Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Ghosts, Music, and Hijinks, Private between flarp22, Douken Sota, and Yzarc Drowsnam
flarp22
post Oct 21 2012, 06:21 PM
Post #1

Final Gambit Shedinja
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3 835

Umbra's Party (PANE)

note (click to show)

The night before docking in Barley, Umbra didn't sleep much. In fact, she gave up on sleeping about an hour until sunrise. She let Dex, her Hoothoot, out of his Poke Ball so he could fly around for a bit, and waited on the deck, staring into the horizon until she could see the shore. The view was gorgeous, especially since she started to see most of it as the sun was rising. Due to her lack of sleep, however, she's pretty much forcing herself to stay awake and stick to her plan.

"Step one: get a map. Step two: ask around to learn where Dragons have been sighted..." She began to quietly recite her plan to herself both to double check that she has this all thought out, and attempt to keep herself awake despite the sun beating down on her. The forecast called for rain today, but her first steps into Furoh were accompanied by a clear, sunny day. To many people, this would be a pleasant surprise, but Umbra isn't very pleased. Her skin is sensitive to sunlight; she can't stay in the sun for very long without it starting to harm her. "...Step zero: find shade."

Dex was recalled to his Poke Ball for some rest, as he is a nocturnal Pokemon, and Umbra steps off the ship. Conveniently, someone was giving out maps to newcomers, so she took one and started to look it over. "This place is...bigger than I thought it would be...where to start...?" As she focuses on the map, she starts to walk forward, only vaguely paying attention to where she's going. She bumps into a few people here and there, apologizing immediately and attempting to get some info on Dragon Pokemon's likely whereabouts. Unfortunately, she had no luck in obtaining such information. She finds an empty seat on a shaded bench and takes a deep breath of the salty air she'd grown accustomed to while out at sea, letting it all out with a large sigh. She quietly mumbles to herself. "Maybe random people on the street aren't the best sources...I'll need to find someone else...the problem is I don't know who they could be and I don't know where they might be...what to do...?"

Umbra decides to sit and wait for now. In all likelihood, the person or people who have the info she wants would stand out in a crowd. She lets her Chingling, Mint, out of her Poke Ball, thinking that when she spots someone who might have a clue, she can attract their attention by having Mint use Wish. Mint hops around, making a quiet ringing noise and keeping an eye out for someone unusual among the small crowd of people while not straying too far from Umbra. She attempts to keep an eye out, but soon finds herself yawning, slowly shutting her eyes, leaning back, and dozing off. Mint turns around and notices, hopping onto Umbra's lap and attempting to wake her up by jumping up and down and making a somewhat louder ringing noise. Unfortunately, the sound Mint makes is actually quite soothing, and Chingling are very light in weight, so Umbra is hardly affected at all. Mint is getting visibly frustrated, and so lets out a Stored Power attack to wake her trainer up, successfully this time. What Mint didn't realize, though, is that some of her attack was released behind her as well...

This post has been edited by flarp22: Oct 29 2012, 02:56 PM

--------------------
PM for contact info if for some reason you want it.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
flarp22   Ghosts, Music, and Hijinks   Oct 21 2012, 06:21 PM
Yzarc Drowsnam   After her unfortunate loss against Chloe in Gigart...   Nov 4 2012, 06:21 PM
Douken Sota   "Alright, let's call that a wrap," o...   Nov 25 2012, 10:41 PM
Yzarc Drowsnam   The girl with the Chingling seemed apologetic, and...   Feb 24 2013, 08:17 PM
Douken Sota   Seems like the older babe wasn't too happy wit...   Feb 25 2013, 12:48 AM
Yzarc Drowsnam   Jill had never actually seen a Castform before, bu...   Mar 3 2013, 01:09 AM
Douken Sota   Well, to no surprise, the two fire attacks collidi...   Mar 3 2013, 02:22 AM
Yzarc Drowsnam   Jill sighed. It was kind of alarming how fast the ...   Mar 24 2013, 09:19 PM
Douken Sota   "Hey now, stop putting words in my mouth...   Mar 24 2013, 11:11 PM
Yzarc Drowsnam   When they got to the pokemon center and the kid dr...   Mar 27 2013, 06:15 PM
Douken Sota   Whoa, whoa, whoa! Chill! Next thing I know...   Mar 27 2013, 09:14 PM
Yzarc Drowsnam   Jill chuckled at the boy's offense. "I...   Apr 17 2013, 09:21 PM
Douken Sota   "Well, check it out," he said, pointing ...   Apr 17 2013, 10:17 PM
Yzarc Drowsnam   Jill nodded as Seican spoke, paying close attentio...   Apr 20 2013, 08:15 PM
Douken Sota   "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold your Ponyta! ...   Apr 21 2013, 08:55 PM
Yzarc Drowsnam   "Uh," Jill shrugged as the boy bailed ve...   May 19 2013, 02:07 PM
Douken Sota   Getting back to the were house, Seican was heaving...   May 19 2013, 03:49 PM
Yzarc Drowsnam   Jill made sure to wait outside the warehouse so sh...   Jun 1 2013, 07:41 PM
Douken Sota   The raining of fireballs threw the show into a fre...   Jun 8 2013, 10:46 AM
Yzarc Drowsnam   The more analysis Jill did on the situation, espec...   Aug 2 2013, 05:30 PM
Douken Sota   "Don't worry, it won't take that long...   Aug 9 2013, 12:32 AM

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:28 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.