Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
142 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
GPX+ Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
AregularFrankief...
post May 26 2018, 01:02 AM
Post #601

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

I haven't actually looked at the Switch leaks myself, but I've heard news from other people. And I'm curious to see what exactly Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee will turn out to be. I suspect it'll just be a typical mobile game for toddlers, but you never know. Could be different this time.

And apparently this is an unpopular opinion, but I actually wouldn't mind if we returned to Kanto. Would be nice to have a sort of sequel with some small hints back at events from the original games, or some more clues as to what the hell Giovanni did other than the PWT after fleeing that cave in HGSS. [can you tell who one of my favorite villains is yet, lol]

Also, @Luneon because I just bothered to check the previous pages: That makes a lot of sense, actually. Thanks for the info, I honestly didn't consider that possibility. The news certainly loves to glorify dismal events nowadays and make them seem a lot more dramatic than they actually are.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Gigadweeb
post May 26 2018, 04:35 AM
Post #602

The Dragonslayer
Group Icon

Member No.: 44 890

pre-Gen V favs

QUOTE(Razorflame @ May 25 2018, 01:43 PM) *
Serious question to everyone: I need to get TWO Sh. Ralts, one for Mega and one for regular Gallade....but I'm scared of hatching more female Sh. Ralts ;_; What to do? Go through with the Shiny Hunts, or just take a random Ralts egg every once in a while?

Hah, funny that, been hunting for a female Sh. Ralts and gotten like 2-3 male ones so far.

Want to swap?

So, in other news, managed to complete this month's SWSH. Was really expecting another loss tbh

And, in other other news, for some reason apparently the mods on /r/latestagecapitalism decided I was actually worth being a mod of 300,000 people, so woohoo! ya boi's moving up in the world

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post May 26 2018, 04:19 PM
Post #603

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

Beeark and Pulian are so very charming! grin.gif

After I finally find a shiny Carbink Allotrope, I think I'll shiny hunt Beeark next!

How are everyone else's Novelty hunts going?

I've hatched 123 Allotrope so far, it's slow going because I want to amass 1,000 Pass Orbs before I spend them on Novelty Power again.

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post May 26 2018, 04:34 PM
Post #604

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

@Razorflame If the pokemon doesn't need to be of a specific gender to evolve, then I don't really mind which gender I get the shiny of. I don't have the habit of thinking of names before hatching the shinies so I'm ok with whatever I get tbh. However, like I said, trying to get a sh. female Salandit or Snorunt is a pain.

@Gryphaena I think I've given up some novelty hunts in the last 2 years, I remember hunting that Snowman Munchlax because I like the shiny color so very much but my hunts are getting helpless. Currently I'm still in the hunt for Pink Caterpie (Eggs Hatched: 664; Date Started: Feb 17/16).

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Klara
post May 26 2018, 05:50 PM
Post #605

50% SAD, 50% RAD
Group Icon

Member No.: 236 975

Star Children

Identity confusion or does he want a friend?

--------------------

+Quote Post

RicFule
post May 26 2018, 05:56 PM
Post #606

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Tharja @ May 26 2018, 05:50 PM) *

Identity confusion or does he want a friend?

It took me a minute to see what you were getting at. That's funny.

And, by the by, the answer is, "Yes."

@Gryphaena - I've completed 4 out of my 5 for the Achievement. Working on Magma Totodile at the moment. 178 eggs hatched so far, started back on November 30 of 2017.

--------------------
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post May 27 2018, 08:49 PM
Post #607

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Gryphaena @ May 26 2018, 02:19 PM) *
Beeark and Pulian are so very charming! grin.gif

After I finally find a shiny Carbink Allotrope, I think I'll shiny hunt Beeark next!

How are everyone else's Novelty hunts going?

I've hatched 123 Allotrope so far, it's slow going because I want to amass 1,000 Pass Orbs before I spend them on Novelty Power again.

Not well haha. I've managed to complete exactly three so far, have 2 ongoing ones, and have canceled a bunch over the years due to various reasons.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post May 27 2018, 09:16 PM
Post #608

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

A second Roggenmorpha egg is headed towards the Shelter!

Man, I hope no one's coughing hard enough to cause headaches like I am.

Or is producing mucus from the usual holes in the head.

My Ma says to force fluids so I've been drinking bottles of water and expelling my own fluids every thirty minutes.

