Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
A Dozen Eggs, A group dedicated to helping new users hatch their first dozen eggs.
BTS Jin
post Feb 12 2012, 08:10 PM
Post #21

you can't eat a pool
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 20 146

we only swim free

An issue with the "Eggs Hatched" list is that some eggs on there come from banned/suspended accounts. This interrupts clicking, and the main banned user was banned over a year ago. I've reported the user's account. Hopefully it will be deleted so that clicking will be more efficient with that particular list.

--------------------
justnosense

ripulse
allegro
manila
klaine
kurtbastian
wooper

teen heat
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Jacin Tatt
post Feb 12 2012, 08:13 PM
Post #22

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 136 753

Sparkle Sparkle

Hopefully that won't interrupt it too badly. At any rate, once we've got all the inactive users eggs to 100%, this will be a much easier and more effective task. The end result of this groups efforts is basically going to be an increase in the active user base of the site, which I can't wait for. The more people playing, the better grin.gif

--------------------

Maker of the Cherrim novelty Pokemon
Maker of the Flame Zorua/Zoroark novelty Pokemon

If you add me to your Pal Pad, I will do full-team clicks every day.

+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Feb 12 2012, 09:40 PM
Post #23

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 837

Active Squad

QUOTE(Jacin Tatt @ Feb 13 2012, 12:13 PM) *
The end result of this groups efforts is basically going to be an increase in the active user base of the site, which I can't wait for. The more people playing, the better grin.gif

And with that, faster hatching for us if they return the favor. grin.gif

It'd be nice to click more active users rather than resort to the random list on a day where you want to click a ton. At least the clicks will actually do something then. =P

But yeah. I might stick to doing 1-2 pages a day for now (I open 1000 users at a time after all) and click aimlessly from there. A lot of the last page has already been reduced to Pokémon only. XD
+Quote Post

Velocity
post Feb 12 2012, 10:10 PM
Post #24

Pokemon Master!
Group Icon

Member No.: 40 800

Mew!

Like many have said I think it's great that this group is doing something to get all inactive users eggs to 100% maturity so that we can help out those new beginners and ultimately have a more interactive online user list. But I also think we should explore why those inactive users leave after such a short time being on this site. (whether it's a few days or weeks) After searching the questions and help side of the forums, many new users find it hard to click, collect points, pass orbs etc, get achievements and do explorations. Even though we all find it relatively easy. I think we should create a beginner user manual which will ultimately help these beginners navigate there way around the site. (Again I know it's easy to click on the help page and find the answer) But again many users a put off by the amount of information on the page or simply don't know how to. If we can make it seem easier for new users to interact with others then I think we will achieve the groups goal.

Feel free to add anything on to this or expand on it if you think it's a good idea, Ultimately our goal for this group is all the same so even if we don't run with this I would like to feel that I have tried to contributed in one way or another.

This post has been edited by Velocity: Feb 12 2012, 10:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jacin Tatt
post Feb 12 2012, 10:23 PM
Post #25

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 136 753

Sparkle Sparkle

Nice idea Velocity. I think that could work pretty well happy.gif

Also - http://gpxplus.net/users/list/364

That isn't going to be helpful all the time, but its basically the users who have signed up most recently. If we also worked on clicking that (the most recent new members) we could be helping them right away. If they see their eggs maturing quickly they will be inspired to stay a little longer and explore more.

--------------------

Maker of the Cherrim novelty Pokemon
Maker of the Flame Zorua/Zoroark novelty Pokemon

If you add me to your Pal Pad, I will do full-team clicks every day.

+Quote Post

Barney Stinson
post Feb 12 2012, 11:22 PM
Post #26

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 112 118

Active Squad

@Velocity, I already offered this idea in the first page.

