Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Endless Possibilities
Kayrinda
post Jun 2 2014, 03:03 AM
Post #21

The White Star-Wolf
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 184 437

Favorites

Hello, I hope I can still join? grin.gif

Team Starfire (click to show)

--------------------
-not a native English speaker
-Geek 4 life
-lunta-ja-salmiakkia.tumblr.com
-always ready to RP
-if my post is short I am in hurry/writing with phone, so please excuse me if this happens happy.gif
-I'll be without a computer until August, so I'll be replying with my.phone
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Metal Sonic
post Jun 2 2014, 11:42 AM
Post #22

Strange, isn't it?!
Group Icon

Member No.: 166 628

Evil Army

Accepted!

--------------------

Made by Squeegie!

DarkPikachu732> Metal Sonic

My Pokesona, made by Andreuzu.

Made by Mercutio!

Pokemon Arts (click to show)

Made by AmazingGrace1314

Rayquaza, one of my favorate pokemons in a banner, made by Quomimi

Groups I'm in. (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

RP! (click to show)
+Quote Post

ChaosHatsune
post Jun 2 2014, 01:32 PM
Post #23

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 171 487

Active Squad

QUOTE(DarkPikachu732 @ Jun 1 2014, 11:46 PM) *
Bonnie Clyde, you are accepted!

And ChaosHatsune, I read your reply, you can do the role of Clefable.

Thank you, DarkPickachu732. I'll be writing my post right away.

--------------------

Name: Giratina
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
+Quote Post

Soren Pixels
post Jun 4 2014, 01:14 AM
Post #24

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 219 827

Retroactive

Team Name: Team Exile
Good or bad team?: Neutral, if allowed, otherwise good.

Name: Alucio
Species: Winter Ninetales
Personality: child-like; eager; quite the follower; he acts dumb, but he's smarter than he looks.
Appearance: Your standard Winter Ninetales, except with Gray Eyes. Wears a red band on his left foreleg
Moves: Flamethrower, Flare Blitz, Recover, Protect
What Guild are you in?: None; if not allowed, then Fairytale.
Password: kamina.gif

Name: Alpha
Species: Eevee
Personality: An elder brother/mentor figure, and team leader. Bold, but not without his limits. Always searching for new knowledge.
Appearance: Your average Eevee, though there are some silver hairs here and there.
Moves: Thrash, Swift, Hyper Beam, Recover
What Guild are you in?: Same as Alucio
Password: kamina.gif

--------------------
GPX+ Team:

Team Exile:
Alpha and Alucio

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Metal Sonic
post Jun 4 2014, 01:15 AM
Post #25

Strange, isn't it?!
Group Icon

Evil Army

Accepted!

--------------------

Made by Squeegie!

Made by Mercutio!

Made by AmazingGrace1314

Credits (click to show)

RP! (click to show)
+Quote Post

Mercutio3
post Jun 4 2014, 05:41 AM
Post #26

The third and only!
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 656

Kiwis

DarkPikachu, I'm waiting on you right now, since both my teams are at the top of Apple Woods, and Team Illusion is the only other one there. The actions Team Subterfuge take next will depend on whether or not your team goes for the Perfect Apples (and falls into the trap).

(Edited so I wouldn't double-post): Also, I'm a little confused on timelines. Can we assume that now everybody is on the same day? Some people mentioned the day changing over, but I'm pretty sure everybody at/going to Apple Woods is still on Day One... so did the other teams start a day early? I just want to make sure we're all on the same page... XP

This post has been edited by Aberrant Mercutio: Jun 4 2014, 08:00 AM

--------------------

Credits!! (click to show)
+Quote Post

Quomimi
post Jun 4 2014, 12:38 PM
Post #27

Nerd
Group Icon

Member No.: 101 034

Babys <3

Ummm, hi there! happy.gif I am the friend that Sarah (Aberrant Mercurio) contacted. Would you mind if I joined?
+Quote Post

Soren Pixels
post Jun 4 2014, 10:07 PM
Post #28

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Retroactive

@Abberant: I have to agree. we need to get some OoC discussion going on to figure out where everyone's going, and what the actual timeline is.

