Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
The Night the Moon was Gone, A Night Under the Stars
knil1
post Oct 11 2009, 01:58 PM
Post #1

also known as Duzzel. ^_^
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3 392

Dream Party

Note to RP Grader (click to show)

It was about 2:08 AM while Harrison Gerrard was slowly walking through the decrepit magma building. The building was dark aside from a few sparsely separated lamps hanging from the run-down wooden complex holding what he wanted. The open air flowed throughout the dilapidated complex through holes caused by erosion and wild pokémon. It smelled fresh and wet with a hint of dust. There were also some holes in the ceiling, and by looking through them, Harrison could see the faint glimmer of the stars. The sky was particularly cloudy tonight. A large cloud blocked Harrison’s view of the full moon, but the luminescence of the it made the cloud glow a incandescent purple-blue radiance.

A couple of magma grunts were on the other side of the door, laughing, telling jokes. Harrison looked down at his Gengar, “Ok Topaz, I need you to go in quietly and scare them out the door.” He smiled and motioned for the pokémon to go ahead. Topaz smiled widely, as most Gengars do, turned invisible and walked through the wall. Then Harrison looked at his Sceptile, “Remember Peridot, when they come running out, I’ll get them to chase me while you and Topaz grab the package.” The lizard-like pokémon nodded and hid behind some nearby crates. The crates as worn down as the building and seemed as if they would cave in each other at any moment. “And you Citrine, come with me. If I get caught… well, we can’t have any problems in this mission.” The Houndoom growled softly to let him know the urgency of how this mission must be performed.

There were a couple of yells and the door burst open. Harrison taunted the grunts and started running. Dust and dirt flew into the air with every step. All of the grunts chased after him. The Sceptile quietly crept over the boxes and was making its way to the door. But unbeknownst to the pokémon a box just barely on top of another box it was sitting on had fallen over, causing the grunts to stop and find what was going on. They sent their fire pokémon after the helpless Grass-type and Harrison instantly heard what was going on. He ran back and attacked the grunts who were trying their hardest to beat the defenseless pokémon. Topaz was casting shadow ball on the attacking pokémon and Citrine was biting anything she could.

Soon, more magma grunts came running until all of Harrison’s pokémon were defeated and he was taken hold of.
A woman with curly brown hair, wearing a gray suit and red tie came walking toward the group, with each step making dust rise and fall, giving her a semi-godlike appearance. Harrison was pushed on the ground and all of the Grunts stood quiet. Harrison’s necklace of gems he’d found on his many missions jingled as he impacted the ground. The woman removed her sunglasses and bent down to meet him at eye level,

“How dare you try to steal something of mine. But, I’m glad that it was you who was trying to get it.”

“And I’m glad it was you who found me.” Harrison smiled warmly. It irritated the woman and some of the grunts.
She smiled back, but with a cold, fierce feel to it,

“Well, Mr. Gerrard, your obsession with gems has lead you to your capture. But I must ask, what were you going to do with a fake blue orb?” She laughed quietly and soon it became a maniacal and unsettling.
Harrison’s eyes grew wide. “Fake? How could it be fake?”

“Well, Mr. Gerrard thanks for stopping by. You can stay in our lovely accommodations here.”

“Not at the keep?”

“Well why there? I don’t get to keep you there. No, you’ll be my trophy. And with you here, it might attract better Rebellion agents. Sadly, I won’t be here this week, but I’ll be back. Don’t worry.”

“You’re quite twisted today. Something on your mind?” He smiled again, but in a flirtatious manner.

“No!” She screamed at him. She was red, but definitely not blushing. “I want him thrown in the cell immediately!”

“Ooh, kinky.” He chuckled.

“NOW!!!”

