Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is mankind a bad species?, Discuss your answers here
IndigoRain
post Nov 16 2011, 01:54 AM
Post #41

meh.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 117 844

Ultima

QUOTE(Reyo @ Nov 15 2011, 10:42 PM) *
QUOTE(IndigoBlue @ Nov 16 2011, 02:23 AM) *
QUOTE(Reyo @ Nov 15 2011, 10:14 PM) *
QUOTE(Merchant @ Nov 16 2011, 02:06 AM) *
Before Earth there was nothing.
Parasites lived in water, eventually growing and learning to adapt to the land.
These new creatures evolved through everything they touched; becoming suitable for life on the planet they loved on.
This lasted for years until a disaster struck.

Us.

Humans are hunters and warlords. We fight and feast on the land, wanting to ascend to the top and become the ultimate being. We don't know how exactly we were born, but we caused pain and suffering. We waged wars, paved the land, and built our empire. We live on money made from trees and sit on thrones made of smoke, all the while watching ourselves die in a never-ending race for supremacy.
We are a plague.
We are Evil.

And yet, we have compassion. We treat the land with respect, feeding it seeds to grow again while we feast more on what it provides for us. We take and give, and the land does the same for us. We rely on it and it does the same.
We kill and revive. We start families to replace those who died before us. We love when there is someone unloved. We fight for another when they are down. We explore the land and learn more about it every day. We create films for those aspiring to unlock the secrets of the planet we raided and learned to respect.

So my answer is both yes and no.
We are good and we are evil.

I was reading your comment with music from 10,000 BC playing in the background and my brain nearly imploded...

Anyway, I'm sure I said this before, but the human race is just trying to look out for it's survival. Problem is that there's too much of us. For every environmentalist there's another sadist who either doesn't give a rats ass about the human race, or it's survival. Man's not evil, just...overpopulated. There's enough people where SOME are going to be detrimental, and we have no natural process to weed them out aside from "throw them in jail." Besides, I dislike passing judgment on a group, especially one as massive as "the entire human race".

But if all of us, or at least most of us, were watching out for our environment and doing the best we can to keep our planet in shape, would our earth be the way it is today?
I'm not going against you, just making a point.

That's hard to say because it would entitle knowing exactly what the planet needs to thrive. What's more is it would entitle foresight into what certain plans would entitle to the development of the planet. For example, a community entirely composed of how it was in the United States when the Native Americans had control of it definitely displayed that such a community could sustain an environment, but who's to say that the planet can't sustain a technology based community? Global Warming does suggest that fossil fuels are not beneficial to sustain an environment, but there are just as effective models of collecting energy without the harmful effects (wind farms, nuclear power, solar power etc) which suggest that energy production is not a bad thing for the planet.

Point is I don't know. There are good and bad things about industrialization in respect to the environment, but the same is also true about an completely naturalistic environment. The key is finding what works both for us and the environment, and keeping out that which effects the environment.

Very well said.
Yes, there are environment-friendly ways to live and produce energy, correct.
But there are ways that aren't as friendly. And everyone knows that.
And yet we still do them.

--------------------

my party. needs clicks!

vdex! you know you wanna look >:D

-Friendship is like peeing in your pants. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warm feeling that it brings happy.gif
-friends are like bras. They support you, make you look great, and are close you your heart <3
-I didn't lose my mind...it's at home sitting right next to my common sense.

R etards
A ttempting
P oetry

-Multi-tasking=screwing several things up at once.
-Come to the dark side. We have cookies >:)
-Knock hard. Life is deaf.