In fact, I vote that Dark, or somebody reliable, be put in charge of maintaining the day/night cycle of the RP. It gets confusing when anybody can change days at any time, without any reliable sense of date. We don't seem to have a calender, or idea what day it is.

We need to get our stories thus far straightened out among one another, so we can plan team meet-ups accordingly, instead of waiting to see if someone replies, and goes along with your idea.

tl;dr: we need to set a timeline, and get ourselves straightened out temporally.

@Quomimi: I don't see any reason why not, there haven't been any denied submissions yet. Just go to the first page in this thread, and copy/paste the sign-up template and fill it out in a response. At least, that's what I did.

--------------------
GPX+ Team:

Team Exile:
Alpha and Alucio

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post Jun 4 2014, 11:30 PM
Post #29

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

Well, Team Virtex is currently at Midnight Forest, along with Bonnie Clyde's Team Knave. I feel that maybe we should have some form of timeline? I usually think about what my team's going to do next a while before I actually post. I feel like a timeline might screw everything over.

:Edit:
Perhaps we can have one member from each team keep a journal? (I see Abby as that type anyway)

This post has been edited by The Majestic Mr L: Jun 4 2014, 11:32 PM

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

Metal Sonic
post Jun 4 2014, 11:40 PM
Post #30

Strange, isn't it?!
Group Icon

Evil Army

Quomimi, you can join if you want.

The Majestic Mr L, you can do a timeline if you want.

--------------------

Made by Squeegie!

Made by Mercutio!

Made by AmazingGrace1314

Credits (click to show)

RP! (click to show)
+Quote Post

Soren Pixels
post Jun 5 2014, 12:34 AM
Post #31

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Retroactive

I think the biggest thing we need right now is some sort of goal.

By this, I mean, why are we RPing? is there some sort of central plotline that may eventually rear it's head, that we all may have a part to play in? Are we all just doing our own thing, kinda making it up as we go?

The bigger question should be, Why did you start this RP, Dark Pikachu? Why should people join it? What's the reason for posting and continuing on with our teams' journeys? Just to help our writing skills? To maybe make new friends?

Most RPs that I've seen have some kinda overarching backstory to it all. Right now, this one seems kinda like it's just "Here's the world from Gen 2 of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Here are some new guilds. Do whatever you feel like with it." And I'm not particularly good with complete narrative freedom. I need some kinda guidelines.

Eh, sorry for the sorta-rant. I'm just really confused as to what we're doing with this RP and what we're working toward.

--------------------
GPX+ Team:

Team Exile:
Alpha and Alucio

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Metal Sonic
post Jun 5 2014, 01:01 AM
Post #32

Strange, isn't it?!
Group Icon

Evil Army

Hmm... Come to think of it, this really does need a plot. I got one! 5 very strong Outlaws are trying to get their hands on the Seven Treasures (From PMD: Explorers of Time and Darkness. (Also appeared in Sky)) And kidnapping the all Legendarys with them.

Top Ranked Outlaws
WARNING: Very strong!

Captain Rhyperior
He has like a pirate accent and he usually like stealing rare things like Shiny Pokemon.

Prince Gallade
Also as known as the Prince of thieves. He seems to beat the Legendary first then steal the treasure.

Macho Pangoro
Strong for holding big legendarys like Groundon.

Swift Hawlucha
Very fast, the leaders right hand guy.

Darkrai
Yes, Darkrai has come back but this time as a outlaw, much stronger than before.

So, what do you think, pretty good idea, do you think?

This post has been edited by DarkPikachu732: Jun 6 2014, 02:23 AM

--------------------

Made by Squeegie!

Made by Mercutio!

Made by AmazingGrace1314

Credits (click to show)

RP! (click to show)
+Quote Post

Metal Sonic
post Jun 5 2014, 01:02 AM
Post #33

Strange, isn't it?!
Group Icon

Evil Army

Go away, double posts! shakefist.gif

This post has been edited by DarkPikachu732: Jun 5 2014, 01:02 AM

--------------------

Made by Squeegie!