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to everyone, a rebellion member was taking watch over the mission. He jumped on his Pidgeot and flew directly to the Sanctuary.

~~~~~~~~~~

Jened Tenkuu woke up groggily this morning. His pokegear was ringing and Ardaine was barking wildly. “Probably the neighbor needing help with her housework again.” He glanced toward the clock. 8:29, ironically one minute away from the alarm on his clock going off. The ringing subsided and a loud beep allowed Jened to know that a message was left on his pokegear.

He lifted his head slowly and eyed around his room. Nothing out of the ordinary. Caile was sound asleep. Ardaine had already made two full runs around the house.

Jened got up and looked out his window. He could see the glistening water around Noverus. Today it was a bright blue with a calming shade of green. The forest-green and dirt brown mountains emitted an earthy sent that mixed with the clean smell of the water. He looked up to find that clouds covered most of the faded-blue sky above Noverus. He noticed a small group of Hoppip and Skiploom floating just above the city in the warm, and surprisingly dry air.
A group of Aqua Grunts were pouring out of a submarine near a Magma warehouse. They ran in quickly and returned with large boxes. By the time the Submarine had submerged, a Magma grunt had called out to others and they all ran towards the river with the intent of catching them, but it was all in vain. They would receive a call from their boss, be scolded, some even fired, and they would continue their lives.

Jened looked around some more and found a group of Rebels sneaking toward a large magma building. Two stayed out as guards while the rest went inside. Some Magma and Aqua Grunts were battling in a nearby alley. A couple of seemingly Rebellion members were running from a larger group of Aqua Grunts. Jened sighed, “What is the purpose of this really?” Jened began to feel a little lost at the reason behind all of the “unimportant” recovery, sneak attack, retrieval, etc. missions.

Jened casually grabbed Caile and carried him downstairs. He set the pokémon on a pillow on the hard couch and walked over to the kitchen. He grabbed some food and turned the stove on. He sautéed some vegetables and put the mixture in some eggs, which were then fried and served for breakfast. He noticed his Uncle wasn’t home and thought nothing of it. His Uncle was always out in the morning, either with early missions or out getting groceries. Caile growled slightly, wanting some food as well. From the smell of food, Ardaine came running. Their trainer grabbed some food out of the refrigerator and cooked it as well and served it to the two.

There was a knock at the door, so Jened got up and walked over to it. Ardaine quickly lost interest in her food and ran to the door quickly. She panted as the door opened.

“Hey Sol, I have a message for you.”

“Hello Kent. Well, who’s it from?”

“I’m not sure, one of Boscorelli’s special agents received it and said it was for you.”

“What?” Jened took the little device and entered some numbers in it. Letters appeared on the once blank screen. Ardaine leaned against Kent’s legs and waited to be pet. And it was gladly given.

Jened quickly ran upstairs and put some decent clothes on. Kent picked up the message device and randomly entered numbers to see if the message would show. Jened grabbed Caile and the house keys. He was locking the door as Kent was asking what happened. Jened ran toward the Sanctuary with Ardaine and Kent after him.

“My uncle’s being held captive by Magma.” They stopped when in front of the center.

“How can Magma catch such a high-ranking officer? And hey, could you slow down a bit, not everyone’s as fast as you.”

“He was infiltrating a magma base by himself to retrieve an important object.”

“What was it?”

“It doesn’t matter currently, Kent. You are a rebellion messenger and I need you to find two other agents to go with me, I know you don’t like to go on missions.”

“This could all be avoided. Wouldn’t there be a special group made for this mission?"

“As much as I would not like to say, no. He really isn’t all that high up. He’s just got a good reputation, but the Rebellion does have other missions that need to be taken care of. Now do you see anybody you might have heard of or recognize?”

This post has been edited by knil1: Oct 14 2009, 04:28 PM

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Dragon Maiden
post Oct 11 2009, 02:41 PM
Post #2

Secret Superhero
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 071

Dream Team

Adele stared at the bustling streets of the Poor District from her perch in an alleyway. Ninja rubbed against her legs, purring as loudly as a lawnmower, while James watched their surroundings just as intently as Adele. Rain Cloud perched on Adele's head. In most instances, Adele would have shoed the little blue fluff ball off, but she was too intent on what she was looking at to even notice. Now was too important of a moment to worry about such things.

The building that stood before her looked just like any other normal Pokémon Center, but it wasn't. Housed inside was The Sanctuary, the main base of the Rebel headquarters. Her mother had told where to find it, but Adele had not had the guts until this moment to actually approach the place that would seal her future. Go in and get it over with Adele. Do it now or you'll never do it at all. Feeling determination course through her body, Adele took one tentative step out of the alleyways she had been living in for the last few weeks into the street.

Walking slowly, Adele approached the building. As she got closer apprehension twisted her stomach, but she didn't allow that to show on her face. Her face was a cold mask of impassivity. The small bird Pokémon perched on her green baseball cap made a few people stare at her and giggle, but Adele was too focused on the task ahead to notice. James walked by Adele's side staring at the building just like Adele with her cold gem eyes. When Adele reached the foot of the stairs, she suddenly stopped while eyeing the building with a critical eye. "So this is it." she said with a sense of doom in her voice.

James looked from the building to Adele and gave a curt little nod, as if to confirm Adele's statement. Scurrying up Adele's leg and the back of her shirt, James hugged her arms around her trainer's neck and perched there like a toddler on a piggy back ride. Unlike having Rain on her head, Adele didn't mind James piggybacking. The little ghost Pokémon weighed next to nothing and when she looked at someone, her appearance was fierce enough to cause the other person discomfort. Rain on the other hand just made her look like she had a ball of fluff on her head and the little Pokémon wasn't fierce in the least. Rolling her eyes, Adele noted the Ninja had disappeared. It wasn't unlike the cat Pokémon to take off at unexpected moments, but Adele wondered why it had to be now of all times.