I can hope that I won't be like this for too many more weeks.

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Catilena1890
post May 27 2018, 10:25 PM
Post #609

The Resident Kitty-Fox
Group Icon

Member No.: 113 861

The Eevee Squad!

*gasp* So these threads haven't died even with the discord!

I just came back after like, 3 years of hiatus. I missed this place.

--------------------

Click the Hydreigon to read my fanfic Lola: An Underdog Story! Alternatively, you can click Delphox to read it's sequel Life, Death, Rebirth!

+Quote Post

Yamper
post May 28 2018, 10:23 AM
Post #610

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Catilena1890 @ May 28 2018, 04:25 AM) *

Not many people actually use the Discord chat. More should though.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Catilena1890
post May 28 2018, 11:56 AM
Post #611

The Resident Kitty-Fox
Group Icon

Member No.: 113 861

The Eevee Squad!

I think it could get overwhelming because people think that a ton of people would be in discord. Like, I'm in some discords for popular youtubers and it's difficult to stand out or get a word in.

Maybe if they hosted events in discord?

--------------------

Click the Hydreigon to read my fanfic Lola: An Underdog Story! Alternatively, you can click Delphox to read it's sequel Life, Death, Rebirth!

+Quote Post

Yamper
post May 28 2018, 04:30 PM
Post #612

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Catilena1890 @ May 28 2018, 05:56 PM) *
I think it could get overwhelming because people think that a ton of people would be in discord. Like, I'm in some discords for popular youtubers and it's difficult to stand out or get a word in.

Maybe if they hosted events in discord?

The discord server is an unofficial part of gpx (the admins don't use it) - it's just there as replacement for the IRC to get with the times. There will be no events there because not everyone uses discord and it would be unfair to do so.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Gigadweeb
post May 29 2018, 05:12 AM
Post #613

The Dragonslayer
Group Icon

Member No.: 44 890

pre-Gen V favs

QUOTE(Catilena1890 @ May 28 2018, 12:55 PM) *

It's honestly kinda amazing we're still around at this point in general. Adoptables trend died like, 6-7 years ago. That's some damn good longevity.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Nivbird
post May 29 2018, 09:47 AM
Post #614

all we gotta do is be brave and be kind~
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 782

QUOTE(Gigadweeb @ May 29 2018, 01:12 PM) *
QUOTE(Catilena1890 @ May 28 2018, 12:55 PM) *

It's honestly kinda amazing we're still around at this point in general. Adoptables trend died like, 6-7 years ago. That's some damn good longevity.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised that this site was still up when I came back after a 6 year hiatus. Granted, it's not nearly as active, but it's still good fun.

--------------------

Shiny collection (click to show)
+Quote Post

Klara
post May 29 2018, 02:05 PM
Post #615

50% SAD, 50% RAD
Group Icon

Member No.: 236 975

Star Children

I think the fact it has lasted this long goes to show GPX did a lot right. They added a lot of interaction (no pun intended) and activities to the site and really set it apart from all the other similar adoptable sites that were rampant back in the day. Not to mention, GPX has always had a pretty good community. Sure, the number of active players has dwindled, and I know I'm guilty of taking year-long hiatuses, but I'm glad GPX is still here. It's fun and cozy.

I made my original account in 2009, and I have fond memories of staying up late that summer, manually clicking on each individual egg, and getting super excited when mine would hatch. And I would give all my Pokémon nicknames and backstories, and those little sprites meant a lot to me. Granted, that account is gone, and I don't have quite the sentimental attachment to my GPX Pokémon now, but I definitely have a sentimental attachment to the site. It's always been a place I could come back to the past 9 years.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post May 30 2018, 01:10 PM
Post #616

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

I can't imagine this site not being available. *eek* I had taken a hiatus a while back and, while I'm not super active, I feel like I am around pretty much. I still enjoy the explorations and thrill of hatching the eggs. I'm not a fan of the high improbability of hatching a shiny during the SWSHs; this months is on track to being the second in a row of failure. But with that said, I like how relaxing GPX is for me. Next week at the office I'm getting a different laptop to use. And the only non work thing I plan to "add" to it is this site because it's a simple download and a wonderful place to relieve work related stress. FaceBook will not be making an appearance on that laptop lol.gif

I'm not sure what this "Discord" thing is all about, but I usually "hang out" on the monthly thread, sometimes over at the "Quick Q&A" area, and the monthly thread showing us what explores there are available. Beyond that I haven't ventured very far on the forums.

