Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
The Move Tutor, Roleplay Thread~
Kranic
post Aug 17 2010, 10:25 PM
Post #41

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 75 208

Active Squad

OOC (click to show)

Castor’s Shroomish and Marill nodded after the introductions and smiled. They didn’t seem too intimidated by the Seel knowing that he would most likely win, given level and his one elemental advantage. The two gave a cute growl and then began to entertain Holly’s little group by playing a game that they conducted. Azure would blow bubbles, while Kaize would shoot seeds to pop as many as he could. Despite sounding slightly dull it was a rather neat way of keeping someone occupied.

While that group was kept entertained, Okami’s Totodile, Crush, went off on his own to play a little game of adventure. While playing his little game the pokemon found an abandoned egg. Given that it was assumable an egg from a wild pokemon, there wouldn’t be a problem in eating the egg. The totodile bit into the egg and was just about to crack it when he was stopped by Okami who came by to looking for him. She then made him spit the egg out of his mouth and scolded him from running off on his own and trying to eat something so innocent. She then picked up the egg and looked at it. She saw that Crush hadn’t cracked the egg and it was still in a good shape. Knowing that it was a pokemon egg, Okami decided to keep it in hopes that there would be a fire pokemon was inside. Okami then returned to the camp to show everyone the egg that Crush found. By the time Okami returned to camp, Deanna was too returning to camp to show the other’s the egg she found.

The eggs became a topic for conversation, causing the trainer to group up and chat about the egg and later other subjects that arose. After a few minutes of chatting it was then time for the trainers to set out again. While leaving, the four noticed a distinctive middle aged man with a Magmar who looked very much like a hiker in the distance. He started at with a fearsome focus at the four trainers and began to walk to the four of them. At first the four trainers ignored him and followed Holly’s lead. The man taught aloud to himself as they walked

“Four trainers…that must be them.”

The man then pulled a Pokeball from his pocket and released a Scyther. He whispered a command to it and the pokemon rushed off.

The four turned and saw the flying bug rush towards them. They released all their pokemon in response to the sudden attack. The Scyther probably took a good thirty seconds to reach the trainers and when it did, all hell broke loose. All of the trainer’s pokemon were already attacking the pokemon with their various elemental attacks by the time the Scyther came near, but despite a majority of the attacks being super effective again the pokemon, it didn’t seem to damage the pokemon at all. Gracefully maneuvering through the elemental tundra it became frighteningly obvious that the Scyther was in a whole other league. It began with Castor’s Shroomish and Marill, hitting them quickly with the blunt edge of its scythes. With one move the pokemon were unconscious and unable to fight. It followed a similar method for all of the group’s pokemon, leaving only the trainers left to fend for themselves. Once its job was completed, it looked back at his trainer, unsure what he wanted to have done with the humans.

“Finish them with False Swipe.”

The Scyther gave a nod and turned to Castor. The boy took a step back trying to figure out what he should do against this beast. He threw the quickest punch he could in hopes to damage the hopefully battle worn Scyther, but before his punch could even land, his abdomen was already hit by the lightning fast claws. Castor fell to the ground unconscious. Amazingly the attack didn’t draw any blood and only knocked him out, but given that he was hit in the stomach, it can be assumed it was from pain and not a concussion After Castor fell, it was the girls’ turns. Of course, they all fell just as quickly. In thirty seconds the Scyther managed to take down the entire group, the same amount of time it took it to get there in the first place.

The floor was covered with the bodies of both the trainers and their pokemon. The man nodded as he saw his work was done. He called back his Scyther to return it to its Pokeball. He then pulled two more Pokeballs and released a Gardevoir and Machamp.

Before the man could give his commands, a sudden explosion was set off in the distance. The man’s face grew into a very serious frown as he realized what had just happened. With a very heavy sigh, he looked over to his pokemon.

“Change of plans. Gardevoir, carry the pokemon, Machamp carry the kids. We are going home.”
The two pokemon nodded respectively. The Gardevoir used her psychic ability to make a seemingly invisible box to carry each of the pokemon in, the Machamp on the other hand, simple picked up each of the trainers, and carried them as one would expect with his four arms. While walking them away, the man noticed that his Magmar wasn’t by his side. He looked behind to see the Magmar looking at the ground, two pokemon eggs in particular. The man noticed that it was interested in the egg and gave a nod. The Magmar picked up the eggs to carry them back to the cottage trailing behind the others.

Castor was first to wake up. He did his best to get an idea of where he was. It was very apparent that he was in a very big bed. There were other people in the sheet with him. It seems like there were atleast three other people.

“Are they…”

He blushed heavily when realizing what was going. He had never been in a bed with a girl before, much less three at one time. Perverted thoughts flowed through his teenaged mind before he finally decided to be mature and get out the bed, careful not to awaken the girl. Castor knew that he had to be mature about the situation, they were kidnapped after all; it wasn’t a fit time to have such thoughts. He stood up and walked to the side of the bed, to get an image of just where he was.

Castor looked around the room; it was rather dark, being lit only by candle light, so some details were unable to be seen. It became obvious to Castor that some time had gone by once he realized just how dark it was. He looked over to his right and he was able to see a window and a table and candle directly underneath it. From what Castor could see it looked like the bed was in the corner of the room and its head was facing that wall. Looking straight ahead and into the opposite corner of the room, Castor could see a shining light, much brighter than the two other candles in the room, the light from was from his Charmander’s tail. The light made it possible for Castor to see that all the pokemon were in that corner of the room, now knowing where they are he tried to walk to them, but as soon as he took a step forward, his foot hit a wall, as if something was infront of him. The boy put his hand out to see what was going on and quickly realized there was an invisible wall infront of him. He traveled around the bed to see if there were any holes in the magical force field. Castor let out a sigh as he learned that there was no way out of the space.