Gently picking Rain off her head, the little Pokémon squawked in disdain, but soon started to coo with happiness as Adele held her in her arms. Smiling down at Rain for the briefest moment, Adele felt a twinge of affection for her before her thoughts returned to the task at hand. Letting out one sigh, Adele climbed up the steps of the Pokémon Center and went in the door. Now was the time she would officially become part of the Rebels, at least that was her plan.

--------------------

Avatar and Sprite made by Little Peanut
Epic Avatar made by Asylum Zombie
+Quote Post

knil1
post Oct 11 2009, 04:20 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Dream Party

"Hey, is that?" Kent spoke up after a few minutes of searching for worthy members.
"I think that's Rex's daughter."

"Who?" Jened was a little clueless as to what he was talking about. Indeed there was a girl standing in front of the Sanctuary, but that was all he could tell.

"Rex Rosenthal. He's a member of Team Magma. Although, his current wife is a former member of The Rebellion."

"How do you know all of this?"

"Well, Sol, knowing inormation about any faction makes for a good messenger such as I." He had a smug grin on his face and Jened smiled at his self-absorbed comment.
"But it's strange that she's going in the Sanctuary. You should check it out Sol."

Jened stood up and snapped his fingers, alerting his Growlithe that she needed to be attentive.

He calmly walked over to the Center and waited as the doors noticed his arrival and slowly opened up.
There were many people inside. Jened noticed a few Rebel agents that his Uncle had hung out with, but most of the people there were trainers just hanging out and talking to one another. Ardaine ran from Jened in a burst of excitement and went to visit all of the other pokemon there. Jened cared less and less as he approached the girl.

She was engulfed in black. To Jened, she seemed a little lost, yet anticipated something.

"Do you need any help?" Jened tried to look and sound sincere, but his always present stoicism had pulled through yet again.
Ardaine had eventually found her owner and sat next to him. She stared at the Meowth next to the girl, waiting for an opportunity to jump it and see if it was willing to play.

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Dragon Maiden
post Oct 12 2009, 05:24 PM
Post #4

Secret Superhero
Group Icon

Dream Team

The first clue that Adele had that someone was approaching was Ninja suddenly appearing by her side again even though the Meowth had disappeared only moments ago. The Meowth looked tensed and watchful, ready to run when the approaching person got too close. James poked her on the shoulder and pointed behind her as if to add emphasis to Ninja's reaction. Putting on her cold mask-like face she used around others, Adele whirled around to examine the approaching person.

The boy had black hair that was dyed purple on the ends. He appeared no older then her, perhaps even a bit younger. His face was blank and unreadable; a fact Adele was both happy about and wary of. A person with a face like his was either a very good ally or a dangerous enemy. The question was which he was. Adjusting the brim of her green baseball cap, Adele allowed it to obscure her eyes, just in case he was good at reading people. As some said, eyes are the door to the soul, and Adele didn't want anyone looking into her soul.

When the boy finally approached her, Adele adopted an air of aloofness and uncaring, an air that often scared people away because they thought she was snobbish, although it was really just a well rehearsed act.

"Do you need any help?" The boy asked in a flat emotionless tone.

Ninja hissed at the boy and ran for cover behind the nearest chair, peaking around to watch the boy with wary accusing eyes. Adele was not surprised at the Meowth's reaction. Ninja never did take kindly to strangers or to anyone else for that matter. The only creature Ninja seemed to like was Adele, and yet, sometimes, Adele would notice the Meowth watching her warily with a hint of distrust. Ninja seemed particularly intent on glaring at the Growlithe standing next to the boy, who looked as if it wanted to play. The word play was a foreign concept to Ninja. Rain on the other had cooed happily at the Growlithe before fluttering out of Adele's hands and flitting around the Growlithe's head, cooing her happiness the whole time. A few interested bystanders watched as the Swablu cooed her happiness to the world, and not for the first time, Adele wished Rain was a little less... outgoing.

Turning her attention back to the boy, Adele considered her choices. She had two options in this situation. She could reveal her intentions outright and risk that he may not be sympathetic to the Rebels, or she could lie, which may mean stumbling around for a few more weeks trying to figure out how to locate the Rebels and join. Neither option was very enticing to Adele, but she was sick of the dirt and filth of the streets the most. Risking a clean comfortable jail cell seemed less daunting then spending another night camped out in the streets or an abandoned building. Being homeless was trying Adele's patience to the extreme. She was used to a warm bed at night, not the chill air and danger of the Poor District.

"I'm looking for... something. Perhaps you can point the way." Adele said putting special emphasis on the last word of the first sentence, hoping the message got across clearly.

--------------------

+Quote Post

knil1
post Oct 12 2009, 06:14 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Dream Party

Jened watched as the girl lowered her green cap over her eyes. She was obviously anxious, but know she seemed to be analyzing him under her hat. It didn't comfort Jened at all. He imaturly fought back by analyzing her as he waited for a response.

The girls Swablu flew down to Ardaine, who yipped in joy. She had lost interest in the hissing Meowth. It had, unfortunately attracted a small amount of attention, but if one travels with a pokemon such as Ardaine, you should probably get used to it.

The girl responded to Jened's earlier question,

"I'm looking for... something. Perhaps you can point the way." Jened noticed her stressed something, knowing that she was hinting toward something. If Kent was right and she was Magma, she would be here on the intent of finding the Sanctuary. Then again, if Kent was right, the girl's mother would be a Rebel, allowing Jened to trust her much more than he already was.

She didn't seem much of a threat to him and Jened was in a hurry. She would be here for the Rebellion, of that, Jened had no doubt. But he had no way of knowing that she was "good" or "bad". He made a risky move and pulled out his Rebellion badge.

"Is this what you're looking for?" He muttered in a hushed tone. Some people looked Jened's way and then turned their heads back almost immediately. The Rebellion might punish him for his risky move, but he needed a group.

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Astolfo
