Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Can't release Pokémon
Ekoro
post Jul 8 2019, 05:54 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 139 050

Cool Dudes

Came back after about five years with Starbucks, want to have a fresh start outside of my shinies until I get better ones since influencing nature is possible, have moved any Pokémon I want to keep into locked boxes, I release everyone else and...when I refresh or come back to the page, they're all back.

Is it something on my end or am I doing something wrong? Also when I confirm release, the "cancel release" button is still there. Clicking on it prompts me to click on what I want to release again, and trying to save changes by moving around the Pokémon in my locked boxes doesn't make it stay. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Also noticed my avatar is still the same despite changing it! Lovely.

This post has been edited by Ekoro: Jul 8 2019, 05:54 PM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Jul 10 2019, 12:06 AM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(Ekoro @ Jul 8 2019, 05:54 PM) *
Edit: Also noticed my avatar is still the same despite changing it! Lovely.

That'll be a cache problem (on your end). Clear your cache and your browser should show the new one.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kazz
post Jul 19 2019, 02:47 PM
Post #3

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 330

Active Squad

I've been having this problem as well over the last week. Save changes doesn't do anything because there's no changes to save once you've confirmed the release. I posted about this issue like 2 years ago and didn't get any answers then but the problem eventually resolved itself.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kazz
post Jul 24 2019, 11:24 AM
Post #4

Elite Four
Group Icon

Active Squad

Toyed around with my PC and narrowed the issue down to one box, then one group of pokemon, then one singular pokemon that was actually the issue. For whatever reason there's an Arceus that was preventing the mass release of everything else. If I tried to release anything plus the Arceus, everything was back in the boxes upon refreshing. I was able to release everything else as long as I didn't try to release it as well. If I now try to release the Arceus by itself, it's still there once I refresh the page.

--------------------
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Jul 24 2019, 02:28 PM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(Melody Malone @ Jul 24 2019, 11:24 AM) *
Toyed around with my PC and narrowed the issue down to one box, then one group of pokemon, then one singular pokemon that was actually the issue. For whatever reason there's an Arceus that was preventing the mass release of everything else. If I tried to release anything plus the Arceus, everything was back in the boxes upon refreshing. I was able to release everything else as long as I didn't try to release it as well. If I now try to release the Arceus by itself, it's still there once I refresh the page.

I'm not sure if my info is out-of-date, but I know for sure in the past Arceus were specifically coded to be unreleasable because of their rarity. (This was before they were available with shards/Explorations, back when they were given out as contest prizes and there were only a single-digit number of them existing on the site in total.) If this is still the case nowadays, then I'm guessing the coding that blocks Arceus from being released is also somehow messing up attempts to release other things alongside the Arceus.

This post has been edited by pumpkinking0192: Jul 24 2019, 02:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kazz
post Jul 24 2019, 06:19 PM
Post #6

Elite Four
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(pumpkinking0192 @ Jul 24 2019, 12:28 PM) *
QUOTE(Melody Malone @ Jul 24 2019, 11:24 AM) *

I'm not sure if my info is out-of-date, but I know for sure in the past Arceus were specifically coded to be unreleasable because of their rarity. (This was before they were available with shards/Explorations, back when they were given out as contest prizes and there were only a single-digit number of them existing on the site in total.) If this is still the case nowadays, then I'm guessing the coding that blocks Arceus from being released is also somehow messing up attempts to release other things alongside the Arceus.

Thanks! I never knew that. Definitely makes sense. I just put it in a separate box for now to avoid the problem.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th March 2024 - 11:57 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.