Castor continued to look around the room. He looked into the other corner on the Pokemon’s side of the room. This was where the second source of light was coming from. The candle was standing on a wooden table much like the one that was underneath the window near, in between the trainers and the pokemon. This one however had a chair tucked underneath it and a Blissey sleeping near it. Castor figured that this Blissey was probably the one who healed him and the girls. The boy quickly put the thought to the side and continued looking at the room. On the wall parallel to the bed and to the left of Castor was the door to leave the room, but seeing as they were stuck by the bed, there wasn’t much to be done with it. Finally on the same wall as the children were on, Castor saw a Gardevoir, whose red eyes glimmered in the fire based lights. She was staring at Castor intensely, watching his every movement carefully. Castor then assumed that the pokemon had been watching him since he had waked up. Castor didn’t bother thinking this probably reflected on the pokemon and returned to the group at hand.

Castor looked over at the sleeping girls and then brought himself to wake them up; throwing away any ideas that he may have gained while searching the room. He pushed each of their shoulders to wake them up and then went to explain everything he learned from his survey. After a few minutes of adjusting, the group was ready to formulate a plan.

“So. Any ideas?”

SUM MOAR OOC (click to show)

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Aug 18 2010, 05:35 AM
Post #42

Someone insane
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 407

Inferno

OOC (click to show)

It was a pretty tight situation. There were walls barring an escape, and anyway their Pokemon guard was quite tight. Castor had just woken Holly up and she wanted to sleep some more. It was a sleepy day.

Holly sifled a yawn, drawing circles on the blankets, and muttered, "Well, firstly, there are these invisible walls blocking us, so we can't get to the door. And anyway, that Gardevoir is watching us." She motioned to the rigid Pokemon before continuing, "We could have tried to attack it, both putting down the enigmatic walls and ridding us of any witnesses, however, there are two problems. First off, it is sensible to assume that this Gardevoir is owned by the same trainer as the earlier Scyther. Therefore, it could be just as strong. Secondly, our Pokemon are barred from us, and we can't battle a Psychic Pokemon with bare hands. Attempting to break the barriers would be stupid and reckless. As I already mentioned, this Pokemon ought to be powerful.

"Simply put, it's better to wait to see what happens, and I'm going to sleep some more." Holly dropped back onto the bed with another yawn. Remembering a strange tendency of boys Castor's age, she added briefly, "And Castor, don't get any thoughts. I'm not accusing you of anything, just making sure. I hate that kind of stuff," before pulling up the covers.

More OOC (click to show)

--------------------
Might return to activity sometime soon. noes.gif I have to get back to GPX, too...
+Quote Post

Ice Skies
post Aug 22 2010, 09:46 AM
Post #43

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 100 744

PANE::

Deanna had been examining her new egg, poking it every now and again, noting that it was slightly damp. The oldest girl, Okami's totodile had gone off a little way away from the Trainers and had come back with an egg, probably a fire-type. The eggs became the center of attention, from the fire-type egg to the probably water-type egg. Deanna joined in occasionally, answering with a "Hn." or a "Piplup." which was a pretty big accomplishment considering she usually answered in incomplete sentences.

Then they noticed him. He looked like some random hiker, but Deanna was willing to bet all her belongings that he wasn't when he called out a Scyhter. Pulling out a Pokeball, Deanna threw it in the air, and with a sudden burst of light, her Taillow appeared, swoopong gracefully down to join the other Pokemon in fight. But they didn't last for more than a minute, and the Scyther turned towards them. It hit Castor first and he fell unconscious. Frankly, that scared Deanna a little and she nearly had a heart attack when the Pokemon turned towards her after knocking Holly down. She managed to duck just in the nick of time, but Scyther hit her again, knocking her unconscious.

----

'...That's all I remember...' She thought, having been woken up roughly none other than Castor. Deanna didn't like that but she sat up all the same, still half asleep. If it had been anyone else who had woken her up expect for Castor, Okami and Holly, she would have half-killed them by now.

"We could have tried to attack it, both putting down the enigmatic walls and ridding us of any witnesses, however, there are two problems. First off, it is sensible to assume that this Gardevoir is owned by the same trainer as the earlier Scyther. Therefore, it could be just as strong. Secondly, our Pokemon are barred from us, and we can't battle a Psychic Pokemon with bare hands. Attempting to break the barriers would be stupid and reckless. As I already mentioned, this Pokemon ought to be powerful.

Deanna half-listened to the twelve-year-old, throwing a questioning glance at the impassive Gardevoir. All she wanted to do was go back to sleep… and now that she was properly awake with her thoughts buzzing in her head like annoying bees, she realized that they had been all sleeping in one bed. And Castor hadn’t exactly been sleeping on the floor. Deanna raised an eyebrow at Holly’s comment as she thumped down next to her, asleep.
“It is owned by the same trainer,” She chipped in, frowning in concentration. “I saw it behind the man a few seconds before the Scyther knocked me unconscious."

Tugging at the long blanket, Deanna sat up and attempted keep herself awake when her eyes lingered on the trapped Pokemon on the other side of the room. "Shirori! Taillow!" She gasped, the frantic Pokemon pawing at the invisible barrier, not understanding what was happening. She looked at the other Pokemon, but they were all calm and cool.

--------------------
can we pretend that a i r p l a n e s
in the n.i.g.h.t sky
are like s h o o t i n g stars?
I could really use a w.i.s.h right now.

----
+Quote Post

Kranic
post Aug 25 2010, 12:57 AM
Post #44

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Active Squad

ooc (click to show)

"Well, if you all want to sleep, I think I'll wait it out."

Castor decided it was fitting for him to stay out of the bed. Not because of the girls, but because he really didn't like giving up so easily. At least that was what Castor brought himself to believe, the much more likely truth being a combination of the two. Castor sat in front of the feet of the bed, sitting crisscrossed directly in front of the Gardevoir. He stared at the Pokemon, noticing that she was sitting in a chair. The effeminate Pokemon had been watching the group the entire time, carefully keeping track of their activity and presumably their conversation. She occasionally looked back to the door as if waiting for someone to come into the room. After a few minutes, her wait was finally over as the door finally opened. As expected, the man from earlier entered the room. He seemed too be in a very good mood as he entered the room, a wide smile was on his face. The man gave a nod to his Gardevoir who then left the room, leaving with a wave of her fingers with her left hand before leaving the door, as if saying goodbye. The man then began to speak.

