Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Eternal Youth or Mortality?, (Would this be in the wrong forum?)
FranDrinksTea
post Jun 4 2010, 07:03 PM
Post #21

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 52 897

Active Squad

I'd take immortality with out a doubt,
Like somebody else said,
I always wanted to see how the human race/world would evolve to
one a few thousand years pass.

I have a few thoughts of what somebody else said, though.
If we're immortal, then how would we die because of the great heat?
We're immortal, nothing could kill us.

--------------------

blahblahblah

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kiseki Lin
post Jun 6 2010, 06:37 AM
Post #22

The Asian Boy Band Fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 708

Active Squad

As interesting as immortality sounds, I'm more of the liking of mortality. I'm a person who thrives on companionship and the like. Also, I hope to have a family one day. If I have immortality, those ideas will clash and be shot. Why? I'm the one having immortality, they will die. I'd hate to watch every I've ever loved died and be lonely. I can chose to be by myself, but the longing in my heart will never fade, and so I'll suffer.
+Quote Post

Sl3ndii
post Mar 20 2011, 09:41 AM
Post #23

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 83 579

Active Squad

Eternal Youth.

Tough I will miss my friends and family, I would like to see what we humans like look like in the future.

--------------------
Mon, June 23: I have lost interest in using the sites due to other websites taking my interest so I will no longer be online as of today
+Quote Post

Stratospheric Co...
post Mar 23 2011, 06:07 AM
Post #24

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 107 360

Active Squad

QUOTE(MoogleSam @ May 17 2010, 07:04 PM) *
If no one else could get it, I would refuse. I love my family and friends too much to watch them all die, I would feel alone in the world without them. sad.gif

Pretty much what Moogle said.
+Quote Post

Iconox
post Mar 24 2011, 10:25 PM
Post #25

Romantic Misanthropist
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 34 260

Legend League

It depends for me.

If I could have the emotion of loneliness that results from watching your loved ones die taken away (along with the desire for human companionship I guess), I'd choose immortality. That is unless others were to get it too.

I do see merit in the concept of mortality however. Only having a set time to live makes one savor each day. Plus, mortals as people are can develop interpersonal relationships. So, I guess both are good in their own ways.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Some Person
post Mar 25 2011, 09:52 AM
Post #26

Don't let me detain you...
Group Icon

Member No.: 127 207

Vetinari's Terriers

Eternal Youth.

Okay, I'd miss my family and that for a bit, but I'd get over it eventually. Think of the things you could learn, the good you could do if you had all the time in the world to do it in- set up a charity and make sure it keeps on track, watch your great-great-grandkids and make sure they're okay, build a library and write some books to go in it.
Also, I hate the idea of old age and death. It scares me and makes me feel sick to the stomach- old people scare me, old people's illness and frailty scare me. Yeah, and I'm selfish but that's the way I am. It could be said that my view of growing older is a bit like Lord Orochimaru's- avoid! To sum up, I would grab the chance to live forever with both hands. When would I get another chance like it?

--------------------
"The world spins on pain. I realised that if there is a supreme power, then it is our duty to become it's moral superior." -Lord Havelock Vetinari, Patrician of Ankh-Morpork

"The sentient may perceive and love the universe, but the universe may not perceive and love the sentient. The universe sees no distinction between the multitude of creatures and elements which comprise it. All are equal. None is favored. The universe, equipped with nothing but the materials and the power of creation, continues to create: something of this, something of that. It cannot control what it creates and it cannot, it seems, be controlled by its creations (though a few might deceive themselves otherwise). Those who curse the workings of the universe curse that which is deaf. Those who strike out at those workings fight that which is inviolate. Those who shake their fists, shake their fists at blind stars."- Michael Moorcock, author.
+Quote Post

ChocolateVanilla
post Mar 31 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #27

Not LOLing, Laughing Out Loud. :D
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 686

Active Squad

I think I would have to stick with mortality. If I was eternally young, I would probably become lazy. Why go see the world, when I could see the world any day. Heck, why should I go to school if I could go to school whenever I want to without worrying about being too old when I get to the working field. I wouldn't be motivated to do anything, since I could do everything.

