Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

427 Pages V  « < 421 422 423 424 425 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
What grinds your gears!?, GPX Related Only
gregoryk
post May 25 2019, 02:28 AM
Post #8441

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 257 023

Lil villains

i hate thhat if im trying to properly click pokemon while mass clicking that i have to move my mouse around a bunch. my hands cramp up a lot so it makes clicking a massive pain so i end up just clicking a single berry which feels horrible

--------------------

gregory “ greg “ / 17 / english + german
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Cytosine
post May 25 2019, 11:21 AM
Post #8442

shloop
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 37 706

swabbies

QUOTE(gregoryk @ May 25 2019, 02:28 AM) *
i hate thhat if im trying to properly click pokemon while mass clicking that i have to move my mouse around a bunch. my hands cramp up a lot so it makes clicking a massive pain so i end up just clicking a single berry which feels horrible

I suggest if you're on desktop to try using the hotkeys: numbers 1-5, corresponding to the berry slots. And the spacebar can be used instead of the 5 key.

--------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+Quote Post

utikeevs
post May 31 2019, 07:14 PM
Post #8443

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 257 114

Active Squad

It's so annoying how long it takes to complete exploration tasks, which require to have Pokemon in party fed a certain berry several amount of times.
I wonder, if it was easier some time ago, because it seems that in 2011, when the record of online users was set, there were much more active users.
Sometimes I wish, those requirements were lightened up a bit corresponding to current daily online :C
+Quote Post

AlarisLavenda
post Jun 1 2019, 12:05 AM
Post #8444

Chocobo Enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 220 777

~ Dream Team ~

I hate that you have to do the monthly Site-Wide Shiny Hunts (to my knowledge) to gain Prize Points, let alone how slow it is to gather Prize Points. Right now there are so many Time-Limited Vouchers in the Prize Shop that I can't get now, and won't ever have the chance to attempt a rack up of points for said vouchers in such little time.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Cytosine
post Jun 1 2019, 11:31 AM
Post #8445

shloop
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 37 706

swabbies

QUOTE(AlarisLavenda @ Jun 1 2019, 12:05 AM) *
I hate that you have to do the monthly Site-Wide Shiny Hunts (to my knowledge) to gain Prize Points, let alone how slow it is to gather Prize Points. Right now there are so many Time-Limited Vouchers in the Prize Shop that I can't get now, and won't ever have the chance to attempt a rack up of points for said vouchers in such little time.

The other main way to get prize points is from Poke Hunts and the Scavenger Hunt (on months that there isn't a SWSH) so there are more opportunities!

And also, the reason all of those time-limited vouchers were only on sale for 3 days was because Prize+ was activated. I'm sure Prize+ will be activated again in the future and you'll get another chance.

--------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+Quote Post

AlarisLavenda
post Jun 1 2019, 02:44 PM
Post #8446

Chocobo Enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 220 777

~ Dream Team ~

QUOTE(Cytosine @ Jun 1 2019, 11:31 AM) *
QUOTE(AlarisLavenda @ Jun 1 2019, 12:05 AM) *

The other main way to get prize points is from Poke Hunts and the Scavenger Hunt (on months that there isn't a SWSH) so there are more opportunities!

And also, the reason all of those time-limited vouchers were only on sale for 3 days was because Prize+ was activated. I'm sure Prize+ will be activated again in the future and you'll get another chance.

Ahhh! That makes sense! My bad then. Things have changed a bit within the 4 years I went on hiatus here.

ALSO:

What also grinds my gears is with how dead the forums have gotten.... Like.... holy crap, man..... I can't seem to find interaction anywhere now other than for main, newer updates, and this thread. People used to be swarming in here.

--------------------
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Jun 16 2019, 07:34 PM
Post #8447

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

I spent several hours leveling a Spring Deerling because I thought it would count for the Scavenger Hunt....turns out that the Pokedex considers Spring Deerling to be Yellow instead of Pink. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Jun 17 2019, 07:27 PM
Post #8448

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 857

Login errors.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Alina
post Jun 18 2019, 12:36 PM
Post #8449

the same old
Group Icon

Member No.: 106 252

lets go

Being the only one breeding the Pokemon you're shiny hunting sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Trainer Emily
post Jun 18 2019, 01:23 PM
Post #8450

Pokémon Carer
Group Icon

Member No.: 244 898

The Best Ice-Types:

Having 30 plus trinket offers on one trinket but you have every single one of them..

--------------------

Trainer Emily ❤

Emily's Randomly-Obtained Shinies ❤ (click to show)

+Quote Post

Lemonado Girl
post Jul 11 2019, 01:55 PM
Post #8451

Ice Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 245 986

Ice Ice Babies

QUOTE(utikeevs @ May 31 2019, 08:14 PM) *
It's so annoying how long it takes to complete exploration tasks, which require to have Pokemon in party fed a certain berry several amount of times.
I wonder, if it was easier some time ago, because it seems that in 2011, when the record of online users was set, there were much more active users.
Sometimes I wish, those requirements were lightened up a bit corresponding to current daily online :C

This. So much this. I groan aloud every time I run into one of these tasks, even if it's not a specific Berry involved, because it just grinds the Exploration to a screeching halt and ruins the immersion. I might care at first, but after long enough with a task like that I stop caring about the story and just want to get the Exploration done and move onto the next, which i think isn't really fair to the people who make the storyboards. Then again, it does seem like they write those stories with the task requirements in mind, so perhaps they have no one to blame but themselves.

Either way it is bar none the biggest roadblock to my actually enjoying an exploration because it takes my progress almost completely out of my hands, which feels unnatural and set up as an artificial barrier to the sort of natural progression that I feel like an Exploration should have. It's like your updater in a play-by-post RPG vanishing for a month out of nowhere with no explanation.