10 Ways to annoy people in an elevator:
1) Announce in a demonic voice: “I must find a more suitable host body.”
2) Ask, “did you hear that cable snapping sound?”
3) Drop a pen and wait until someone reaches to help pick it up, then scream, “That’s mine!”
4) Hold the elevator door open and say you’re waiting for your friend. After a while, let the doors close and say, “Hi John, how’s your day been?”
5) Hum the theme to Jeopardy.
6) Leave a box in a corner, and when someone gets on, ask if they hear something ticking.
7) Make explosion noises when anyone presses a button.
8) Say, while holding a paper with OUT OF ORDER written on it, “I wonder why this was glued on the door when I came in.”
9) Scribble furiously on a notepad while looking at each passenger. When they try to look, hide the pad.
10) When there’s only one other person on the elevator, tap them on the shoulder and pretend it wasn’t you.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

megaarrow25
post Nov 23 2011, 12:51 AM
Post #42

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 000

My Favorites

Depends on your view, if u see us as the people who took away animals home, and pollute the atmosphere (with smokescreen) then bad. But if u view us as the ones who have evolved the planet to its current state.

--------------------
Me Umbreon, Tyranitar, Meganium, Houndoom, Blastoise, and I will rule the pokemon world.

what pokemon I am (click to show)
My team (click to show)

Blaze's PokePet

Moonlight the level 43 Umbreon!

+Quote Post

Stratospheric Co...
post Nov 27 2011, 05:55 AM
Post #43

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 107 360

Active Squad

We're not good, but we're not terrible. We can do some great things and appalling things. It depends on how you look at it.
+Quote Post

homestuckFanatic
post Dec 23 2011, 08:19 PM
Post #44

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 155 796

Active Squad

I believe that humanity is very bad. We've been ruining ecosystems since our beginnings (we killed off the woolly mammoths, dodos, giant moas, and elephant birds, among others). Nowadays, we force hundreds of species to extinction each decade, some of which we don't even know about. I honestly don't even like being a human. We are absolutely torturous to our home planet. Hundreds of years ago, humans could probably see ten times more stars than we can today.
+Quote Post

Katarina du Cout...
post Dec 23 2011, 11:07 PM
Post #45

Blood for Noxus!
Group Icon

Member No.: 91 809

Active Squad

It depends on our behavior. So I'm neutral on this. -shrug-

--------------------
"Violence solves everything." -Katarina, the Sinister Blade

GPXPlus Party

League of Legends (NA): GlitchyVanell0pe | Tumblr: glitchy-katarina
+Quote Post

The Unholy Diver
post May 6 2012, 01:52 AM
Post #46

The asteriotypical one
Group Icon

From: The wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell
Member No.: 161 989

Z's Team (so far)

I think we have been pretty bad to our planet. We could be so much better. That's the sole reason why i hate almost every human on earth. pathetic really, that an entire species can stoop so low. if humans weren't so wasteful, we could be waaaaayy better off. the only reason why i don't wish we never existed is that not all people are like that. I think of everyone who is better to be above human. if we could, just for a minuet, forget all of this mechanical nonsense and see the bigger picture, i garentee that we would be better as a whole.

--------------------
Thanks to the mobile site, I'm back on gpx!

I CAN CLICK BACK NOW

credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reyo
post May 6 2012, 03:16 PM
Post #47

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

QUOTE(zerohundred @ May 6 2012, 01:52 AM) *
I think we have been pretty bad to our planet. We could be so much better. That's the sole reason why i hate almost every human on earth. pathetic really, that an entire species can stoop so low. if humans weren't so wasteful, we could be waaaaayy better off. the only reason why i don't wish we never existed is that not all people are like that. I think of everyone who is better to be above human. if we could, just for a minuet, forget all of this mechanical nonsense and see the bigger picture, i garentee that we would be better as a whole.

I'll just point out here that you're using a very mechanical computer to type all of this into the very technologically derived internet. Are you suggesting that the entirety of the human race goes back to a completely nomadic society? If so, there needs to be a gross population decrease since such societies can't sustain more than a couple dozen people. Then again, I'm not entirely confident I understand what it is you're proposing the human race does with itself.