Or, almost worse, I would do everything and everything would lose its charm. Like what Iconox said- you can't really savor life.

--------------------
Credit for Awesomely Awesome Pictures (click to show)

+Quote Post

The Corrosion
post Mar 31 2011, 08:52 PM
Post #28

I think I just ate a chicken bone.
Group Icon

Member No.: 71 850

HG Party

Immortality without a doubt. Though I'd end up looking like a 13 year-old for the rest my life. Not fun (?). I would glad because I could finish any projects I would get, because I couldn't die and work on them for forever. I would be sad at first if my family died, but really...I'm too afraid of becoming an old person with old-person sicknesses.

--------------------
Why do n00bs exist? Find out by pressing Ctrl+W!
Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

IndigoRain
post Nov 16 2011, 02:14 AM
Post #29

meh.
Group Icon

Member No.: 117 844

Ultima

Mortality no doubt.
Shame on those who said they would get over the fact that their friends and family died.
I would never get over it no matter how long i lived.
It's unnatural and weird to live forever. The reason why life is so precious is because we only have a limited amount of it. If we were immortal, life would literally have no meaning.
Every day you wake up, reminding yourself that it's a new day, and once again, you have nothing better to do.
You wouldn't bother to learn. You have enough time later to learn. You wouldn't bother to do anything useful because there's always tomorrow.
If we were all immortal, evolution would stop.
So there would be no point in saying you want to be immortal to see what the future would be like.

--------------------

my party. needs clicks!

vdex! you know you wanna look >:D

-Friendship is like peeing in your pants. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warm feeling that it brings happy.gif
-friends are like bras. They support you, make you look great, and are close you your heart <3
-I didn't lose my mind...it's at home sitting right next to my common sense.

R etards
A ttempting
P oetry

-Multi-tasking=screwing several things up at once.
-Come to the dark side. We have cookies >:)
-Knock hard. Life is deaf.

10 Ways to annoy people in an elevator:
1) Announce in a demonic voice: “I must find a more suitable host body.”
2) Ask, “did you hear that cable snapping sound?”
3) Drop a pen and wait until someone reaches to help pick it up, then scream, “That’s mine!”
4) Hold the elevator door open and say you’re waiting for your friend. After a while, let the doors close and say, “Hi John, how’s your day been?”
5) Hum the theme to Jeopardy.
6) Leave a box in a corner, and when someone gets on, ask if they hear something ticking.
7) Make explosion noises when anyone presses a button.
8) Say, while holding a paper with OUT OF ORDER written on it, “I wonder why this was glued on the door when I came in.”
9) Scribble furiously on a notepad while looking at each passenger. When they try to look, hide the pad.
10) When there’s only one other person on the elevator, tap them on the shoulder and pretend it wasn’t you.
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Nov 16 2011, 05:36 AM
Post #30

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

I'd take it. I don't have that much a connection with that many people and being able to live young for eternity, while boring, does have the benefit of having more control over the time aspect of your life. I'd no longer be bound by the specific timelines set up by other people as far as "you must have degree by this time" or "this is when you must retire" that are primarily due to differences in age. I'd be able to explore without fear of "taking up too much of my time". As for personal connections, I've adapted to sustain myself without deep relationships. It'd be a small chip to bear.

Besides, I'd troll the fuck out of everybody by showing up in important pictures everywhere.

QUOTE(IndigoBlue @ Nov 16 2011, 03:14 AM) *
Mortality no doubt.
Shame on those who said they would get over the fact that their friends and family died.

Death is as much a part of life as life itself (as ironic as that sounds in a thread about immortality). A natural part of growing up is coming to terms with the fact that you're most likely going to outlive your parents. As for friends, that would be hard, but given near infinite time I'd have to move on, or go insane.

This post has been edited by Reyo: Nov 16 2011, 05:41 AM

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

IndigoRain
post Nov 16 2011, 11:48 PM
Post #31

meh.
Group Icon

Member No.: 117 844

Ultima

QUOTE(Reyo @ Nov 16 2011, 02:36 AM) *
I'd take it. I don't have that much a connection with that many people and being able to live young for eternity, while boring, does have the benefit of having more control over the time aspect of your life. I'd no longer be bound by the specific timelines set up by other people as far as "you must have degree by this time" or "this is when you must retire" that are primarily due to differences in age. I'd be able to explore without fear of "taking up too much of my time". As for personal connections, I've adapted to sustain myself without deep relationships. It'd be a small chip to bear.