post Oct 13 2009, 03:58 PM
Post #6

ohohoho
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 65 392

All Shinies.

Several feet away from the Sanctuary, Melody was staring up at the building in front of her, her eyes burning with curiosity. About an hour ago, the friend who had brought her to the city had brought her straight to this building. Within seconds, he had disappeared again as he studied the building. Feeling slightly abandoned and lost in this great city that she didn't know, Melody thought it was better to stay where she was rather then go anywhere. She was debating whether or not to go into the building and seek help. Deciding that this Pokémon center was probably the most convenient place to gain help, Melody walked straight through the doors. She glanced around seeking someone who looked friendly, when a playful yip startled her right out of her search. Recognizing the sound as Kage, Melody looked down by her side just in time to see Kage bound off.

Oh no

Melody thought as she chased after the growlithe. As Kage stopped in behind and to the side of another growlithe and started licking and nuzzling the other, it became clear that Kage had thought she had found a playful partner. Hitting herself with a mental facepalm, Melody scolded herself for ever letting Kage out of his pokeball. Fortunately Yoru was still in his, which made things infinitely better. She was glad for that at least. It would've been much more hectic for Melody if the Houndour was out and about with Kage. Hoping the other trainer hadn't been offended, Melody quickly encircled the Growlithe with her arms and pulled her back into her arms. She then drew Kage's pokeball from her belt and quickly clicked the button which would capture Kage once again.

Getting off her knee and standing up, Melody methodically brushed off her Grey, tight fitting jeans and looked up at the person who she guessed had owned the other Growlithe. Before she could say anything though; she happened to notice something the person was holding, it looked familiar, but she couldn't quite place it. It was only till she wondered if her friend knew what it was. Then she remembered. It looked familiar because her friend had the same kind of thing. She remembered asking whether or not he was a police officer, jokingly. To her surprise, he had smiled a secret smile and told her that in a special sort of way, he was. This was why her demeanor changed from flustered to curious, and cautious as well. Brushing her bangs out of her eyes, she took a half-step back-wards and glanced quickly at the other person he seemed to be having a conversation with. The girl seemed particularly guarded, Melody noticed, perhaps a bit suspicious of the way she was hiding her eyes. Normal people didn't just go around doing that....so Melody had to assume this person was either a bit shady, or had something to gain from hiding her purpose...

Melody glanced back at the man though, temporarily ignoring the girl; it was after all, her duty to apologize for her Pokémon's interruption.

"I'm sorry, my Growlithe seems a bit...exciteable. I hope I didn't disturb you."

Melody hesitated slightly, before continuing.

"If I might ask...what does that-" Melody nodded at the badge in his hand "-mean?"

--------------------

If you want a banner from me, then PM me, I would happily do it for you happy.gif

Current Party Above!

+Quote Post

Dragon Maiden
post Oct 13 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #7

Secret Superhero
Group Icon

Dream Team

Adele smiled for the briefest moment when the boy showed her the rebellion badge. Any respectable Noverus citizen would recognize it... and what it meant. Finally her time in the streets was paying off, in more then one way. Not only had she been able to track down the Rebellion, but her time as homeless had helped spark the fire of hate for the Magmas inside of her. What kind of government allowed their people to suffer in the dirty alleyways of the Poor District while a privileged few had the opportunity to get the best of the best, just like she had? In this case, Adele had an advantage because she had experienced both worlds.

She was just about to reply to the boy when suddenly a Growlithe came from seemingly nowhere and started playing around with the boy's Growlithe. Adele watched as the new Growlithe licked and nuzzled the boy's Growlithe. She inwardly rolled her eyes at the distraction, although she did not allow her annoyance to become apparent in her manner or her face. As the two Growlithe's played, Rain cooed louder then ever and attempted to land on the Growlithes' heads. Quickly grabbing her playful Swablu before the little bird managed to annoy or accidentally get hurt by one of the much larger Growlithe; Adele listened as Rain cooed sadly and tried to wiggle out of her arms.

A blonde woman then emerged from the crowd and came up next to the Growlithe and said to the boy after returning the Growlithe to its pokeball "I'm sorry, my Growlithe seems a bit...excitable. I hope I didn't disturb you." Adele felt like screaming and saying 'You sure did, you just interrupted one of the most pivotal moments of my life', but she kept her mouth shut and her demeanor calm. Anger would get her nowhere fast.

After a brief hesitation the woman said something else "If I might ask...what does that-" nodding at the badge in his hand "-mean."

Surprise flickered through Adele for a moment. Who wouldn't know the Rebellion's badge unless...

"You're not from around here, are you? If not, I suggest you get out of Noverus while you can or you might get caught up in things you wouldn't want to." Adele said to the woman.

This post has been edited by Dragon Maiden: Oct 13 2009, 10:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

knil1
post Oct 14 2009, 04:50 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Dream Party

Jened was glad to see the girl's reaction. It was a smile, but not one that showed she was a Magma affiliate. Her eyes shone and it made Jened glad. He had found a group member. He was about to speak up as Ardaine was "attacked" by another Growlithe. They played and licked each other, and the sight would have made Jened cry out "aww" if he could.

A woman came after the pokémon and began to speak. She noticed the badge and asked what it was. Jened quickly drew it back into his pocket as some of the crowd began to turn and look in curiosity as well. But soon enough, they cared less and focused back on their lives. Jened realized that the girl with black hair had responded to the new one.

"You're not from around here, are you? If not, I suggest you get out of Noverus while you can or you might get caught up in things you wouldn't want to." Jened was a little surprised at this; he didn't expect her to be so upfront about it. Nonetheless, he couldn't have agreed more. But he had a side to him that never let him upset anyone else unless he found it necessary.

By now people had turned their heads to the three enough times to just shun them from their world by now, and Jened was quite happy about this.