"Hello children. I just want to say I'm sor-"

The man was cut off quickly as Castor jumped towards the man, the barrier that once blocked him by the bed apparently gone. The boy tried his best to throw a punch at the man while he was off guard by the sudden attack, but instead was quickly stopped as the man grabbed Castor's sloppy punch and threw him to the ground. He took the seat that the Gardevoir had previously left and took a set in it, still holding Castor's hand as he was on the floor. The man took his heavy foot and put it on top of Castor's back, leaving him immobile.

After seeing that Castor was able to go through the field, the other Pokemon too tried to jump through the field, but only proceeded to hurt themselves as they brought themselves into the wall. Apparently only the barrier around the trainers was lifted.

Castor grunted at the man's quick reaction time, despite his size and apparently old age. He soon figured that the shouldn't have underestimated him, but sighed as he then listened to the man who continued his speech. The grin on the man's face was unfading.

"I want to say Im sorry for earlier."

He then paused for a few minutes, reconsidering the words he was planning on using.

"Um. Yes. I'm very sorry. You see I thought you four were a different group and um. Well. I feel really bad about attacking you without precaution."

The man paused again, feeling his words were still right.

"Erm. You see the kids I were looking for were in a group of four and they um were very, dangerous. I didn't really know what they looked like but I knew they were out around noon. You see."

The man stopped again and let out a heavy sigh.

"Can I just say I am very sorry and I would really like to make up for it? You see I'm a certified Move Tutor and I can teach your pokemon a move that they may not ordinary learn at their level."

During the man's various pauses, his great grin grew into a formidable frown. His eyes now were obviously full of sadness. He really regretted his actions and didn't really know how he should try and fix it. He knew that this was probably the best way for him to end it.

He then got up, releasing Castor from his foot and gave a bow to the trainers, as a final attempt to show his regret.

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Aug 25 2010, 05:19 AM
Post #45

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

Holly watched from under the covers with much amusement. As if she really was asleep.

After the old man's apology, she threw the covers off and broke out a wide smile. "Ah, so I see. It was very nice of you to show your concern to attempt to eradicate this...group." Holly had no idea who these kids were, and at the moment, she wasn't very curious about it. "Glad to see it was all a huge misunderstanding...I, for one, wholly accept your apology."

((Writer's Block.))

--------------------
Might return to activity sometime soon. noes.gif I have to get back to GPX, too...
+Quote Post

Kranic
post Sep 3 2010, 02:12 PM
Post #46

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Active Squad

ooc (click to show)

The three remaining trainers eventually all accepted the man’s apology, which brought a lot of grief off of his shoulders. He helped Castor up and let him return to the bed with the others.

“My name is Jake by the way. You can call me ‘The Move Tutor’ from now on if you want though. Mine if I ask all of your names?”

The three trainers gave their names in a fairly polite manner, the man then replied.

“Holly, Deanna, Castor, and Okami. Easy enough to remember. Anyways, I’ve got to be off. It is rather late you see. I’ll come back tomorrow morning to look at your pokemon for tutoring. You are free to leave whenever you wish.”

He then walked out closing the door behind him.

The trainer then entered a discussion about whether or not they should leave. The consensus was that they should stay since the man seemed to honestly feel remorseful, however one trainer of the four went against the tides of the room. Okami didn’t trust the man and felt it would be best if she left right away. The others tried to talk her out of it, but in the end she decided that she would leave and as such, she did, exiting through the same door the move tutor did. Once Okami left, the trainers spent some time reconsidering the man’s motives but eventually they decided that it was something they could focus on tomorrow. The trainers then slept the night, Castor obviously outside the bed.

The following morning the man returned to look at the trainer’s pokemon. He looked over each one and decided on some moves fitting for each one of them.

“So Okami left. Well I still have a plan for you three. I have decided on some moves for your pokemon given their personality and strengths and more so weaknesses. From what I understand they aren’t really going to need me for their training, instead I’ll be having a few pokemon overlook the tutoring. Let me just grab them and be right back.”
The man then left and returned, this time with three Pikachus following.

“These three will be your pokemon tutors. Castor, This Pikachu is going to teach your Mareep magnet rise. Deanna, this Pikachu is going to do the same for your Shinx, Holly this Pikachu is going to team you Torchic swift. To refer to them, call Castor's Pikachu 1, Deanna Pikachu 2, and Holly's Pikachu three I made it so your names were in alphabetical orders to reference to the Pikachus so it can be pretty easy to remember. But I guess it doesn’t matter much seeing as you three are going to have to leave. Seeing as the pokemon are going to have to focus if they plan on learning the move. Their trainer’s judgmental eyes might mess up whatever chance they have on picking up the move.”

The three trainers then left and the training then began.

"Pi" "Pika" "Chu"

The three pokemon said one after another in ‘numerical’ order. In their own native tongue the pikachus did their best to try and explain the move to their trainees. After doing what they could in expressing how moves work and furthermore how secondary elemental moves work, the three decided it would be easiest to show them the moves and let them try it as well.

"Magnet rise works by pulling your electric power and creating a magnetic field. By working against the earths own magneticity, you can make yourself rise. You can also make yourself much heavier by using this technique, but that is some advanced stuff, so don't mind it."

"Swift works like an ordinary elemental move. It’s just you need to pull energy from a different place. As a pikachu I pull my electricity from my cheeks, but as a torchic you probably have an organ or something where you pull your fire. In this case you need to take the energy from elsewhere, although this elsewhere is different for every pokemon, so you need to find it yourself. Here let me just show you.”

Two of the three pikachus began to float a golden aura apparently giving them this ability. The soon began to freely swim in the air. The remaining pikachu stayed on the ground and spewed white stars around the unnaturally floating pokemon, who did their best to dodge in the far more three dimensional space.

After demonstrating the moves, they then requested that the pokemon attempt it themselves, seeing as that was the best way to really begin.

