Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Musing Reality, Your thoughts?
Poqle McBeth
post May 29 2012, 03:01 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 158 474

Active Squad

I have mused reality for a while, and wanted to get a few more points of view on what I have personally concluded.

As I've grown up from my pre-teen years and am now almost out of high school, I have come to realise a LOT of what my parents taught me to be true (Christianity and a great moral compass) turned out to be very, very subjective things. Getting comfortable with that took a while, but I have been fine knowing that I don't have the answers and will maybe never know. Everyone these days, at least in America, debate Christianity vs Atheism all the time. Which could be right? Well, I say the answer is neither and both.

Reality itself is an extremely subjective thing. What is real is what a person perceives to be real. Each person therefore has a different reality, and whether they choose to base their reality off of another's beliefs or the human-made concepts that represent science is their choice. This is why I hate when Atheists or Christians try to debate who's "right". It's like telling me my opinion is wrong, at least in my eyes. I believe that because of reality's subjective nature, no belief can be held as complete truth.

Anyways, I hope I didn't turn that into a rant. I would like others to discuss their feelings about my personal findings.

--------------------
everybody's doing it
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reyo
post May 30 2012, 03:16 AM
Post #2

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 30 281

space team

To be honest, my feelings about your personal findings is that they sound an awful lot like any personal finding would if you took a philosophy class and applied it to religion. The struggle isn't really to find out why theism and atheism may never get along, it's been how we're supposed to get the annoying members of either party to shut the hell up. With that said, I will also say that this particular revelation is one that is definitely important for everyone to make. Maybe if everyone did make that revelation the annoying members of the "theism vs atheism" debate would cease to exist since everyone would realize that they're just as annoying as they feel the opposition is being.

This post has been edited by Reyo: May 30 2012, 03:17 AM

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:46 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.