The girl obviously was not from Noverus. Had she been a Magma grunt, no matter the rank, she would've made a scene right then in the center, but she hadn't and he felt compelled to answer her.

"It's a Rebellion Badge," His lips turned slightly upward to show the excitement he was holding in, but it still had the emotionless feel. Jened's pupils then searched the room for people eavesdropping, looking for expressions that showed shock or just alertness, but he saw none. He continued.

"I'm forming a group of Rebel agents; if you're interested follow me." He walked into an empty room made especially for sick pokémon and the occasional Rebel groups. The Nurse Joy stopped him, but she let him pass once she saw the badge he was holding out for her.

Kent realized that he had been left alone and ran inside. He soon found Jened in the room and entered. Jened waited for the two girls to come in, hoping they would.

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Astolfo
post Oct 14 2009, 05:10 PM
Post #9

ohohoho
Group Icon

All Shinies.

Melody glanced towards the girl who seemed rather....uptight. Did she think Melody wasn't able to protect herself? Or just that Melody wasn't worthy of anything? Well Melody would show her, that was dammn sure. When the boy mentioned something about a rebellion, Melody had to wonder why the heck her friend had brought her here. He had to have known about this, rebellion....didn't he? He always talked about that he was fighting for freedom and peoples rights....was this what he had meant? It must have been...and that made Melody even more determined. She owed her friend at least to listen to this guy...and she wanted to prove herself to whoever this tough acting person was. Maybe Melody would never see either of them again...but still...It seemed to Melody that the other girl had somehow challenged her, and Melody was never one to back down from a challenge, especially from another girl. It ran in her genes, the competitiveness. Turning towards the girl on her heel, Melody brushed her bangs out of her eyes again and stood up straighter than she already was. Quite straight indeed.

"I'm sorry. But I don't think I can take your....advice...."

Said Melody, vaguely....haughtily. Then she twirled around sharply and entered the room the man had gone in, her curiosity pulling her in...

"You would be....?"

Melody asked the boy as she stepped in front of him and crossed her arms, a curios and somewhat expectant look on her face.

--------------------

If you want a banner from me, then PM me, I would happily do it for you happy.gif

Current Party Above!

+Quote Post

Dragon Maiden
post Oct 14 2009, 09:43 PM
Post #10

Secret Superhero
Group Icon

Dream Team

Adele followed the boy enthusiastically at the boy’s request. Quickly realizing that Ninja was still behind the chair, Adele turned around and whistled sharply. The Meowth sprang to attention and trotted to her side albeit somewhat reluctantly. Ninja continued to watch the strangers with wary eyes as Adele turned around and continued to follow the boy. When they reached the next room, Adele relaxed somewhat because she no longer had to worry about someone listening in to the conversation; although, she kept her face guarded.

Inside the woman looked at her and said "I'm sorry. But I don't think I can take your....advice...." in a haughty voice. Raising an eyebrow, Adele watched as the woman turned away sharply. Her comment must have offended her somehow, but it hardly mattered. Truth was truth. One couldn't waste time in pretty formalities in a time and place like this; although, Adele admitted to herself the comment was rather abrupt and unheeded. She took note to practice controlling her temper lest it get the better of her again.

The woman said to the boy "You would be...?" in an obvious attempt to ignore her.

Adele didn't mind being ignored in the least. It was actually what she wanted. People who are ignored are the very people who are underestimated and heard things others wouldn't. Whoever decided being ignored was a bad thing obviously hadn't lived in Noverus. The question was a good one too. It was best to know everything about enemies and allies in this large game of chess. One never knew when it might come in handy.

Now James was looking over her shoulder expectantly at the boy. The curious look the Pokémon gave him almost made Adele want to laugh. It seemed James understood the question that had just been asked and expected a satisfying answer. In truth, Adele wondered if James could understand human speech. She often acted like it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

knil1
post Oct 15 2009, 05:08 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Dream Party

Jened sighed thankfully. They had both followed. The older woman turned and looked at Jened,

"You would be....?" Jened was infuriated at this. It seemed to him that she was expecting an answer. It might have been because of how Ms Rosenthal had replied earlier, but that didn't matter. Ardaine yipped when Kent entered the room. He looked around,

"Oh, I see you've already made a group." He smiled warmly.
"Alright Sol, I'll leave you to it. By the way, here's the message." He handed the small machine to Jened and he took it gratefully.

"Thanks Kent, I'll see you later."

"Sure you will," He mocked. He walked off laughing and Jened showed a true smile. Then he looked back at the girls, hoping they weren't too confused. He walked to the room's door and locked it.

"My name is Jened Tenkuu, but I'm usually called Sol. This Growlithe is Ardaine and the Shellder is Caile. I'm on a mission to retrieve my uncle. He was kidnapped by Magma on a recent mission and the Rebellion can't do anything about it." He reached into his pocket and took out the message device he had just put away. Caile opened one eye when he realized that the mission was being introduced.
Sol entered a few numbers on the touch-screen pad and a small map showed up.

"We are currently here, on the eastern side of the suburbs. We need to get here by night." He pointed to the suburb ring again, but it was on the western side of the city.

"This mission will require stealth."
Ardaine smiled and yipped joyfully. She was obviously ready for a mission as such. Caile nudged Sol, showing he wanted to go into his poke ball, which was fine, seeing as how he wouldn't be needed until the base was reached.
Sol did as the Shellder wanted and returned him to his compact home.

"There's a stolen Magma cruiser out back. It's disguised and ready for use. Are you in?"

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Dragon Maiden
post Oct 15 2009, 06:12 PM
Post #12

Secret Superhero
Group Icon

Dream Team

Sol didn't even have to ask the question. Adele had been in since the moment she first set eyes on the Poor District in what seemed a lifetime ago but she said it anyway. "I'm in. I just need a moment to get ready."