The trainers sat outside of the room eventually growing bored as they waited for their pokemon to finish. Some talk came about, but nothing significant happened.

The man looked over at the trainers and saw that they weren’t too alive and soon began to think.

"Um, do you guys mind if I ask you a favor? It's about what I was doing yesterday... You see I was looking for this group of kids. They have been offsetting some things around Carello, setting off explosions and freaking out some of the wild pokemon in the area. Given the odd nature of the mountain, things like this really aren't any good. I've caught a couple of the kids, but the group is really large. Well I guess it was really large. There should only be 3 or 4 kids left. That's why you guys. Again I'm really sorry for that. You see they normally set off the explosions at certain times of the day and you guys just happened to be active around that time. I know I was quick with my actions, but it was a habit I picked up from my days as a trainer. Again I'm sorry. Anyways. Since you guys were looking a little bored and well, it would be a lot easier if I had people who could look for the trainers rather than pokemon I was um, wanting to know if you were willing to go out and look for the trainers for me? I'll be looking too of course, but I think this will just be a lot easier to fix my and Carello’s problem. I'm sure you guys can get some training out of this, since from my experience the trainers who have been lurking around the mountain haven't been too strong, maybe a little stronger than you all, but given how fast I dispatched them I can't really tell... Not to say you are bad or anything! It's just- bah. I don't know.”

The request turned into a big mess, so he decided it would be easier to just ask bluntly.

“Are you guys willing to help me out catch the kids I was looking for yesterday?”

Castor was first to agree and the others followed.

The man once again humbly smiled and headed to the door.

“Alright the Pikachus are going to be training your pokemon in the other room, but if something happens they can quickly get your pokemon to you, via the use of some of my other pokemon.

I'm assuming you all have each other numbers right? Just incase something happens be sure to call each other. Obviously you don't have my number, so here."

The man then gave the trainers his number. Once the transition was complete, the man decided to explain his plan a little more clearly.

“Alright. I think we should all split up. Deanna by herself, Castor with Holly, and me by myself. That sounds fair, correct?”

The three agreed and then they went off.

After a few minutes of searching, Castor decided to talk to Holly, seeing as otherwise it would be a fairly boring search.

"So Holly. What do you think about Jake?”

ooc (click to show)

This post has been edited by Kranic: Sep 3 2010, 02:13 PM

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Sep 4 2010, 04:48 AM
Post #47

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

OOC (click to show)

Holly was a little more careful on these rocks, since she hadn't really been to that part of Carello yet. Actually, she'd only been on one side of the mountain before--Arasam's side, and since rebellious teenagers would probably need to stay away from anywhere where they could be spotted and apprehended. Their search was on zero right then, so castor decided to start a conversation, to which Holly replied, "mm. He's okay, I guess. Seems to be a good guy, but it is pretty suspicious. Kind of." Holly pushed her bangs out of her eyes with a shrug before continuing. "But we are doing this for a good cause. We won't really lose anything if we search for nonexistent rebels, rather than doing nothing about real ones. we don't really know, as we haven't actually seen any of them, but it's better to be safe then sorry."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Ice Skies
post Sep 8 2010, 05:44 AM
Post #48

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 100 744

PANE::

Deanna didn't really like this guy, or trust him for that matter. He seemed kind of suspicious and even though she didn't really have anything to point out to prove his 'suspiciousness', her insticts told her otherwise. But she didn't like being left here with a Gardevoir (it was creepy, in her opinion) so she agreed, throwing the covers off and getting up.

----

Once outside, she scanned the landscape before walking away in the direction they came, carefully climbing over the rocks and around bushes. Since the man said the kids had been seen around in this area, Deanna started there and walked West, looking for the rogue Trainers.

OOC (click to show)

--------------------
can we pretend that a i r p l a n e s
in the n.i.g.h.t sky
are like s h o o t i n g stars?
I could really use a w.i.s.h right now.

----
+Quote Post

Kranic
post Sep 10 2010, 01:55 AM
Post #49

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Active Squad

OoC (click to show)

Castor shrugged.

"I'm not really feeling the guy, but I don't really feel a particularly bad vibe from him. I guess if he wanted anything from us, he could have stolen it while we were out and it doesn't seem like we lost anything."

The boy slowed down his pace to look around. The two were nearby some caverns to the interior of Carello. Castor looked over and smiled. He had a particular desire to search the caves but he soon figured that the kids they were looking for probably weren't in there. That was in till his Pokegear rang. The boy then picked it up and set the mode to speaker so Holly could hear as well.

"Castor, Holly, you there? I got some things to tell you. One, I found one of the kids that were out, so it looks like their group is out right now like I suspected. Second, I kind of forgot to tell you guys some important information about them. From what I gathered from the couple of kids I captured, it looks like they are looking for something in the caves of mount Carello, which is why they are setting off explosives on the inside. You guys probably know about how their are supposed riches and such on the insides and yadda. Anyways, be sure to take a quick cruise through some caves you see and check if their are any signs of people running about. Fresh footprints in the snow or cave rubble generally are a good sign. Anyways, I'll be forwarding this message to Deanna, sorry about being so absent minded."

*click*

Beep
Beep
Beep

Castor smiled at the opportunity and quickly looked down at the cavern entrance to see if their was any signs of foot prints, naturally there weren't, but Castor was quick to ignore it.

"So in we go, right?"

This post has been edited by Kranic: Sep 10 2010, 01:56 AM

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Sep 10 2010, 02:20 AM
Post #50

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

OOC (click to show)

Holly listened interestedly to the message. "Supposed riches and such on the insides and yadda," huh? Holly hadn't ever seen anything worth too big on these slopes, but then again Holly hadn't been into the caves as much yet. And yes, there had been rumors about "riches and yadda," but none of them have ever been proven. Still, it wouldn't hurt these kids to try, huh? Except they're blowing the mountain up.