QUOTE(Jacin Tatt @ Feb 13 2012, 01:23 AM) *
Nice idea Velocity. I think that could work pretty well happy.gif

Also - http://gpxplus.net/users/list/364

That isn't going to be helpful all the time, but its basically the users who have signed up most recently. If we also worked on clicking that (the most recent new members) we could be helping them right away. If they see their eggs maturing quickly they will be inspired to stay a little longer and explore more.

This list as already been offered by Tyranisaur. But as I said there is the eggs obtained lists. Thus lists organized by the count of eggs that obtained by the user and if user obtained <12 eggs it means he hatched less then 12 eggs. The ones that not on this list are users who didn't obtained any eggs yet so there are no eggs to interact with in their party.

Eggs Obtained list is my new method grin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Velocity
post Feb 12 2012, 11:33 PM
Post #27

Pokemon Master!
Group Icon

Member No.: 40 800

Mew!

@Barney, yes you did mention constructing a general message on how the site works happy.gif I am simply "adding", "extending", "elaborating" or even putting my own spin on creating a new user manual. Anyway that's beside the point, if anyone has anything to add to this or think it's a good idea I think we should run with this idea.

--------------------
+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Feb 13 2012, 02:49 AM
Post #28

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 440

Active Squad

QUOTE(Barney Stinson @ Feb 12 2012, 01:23 PM) *
What about the eggs obtained list?
This list should do the job.

I worked my way through this list yesterday up to about 10 obtained eggs. I did not think there would be many eggs to do as I assumed they would have hatched at least 1 egg so already have been covered by my passage through the basic 'Eggs Hatched' list. Boy was I surprised.

There were thousands and thousands of eggs to click! These users might have obtained almost a dozen eggs but apparently they abandoned them without hatching and got more.

The majority of the users were in the lower obtained eggs count but there were still plenty of eggs right up until the last pages of the list.

I think this is a very interesting approach to reach the 0-egg group and might be better overall than the more obvious 'Eggs Hatched.' However, it is full of players who have quit and it will take some effort to polish those eggs off. My clicking of the 'Eggs Hatched' list for several weeks did reduce it and our combined attentions will steadily make the process quicker.

Other Comments:

The use of the 'new users' from the end of the general 'User List' is something I never considered. I sure with the list could be sorted in the reverse order, however, since with 1,000 users per page I have a list of almost 1,000 users some of whom have been here for quite a while. I clicked them all (eggs and pokemon) just for good measure and to gain a feel for this approach.

Several members have commented we should consider asking for some lists to be provided which would include the 0-egg/new users in a format most useful for our goal. I think we should first apply ourselves using the tools at hand and then after we have learned more and demonstrated our commitment make a request for a new list from the devs.

-TM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Barney Stinson
post Feb 13 2012, 02:59 AM
Post #29

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

They abandoned eggs, so it means they need a basic knowledge of the site.

I wrote a draft for manual/welcome massage for the new users:
CODE
Hi there and welcome to gpx+,

To help you to get familiar with the site here a few things that might help you with that:

1. First of all you should to know how to obtain eggs and pokemon. In this game there is a Shelter and Lab.
In the Lab there are eggs that proffesor cypress lab produce. In the Shelter there are pokemon and eggs that
abandoned by other users or eggs that other users daycare produce.

2. You should always remember that this site is basically on hatching eggs so the best way to do that it's to
interact with other users party and by that they'll probably interact with your eggs and pokemon back.
For optimazing your clicking technique there is a guide on the forum:
<link>

3. The second thing you should know about is the shop, the shop is the place you can buy things that help you
with evolving, things that help you with hatching faster and getting more eggs and pokemon. There are several
places in the shop you can visit and purchasing staff. The way to obtain points is to do several staff on the site,
like adopting an egg/pokemon, interact with egg/pokemon, battle in the battle tower or the vs. seeker.

4. Another thing that this site is based on is explorations. Each exploration has requirments and once you qualify the
requirments you embark on the exploration and start to do tasks. Once you finished all the tasks of an exploration you'll
get a prize (Egg of a legendary pokemon or a rare pokemon for this site and sometimes even rare items).

