Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
"Location" Power, Where's that Pokemon?
Natural Cyber
post Jul 21 2011, 10:23 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 137 011

The Eeveelution Army

In the games when you have a Pokemon's dex info, you can find where it's found, if applicable. I was thinking that it would be useful, but of course it wouldn't work quite the same on GPX. I do have an idea for how it could work, though I'm not sure how feasible it is.

Basically, a tiered Pass Power that tells you, where the Pokemon you've chosen is--if anywhere. Very Rare and Novelty would be excluded entirely, of course, because that wouldn't be fair. It wouldn't bring up the egg/Pokemon, just tell you that yes, the one you're looking for is currently in the lab, or the shelter, etc. I'm not sure about cost. Suggestions on that?

Details/Other limitations:

When you activate the power, there would be a dropdown where you can pick the species you want to look for and you can only look for species that you already have the dex info for. I've debated whether higher tiers would let you pick more than one species and I'm currently undecided.

Tier 1-- Just first evolutions, and the Safari zone excluded (Possibly a limit on rarity to only commons/uncommons as well?). No indication of number

Tier 2-- Safari Zone included. (If Tier 1 has a rarity limit, Rares included)

Tier 3-- Evolutions included, and possibly tells you the number available.

If they were also timed, perhaps a color indicator while you're on the page searching--green if it's still there, and red if the situation changes and there are none left in that particular area.

Suggestions, concerns and ideas for improvements?

I know I would personally use this a lot, if it was available. I like knowing that I'm not refreshing in vain when I'm looking for a specific Pokemon.

--------------------
My Party Link
Current individual clicks (when I remember to update): ** **

Please click my dragons!
Great success is a two-egg shiny hunt! -> smugnod.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 05:16 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.