The cave Castor was proposing to walk into seemed like it was real easy to get lost in. Just looking at the entrance, Holly couldn't see more than twelve inches in. Plus, no footprints. "Hmm. I dunno. It doesn't look like anyone's been stomping into this cave with dynamite. We have no idea if these teens were clever enough to find a way to hide their footprints, either, so we can't count to much on that theory. What do you think?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kranic
post Sep 18 2010, 01:51 PM
Post #51

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Active Squad

ooc (click to show)

Castor walked into the cave. He looked back at Holly and smiled, it seemed as if he would be able to get his opportunity to search the cave.

"Well, like you said, they could have covered their footprints."

Castor then continued into the cave. The cave started out as fairly dry, similar to the terrain of the mountain on the outside, but as they continued, the cave became more moist and humid. It slowly grew warmer. The cave's mouth actually began to open wider as they continued traveling down. stalactites and stalagmites began to appear, becoming larger and larger as the cave grew warmer and warmer. Eventually the teeth of the cave soon formed together to create columns, large enough to cover even the largest of Machamps. The cave was oddly silent however, there were no creepy echos or unsettling growls, just the sound of water falling from the ceiling above. Slowly it became more and more obvious that there was no other life in the cave excluding the two youth. Despite this, there did seem to be signs that life was once here, be it in the form of footprints, bones, dung, or any other leftovers from the life that once occupied this cave. It seemed as though something forced it all out, a sinister force that repelled the life from the cave's receptive esophagus. What could have caused this extinction of life and what purpose could it have held?

This question held no important to Castor. He didn't notice the silence. He didn't notice the warmth. He didn't notice the signs. He didn't notice anything, except for the grandness of the cave. In awe he walked down and looked at the mountains insides. He enjoyed the quiet power of the cave and wished to see more and more of it. He soon stopped seeing that the pathway in front of him split. He looked over to Holly to see if she had any opinion on what way they should go. However before he could ask a question, something unexpected happen. Two teen aged trainers appeared. Both with a pokemon by their side.

One was about Castor's age, his attire a combination of both blue and black to give a slight contrast to Castor's outfit of red and black. The unknown boy had a thick head of black hair, with a bang covering left eye. He wore a heavy black and blue hoodie with a golden zipper. The hoodie had a simple design, with a black covering his shoulders and rolling close to his stomach and then expanding out to cover the ends of the jacket. He wore black jeans with golden lining around the pockets and single black and white shoes. The boy was wearing a pair of blue earphones, with a golden star embedded on the phones of the device. He was listening in on the device, completely ignoring the outside world. Much like Castor, he was ignoring his companions existence, but instead of enjoying the beauty of the cave, he was ignoring it, ignoring everything and only caring for himself. The two were very much opposites. Castor was optimistic in his view of the world and wanted to take part in it, this boy didn't care for it, he wanted to keep it away and work with only himself.

The boy soon noticed the two and stared.

"Who are you?"

His voice had very little energy, it wasn't particularly monotone, but it held a certain chill that would even bother some of the more experienced trainers that may travel around Furoh. Castor looked back into the boy's blue eyes. He replied in a very straight forward manner.

"I'm Castor and exactly who are you?"

It was immediate, Castor already didn't like the boy. It may have been his voice and it may have been his attitude, it could have been anything, but Castor already knew that this boy was no good. He pulled his hand towards the inside pocket of his jacket, preparing to grab a pokeball.

"Tal Agate, pleased to meet you."

Tal then looked at Castor's hand and then looked over towards his pokemon that was standing adjacent to him.

"Damon, would you mine giving yourself an introduction to our guests?"

The pokemon nodded and pulled up it's claws. Being a Sneasel, Damon liked the idea of fighting and as such, rushed off to the boy, ignoring the second girl's existence all together. Quickly Castor pulled out his pokeball, releasing his charmander. He jumped as far back as he could in order to avoid the pokemon's claws. Now released Icuru blew it's a fire as the opposing ice type pokemon, causing a great deal of damage to it.

Castor looked over at the boy and yelled,

"What was that for?!"

"What do you think. You were about to attack us, like you did the others!"

Castor starred at the boy for a second, this was a perfect opportunity to take advantage of. He could see if the kids really had honest intentions or even if they were the kids they were looking for, but something about the kid really made him lack trust in him, something about his statement seemed off. He shrugged it off and yelled.

"Yeah we are here to take you in, we can't just let you blow up Arasam!"

Tal glared he then transcended into though.
"So this kid did know about what's going on. Given his reaction, he probably wouldn't believe me if I tried to bluff him."

"I guess you got us. Damon, come back."

The Sneasel jumped back, slightly injured from the charmander's attack. Tal looked over towards his companion.

"Let's take these two out before continuing."

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Sep 20 2010, 04:17 AM
Post #52

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

The cave was eerily quiet, as if no being lived in it. Perhaps there was life in the cave, or used to be, since it was impossible that the cave was completely uninhabited...wasn't it?

Holly and Castor soon bumped into a pair of boys, though, later proven to be exactly who they were looking for.

Except Holly didn't expect him.

He was quiet, like he always had been, with chocolate brown hair that was thin and smooth, down to his shoulders unlike most boys. A big improvement from the messy mop it was four years ago. He was wearing a red hoodie, covering some of his hands. Red always had been his favorite color. His dark pants had chains and zippers all over them. He used to wear only shorts. He had a band-aid on his cheek, so maybe he injured himself a little like he always used to. And she met his eyes--Those eyes. Soft, probing blue.

His name was Phoenix Wolff, Holly's older brother who left for his journey back when he was ten, like all wannabe trainers did.

Holly never did expect him in this circumstance. Phoenix was shy, but he was friendly. He couldn't hurt a Caterpie, much less blow up a cave off the side of a mountain. He was messy and careless, and he tripped at least once a week. He was a little stupid and he definitely wasn't very well-known around town, since he preferred being at home, gazing out the window. And tripping. Today, though, he looked more...refined, if it's a proper word, and the Poochyena at his side looked like it would go on a rampage if it wouldn't beat anything up soon.

The entire time through Castor and the other kid's (Tal, apparently) squabble, Holly only stared at him. He stared back, absentmindedly licking the lollipop in his mouth. Strawberry, his favorite. Holly could never forget Phoenix' odd addiction to lollipops, since that was her parents' primary subject of scolding.