Made by Mercutio!

Made by AmazingGrace1314

Credits (click to show)

RP! (click to show)
+Quote Post

The Shadow
post Jun 5 2014, 01:36 AM
Post #34

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 425

My Dream Team

I like this outlaw goal as it ties into the Aquatic-exclusive quest of Blastoise has gone missing (which after Team Royal Flush finishes their current mission they will be gathering members for). If you guys want I could have Royal Flush recruit some of your teams. Keep in mind, though, that Team Royal Flush is an extremely well trained team. They could be top team at most elite guilds, so the selections they will make will be elite teams as well with them on top.

That being said I would like to see who would care to join on this journey (which will start after the whole "Apple Woods" thing.) If you're interested PM me and we can see what I can do (provide a copy of your team's signup sheet)

--------------------

Wanna dance? (click to show)
+Quote Post

Mercutio3
post Jun 5 2014, 07:43 AM
Post #35

The third and only!
Group Icon

Kiwis

Actually, I feel like the lack of a central plot at the beginning is simply the nature of this RolePlay. I don't think we should rush into some major plot that drowns out everything else.

Also, no offense, but I think we should have something more unique than simply "very strong outlaws stealing time gears omj" as our final main plot.

Basically, what I'm saying is that we should all go about our current missions in the usual nature, maybe get a better feel for our characters and have some of the teams establish relationships of some kind with each other, and then (as a collective group, not just one or two or three), go into a major plot that involves all of us on something we can all agree on. With roleplays, I personally like it better when everything feels natural instead of planning everything out so much that there's no real surprize left.

In regards to timelines, I guess we can assume the Apple Woods episode is a day or so behind everybody else. That mission should be finishing soon, however. I'm probably going to just have my teams rest for the remainder of the day as opposed to going on other missions after this one to speed things up.

This is just how I'm viewing things now, but it's not like I'm necessarily opposed to anything right now. I just think maybe we should wait a little before we bring it all in.

EDIT: Also, Shadow's post reminded me... another thing I worry about is power balance. SUBTERFUGE is a decent team- I like to think of them as the best a team can be without being "the best". They're not elite, just really good. R3NEGADE is mixed. September is good, but she's a beginner, and nowhere even close to elite. Raggedy is a bit stronger than her. Thorn might be able to make it elite, simply because Thorn got to travel with a trainer thoughout the regions, getting plenty of experience. However, Thorn only joined temporarily, and will probably leave midway though the RP. Meanwhile, teams like Royal Flush, Virtex, and Knave are elite enough to take on legends, no sweat (that's the impression I've gotten, at least). And then there's SenatorS, a team that has just started out. While you all could argue there were no rules about this, I didn't know that there would be so many teams that were going to be so high in rank. I'm wondering if there's a way to balance this out to make it a little more fair. I'm not knocking your teams or anything, I'm just wondering if this could be a little more fair. After all, it's no fun if I already know in advance that my teams have little to no chance of victory (and I'll bet SenatorS feels the same). sweat.gif

PS: I'm in school and I need to go to math now, so I'll try to do my next RP post during lunch. Sorry for the wait!

This post has been edited by Aberrant Mercutio: Jun 5 2014, 07:58 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Bonnie Clyde
post Jun 5 2014, 12:31 PM
Post #36

You're filled with DETERMINATION
Group Icon

Member No.: 120 895

Faves <3

I agree with not starting out a big plot quite yet. I think we should talk about what the plot should be while we continue separate stories with the occasional intertwining of them. This would let some teams get more experience and become a little stronger. Also, I don't think that a timeline is much of a big deal. Maybe we could just assume that if the last post for two different teams or more are in the same place, then they are there at the same time. I mean, there may seem like more days for certain teams going by, but I just don't see that as having to make sense (but that's just my opinion).

Then for the strength of teams, if we do decide to do a plot that contains a really strong person or group, then I don't think we have to make the teams that are lower-ranked battle them. We can probably make them contribute to the plot in a different way. For example, if we go with the plot that DarkPikachu came up with, then maybe we can have the not-as-strong teams go out and talk to some of the Legendaries and try to warn them that there are people after the Seven Treasures and them. Then they can try to get the Legendaries and the Seven Treasures somewhere safe and let the other teams duke it out with the outlaws. Maybe they can also spread the word to other Exploration Teams to get them to help out with fighting the outlaws.