This post has been edited by Reyo: May 6 2012, 03:17 PM

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

The Unholy Diver
post May 7 2012, 07:42 PM
Post #48

The asteriotypical one
Group Icon

Z's Team (so far)

QUOTE(Wilycat52 @ Oct 27 2010, 03:58 AM) *
Well, I'm glad that there's still good people in this world... but there are too many people who are foolish, ignorant idiots who have nothing better to do than ruin everyone's lives!!! There's too fracking many! Scum of the Earth! (what i like to say that?) Congrats to all the humans out there who actually have intelligence....

i completely agree with every word. thank you for saying that

I'll just point out here that you're using a very mechanical computer to type all of this into the very technologically derived internet. Are you suggesting that the entirety of the human race goes back to a completely nomadic society? If so, there needs to be a gross population decrease since such societies can't sustain more than a couple dozen people. Then again, I'm not entirely confident I understand what it is you're proposing the human race does with itself.

I'm not completely against technology, but people are obsessed with it. i have no idea what we should do with ourselves.
EDIT: wait! i know! we can stop being idiots! that won't solve every problem, but we'll be better off i garuentee!

--------------------

I CAN CLICK BACK NOW

credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reyo
post May 7 2012, 08:45 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(zerohundred @ May 7 2012, 07:42 PM) *

I'm not completely against technology, but people are obsessed with it. i have no idea what we should do with ourselves.
EDIT: wait! i know! we can stop being idiots! that won't solve every problem, but we'll be better off i garuentee!

The problem with that is everyone thinks THEY'RE the shining example of intelligence when I guarantee there's someone out there who thinks they're an idiot as well.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

+Quote Post

Toogee
post May 8 2012, 09:58 PM
Post #50

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

Is mankind a bad species?

No worse than any other species on Earth. Every species has specific adaptations to survive and procreate. We have our intelligence. Any other species would have taken full advantage of such intelligence to better their chances of survival. Why should we apologize for our success?

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reyo
post May 9 2012, 01:52 AM
Post #51

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Toogee @ May 8 2012, 09:58 PM) *
Is mankind a bad species?

No worse than any other species on Earth. Every species has specific adaptations to survive and procreate. We have our intelligence. Any other species would have taken full advantage of such intelligence to better their chances of survival. Why should we apologize for our success?

It's adaptations to. Dolphins have bigger grey matter, and display some level of intelligence similar to our own, but they can't make it out of the ocean. Then again it may be paradise in the ocean and we're the idiots for keeping on land.

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Unholy Diver
post May 11 2012, 06:23 PM
Post #52

The asteriotypical one
Group Icon

Z's Team (so far)

QUOTE(deinonychosauria @ Dec 23 2011, 06:19 PM) *
I believe that humanity is very bad. We've been ruining ecosystems since our beginnings (we killed off the woolly mammoths, dodos, giant moas, and elephant birds, among others). Nowadays, we force hundreds of species to extinction each decade, some of which we don't even know about. I honestly don't even like being a human. We are absolutely torturous to our home planet. Hundreds of years ago, humans could probably see ten times more stars than we can today.

sadnod.gif
according to a statistic i read in my school planner, 500 species go extinct every day! pissed.gif
The problem with that is everyone thinks THEY'RE the shining example of intelligence when I guarantee there's someone out there who thinks they're an idiot as well.
hmmyes.gif
this is ture. if only selfishness wasn't a survival skill. I wish humans could reason that half the things they're doing is bad for the environment. CO2 carbon dioxide isn't the only problem. according to a study, CO2 levels were responding to high temperatures rathar than cousing them. I'm pretty sure CO1 carbon monoxide is a big problem as well, but emmissions aren't the only thing causing environmental distress. Deforestation is a big prob. although reforestation works, it's impossible to reforest rainforests because the heavy rain in the area washes away the nutrients in the soil. There's also other polution. we have a lot of problems to correct. -_-2.gif i wish i could wave a magic wand and fix all of this magic.gif

--------------------

I CAN CLICK BACK NOW

credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:08 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.