It was almost unnoticeable when Tal turned to Phoenix and gave him that little statement. And all Phoenix did was shrug, pop the lollipop in his mouth and lead the way out. What was noticeable, tohugh was what he whispered as he passed by Holly: "Hey, sis."

"Ah..." Holly stared after him, then turning to Castor, waiting for him to go first. He was ever the opportunist, and she didn't want to be stuck in an awkward silence with her brother.

OOC (click to show)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kranic
post Sep 21 2010, 08:24 PM
Post #53

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Active Squad

Ooc (click to show)

Castor looked over to Holly, a little surprised by Phoenix's words.

"This guy is your brother?! Did you already know about this Holly?"

His question was that from surprise rather than curiosity. Castor already understood that Holly probably had no idea of the boy's plans regarding the mountain, it's just the unexpected relationship that really caught him off guard and caused him to spew his question. Regardless, the boy quickly silenced himself understanding that now wasn't eh time to ask questions. He looked back over to Tal, to see that the boy's Sneasel had already begun to attack.

"Icuru, jump out of the way and attack him with em-"

The command was too late. The Sneasel took a direct hit at the Charmander with a faint attack. Icuru growled in pain as the Pokemon's white claws tore at the Charmander's skin. Howling, the Pokemon fended off the ice type with a small scale fire attack. He trusted the Pokemon off best he could and tried to make some room come between them. The Sneasel took it's stance a small distance away from the Charmander, seemingly uninjured by the Charmander's fire. It then became particularly obvious the level difference between the two, the Sneasel holding the lead in power.

But with that the battle was no where near over. Tal had already summoned up two of his other Pokemon, while the small on going. A Staravia and Growlithe were no by the boy's side both already in the process of completing their assignments. The two first began by focusing their wrath on the weakened Charmander, The Staravia attacking from the air with quick attack and the Growlithe helping with the use of helping hand. The attack did significant damage to the Charmander, as he tried to fight off the invading opponents, without much success.

Castor pulled out two Pokeballs while in the process of his command.

"Icuru defend yourself the best you can..."

Castor realized how useless this statement was, but there wasn't much else he could do.

He released his two remaining Pokemon, now ensuring them a place in battle.

"Kai, do the best you can to help out, despite your disadvantage, Azure, take out the Growlithe with Rollout!"

The two did as ordered, Kaize began with a distinct headbutt to the Staravia, stopping the cycle of attacks that it was chaining onto Icuru. Azure quickly spun taking a very distinct hit onto the Growlithe side, sending him flying into one of the many columns that have formed in the cave.

The battle was beginning to turn in Castor's favor in till a certain Sneasel decided to rear it's head. It stood in front of Castor, it was obviously ready to attack the boy while his pokemon were distracted. Within the instant it was seen the pokemon dashed at the young trainer, the blood from his charmander still visible. Castor didn't expect the pokemon to come at him and as such, when it finally came time for impact, he wasn't prepared for the imminent results.

Castor looked down from him and saw a Pokemon. Unfortunately, it wasn't the Pokemon he was expecting. Instead of the black coat and more feline appearance, the boy saw something he didn't recognize. He felt his body to see if he was injured in any way, but it was very apparent that he was unharmed and that the Pokemon in front of him saved him. Sadly, the Pokemon standing there wasn't something particularly familiar. It wasn't a Sneasel, that was for sure, but it wasn't a Charmander either. The pokemon was larger and darker and had a unsightly horn sticking from it's head. It was holding the Sneasel claw in it's far more defined hands, tearing into it's flesh with it's newly formed white claws.

"Chaaaaar MELEON!"

Icuru threw the Sneasel to the side, rushing forward at in hopes to continue the battle.

Evolution (click to show)

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Sep 22 2010, 05:19 AM
Post #54

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

The little Dunsparce was awoken by the sound of a heated battle beginning.

Ugh. Why was it that those humans were always causing a racket? Can't they keep their noise to themselves? Dunsparce stretched its pudgy snake-like body, shaking his tail irritably. He couldn't quite get any good naps nowadays, with all the activity around his home. Just recently, he had to move out of the cave due to the tedious rumblings early in the morning, and now that he was finally getting used to the foliage, a battle commences? What a hoot.

And so, the Dunsparce went to check out where the noise was coming from, hoping to stop it along the way in order to be able to rest once more.

Meanwhile, Holly was attempting to reply to Castor's shocked inquiry. "I...Yeah, I knew, but...He..." She was barely audible, less so comprehensible, and besides, Tal had taken opportunity of the intriguing plot twist to get an advantage against Castor. Holly was put off track, too, and she could only stand by as the battle quickly made its start.

That, and the little Pokemon about to nibble on her ankle.

"Woah!!" Holly jumped back at the hot breath at her feet, just before the annoyed Dunsparce had his way. "Hey there, fella..."

"Dun," said the Pokemon with an irritated tune as it looked up at Holly. The English equivalent would be, "Can you get your good friend over there to quit it? I'm trying to sleep here."

Obviously, Holly had no idea what it was trying to get across. "Um, Can we talk later? This is sort of a bad time..." She took a short sideglance to see her brother giving orders to his Poochyena, as well as Castor's Charmander evolving impressively into a Charmeleon. In turn, she clicked on the Pokeball in her pocket, enlarging it in anticipation.

"Dun," insisted the Dunsparce.

"Nyx, Tackle!" Phoenix, just like Tal, took advantage of the distraction and sent his Poochyena to ram into Holly, sending her back a few paces. She yelped as she painfully hit a tree. Nyx stood a few feet away and growled. This was weird. Phoenix was a complete pacifist last time Holly saw him. And Holly was his sister.

"Dun?" It was more of a question this time.

"Stay back there," Holly told the Dunsparce before forcing herself up and finally releasing Frostbite. The Seel matched the Poochyena's intense gaze, and while they had a staring contest, Holly searched her brother's eyes as well. They were unreadable, but nonetheless, they were deep, trapping blue.