Looking down at Rain in her hands, she slowly drew out the Swablu's pokeball. When Rain set eyes upon it, she cooed sadly and looked up at Adele with her large blue eyes. Adele couldn't help smiling at the little Pokémon. Rain brought out the best in her, but unfortunately the little Pokémon was almost worthless when it came to spying and anything of that nature. On a mission she would only be a liability, and so the only way to remedy that was to make sure the little creature wasn't flying about and bothering her in the middle of a crucial moment. "I’m sorry Rain, but you can't stay out. It's best for both you and me to get in the pokeball." The Pokémon continued to coo sadly, but Adele couldn't waste precious time comforting the little Pokémon.

Preparing to press the button, Rain noticed the movement of Adele's fingers and reacted in a split second. Adele watched dumbstruck as Rain wriggled out of her arms and flew around the edge of the room, trying to escape. She had known the little Pokémon disliked the pokeball, but she hadn't known just how much. "Rain, come down. Right now. I don't have time for this." The little Pokémon ignored her and continued to panic. Adele was just beginning to make plans on how to capture the frightened Pokémon when out of nowhere; Ninja jumped up and caught Rain in her mouth.

Adele watched in horror as Ninja looked as if she would swallow Rain. "Ninja, put Rain down right now!" she screeched. Ninja hesitated for the briefest moment and looked as if she would ignore her, but then reluctantly put the little Pokémon down. Adele wished to go and comfort Rain, but now was her chance. The Swablu was still too confused at what had just happened and was sitting there silently. Pressing the button, Adele watched as Rain was enveloped in red light and disappeared. Sighing to herself in relief, she looked at the others. "Sorry about that. Rain is a little hard to handle at times. I have only one more thing I need to do."

Pulling out another pokeball, she let out Inferno in a flash of red light. Smiling, Adele walked up to the Inferno, who was bouncy and full of energy. He kept swiveling his ears in her direction and pawing the ground expectantly. "Not quite yet buddy. I promise if you don't get a good workout tonight, first thing I'll do is ride you tomorrow until you're falling over from exhaustion." Inferno snorted in response and a bit of flame erupted from his nostril and came dangerously close to her clothes. That was one reason she did not often let him out of his pokeball. He was liable to set things on fire, because he was literally on fire, but he was also very large and therefore attracted too much attention. On the opposite end of the spectrum though, keeping him cooped up made him even more jumpy and nervous then usual.

Silently, Adele examined Inferno closely. She always kept him ready for riding. The saddle she used was loosely cinched to his back and the buckles on his bridle were unbuckled. Tightening the girth from the left side, as is tradition, she made sure it was tight enough so that the saddle wouldn't slide if she was riding. As Inferno felt the girth tightening he only got more anxious. It was a symbol to him that he was in for a workout, and there was nothing the spirited ponyta liked better. Patting him on the neck and whispering to him to calm him down, she walked up to his head and spent a moment buckling up the straps. Finally, she went down and felt his legs for any swollen or unusually warm spots that would hint at an injury. When she finished, she nodded her approval and returned Inferno to his pokeball.

She turned to the others and said "Sorry for the wait, but it's always good to have a Pokémon ready in case I need to make a hasty exit."

OOC (click to show)

This post has been edited by Dragon Maiden: Oct 15 2009, 06:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Astolfo
post Oct 16 2009, 07:17 PM
Post #13

ohohoho
Group Icon

All Shinies.

Melody frowned. Sol? Wasn't that some sort of code for the sun? Whatever it was, Melody didn't care. She turned and admired the ponyta that suddenly appeared from the pokeball. She didn't even notice when the Swablu was almost swallowed by the Meowth. Instead, she focused on the boy, and then the ponyta. The little guy was quite cute, and no doubt cuddly. She made a mental note to herself to catch one later.

"Yeah....i'm in too...."

Though she was still a bit aprehensive about the nature of the mission, Melody was sure she would be able to handle the mission; even though stealth was not her fortay, Melody was still able to handle it, of that she was sure.

--------------------

Current Party Above!

+Quote Post

knil1
post Oct 16 2009, 11:19 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Dream Party

"Great." Sol nodded in approval. He had his group and everything was ready to go. He was a bit iffy on how the girl checked her Ponyta just in case she needed to make a "hasty exit". Sol had really hoped that there would be no need for a hasty exit. But then again, hope doesn't keep someone from being caught by Magma. It was good to take precautions.

"Follow me this way." He motioned for the two to follow. He led them to a dark room and with the flick of a switch the room lit up. It had a few transportation vehicles, but it really was only a few. The Rebels can't hold too much in a pokemon center without being caught. Jened grabbed the keys to one of the Cruisers and climbed in. He turned the keys slowly, he was excited for the new mission and it's future outcome.

Fumes filled the room as Sol opened the door out into Noverus. It's fresh air filled in the room, making all of the Carbon Monoxide fumes evacuate into the open world outside. The door opened to a small alleyway located behind the Pokemon Center, thankfully located in the Poor-Suburban district where not much happens. The sun was somewhat in the center of the sky. Sol looked at his pokegear, it was 2:00 PM, much too early to sneak through a Magma building. But he knew it would be around 4:00 when he got there. They could find something to do for the next 3 hours. He hoped.

Ardaine ran out into the street when a group of hoppip drifted overhead. With a snap, she jumped into the Cruiser. Luckily, the cruiser was still it's Red Color and it had the Magma symbol on it. It wouldn't get much attention that way. But by disguise, Sol meant that the Magma liscense plate was removed and a bomb was stuck on the underside of the vehicle. If Magma found it, with the press of a button on its key, there would be no evidence left. He left that little bit of information out.

Jened sat in the front seat, realizing something. As he turned up the engine (which really isn't that loud) he "asked",
"I don't believe I know your names."

This post has been edited by knil1: Oct 16 2009, 11:19 PM

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Dragon Maiden
post Oct 17 2009, 07:34 PM
Post #15

Secret Superhero
Group Icon

Dream Team

