Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Craziest Experience You've Had in HG/SS
BazookaNeon
post Feb 11 2011, 03:48 PM
Post #1

Itsa Bazooka!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 124 160

Active Squad

Ever had a moment where you want to throw your DS into a wall? Or maybe caused your jaw to drop in a amazement? A moment where you started screaming in pure joy or anger? Maybe even go "Did I just do that?" Explain them here.

My craziest moment? This:
It was back in mid-summer. I was multitasking, playing my Soulsilver and on the Laptop at the same time. I was on the quest to capture Groudon at the Embedded Tower.
Out of boredum, I decided to try and see if I could get a shiny, although I highly doubted it. After resetting my game about 2-3 times, I turn my head on the computer and type something, and as I look over my shoulder...
There was a golden Groudon right splat on the screen.
Although I didn't scream, I was desperate to have it. Unfortenately, I was saving my Master Ball for Mewtwo..so..
I fetched out my Moltres, which was about a few levels lower, and considering the fact I was thinking that a fire-type wouldn't be very effected, but just enough to get Groudon in the yellows or reds, I threw a Flamethrower at it.
Much to my dismay, it fainted in one hit.

Ah...that day was...so enerving. I've forever hated my Moltres since...T3T

--------------------

"HEY! Quit standing around, kid! The Ocean King is in trouble! Ship out, kid! Anchors aweigh! I said, MOVE IT!"
-Linebeck, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Feb 11 2011, 04:00 PM
Post #2

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

My battle against Lance. Took a million retries, but eventually my X-Defend (changing a 2HKO to a 3HKO) -> Hyper Potion -> Hypnosis -> X-Speed x3 (to outrun EVERYTHING on his team) -> X-Special x6 -> repeat steps 2 and 3 as necessary took hours to do. Gyarados and his Waterfall and Hypnosis' 60% accuracy really kicked my ass more than anything else, and I had a Gengar vs Houndoom match-up in this elite four session.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Galactic Boss Cy...
post Feb 13 2011, 07:07 PM
Post #3

Ruler of the universe in 3.. 2..
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 367

Platinum

This wasn't really good or bad, but it was certainly weird.. I was on Mt. Silver with my Sudowoodo, and turned to talk to it. It did that shaky thing and said "SUDOWOODO seems to be afraid of something!" (Or something along those lines.) I thought, pshh, stupid Sudowoodo, there's nothing to be afraid of out here... and at that very moment, a large spider darted across my DS screen. Naturally, I was really startled, and then, once I had killed the spider and recovered from the creepy feeling you get when a spider appears out of nowhere, I decided that the Sudowoodo was psychic and needed to be treated specially. So, he's one of the six Pokemon I traded to safety before restarting HG (which is saying something, because I also had transferred everything from my old LeafGreen there).

--------------------
+Quote Post

MrFuckUp
post Feb 13 2011, 07:13 PM
Post #4

breathe
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 80 019

team rocket

Fighting Lance with a level 38 Noctowl that sucked like hell.
Catching Latios and Suicune in Pokeballs.
Losing my Red Gyarados even though I did not release or trade it away.
Figuring out the Safari Zone.

This post has been edited by Merchant: Feb 13 2011, 07:14 PM

--------------------
"something will go here"

+Quote Post

Nasra
post Feb 14 2011, 04:57 PM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 087

Team Shiny

QUOTE(Galactic Boss Cyrus @ Feb 13 2011, 07:07 PM) *
This wasn't really good or bad, but it was certainly weird.. I was on Mt. Silver with my Sudowoodo, and turned to talk to it. It did that shaky thing and said "SUDOWOODO seems to be afraid of something!" (Or something along those lines.) I thought, pshh, stupid Sudowoodo, there's nothing to be afraid of out here... and at that very moment, a large spider darted across my DS screen.

Ha. I love that.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Some Person
post Feb 15 2011, 08:33 AM
Post #6

Don't let me detain you...
Group Icon

Member No.: 127 207

Vetinari's Terriers

My great big Safari catching spree- I never caught anything in Original Silver, then caught about nine pokemon in my first session on the Zone in SS... Very odd, but good.

Also, actually catching that dem Red Garydos.

--------------------
"The world spins on pain. I realised that if there is a supreme power, then it is our duty to become it's moral superior." -Lord Havelock Vetinari, Patrician of Ankh-Morpork

"The sentient may perceive and love the universe, but the universe may not perceive and love the sentient. The universe sees no distinction between the multitude of creatures and elements which comprise it. All are equal. None is favored. The universe, equipped with nothing but the materials and the power of creation, continues to create: something of this, something of that. It cannot control what it creates and it cannot, it seems, be controlled by its creations (though a few might deceive themselves otherwise). Those who curse the workings of the universe curse that which is deaf. Those who strike out at those workings fight that which is inviolate. Those who shake their fists, shake their fists at blind stars."- Michael Moorcock, author.
+Quote Post

Alaya
post Feb 16 2011, 09:55 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 64 898

My favorites!