I also agree with Tharja's statement about how GPX did something right. The only semi-related website forum I participated on was Animal Crossing Community. I haven't been there in years though! That is more of a full on forum related website and, while I enjoyed it, the game itself hasn't been updated in so long so the website is pretty limited. At least Pokemon games keep being re-made or new ideas are creating new games with Pokemon.

Yesterday my eldest showed me some advert for Pikachu Go! and Eevee Go! I've never wanted to invest in the Nintendo Switch -- UNTIL I saw that advert. Blast it all! Now i have to cut back even more so I can buy the system and get those game(s)!!!

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

RicFule
post May 30 2018, 08:00 PM
Post #617

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Mamanator @ May 30 2018, 01:10 PM) *
Yesterday my eldest showed me some advert for Pikachu Go! and Eevee Go! I've never wanted to invest in the Nintendo Switch -- UNTIL I saw that advert. Blast it all! Now i have to cut back even more so I can buy the system and get those game(s)!!!

I'm hoping to have enough to get the Switch at the end of December. I'm doing the "pull out $1 multiplied by the current week" thing again this year. If'n you don't know what I mean by that, for every week of the year, I pull out of my paycheck $1 per week. So, for the first paycheck of the year, it would be $1, the second $2 would be pulled out, and so on and so forth, with the final paycheck being $52. {I did have $53 one year. Go figure.}

I'm currently sitting on a total of $231 USD. If I'm able to keep it up, by the end of December, I'll have $1,378 sitting around to spend. I'm sure I can find my way into getting a Switch with that, with a game or two. LOL. Also, might end up buying myself a laptop or something. Idaknow about that yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Nivbird
post May 31 2018, 03:15 AM
Post #618

all we gotta do is be brave and be kind~
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 782

This is really silly, but why did i take until now to find out how *convenient* releasing boxes on mobile site is.

--------------------

Shiny collection (click to show)
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post May 31 2018, 10:57 AM
Post #619

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

I took some time out of my day yesterday to watch the trailer for Let's Go as well, and I gotta say it's pretty cute. There's been a fair amount of people on other sites complaining about how the game isn't easily accessible for fans with certain physical disabilities, though.

I'm still not getting a Nintendo Switch, despite my regularly working 15-17 hours I don't actually get paid and have to live off a combination of my parents/whatever money I find in the street or just lying around. Impending finals are stressing me out a bit, simply because I have a fair amount of things that depend on my teachers actually grading them.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post May 31 2018, 02:36 PM
Post #620

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

QUOTE(RicFule @ May 30 2018, 06:00 PM) *
I'm hoping to have enough to get the Switch at the end of December. I'm doing the "pull out $1 multiplied by the current week" thing again this year. If'n you don't know what I mean by that, for every week of the year, I pull out of my paycheck $1 per week. So, for the first paycheck of the year, it would be $1, the second $2 would be pulled out, and so on and so forth, with the final paycheck being $52. {I did have $53 one year. Go figure.}

I'm currently sitting on a total of $231 USD. If I'm able to keep it up, by the end of December, I'll have $1,378 sitting around to spend. I'm sure I can find my way into getting a Switch with that, with a game or two. LOL. Also, might end up buying myself a laptop or something. Idaknow about that yet.

Well dang! When the light bulb pops on over your head and you find yourself thinking: why didn't I think of that? LOL *sad sigh* I don't think I'd wind up with as much as you, if you get paid weekly. I only get paid twice a month, but still. I would like to try that! I suppose I could pull out x dollars based on how many weeks per pay period so that base would be... $2 and then I just double from there, right? I'm definitely going to work that out.

Sadly, both girls need new laptops as well this summer and I sorta kinda promised them before the next school year. But once my Best Buy card is paid off, if work disappoints me with not buying new laptops (I want to glam on that and add in 2 more for me) then I'll go back to Best Buy (or possibly Dell directly) and see what I can do. One year... one year I'll be able to replace my 12 year old laptop. lol.gif

For now I sit and dream about the new Stephen King book, how Audible is not something I can do right now, and how this months SWSHy ends today and I'm over my estimated egg count for a shiny with no luck and no firm belief that I'll hit shine dirt soon. *sad sigh*

I hope everyone else is doing better with their SWSHy.

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

142 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:49 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.