Adele followed Sol out the door and examined the stolen Magma car. It was the bright red and orange colors of magma with the logo painted on the side. Adele was more then used to these kinds of cars. Almost every day one would have stopped in front of her old home to meet and discuss important 'business' with her father. More then a few times, Adele had attempted to eavesdrop, but somehow her father always caught her in the act. He would laugh and say "That's my little girl. You're getting better at sneaking by the day, but watch out for the squeaky door hinge. That's what gave you away with this time. Now go to your room and think about your actions." It was always the same. A little praise followed by a bit of advice then the reprimand.

Opening one of the back doors of the car, James nimbly climbed off of her back and stood by her side. Climbing into the car, James followed suit, sitting in the seat next to Adele almost as if she were just another person along for the ride. Ninja was staring curiously at the open door. The Meowth snorted at the car and turned tail and disappeared. Adele wasn't concerned that the Meowth decided to take off on her own. Ninja had her own ways of getting where she wanted without the aide of a car, and Adele was almost certain she would find Ninja awaiting them at their destination. She often wondered about the Alley Meowths mysterious disappearances and how she managed to maneuver around the city so quickly, but she had never learned. Adele had come to the point she accepted the fact with quiet reserve.

Closing the door, Adele settled into the back seat of the car as Sol made his way into the car too. Aradaine soon jumped in by her master's side. Reaching over, Adele buckled up her seat belt. Looking over at James, the Pokémon looked back at her with silent appraisement for a moment before shaking her head no. Adele nodded in agreement to the ghost Pokémon. There was no need for her to buckle up. If an accident did occur, she could phase right through the wreckage with no fear of becoming injured.

At that moment Sol said "I don't believe I know your names."

Adele had hoped to avoid this question because her last name was a curse when it came to the rebellion. If word came out she was a Rosenthal, daughter of a betrayer and a Magma member, well things wouldn't be looking good for her. She was sure more then one person in the rebellion would recognize the last name.

"Adele." she replied, hoping he wouldn't notice the lack of a last name. "My Pokémon’s names are James the Sableye, Ninja the Meowth, Rain Cloud the Swablu, and Inferno the Ponyta."

--------------------

+Quote Post

Astolfo
post Oct 18 2009, 08:46 AM
Post #16

ohohoho
Group Icon

All Shinies.

Melody squirmed herself into passenger side of the door, not quite enjoying the whole jeep look the magma cruiser had, and not enjoying being in the car with two strangers at all. It felt like she was hitchiking a ride from two shady characters. Which probably wasn't to far off the mark, since these two certainly seemed a bit shady in Melody's eyes.

But for better or for worse, Melody had thrown in with them, and she couldn't really backdown now, it would be against her 'code' of ethics. Having heard the question about names, Melody glanced back as the girl answered with only one name, assumably her first. Lack of ettiquete? Melody didn't intend to be taken for a slob, so she glanced back at James, and with a half-hearted smile said her name;

"Melody Prance is my name. Yoru is my Houndour, and Kage is the growlithe you saw earlier"

--------------------

Current Party Above!

+Quote Post

knil1
post Oct 18 2009, 10:59 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Dream Party

"Ok then." Jened revved up the engine and sped out into the alley ahead. Jened noticed how Adele had only given her first name, and Jened knew precisely why. If the daughter of a Magma agent was working with Rebels, she had the right to be a little secretive. But with that comes lack of trust amongst her teammates. But Jened trusted her all the same. It had been really difficult not to refer to her as Rosenthal, but in doing so, it might lead to conflicts in the group, so he veered away from that decision.

Sol swerved in and out between alleys, honking the horn when he neared pedestrians, going at speeds around 60 mph. He hated putting their lives in danger, but a Magma never stopped, unless, of course, Tyson or Whitney was in their path. Those would lead to some unfavorable circumstances if one had kept going.
After a couple of minutes, the group was in the Suburbs. The house sizes never ceased to amaze Sol, who lived in a small apartment with his uncle.

Ardaine had done as all dog like pokémon and stuck her head out the window. Even though the Cruiser was pretty much a mixture of a Go-Kart and a really small car, it would be hard to avoid air rushing around the hood-less car. But it seemed innate that a dog would lean over the door and feel the rush of wind that only a percentage of pokémon could participate in.

She yipped loudly, yet it was just above inaudible due to the force of wind being beaten against the Cruiser. She noticed Groudon's Thumb, a seemingly megalith amongst the other tiny buildings in the surrounding vicinity. Sol took a Sharp turn away from the Thumb. It would be strange for a Magma vehicle without a license plate to drive by Magma's main base.

Within 2 hours they got close enough to the Magma base to where Sol stopped and jumped out of the vehicle. His hair was as "volumized" as it could get from the rush of wind, so he pulled it back and put it in a small ponytail. His right eye wasn't used to the sun due to it being covered by his hair all the time, but it adjusted quickly.
He hoped that Adele and Melody's trip wasn't to excruciatingly long or painful. The jerkiness of said vehicle is bound to stir up someone on their first ride. But there were those who could withstand it well enough.

"We have to walk from here." Ardaine happily jumped out of the car and ran ahead of the group. They were about a half a mile away. Jened could see the dilapidated building from where he was standing and saw that it was larger than expected. But was he noticed next was how run-down it looked. He hoped that upon entry it wouldn't collapse and cave in on the group and his Uncle.

"I don't think it would be good if a Cruiser pulled up to the base, it would attract too much attention."

This post has been edited by knil1: Oct 18 2009, 11:03 AM

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Dragon Maiden
post Oct 18 2009, 06:08 PM
Post #18

Secret Superhero
Group Icon

Dream Team

The jerkiness of the wild ride left Adele a little nauseas, but she managed not to throw up all over the back seat of the car. Instead, she concentrated on how James kept on falling over or slipping on the seat every time Sol made a crazy turn. It took all her concentration not to fall into a fir of giggles every time James slipped or fell. The Sableye simply kept returning to her seat as if nothing at all strange had happened. Adele now knew why Ninja had preferred to make her own way instead of riding in the car. The ride was a rather jerky and unpleasant one.