Just the other day I stumbled across a shiny Hoothoot and I caught it! It's the first shiny pokemon I've EVER seen in game. I named her Ke$ha because of the eye markings grin.gif

--------------------

Please help me get Prinplup to level 50!

+Quote Post

SaphireShadows
post Feb 16 2011, 09:59 PM
Post #8

It's a Diiiinosaurus Line!
Group Icon

Member No.: 101 714

PANE Pokemon

I was playing SS and surfing the 'net at the same time once. I turned to my Gardevoir, Mai, and talked to her. It said "Mai is jumping for joy!" Y'know, it's a normal action, so I was like "okay, cool", then I checked my account at the college's website that I applied to. It said, "Congratulations! You've been accepted!"

I jumped off the couch and screamed, "YES, THANK YOU!" So, my Gardevoir basically celebrated for me before I even knew I was accepted! x)

--------------------
PANE/Uprising (click to show)

Credits/Stalkin (click to show)

"I must be missing something here-" "Yes, a bloody sense of humor!"
+Quote Post

The Corrosion
post Feb 16 2011, 10:07 PM
Post #9

I think I just ate a chicken bone.
Group Icon

Member No.: 71 850

HG Party

Having my CROBAT roar. It said: "CROBAT let out a mighty roar!"

--------------------
Why do n00bs exist? Find out by pressing Ctrl+W!
Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Galactic Boss Cy...
post Feb 16 2011, 10:21 PM
Post #10

Ruler of the universe in 3.. 2..
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 367

Platinum

QUOTE(SaphireShadows @ Feb 16 2011, 10:59 PM) *
I was playing SS and surfing the 'net at the same time once. I turned to my Gardevoir, Mai, and talked to her. It said "Mai is jumping for joy!" Y'know, it's a normal action, so I was like "okay, cool", then I checked my account at the college's website that I applied to. It said, "Congratulations! You've been accepted!"

I jumped off the couch and screamed, "YES, THANK YOU!" So, my Gardevoir basically celebrated for me before I even knew I was accepted! x)

Mai and Sudowoodo... They're up to something unimpressed.gif

QUOTE(Phoenix Rising @ Feb 16 2011, 11:07 PM) *
Having my CROBAT roar. It said: "CROBAT let out a mighty roar!"

I like when Pokemon "look off into the distance and bark," too x3

--------------------
+Quote Post

shadowdorothy
post Feb 17 2011, 06:21 PM
Post #11

Thanks Aurora Sinclair for Avi.
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 427

Active Squad

Random shiny ratatta ftw.
I love her so much, she's pretty strong too.

--------------------
+Quote Post

crocodibli
post Mar 25 2011, 01:05 PM
Post #12

hey
Group Icon

Member No.: 131 050

Active Squad

Catching kyroge without trying.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Sl3ndii
post Mar 25 2011, 02:15 PM
Post #13

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 83 579

Active Squad

"MEWTWO let out a bark!"

It left me thinking "WTF?"

--------------------
Mon, June 23: I have lost interest in using the sites due to other websites taking my interest so I will no longer be online as of today
+Quote Post

roygbiv
post Mar 26 2011, 08:13 AM
Post #14

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 125 915

hg team

kakkuaa ping a wild kakuna appeared!i sent out togepi after a few headbutts i caught it too bad it was a rental game sad.gif

--------------------
pokemon white friend code 3096 0916 2525
+Quote Post

Tazii
post Mar 26 2011, 08:39 AM
Post #15

Tikk Tokk
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 39 543

A Taste of The Fury

I was training my Haunter just to the left of Mahogany Town. There wasn't anywhere good to train her because all the places were too hard or too easy for her so I just wanted to get her up a level and I decided to use Goldeen to do it. Unfortunatly Magikarp are much more common and they suck for XP. At about 3 am a Shiny Magikarp appeared and I scream. It was the first shiny I had ever come across since the Ralts which I lost. I named him Lucky (yeah, unoriginal but it was 3 in the morning and I was freaking out).

Also, everytime my game informs me that Masochism (my Mewtwo) is rolling in the grass I giggle. c:

--------------------
+Quote Post

roygbiv
post Mar 26 2011, 11:34 AM
Post #16

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 125 915

hg team

electrod streached out its body and is relaxing

--------------------
pokemon white friend code 3096 0916 2525
+Quote Post

SnivyCap
post Mar 28 2011, 10:49 AM
Post #17

Best Pokémon Connoisseur and Grass-Type Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 135 149

My OLD Dream Team

I'm not sure if this was the most annoying experience, but it's the only one I remember right now.