Besides, I'd troll the fuck out of everybody by showing up in important pictures everywhere.

QUOTE(IndigoBlue @ Nov 16 2011, 03:14 AM) *
Mortality no doubt.

Death is as much a part of life as life itself (as ironic as that sounds in a thread about immortality). A natural part of growing up is coming to terms with the fact that you're most likely going to outlive your parents. As for friends, that would be hard, but given near infinite time I'd have to move on, or go insane.

meh. Perhaps i was exaggeration when I said "as long as I lived". But I was trying to prove a point. I just know that I won't be able to bear the idea of my friends growing old and wrinkled and passing on while I stay young. It reminds me of being friends with a grandma, or grandpa. Who see's their friends as grandparents?! It just doesn't work for me.
As for parents, I know that most parents die before their children, being a whole generation older.
I'm just trying to say that I would choose mortality over immortality. It would be less painful. And honestly, once you turn eighty years old, you would welcome a long sleep. Nothing like the younger generation to make you feel way older.
Staying the way you are forever. No change. No difference. It's just too unnatural for me. Part of growing up is seeing your body mature and eventually die.

--------------------

my party. needs clicks!

vdex! you know you wanna look >:D

-Friendship is like peeing in your pants. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warm feeling that it brings happy.gif
-friends are like bras. They support you, make you look great, and are close you your heart <3
-I didn't lose my mind...it's at home sitting right next to my common sense.

R etards
A ttempting
P oetry

-Multi-tasking=screwing several things up at once.
-Come to the dark side. We have cookies >:)
-Knock hard. Life is deaf.

10 Ways to annoy people in an elevator:
1) Announce in a demonic voice: “I must find a more suitable host body.”
2) Ask, “did you hear that cable snapping sound?”
3) Drop a pen and wait until someone reaches to help pick it up, then scream, “That’s mine!”
4) Hold the elevator door open and say you’re waiting for your friend. After a while, let the doors close and say, “Hi John, how’s your day been?”
5) Hum the theme to Jeopardy.
6) Leave a box in a corner, and when someone gets on, ask if they hear something ticking.
7) Make explosion noises when anyone presses a button.
8) Say, while holding a paper with OUT OF ORDER written on it, “I wonder why this was glued on the door when I came in.”
9) Scribble furiously on a notepad while looking at each passenger. When they try to look, hide the pad.
10) When there’s only one other person on the elevator, tap them on the shoulder and pretend it wasn’t you.
+Quote Post

Ryuko
post Nov 18 2011, 02:20 AM
Post #32

Scarlet
Group Icon

Member No.: 83 356

Heaven's Wheel

Live forever? Why of course I would. You could finally sing Still Alive, and it actually be true.

Jokes aside, if the opportunity ever arose, yes, I would take it. But I wouldn't just sit around like a lazy shit and do nothing. I'd go out and actually do some good.

--------------------

"Violence, Lust and Betrayal"
And so is the Golden City blackened with each step you take in my Hall. Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
You have brought Sin to Heaven and doom upon all the world.
-Threnodies 8:13

signature image too large; removed

~ Raven
+Quote Post

megaarrow25
post Nov 23 2011, 12:48 AM
Post #33

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 000

My Favorites

Depends on the age if 21 then yes because you have the ability to do most things in life as in driving drinking and voting

--------------------
Me Umbreon, Tyranitar, Meganium, Houndoom, Blastoise, and I will rule the pokemon world.

what pokemon I am (click to show)
My team (click to show)

Blaze's PokePet

Moonlight the level 43 Umbreon!

+Quote Post

BarkingChaos
post Nov 27 2011, 05:55 PM
Post #34

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 100

Sandshrew Army

Eternal Youth only of there was some kind of escape clause.
+Quote Post

PawsrentOrigin
post Dec 1 2011, 09:21 PM
Post #35

Seasons Greetings!
Group Icon

Member No.: 126 421

Active Squad

Mortality. If I stayed young forever I would just have to get used to people staring at a 300 year-old man while I sit in a cage at the freak show.