EDIT: I'm doing "King of the Temple" right now and it has perhaps one of the most egregious applications of this task that I've ever encountered. At the start, you hatch a Charmander. However, a ways after that, you are forced to get 150 berries fed to a hoothoot. In that time, with the assistance of "get these two pokemon at level 50" task making it an even longer time, that Charmander evolved even with my current dry spate of activity thanks to my summer class and work in tandem. Only for me to find, once that task finally resolved, that I now needed to Shelter-hunt another Charmander because of the fact that I evolved the first one, and after an hour spent doing that...I get another "feed the berry" task which i am now waiting to let itself complete, mass-clicking online users whenever possible. Lorewise, the Charmander whose egg I found and hatched should have been with me through the whole thing regardless of it having evolved: the storyboard is certainly acting that it's the same "Charmander". But I know it isn't, thanks to one task taking so much time as to void my eligibility for a future task that I had no idea was coming.

This post has been edited by Lemonado Girl: Jul 11 2019, 02:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Levi
post Jul 13 2019, 05:13 AM
Post #8452

Digital Devil
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 433

Element of Air

It's been only six hours since the SWSH started and I've already bred two shinies.

Neither of them are mine.

Congrats to the people who got them but it's like...I could have possibly gotten the Good Luck achievement if I had just chosen the right egg...

--------------------

of the Azurite Affinity
+Quote Post

Jade
post Jul 15 2019, 07:48 PM
Post #8453

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

Currently:

Most Eggs Hatched (Total)

3) Jade Hatched 379 eggs

With no shinies hatched.

Every time... EVERY TIME.

P.S. But I got her just now LOL

This post has been edited by Jade: Jul 16 2019, 10:31 AM

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

Kazz
post Aug 14 2019, 08:55 PM
Post #8454

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 330

Active Squad

Seconding the frustration over fed pokemon tasks. I'm gonna have to forfeit this Celebi exploration at this point. Couldn't finish sooner since I've been sick for weeks.

EDIT: Apparently being sick's messing with my brain and I thought I started this explo last month. Frustration still stands nonetheless lol.

This post has been edited by Melody Malone: Aug 15 2019, 12:21 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

ironina
post Aug 15 2019, 12:06 AM
Post #8455

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 221 577

Active Squad

QUOTE(Melody Malone @ Aug 14 2019, 06:55 PM) *
Seconding the frustration over fed pokemon tasks. I'm gonna have to forfeit this Celebi exploration at this point. Couldn't finish sooner since I've been sick for weeks.

I just finished the feed Celebi task ... only to find that now I will be stuck with Celebi locked in my party until I can get four darn miracle seeds from the backroom. rolleyes.gif

I've already had Celebi in my party for a couple of days thanks to the berry task, so I'm a little frustrated with this task,

This post has been edited by AltanAries: Aug 15 2019, 12:08 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toko Fukawa
post Aug 15 2019, 09:17 PM
Post #8456

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 132 019

round boy brigade

I'm sharing all the frustration with the "feed the berry" exploration tasks. It deters me from even trying to attempt certain ones because I don't have the patience to wait days just to be able to complete the task, no matter how many users I try to click. On a related note, I also find egg hatching to be really slow nowadays for this same reason. Obviously I'm not talking eggs that require 30,000 maturity, those are supposed to take a long time. I mean like the standard 5000. Egg hatching feels so much more reasonable whenever it's a multiplier day, because the speed at which an egg hatches feels more akin to the way it felt in the site's earlier, more active years. There used to be like 1000 users online at a time. Now it usually plateaus at about 100. I can attempt to click hundreds of users on a non-multiplier day, and yet my eggs don't even reach 50%. I don't think leveling Pokemon is so bad because the Pokewalker exists if you want to quickly level something up, but there is no such solution for eggs.

Edit: Don't even get me started on what snow does on a non-multiplier day. Eggs are practically unhatchable.

This post has been edited by Toko Fukawa: Aug 15 2019, 10:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

syllabub penguin
post Aug 15 2019, 11:28 PM
Post #8457

A person who exists.
Group Icon

Member No.: 246 047

Active Squad

I got all these points, but IDK how to spend them.

--------------------

roses are red landdwwellers are gross wwhy did you leavve me fef wwhat did i do?

+Quote Post

ironina
post Aug 19 2019, 11:20 PM
Post #8458

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 221 577

Active Squad

This is more so a matter of me being careless, but today I accidentally RELEASED the Celebi that I got from this month's special exploration. sad.gif In the long run, its no biggie since I can just get Celebi again next time its special exploration comes up... but until then I am without a Celebi.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jade
post Aug 22 2019, 03:57 PM
Post #8459

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

Kinda frustrated with lack of box space lol I don't think we've had an addition made since before the 7th generation was introduced and I'm like... quickly running out of boxes to use for shiny hunting. Since the site is much slower than it used to be, this is less of a problem (I used to be able to hatch and fill up 3 rows of boxes in a 12 hour period back in the site's hayday) but still. Kinda running out of boxes and I still don't have all of the novelties or gen 7, plus all the Silvally forms and the rest of the shinies I want on my list. I'm started to debate just dumping some of my generations so I can have more boxes.

More frustrated with this last trinket. It's a rarity 10 (of course) and I have soooo many duplicates of other 10s I could trade but can't get Pokemon World. I've opened up 170 boxes with chance power on in the past few weeks and still no luck. It's mostly just frustrating because I know it's the last one I need. I still have to get the remaining October/December ones too, but those holidays are coming up soon.

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

Kazz
post Sep 2 2019, 05:31 PM
Post #8460

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 330

Active Squad

Forgetting the restrictions placed on the 11th task of the Arceus explo...

--------------------
+Quote Post

427 Pages V  « < 421 422 423 424 425 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:06 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.