Good luck :D

Give a comment on changes that should be made in this.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Feb 13 2012, 05:30 AM
Post #30

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

The eggs obtained list is a very good idea. The users that have obtained 12 or less eggs and do have eggs can not have hatched 12 eggs. And yes, there is a lot more users on that list. Clicking all those eggs takes time. I am currently in the land of people that have obtained 6. And people, the pokemon/egg pages come with lists of people that have clicked them today. Looking at those, I am clearly walking in the footsteps of TM.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Feb 13 2012, 06:38 AM
Post #31

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Feb 13 2012, 02:30 AM) *
And people, the pokemon/egg pages come with lists of people that have clicked them today. Looking at those, I am clearly walking in the footsteps of TM.

I made it up to about 10 or 11 today. Fortunately it gets a little bit easier towards the end. And it should steadily get easier as even this first week progresses since many of the eggs were quite mature.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Giraffe A Laugh
post Feb 13 2012, 08:56 AM
Post #32

That one laughing Giraffe
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 646

Active Squad

There was a lot of mistakes that I noticed barney, so I went ahead and fixed them, but are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, yeah it'd be nice to send out a letter and all, but it could come off as annoying for other members. Anyways, here's the edited text.

Spoiler (click to showhide)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Elito
post Feb 13 2012, 09:31 AM
Post #33

My life's a theater.
Group Icon

Member No.: 50 181

MonoPoison

First of all I have to say the idea for this group is amazing and I'm so glad it came to living.

Ok so, I don't think that the idea of sending PM's to new users would be good. First of all, we ain't mods to send people PM's on how to use the site. Secondly, it'd be too long and not understandable for the new users. The ideas as an idea is great, but it's just too complicated for the newbies.

--------------------

x
+Quote Post

Barney Stinson
post Feb 13 2012, 09:46 AM
Post #34

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Thanks for the fixing!! I have a bit of trouble with english since it's my second language (After hebrew). The letter looks much better now grin.gif

Yeah, it'll be annoying to users who already know what's going around but they always can avoid the rest of the letter after reading the first line.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Feb 13 2012, 11:55 AM
Post #35

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Jo Calderone @ Feb 13 2012, 02:31 PM) *
First of all I have to say the idea for this group is amazing and I'm so glad it came to living.

Ok so, I don't think that the idea of sending PM's to new users would be good. First of all, we ain't mods to send people PM's on how to use the site. Secondly, it'd be too long and not understandable for the new users. The ideas as an idea is great, but it's just too complicated for the newbies.

^ agreeing with this.

I'm not sure how fast people sign up to this place but chances are we'd end up sending multiple PM's to 1 person and we'd probably be bombarded with various things.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Feb 13 2012, 12:08 PM
Post #36

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

The eggs obtained variant took a while, because there was a lot of eggs to click. But it does help our cause, because users that have obtained 12 or less eggs and still have eggs in their parties can not have hatched 12 eggs. And with our combined effort over time, the amount of inactive users' eggs will drop.

Also, pm's sounds like too much. Another idea is to make videos about aspects of the site, and put them up on youtube. That might even make more people testing out the site as well as giving good advice.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Spades Slick
post Feb 13 2012, 04:38 PM
Post #37

I think you underestimate the depth of my pettiness
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 762

bluh bluh huge bitch

Just got the acceptance from ThunderMoss; thanks again. I think this is going to be a really nice way to get the less active users to become more involved once they see their own eggs getting a bit of attention.

I went ahead and interacted through the "Eggs Hatched" list, which didn't take too long at all. I don't have time right now to do the "Eggs Obtained" list, but won't those naturally intersect with the Hatched list? For example, if there are users with 12 eggs obtained but only 8 eggs hatched, we'd already run into them in the 8s of the Eggs Hatched list. At least, if one is only clicking their eggs, of course; allowing for Pokemon, too, would make the number of interactions in this group that much higher.