What's wrong with you? Holly tried to forget blood relation for the moment. This was the boy who set explosions on Carello. Forget about him as a brother. Holly grunted a little before commanding, "Frostbite, use Headbutt!"

The Seel obliged, and the true sibling rivalry began.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kranic
post Sep 26 2010, 04:15 AM
Post #55

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Active Squad

The newly formed Charmeleon tackled the opposing Sneasel to the ground, saddling on top of the Sneasel. The pokemon then quickly slashed at the pokemon, with it's far more defined and sharper claws, within moments the claws turned a bright red as it was covered in a flame created from the Charmeleon's own ember. The attack was relentless and there wasn't too much the Sneasel could do about it. It tried to push the Charmeleon off of it, but he was simply too large. Only moments ago the Sneasel had a good foot on the lizard , but now the Charmeleon has a practical foot on the Sneasel, a distinctive disadvantage lost with the pokemon's new form. The poor sneasel failed helplessly as Icuru pulled away at it's skin. Tal watched silently as he brought his attention back to his other two pokemon.

It seemed as though Tal's pokemon had managed to win a small victory during the Charmeleon's battle. It began when Cator's Marill missed a roll out on he opposing Growlithe, flying off into a far corner of the cave, leaving Castor's shroomish to fight a battle by itself against two pokemon with a very distinct advantage over it. The results were obvious. Through a combination of Tal's Growltihe's fire and his Staravia's wings, the shroomish was dispatched of by the time Azure returned.

Noting this, Castor called back his Charmeleon, to help support his Marill. In doing so, Castor also took note of Holly. She was up against her brother and the battle was only beginning. He wasn't sure what she was thinking of the situation or really what the situation was between them. He was quickly considering whether he should intervene and quickly came to a decision when he heard her speak.

"Frostbite, use Headbutt!"

Holly didn't need cheering on from Castor as she had already decided on what she wanted to do. She was going to fight her brother and for the moment, that was the most important thing for Castor. Castor gave a slight smile at the girl, admiring her strength. It was probably be best to let her battle on her own, but that simply wasn't Castor. Castor is the boy who belongs in places that he doesn't belong, the boy who will add more regardless of if there is enough or not, the one who will keep going, regardless of any consequence, he was Castor Garnet, and he couldn't just stand there silent.

"Go, Holly!"

The words were quickly put together and not well thought out, but Castor believe that this was probably the best way to express his feeling. He redirected his attention to his pokemon. Icuru managed to make his way the Azure's side, and shroomish was still on the ground unconscious. Castor pulled his pokeball and returned the pokemon. He whispered some words of encouragement to the pokeball and pocketed it away. He looked at the two pokemon, who were already began fighting against the opposing pokemon.

The two focused in on separate opponents, Azure on the Growlithe and Icuru on the Staravia. Azure had a big advantage against the Growlithe and was quickly weakening him into a hault, leaving the Staravia to be brutally destroyed by the powerful Charmeleon. Ripping and tearing at the bird's feather and flesh, the sight wasn't exactly present and the smell burning...whatever wasn't much to speak of either. It quickly became obvious that the bird was out cold, or in this case hot, after trying to deal with the over powered lizard. It turned back to give help to it's comrade.

"Alright that's one down, that should be two to go...two? Wait!"

Castor swung his head over to look at where the Sneasel was once laying, horribly beaten by the Charmeleon previous out lash. He stared in surprise as he saw that the pokemon wasn't there. Castor considered the possibilities and came to realize what could have possibly happened. Castor swung his head again, to give his team a warning.

"Guys watch out!"

The statement was only seconds too late. The Sneasel had already busted up from under the ground and took a direct hit on the unexpected Charmeleon. A uppercut from the ground, with the power of the ground amplified to it, it wasn't good for Icuru. The red lizard stuttered back, surprised by the hit. It tried to get a feel for where the Sneasel was, but only caught sight of him when the pokemon was directly in front of him, ready to throw another jab at Icuru's face. Fortunately, Icuru had enough time and blew a fairly strong fire to the Sneasel, forcing him to gain some space.

"Well damn...How strong is this Sneasel? Icuru was able to take that the Staravia like it was nothing, but this Sneasel is still standing after all these attacks..."

Castor whined to himself mentally as he watched the battle fold out. He looked over to Holly's battle to see how she was doing.

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Oct 2 2010, 04:03 AM
Post #56

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

Frostbite aimed at Nyx, headbutting her at full speed. Her horn added a little extra pain to that attack, but Nyx was still standing strong. Even if knocked back by the assault, the Poochyena still managed to tackle back. Nobody even needed to say anything, and the two Pokemon had a little Tackle-Headbutt squabble of their own accord. Because the two sides were of equal strength, Holly could not really pay much attention, since there was not much need for it at the moment. Instead she stared at Phoenix. He was watching the battle in an amused manner, lollipop still in mouth.

Suddenly, "Go, Holly!"

Said girl spared a moment to sideglance at Castor, who was grinning and back to his own battle. She let out her breath and smiled to herself. She could do this. It couldn't be too hard.

"Okay, that's enough headbutting. Growl!"

Despite her stubbornness and urge to continue her rough play, the Seel paused mid-attack to growl menacingly at the opponent. Which she was pretty used to. Nyx, who was put off by the sudden tempo, paused in confusion, enough time for Frostbite to throw in a stronger Headbutt, damaging Nyx considerably.

Phoenix, noticing the change in pattern, snatched the lollipop out of his mouth and ordered, "Okay then. Let's even it out. Nyx, Howl." He still showed no signs of giving in, and Holly was beginning to feel bad.

The Poochyena let out a loud, echoing Howl, raising its attack--and confidence--back to the way it was before. She then proceeded to return the Headbutt that she was damaged with using a considerably rough Tackle, and the squabbling restarted.

No, this wouldn't do. Holly needed a change of strategy.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kranic
post Oct 7 2010, 09:16 PM
Post #57

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Active Squad

And a change of strategy was what Holly got.

