Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
December Events, We're finally nearing the end of 2020
Zerxer
post Dec 22 2020, 04:16 AM
Post #41

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Secret Santa Exchange submissions are now open!
  • You may only submit Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Very Rare Pokémon. No novelties, even if their base is one of the acceptable types. This is new for this year, and simplifies things for me.
  • Arceus, Manaphy, Phione, Meltan, Zygarde [10%], and Black/White Kyurem are excluded.
  • While Zygarde [10%] is excluded, Zygarde [50%] and Zygarde [Complete] are treated as regular Very Rare Pokémon. Cell and Core are Novelty and thus excluded.
  • Pokémon which have been previously exchanged, in a past event, are excluded.
  • You must either submit the Pokémon from your Party, OR if you submit from a different location, then your Party must have one free space available.
  • Your available Party space will be reduced by 1 after you've submitted your Pokémon. If you can normally have 6 eggs/Pokémon in your Party, then after submitting a Pokémon to the Exchange, you will be limited to 5 eggs/Pokémon in your Party until after the Exchange. This is so your new Pokémon egg has a reserved space. You are welcome to wait until the last day to submit, although you run the risk of not submitting something in time.
  • The automatic Exchange script will attempt to give you something from the same rarity pool that the Pokémon you submitted belongs to. It will attempt to give you something you do not yet have a dex entry for, if possible.
  • If you submit a shiny, then "shiny" is part of your rarity pool. It will attempt to give you something you do not yet have the shiny dex entry for, if possible.
  • Very Rare Pokémon which are obtained via lab summon items will be in their own "summonable" group, separate from all the Very Rare which cannot be obtained via lab summon items. Hoopa is included here, as they are obtained via header events and therefore not quite as rare.
  • Pokémon of egg group "Ultra Beast" will be in their own "Ultra Beast" group. If you submit an Ultra Beast, you will get an Ultra Beast.
  • To submit something, use the Options dropdown on the Pokémon and choose "Secret Santa Exchange" for the Move To option.
  • Once you've submitted something, there is NO undoing your choice. No replacement option can be made.
  • Submissions will close on December 25th at 11:55pm EST (server time) and the exchange script will be run at some point in the next 24 hours after that.

Update: 12/26/2020 at 01:12am EST

Submissions for the Secret Santa Exchange closed at reset, and the exchange has happened! If you entered a Pokémon, you should now have a new egg in your party.

There were 691 entries this year. I hope you all got something good. happy.gif

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Dec 22 2020, 04:20 AM
Post #42

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

Nice. Looks like it's time to rev up the shiny Giratina I was gonna give last year before I forgot crazy.gif

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

The Kraken
post Dec 22 2020, 08:11 AM
Post #43

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 240 765

Active Squad

Does the pokemon itself stay the same as well? For example, if I gift a male pokemon, will it also hatch as male for the person receiving it?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Amberfunk
post Dec 22 2020, 08:32 AM
Post #44

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 105 850

Beautiful Change

QUOTE(The Kraken @ Dec 22 2020, 09:11 AM) *
Does the pokemon itself stay the same as well? For example, if I gift a male pokemon, will it also hatch as male for the person receiving it?

Yes, it stays exactly the same in gender, nature and ivs. The only things that change are it's level and it will devolve. So for example if you put in a jolteon it will revert back to an eevee.

Thanks for the exchange again this year. Always look forward to it.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

PokeNOM NOM NOM
post Dec 22 2020, 09:09 AM
Post #45

Spriter / Writer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 99 214

Active Squad

Alright! Put a 'mon into the Exchange! Hope to make someone very happy with it!
I'm always so excited for this, can't wait to see what I'll get in return!

--------------------

Check out my GPX+ profile
to find out what I've contributed so far!

'Counterbalanced'
+Quote Post

Eryth Violet
post Dec 22 2020, 10:15 AM
Post #46

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 400

Shiny

Very interested to see if the new rules help people be more satisfied with what they get. I can totally see how it's a bummer to put in a shiny Debit and get back a shiny Zygarde cell, or something that has been passed through the exchange several times.

I'm thinking that I'll put in a shiny Swalot. I have a spare, and maybe it can help someone get the achievement for shiny Gulpin.

--------------------

hi kingis
+Quote Post

Jade
post Dec 22 2020, 10:32 AM
Post #47

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

Just curious: Are Cosmog and Hoopa going to be considered in the 'summonable' Very Rares like they have in years past or are they in the excluded category like Manaphy?

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 22 2020, 11:17 AM
Post #48

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Jade @ Dec 22 2020, 09:32 AM) *
Just curious: Are Cosmog and Hoopa going to be considered in the 'summonable' Very Rares like they have in years past or are they in the excluded category like Manaphy?

They're not excluded, but yes my first thought was they would be in the 'summonable' category.

If it makes more sense to people, they could be put in the Ultra Beast category, just because they're all header events (albeit not breedable like UBs).

I'm open to suggestions up until the event ends. wink.gif

edit: whoops, Cosmog is already an Ultra Beast. Hoopa will remain in the summonable category.

--------------------
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Dec 22 2020, 11:32 AM
Post #49

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Dec 22 2020, 05:17 PM) *

They're not excluded, but yes my first thought was they would be in the 'summonable' category.

If it makes more sense to people, they could be put in the Ultra Beast category, just because they're all header events (albeit not breedable like UBs).