Ninja

Meanwhile, as Adele and James tried to survive their wild ride, Ninja was stalking the streets of Noverus with practiced efficiency. She knew all the best hiding places and short cuts. The city was her playground and she played it as well as any alley Meowth possibly could. Although she technically was no longer an alley Meowth, she still felt as if she was. Adele may be her partner and friend, but the streets were her family.

Long ago she had arrived at the location the-boy-with-the-annoying-Growlithe had mentioned. The old-falling-apart-building smelled of mildew and damp to Ninja's sensitive nostrils. The old-falling-apart-building was not nearly as pleasant as shiny-entrancing-objects-to-collect that Ninja usually spent her free time taking and hiding. Even now, Ninja was warily watching a woman coming down the sidewalk with a golden necklace sticking out of her purse.

Flicking her tail, Ninja decided she might as well have some fun while her slow-two-legged-friend-partner made her way towards the old-falling-apart-building with ugly-tough-sparkly-eyed-Sableye, sensitive-crybaby-looks-tasty-Swablu, and fast-four-legged-fiery-Ponyta. Slowly following the woman, Ninja wondered how best to extract the-bright-shiny-entrancing-object from her purse. The-bright-shiny-entrancing-object looked somewhat like ugly-tough-sparkly-eyed-Sableye's eyes. Ninja wished for a moment she could take ugly-tough-sparkly-eyed-Sableye's shiny-jewel-eyes but unfortunately they were attached to ugly-tough-sparkly-eyed-Sableye's face. Ninja moved closer and went in to take the necklace from the woman's purse.

Adele

When the car finally stopped, Adele couldn't have been happier. Sol's statement that they should walk was more then fine with her. Her stomach was rolling and if they continued driving for any longer she wasn't sure the vomit building in her throat would stay there. Opening the door as fast as could, Adele jumped out. James followed her, giving her a concerned look. Looking right back down, she rolled her eyes and patted James's head, her way of saying, 'Don't worry, I'll be fine.' and it was true. Since she had gotten out of the car her stomach already was starting to feel better.

Looking up, she watched as Ninja came out of an alleyway looking triumphant. She held a gold necklace in her mouth with a jewel on it that looked like James's blue jewel like eye. Ninja gave her a fleeting look before disappearing back into the alleyway. She returned a moment later, her mouth completely empty. Adele was certain Ninja had hidden the necklace. The Meowth trotted up to her side and purred. Adele didn't even take the time to reprimand Ninja. Ninja would never stop stealing shiny objects no matter how Adele tried.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Astolfo
post Oct 24 2009, 09:53 AM
Post #19

ohohoho
Group Icon

All Shinies.

During the ride, Melody tried her best to hold onto the door handle, thoroughly hating the experience of being in such a confined space, especially with the car turning so sharply. The ride was so rocky that by the time they got to where they stopped, Melody immediately opened the door and dashed from the car; she then proceeded to throw up on the sidewalk. Deciding she was just fine with walking, Melody stood up and smoothed out her top, brushing off her jeans. She then glanced around, a slight blush coming in embarrasment as she realised she had just thrown up in public. Gathering her self, she glanced around and walked after Sol.

"Shall we get started?"

Taking a moment to compose herself, Melody drew a pokeball from her belt and let the said pokeball drop out of her hand, a flash of light and a moment later, Kage was sitting next to her. Melody attached the pokeball back onto her belt as she focused on Sol.

"I think we should scout out the building before we try and rescue your uncle. That way we can get in and out quickly without any bumps in the road. We can use our Growlithes to scout out together, that way it'll be quicker."

This post has been edited by Zarkan: Oct 24 2009, 09:55 AM

--------------------

Current Party Above!

+Quote Post

knil1
post Oct 24 2009, 11:11 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Dream Party

Jened watched as the two furiously jumped out of the car and one of them proceeding to throw up.
He wasn't too shocked. He actually threw up on his first ride on a cruiser, but the second time it was much easier to get used to. Adele's meowth had mysteriously shown up right once everyone was out of the vehicle. Sol couldn't think of any ways that it had actually shown up before them, but that's a pokemon for you.

Melody released Kage, "I think we should scout out the building before we try and rescue your uncle. That way we can get in and out quickly without any bumps in the road. We can use our Growlithes to scout out together, that way it'll be quicker."

"Alright, but we can't get caught. We'll try and stay as hidden as possible until night. Then we will enter the base."
Ardaine ran over to the other Growlithe and they rolled around yipping and licking each other. Jened grinned. It's hard not to smile at something as adorable as that.

They walked over to the base and sat down near some crates. "Ardaine, go walk around in there. Just be sure not to be caught."
The building seemed to be infested with wild pokemon that aided in the erosion of the building. Jened pulled out his pokegear. It was now 4:06. He had to wait another hour or so before it could get dark enough to enter.

Jened sneaked about the outside of the complex, looking for any secret entries or anything generally secret-looking. He remembered the call he got this morning and decided to check it. It was, in fact, his uncle.

"Jened," his uncle whispered in a hushed tone,
"I'm inside of a agma base on the western side of the city. Whitney was here earlier, so be careful when you're coming to retrieve me." Jened was shocked to hear that Whitney was mentioned and hoped he didn't have to cross paths with her so soon. But he was settled down when he heard that his uncle expected to be freed.
"Whitney said she'll be gone for a week, so you should be ok. In the complex there are two floors and around 173 rooms. I heard this from a grunt. I'm in room 153. But my pokemon are in room 102. I need you to get my pokemon first, if anything. Then come and find me. I'm locked in a cell and somewhere in the complex is a grunt with the key. He said that his shift would be in halway 21. Be careful when coming though. The building is very maze-like with no set organization."

Then another voice sounded through the gear,

"What are you doing?" Then there was the fuzzy sound and then "Press 1 to hear again."

Jened flipped it close and starting to think up of ways to retrieve his uncle.

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:35 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.