Castor's battle was going well. Both of his opponent's pokemon were defeated and now only a particularly strong Sneasel left for him to deal with. He saw that Holly was in a bit of a simple predicament with her battle, but overall had an advantage...Up in till a certain Sneasel decided to mess things up.

Tal had commended his sneasel to withdrawal and attack Holly's weaker pokemon, after seeing his partner's odd situation. It was a quick Ice Punch to Holly's Seel, while not particularly effective, it did bring the battle to be focused on him.

"Hope you don't mind if I butt in Phoenix."

The boy commented. His voice was pretty insidious as if mocking the boy for not being able to hold a slightly more interesting battle with his sister. It wasn't comedic and didn't really seem to really hold any emotion in it, it didn't seem annoyed or angered, maybe slightly sarcastic, but mostly it just seemed dead. However the boy's heartlss frown was what gave away the emotions he was feeling. He was whole heatedly disjointedness.

Castor then commanded his remaining pokemon to follow the Sneasel's lead. It wouldn't be good to just leave that monster of a Sneasel with Holly's slightly weaker pokemon. Castor moved his way to Holly's side and gave a friendly smile. In a obviously sarcastic tone he commented.

"Hope you don't mind if I butt in Holly."

He gave a smile to the young girl, further emphasizing the difference between him and the Blue trainer across from him.

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Oct 8 2010, 03:33 AM
Post #58

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

Everything would have gone fine if Tal's Sneasel hadn't butted in.

It just seemed to cut in between Nyx and Frostbite, giving the Seel a good Ice Punch. It sent her a few paces back, but a Pokemon as stubborn as Frostbite didn't give up so easily.

"Hope you don't mind if I butt in, Phoenix."
A particularly emotionless remark from a particularly emotionless Pokemon trainer, acting ever so casual, as if he didn't just blow up a cave. Phoenix only blinked, then refocusing his attention to his sister's Pokemon.

Castor obviously noticed, as he worked his way over to Holly and sort of echoed what Tal had said earlier:
"Hope you don't mind if I butt in, Holly." Aside from that, he seemed to be emphasizing the difference between Tal an himself. Either that or they really were just that different, and this was the epitome of a coincidence.

Holly nearly laughed. "Thanks." She put her eyes back on the battle, unintentionally in the same manner as her brother had a few moments ago, and sent Frostbite to continue the earlier assault, evened out between the two Pokemon Castor and herself were now facing.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kranic
post Oct 15 2010, 11:34 PM
Post #59

So I herd u like Motorz
Group Icon

Active Squad

Ooc (click to show)

Castor grinned with the girl's positivity. He turned over to the battle, ready to finish it.

"Icuru, Azure, Take down the Poochyena! From there we can focus on the Sneasel! Holly, support us the best you can."

The two Pokemon gave a solid nod and looked over at each other, with a quick exchange of words in their own language, the two split to opposing sides of the Poochyena and spat their own respective elemental attacks on the dark type. A spread of flames from the zealous Charmeleon and a spray of water from the lovely Marill.

Watching the combination in awe, Castor couldn't help but feel a certain joy from looking at the attacks forming such an obvious contrast in probably the most artistic manner he could never imagine. Fire and Water, the perpetual opposites, working together to complete one single goal while maintaining their distinct difference in their opposing positions. The distinct use of such a wonderful technique of art in such a natural battle made Castor grin even wider. His blood began to rush and his body began to move again, this is what he loved about Pokemon battles. The beauty and the power, but most of all the teamwork of Pokemon and Pokemon, The Collaboration or Trainer and Pokemon, the connectivity of everything and everything that Pokemon battles expressed. It all just made Castor so happy.

With his wide smile, Castor yelled over to Holly as his attacks began to die down.

"Alright Holly, end it with an attack from your Pokemon!"

After all, it was only fair for Holly to finish off her brother.

--------------------

PANE (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Oct 16 2010, 05:48 AM
Post #60

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

Holly watched in awe as Icuru and Azure attacked Nyx in perfect sync. The combination of fire and water was awe-inspiring. The way the balanced was like the balance of yin and yang...It was perfect, and it was breathtaking. Not only that, but it was powerful, and the Poochyena took a lot of damage from the synchronized attack. Holly glanced at Phoenix for a moment. He looked a little shocked, but not the sort of shocked that looks terrified. He looked...amused? His eyes were fixed on the beautiful display, and it seemed to leave and impression on him.

Castor's loud voice snapped her out of her thinking state. It was her turn to finish it off. She looked at Nyx, battered and bruised, and wondered if it was worth it. She looked like she shoul have been returned by then, but Phoenix was making no action. That, and the Poochyena attempted one last charge.

The realization hit Holly a little too late. It has been her lazy day, after all. Well, before they went off to venture in the mountains in search of a band of rebellious teens bent on finding treasure in the caverns by means of explosives. Still, it was her lazy day.

It turned out that she needn't react. The Dunsparce that was disturbed from his nap earlier that day took the initiative. After all, it wasn't Castor and Holly who had caused that disturbance earlier, after all. In fact, they were going to help stop it, and that, as long as Dunsparce cared, was a cause for a return of favor.

Dunsparce rolled himself into a ball as quickly as he could, staying that way as he barged in front of the attack. A Defense Curl, with perfect timing. Nyx rammed into it, but was forced back by the curled up Pokemon. She shook her head vigorously, readying for a second attack.

Holly blinked before realizing what had happened. She smiled, glad that they had a new ally. Taking the opportunity, she commanded, "Frostbite, now's your chance! Headbutt!"

And so the Seel did, hitting the dazed Poochyena perfectly, letting her fall unconscious and rendering her unfit for battle.

"Yes! Thank you, Dunsparce!"

"Dun!" The little Pokemon couldn't agree more when Holly came forward and hugged him. "Thank you~ I should have been more careful...And you did a great job too, Frostbite!"

The Seel beamed, happy to know that.

Meanwhile, Phoenix stared at the scene. Holly didn't see it, but he slowly smiled. "Thanks anyway, Nyx." It was much too soft to hear when he took back the Poochyena into her Pokeball.

OOC (click to show)

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:27 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.