--------------------
+Quote Post

PawsrentOrigin
post Dec 1 2011, 09:21 PM
Post #36

Seasons Greetings!
Group Icon

Member No.: 126 421

Active Squad

Oops, computer error made double post.

This post has been edited by PawsrentOrigin: Dec 1 2011, 09:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Katarina du Cout...
post Dec 5 2011, 01:39 AM
Post #37

Blood for Noxus!
Group Icon

Member No.: 91 809

Active Squad

Does dying at a young age and returning to Earth as a ghost count as eternal youth?

If so, then eternal youth.

--------------------
"Violence solves everything." -Katarina, the Sinister Blade

GPXPlus Party

League of Legends (NA): GlitchyVanell0pe | Tumblr: glitchy-katarina
+Quote Post

Some Person
post Dec 5 2011, 09:44 AM
Post #38

Don't let me detain you...
Group Icon

Member No.: 127 207

Vetinari's Terriers

Am I the only one thinking "I wanna live forever, I wanna learn how to fly"?

(I do want to do both, actually. sealed.gif )

--------------------
"The world spins on pain. I realised that if there is a supreme power, then it is our duty to become it's moral superior." -Lord Havelock Vetinari, Patrician of Ankh-Morpork

"The sentient may perceive and love the universe, but the universe may not perceive and love the sentient. The universe sees no distinction between the multitude of creatures and elements which comprise it. All are equal. None is favored. The universe, equipped with nothing but the materials and the power of creation, continues to create: something of this, something of that. It cannot control what it creates and it cannot, it seems, be controlled by its creations (though a few might deceive themselves otherwise). Those who curse the workings of the universe curse that which is deaf. Those who strike out at those workings fight that which is inviolate. Those who shake their fists, shake their fists at blind stars."- Michael Moorcock, author.
+Quote Post

Cloud Nine
post Dec 5 2011, 11:43 AM
Post #39

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 616

My Sexy Babies

I have Gerascophobia. Which is why I decided I'd actually comment on this post.
With a Fear of Aging, I would definitely accept the offer of Eternal youth. The thought of growing old and changing makes me incredibly nervous and worried.
If given this option, I do not think I'd spend my life happy knowing my friends and family will age and pass away while I continue to live, however as I watch that happen, it will surely affect me negatively, yet I would start to really appreciate this eternal youth I was given.

--------------------
Clicky Clicky meh? I clicky clicky backy?
Add meh to palpaddy?
Generally love meh?

+Quote Post

FirePower
post Dec 5 2011, 12:54 PM
Post #40

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 077

My Dream Team

I would choose mortality without a doubt. Sure I'm scared of death- who ain't?- but honestly, in some way death would be so much better than eternal life, whether you ever got old or not.

There is the already mentioned procrastinating, getting bored out of your skull, losing friends and family, but that's really just the tip of the iceberg. Immortality would mean living no matter what happened to you. Say you got caught in a terrorist bombing or something like that, and most of you was damaged beyond repair. You'd still live, but wouldn't hardly be able to do anything because most of you no longer can be used.

Or say you did something really bad, and got sentenced to jail for life. I've never been to jail or prison, but ask most anyone whose been and I'm almost sure they'd tell you it ain't a good place to be. If you had eternal life, that would mean you'd never die, which would mean you were stuck in jail for eternity (or at least until the jail rots on top of you, but then they'd probably just put you in a different jail). Getting the death penalty would be even worse, since you'd continuously be subject to lethal injection/ the electric chair.

Now for my third, and final point. Say you were a Christian, or of similar faith. In that case, you would believe that when you died, you would go to Heaven or a similar paradise to live forever with the deity you worshiped. Considering that the world is not anything close to said paradise, wouldn't it be better to wait until you died and went there, where you'd be forever in your prime anyways?

--------------------
I am a Christian. Jesus Christ loves me, and he loves you too. With a "never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love" (Jesus Storybook Bible).

Click the trainer card to get to my PANE current levels post!

My Stories (click to show)

Avitar Credits (click to show)

Previously known as Hurple and Drakonawin
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:57 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.