Grinding for the first gym. IT. WAS. ANNOYINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. I spent several DAYS training for stupid Falkner, or whatever his name is. I had trained all my Pokemon up to like, Level 16 or something like that, and then, when I went to challenge Falkner... Until I learned that you had to go to Sprout Tower first. My brother and I had only just gotten the game, and he some how gotten halfway through with it already, so he was helping me. Yet, like the jerk he always is, he conveniently forgot that part. And the frustation doesn't stop there. I caught a Gastly at Sprout Tower, which would be really useful in the future, so I put it on my team. After I finished Sprout Tower, I went to spend about 4 more hours training the stupid thing. When I was FINALLY ready to go to the gym, I got another surprise. Falkner had about Level 10 Pokemon, while I had about Level 17s. Something else my brother conveniently forgot to mention. Man, I hope my brother gets stuck on Mt. Silver and doesn't come back alive...

--------------------
"The Chosen One's Team" (If you see anyone using this team, please tell them it's my team):

Serperia Swampert Matthew Aaron Celeste Zekrom

Sig made by Heartless Rose, specifically for me! clap.gif Thanks a lot!
+Quote Post

Knight of Cydoni...
post Mar 29 2011, 08:07 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 131 433

Gen 5, please? :3

QUOTE(SnivyCap @ Mar 28 2011, 11:49 PM) *
I'm not sure if this was the most annoying experience, but it's the only one I remember right now.

Grinding for the first gym. IT. WAS. ANNOYINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. I spent several DAYS training for stupid Falkner, or whatever his name is. I had trained all my Pokemon up to like, Level 16 or something like that, and then, when I went to challenge Falkner... Until I learned that you had to go to Sprout Tower first. My brother and I had only just gotten the game, and he some how gotten halfway through with it already, so he was helping me. Yet, like the jerk he always is, he conveniently forgot that part. And the frustation doesn't stop there. I caught a Gastly at Sprout Tower, which would be really useful in the future, so I put it on my team. After I finished Sprout Tower, I went to spend about 4 more hours training the stupid thing. When I was FINALLY ready to go to the gym, I got another surprise. Falkner had about Level 10 Pokemon, while I had about Level 17s. Something else my brother conveniently forgot to mention. Man, I hope my brother gets stuck on Mt. Silver and doesn't come back alive...

I don't train for gyms at all. I kicked Falkner's butt with a Mareep, a Quilava, and a Gastly.

For my ROFL moment, it was the moment when Khione, my Articuno, was in Seafoam Islands with me. I talked to it, and it said:

"Your Pokémon seems surprised to touch ice."

For my RAEG moment, it was with Lance. I defeated him after more than ten resets using a combination of Sacred Fire, Ice Beam, and Discharge from Ho-Oh, Jynx, and Ampharos.

--------------------

+Quote Post

BlueDiamond
post Apr 4 2011, 03:16 AM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 306

Active Squad

2 Shinys, actually I think i was quite lucky with them, because seeing from my trainer card's point's i haven't been engaged in many wild pokemon battles but anyways; The first one was a spearow in azalea town (I was headbutting trees for a heracross) But the second one gets more interesting, because earlier that day i found a tutorial video for a chinesse lucky knot. When i completed it i just left it hanging from my bedside lamp. And then later when a shiny oddish just pops out of the grass i just stared at the knot like WTF?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Redlion516
post May 2 2011, 06:43 PM
Post #20

Not only can fire destroy, it can create.
Group Icon

Member No.: 128 486

My Heart Gold Team

facepalm.gif Well I just finished beaten the kanto gym leaders, and i was getting bored. So, i decided to catch all the pokemon i could. So out of all the places i could go to, i chose the kanto power plant. OUT OF NOWHERE, I see a zapdos in the corner! Of course now i know that after you beat all the 16 gym leaders in the game, you can catch zapdos. I thought it was a great idea that i should catch the zapdos, so i start battling it. I got it up to red on its health bar, with my entei's AWESOME fire fang so i wanted to catch it with an ultra ball. Then i found out...i have no capturing device whats so ever! NO ULTRA BALLS...NOT EVEN A POKEBALL.......nothing! So i had to leave the battle. I also forgot to save before i tried to catch zapdos, even before even beating Blue(Gary)! I had to turn of my ds lite and battle Blue again...next i bought like 30 ultra balls. Uhhh....ok. Next, i use my hitmonlee's hi jump kick... hoping it would turn it on at least yellow, AND IT KNOCKS IT RIGHT OUT! Luckily i saved. I am not kidding when i say this......i used up all my ultra balls...ds lite off...asprin bottle empty... start over again. after repeating this process...i counted...22 FREAKIN TIMES...i finally caught it. Sheeesh! Now guys, i am not a noob. I know im not. i've playing pokemon games since i was 5. I'm 14 now. i know almost everything about pokemon...i just don't know about EV's. But that experience was just plain crazy!

This post has been edited by Redlion516: May 3 2011, 04:39 PM

--------------------
Redlion516, The Legend
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 06:22 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.