2012, 03:58 AM) *
Also is it possible to allow Stalemate message when either player uses the same move for a certain turn? Currently both players are required to make same moves for Stalemate message to show up but in case of a bug, the NPC is basically not responsive....

That's wrong. Stalemate shows up when both players have had a certain number of turns (5, I think) above 90% HP without switching out. It has nothing to do with the same moves.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Aug 9 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #51

Certified Psychotic Isaac Fangirl and Legendary Dogs Enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 522

GS Crew

About the only bug I've seen is that Leech Life bug. Here's a screenshot:
Illegal Move? (click to show)

None of my Pokémon I used in that fight had Leech Life as one of their moves, and none of them had a Bug Gem, either. I still ended up having Leviathan and Gladius using LL. And I haven't had any 'mons with LL in my BT at all. So I'm not sure what causes it, but it always happened after I switched out my 'mon for another.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure this isn't related to the NPC bug, because this was a live battle, not an NPC battle.

This post has been edited by Mars Adept Enten: Aug 9 2012, 12:50 PM

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

My shop! I appreciate requests! cat.gif

Entei stuff! (click to show)

Other stuff... (click to show)

Credit to: (click to show)
+Quote Post

DOTcoloris
post Aug 9 2012, 04:35 PM
Post #52

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 565

Active Squad

Not here to report an actual bug, but I was hoping I could use this thread to point out a few typos I caught:

Screenshot (click to show)

I'm assuming "you" is supposed to be "to" and "chooisng" should be "choosing". Also, the "T" after the semicolon shouldn't be capitalized happy.gif

EDIT: Now that I look at it a second time, one more thing: shouldn't "allow" (in the first line) be "allows"?

This post has been edited by DOTcoloris: Aug 9 2012, 04:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Ivy Leaf
post Aug 9 2012, 07:07 PM
Post #53

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 138 648

Active Squad

Nevermind...
+Quote Post

BTS Jin
post Aug 9 2012, 08:34 PM
Post #54

you can't eat a pool
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 146

we only swim free

QUOTE(Jo Calderone @ Aug 7 2012, 05:28 AM) *
QUOTE(PkmHunter @ Aug 5 2012, 02:49 AM) *
QUOTE(Mike @ Aug 2 2012, 12:41 AM) *
I've been having problems with the AI not choosing their pokemon, here's a screenshot.
put large images behind a spoiler (click to show)

Please, have this been fixed?

Yes, please. I mean, I had to end my strike when I was on 63. :| I guess it's not a big problem now, when we don't have any rewards being given out yet, but it would be very annoying to lose your strike then, when you could have done more.

The same thing just happened to me. In the active battles tab, it appears as if all of my opponent's pokemon have been chosen but are all fainted.

--------------------
justnosense

ripulse
allegro
manila
klaine
kurtbastian
wooper

teen heat
+Quote Post

Lilium Alice
post Aug 9 2012, 10:30 PM
Post #55

Ahbloogiewoogiewoo
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 532

My Pokemans

I've become stuck on task 10/12 on the Guardians exploration. I'm unable to initiate any battles now and keep receiving the alert telling me "You cannot use this right now!" Although my GPX notification tab tells me the NPC battles are ready, my NPC page is completely blank. Is there a known solution to this or is it something to be waited out?

EDIT: Almost immediately after I posted this after waiting for roughly an hour, the page displays the NPCs. Any idea what might be causing this?

EDIT 2: I just noticed that the Forfeit Battles tab prevents you from battling for an hour afterwards. That may be what caused this problem for some players.

This post has been edited by Lilium Alice: Aug 9 2012, 10:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

PkmHunter
post Aug 9 2012, 11:51 PM
Post #56

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

The Soul Reaper

I think this one might be a bit clearer.

(Edit: Sorry, I blanked the moves and team as usual w/o checking the updates in the first post)

Step 1: The LEAVEITTOBEAV Pokemon was swapped for 71 (Klinklang).

Step 2: 71 (Klinklang) got hit and fainted.
The system took a while to process but the battle froze for ~5 mins with the text "Processing...".

Step 3: I refreshed browser (Firefox 14.0.1) and the bug occurred (when the screenshot was taken).
It says in the text that LEAVEITTOBEAV was sent out but the picture shows the fainted Klinklang.

QUOTE(pumpkinking0192 @ Aug 9 2012, 03:04 PM) *
QUOTE(PkmHunter @ Aug 9 2012, 03:58 AM) *

That's wrong. Stalemate shows up when both players have had a certain number of turns (5, I think) above 90% HP without switching out. It has nothing to do with the same moves.
Ah right. I remember the message showed up once when I kept using a same move and the opponent's HP was around 60-70%...

--------------------

Bug Photo Collection lol

+Quote Post

OrangeInuYasha
post Aug 10 2012, 07:43 AM
Post #57

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 54 814

Heart Gold Team

QUOTE(Callie Rose @ Aug 2 2012, 07:00 AM) *
I found another strange glitch in the Subway just now. After my Scizor took a Braviary with Metal Claw, the trainer sends out a Parasect, and I chose Leech Life to attack, but then an Alert pops up saying 'No Move Selected' (something like that, can't remember) and the part at the bottom hat says what happened on the previous turn says that 'It is the first turn in the battle, and there is no data to show' :s I tried again, and it still won't let me select Leech Life. When I tried another move (Metal Claw) it let me move.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2mo8dok.png
http://i47.tinypic.com/qqswaq.png

Something like this happened to me a while ago when battling, let me see if I can properly explain...
I was battling against renpoke, and we both have a Leavanny out. If one of us tried to use "Leach Life", it would work but if both of us tried it would give the "Missing an attack" error. Basically, what we noticed was that only one of us could use "Leach Life" and it was just whoever ended up clicking it first. I'm not sure if it's just Leavanny, but I'm pretty sure the error just happens if both users try to use Leach Life specifically.

I'm not sure if it's related to the other Leach Life bug, but it might be. What can I say....I guess the move leach life is a bit-- buggy =3=

--------------------

犬夜叉おたく♥
+Quote Post

Teeheedaruma
post Aug 10 2012, 10:42 PM
Post #58

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 441

Active Squad

Just a little bug: I was fighting in the Battle Subway, and it got stuck on the loading screen, so I refreshed. When the screen reloaded, I believe the opponent switched his pokemon but for whatever reason my Hydreigon's stat changes had been reset (I had used a Nasty Plot) and the stat ups were gone.

This post has been edited by Teeheedaruma: Aug 10 2012, 10:43 PM

--------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Made by me

+Quote Post

azkirby
post Aug 11 2012, 04:36 AM
Post #59

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 141 788

Active Squad

Ummm, I don't know if it's a bug but I clicked on the button forfeit all battles and now I cannot do npc battles

Edit: never mind happy.gif

--------------------
Click on me guys! & click on my pal pad!

+Quote Post

Mudd E
post Aug 12 2012, 09:48 AM
Post #60

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 46 774

Active Squad

Trying to battle the Volcano Guardians for the exploration I'm on, I believe it's the one that awards red/blue/green orb.

Every time I choose my pokes, it says it's "waiting for opponent" and then does nothing. I tried cancelling my battle and starting over and it just did the same thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 10:14 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.