Sorry if something doesn't really make sense, I'm not very good at explaining things sometimes.

--------------------
[align=center]

[spoiler=][/spoiler]

CHAOS CONTROL[/align]
+Quote Post

Metal Sonic
post Jun 5 2014, 12:38 PM
Post #37

Strange, isn't it?!
Group Icon

Evil Army

Thank you Bonnie Clyde for the next bit of the plot.

--------------------

Made by Squeegie!

Made by Mercutio!

Made by AmazingGrace1314

Credits (click to show)

RP! (click to show)
+Quote Post

Mercutio3
post Jun 5 2014, 03:35 PM
Post #38

The third and only!
Group Icon

Kiwis

I see your point about the time not being a problem... yeah, you're probably right.

And I can see the compromise, except just going around talking to Pokemon all the time isn't very fun, and I'm sure there will be plots in which a battle between teams is inevitable. The whole point of Pokemon in general (not just PMD) is battling, so not doing that really limits the "Endless Possibilities".

I just had an idea! What if we had a mission (probably involving at least half of the teams or more?) in which the levels would be temporarily altered? Like maybe a Zero Island type of deal, or...

Something like this. A "bad" team (maybe Team Subterfuge or Team Knave, since they're the only bad or even remotely wanted playable teams) tries to seek out Celebi or Dialga for a trip in time. The other involved teams would then find out and surround said "bad team" and the legendary. The legendary would panic so much it would cause a distortion in time. This distortion would take the form of some nearby Pokemon being reverted to their past selves, and maybe others transformed into future selves. For random examples, perhaps Thorn would turn back into a Budew/Roselia, or maybe Clive would be a Persian, and so on. Or already young ones could be younger, and already experienced ones could become even older. This way, we could have at least one mission in which the usual teams are shaken up. I'm not saying elite teams would automatically all be beginners again, or beginners would automatically become elite- I'm saying it would be different for every individual Pokemon. But nobody would stay the exact same. Also, they would all go to different points in their timelines- as in, one might revert back to how they were mere months ago, another one could go back years, etc. This ripple would probably affect every Pokemon, even if they're not around, but only the ones physically near the legendary during the distortion would have this effect. Pokemon not physically around could have other effects- random ideas could be slight discoloration, scars that they didn't actually get yet, remembering old memories, etc.

Just a thought.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Bonnie Clyde
post Jun 5 2014, 03:54 PM
Post #39

You're filled with DETERMINATION
Group Icon

Member No.: 120 895

Faves <3

That sounds like an interesting idea. Then maybe once that happens, the teams work together to try to fix it and have them go back to there regular selves. Although, I'm not sure how it would be fixed. Maybe they try to find Dialga or Celebi again to try to get everything back to normal.

Also, I can see Team Knave being the type as searching for Dialga or Celebi to get a ride through time (also the type that doesn't really think of the consequences of things, as they could easily get stuck in the future or past). I think they would most likely go for Celebi, as Dialga is stronger than Celebi. Plus Celebi seems like it would be the kind of Pokemon that would panic, and Dialga doesn't.

--------------------
[align=center]

[spoiler=][/spoiler]

CHAOS CONTROL[/align]
+Quote Post

Soren Pixels
post Jun 5 2014, 04:05 PM
Post #40

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Retroactive

I agree that does sound rather interesting, but how will we set it up? We need some contrivance that will get all the teams together.

Perhaps this would take place after all the teams come to know one another in some way? That would require some other plot/plot device just to get everyone together. But how would they all react to one another? Especially when we have like 3 Lucarios and 2 Eevees and such?

I'm not saying we have to plan out every single little detail, as you're right, that would kill the fun and structure of the RP. However, some kinda backbone would be nice, just so we can get everyone on the right page.

--------------------
GPX+ Team:

Team Exile:
Alpha and Alucio

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:31 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.