--------------------
[align=center]add me for daily clicks [735/1000]

~:* I love my wife Jen *:~
|

READ THE HELP PAGE OR I WILL STAB YOU

WiiU: drgdgrana (Sm4sh) | 3DS: 1204-0469-8787 | PSN: ghostscreamer[/align]
+Quote Post

Slix
post Feb 13 2012, 04:42 PM
Post #38

Poliwag Awesome Dude
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 353

Poliwag!

I'm glad I can be a part of this! First off, I'll do some of the newest users and such whenever I get a chance to.

Why not make that a post somewhere that would be stickied and locked? Would that work?

--------------------

Looking for a small, close, friendly community where you can hang out, talk about Pokémon and anything, and have fun?
Check out Poliwager Forums!
+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Feb 13 2012, 05:47 PM
Post #39

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Samoo @ Feb 13 2012, 08:55 AM) *
I'm not sure how fast people sign up to this place but chances are we'd end up sending multiple PM's to 1 person and we'd probably be bombarded with various things.

Each day about 20-30 new players show up.

I think this is something best left to the site staff. Sending these PMs could be considered spam. We could still prepare some very short (easily digested) guides and note them in profiles and status messages. This would be similar to how players are allowed to seek Pal Pad adds for Social Networking.

QUOTE(Spades Slick @ Feb 13 2012, 01:38 PM) *
...I went ahead and interacted through the "Eggs Hatched" list, which didn't take too long at all. I don't have time right now to do the "Eggs Obtained" list, but won't those naturally intersect with the Hatched list? For example, if there are users with 12 eggs obtained but only 8 eggs hatched, we'd already run into them in the 8s of the Eggs Hatched list. At least, if one is only clicking their eggs, of course; allowing for Pokemon, too, would make the number of interactions in this group that much higher.

I also thought there would be a lot of overlap but after trying it there was far too little. I can understand those who have 1-6 eggs obtained but none hatched. The users with 11 obtained but zero hatched? Argh.

The eggs obtained list is presently much harder to work through but in the future might be the best list to use. Many of the eggs had high maturity so the list ought to become much more manageable over the next week even with just a few mass clickers from 12Eggs working on it.

I have updated the third post with the addition of the obtained eggs and general user lists since these appear to be the best two methods to reach the new users without needing to maintain our own list.

--------------------
+Quote Post

BTS Jin
post Feb 13 2012, 06:07 PM
Post #40

you can't eat a pool
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 146

we only swim free

Since there seems to be a bit of confusion and many different posts regarding which lists would be best on click on:

I suggest that somewhere in the first few posts (the stickied posts, as Slix put it) we should have a list of lists, or rather a list of all of the different viable user lists that we can use to achieve our goal of helping newer users/those who have not hatched many eggs yet. This would also include a description of the pros and cons of clicking on each particular list. (I see this has already been done, leading to the next part.)

Taking it a step further would be to list which group members plan to click each list. For example:

Users by Join Date
Member A - Member B - Member E - Member F

Eggs Hatched
Member A - Member C - Member F

Eggs Obtained
Member A - Member B - Member D - Member E - Member G

Group members would choose for themselves which list(s) they plan to click. Such a list would not need to be updated frequently, as group members would tend to click the same lists continuously. This list of members also would not be too strict; if a member decides to randomly click one of the other lists they did not sign up for, they would not have to inform the group. This list would not be used to dictate which members are allowed to click which lists, but would show which lists we tend to click the most, so as to give members an idea of which lists need attention. This would help us to reach more eggs. If we use a system like this, it would be easier to determine if a particular set of eggs is being neglected.

I understand the idea isn't fully developed, but the gist of it is that we need a way of knowing how many members will tend to click what. If I'm being overly confusing, I apologize.

--------------------
justnosense

ripulse
allegro
manila
klaine
kurtbastian
wooper

teen heat
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 12:10 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.