I thought Cosmog and Nihilego were already ultrabeasts. At least we have them in the egg group. For some reason they are the only ones that seem to come out of the wormhole header event, unlike all other other ultrabeasts that were released later. I would say that it makes more sense for Hoopa to belong in the summonable category, where I think Manaphy was also placed before it was excluded.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 22 2020, 11:56 AM
Post #50

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Dec 22 2020, 10:32 AM) *
QUOTE(Zerxer @ Dec 22 2020, 05:17 PM) *

I thought Cosmog and Nihilego were already ultrabeasts. At least we have them in the egg group. For some reason they are the only ones that seem to come out of the wormhole header event, unlike all other other ultrabeasts that were released later. I would say that it makes more sense for Hoopa to belong in the summonable category, where I think Manaphy was also placed before it was excluded.

Whoops, yes, Cosmog is an Ultra Beast. I don't know them all offhand and trusted the other post to know more than me haha

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cytosine
post Dec 22 2020, 12:03 PM
Post #51

shloop
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 37 706

swabbies

I'm excited for this this year. Though last year was kind of a bust for me, but not in the way that you'd think. Last year the shiny Trapinch I put into the exchange went to someone and they have still not hatched it (I've bookmarked the page to it). So that makes me sad, since I worked so hard for that shiny. In exchange I got a shiny male Salandit, whiiiiich I technically didn't have before, but wasn't quite the most exciting thing to get. So I'm hoping for something really great this year!

--------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+Quote Post

timeerkat
post Dec 22 2020, 12:09 PM
Post #52

Your Friend Who Likes To Play
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 515

bulbasaur army

Doof, the one I was thinking of putting in was from a previous exchange. Luckily I had one other 'mon to put in from the same category.

I hope what I put in makes someone very happy!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Vande
post Dec 22 2020, 12:10 PM
Post #53

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 595

I Can Dream....

Pokémon which have been previously exchanged, in a past event, are excluded.

Ah nuts! There goes the thing I wanted to submit. Must admit that just took the hope away from me. Don't have any other summonable shiny to drop in.

This post has been edited by Vande: Dec 22 2020, 12:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jade
post Dec 22 2020, 01:15 PM
Post #54

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

Color me surprised! I had had no idea Cosmog was an ultra beast!

This is what I get for never finishing Sun and Moon xDDD

Alright cool; welp I have 3 choices lined up, all in a different category. Now I just got to decide.

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

Kanonno
post Dec 22 2020, 01:21 PM
Post #55

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 230 318

Active Squad

QUOTE(Vande @ Dec 22 2020, 01:10 PM) *

Ah nuts! There goes the thing I wanted to submit. Must admit that just took the hope away from me. Don't have any other summonable shiny to drop in.

Yeah, that's a rule I hope doesn't carry forward. I usually use my last received as a fallback if I didn't manage to get anything more suitable in the past year. I understand the rationale behind excluding things that have been passed around a lot, but if it's just for dex reasons such as a shiny I don't see what's bad about passing it around. Especially in the legendary category as in your case, it's not like there's a lot of those to go around. Some people may even like to see the history of a single mon that has survived for a long time.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Darky
post Dec 22 2020, 01:53 PM
Post #56

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 680

Active Squad

A bit sad that no novelties, but I welcome the new changes=) time to submit something rare.=3
+Quote Post

Vande
post Dec 22 2020, 02:05 PM
Post #57

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 595

I Can Dream....

QUOTE(Kanonno @ Dec 22 2020, 06:21 PM) *
Yeah, that's a rule I hope doesn't carry forward. I usually use my last received as a fallback if I didn't manage to get anything more suitable in the past year. I understand the rationale behind excluding things that have been passed around a lot, but if it's just for dex reasons such as a shiny I don't see what's bad about passing it around. Especially in the legendary category as in your case, it's not like there's a lot of those to go around. Some people may even like to see the history of a single mon that has survived for a long time.

Yeah same sad.gif
I do like seeing the history where one that has been passed around has been.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Gym Leader Winon...
post Dec 22 2020, 03:17 PM
Post #58

The bird user taking flight into the world
Group Icon

Member No.: 159 391

Flying Free

I added my choice! I hope whoever gets it will be happy!

--------------------

+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Dec 22 2020, 04:47 PM
Post #59

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 440

Active Squad

While I miss the option for novelties I like that the new system makes things a little easier and less likely to create grumbles. I am considering a couple options and trying to decide which would be more entertaining and well received.

QUOTE(Vande @ Dec 22 2020, 11:05 AM) *
I do like seeing the history where one that has been passed around has been.

I had considered re-gifting a shiny legendary but that isn't an option. I was very happy to hatch it.

This post has been edited by ThunderMoss: Dec 22 2020, 04:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Dec 22 2020, 08:30 PM
Post #60

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

You may only submit Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Very Rare Pokémon. No novelties... This is new for this year, and simplifies things for me.

While I totally understand these two points it does sadden me. Looks like another year of attempting the one shiny that has been eluding me for quite some time. I know my chances were slim, but I always look forward to that hope.

And when I'm not hoping for a novelty shine swap from Secret Santa, this was my other means of hoping for a shiny legend or two. Gah. Not this year for me. The only shiny I ever got on my own was traded last year so now my Dex has 2 legend shiny entries. Looks like the long road for this one, too.

But really, I do understand the reasoning behind it. I'm going to wait before submitting to make sure that nothing else pops up on my shine 'dar. It's doubtful, but not without possibility. So we'll see what, if anything else, I unearth between now and submission time.

PS: The deadline to submit indicates Christmas Day at reset, before midnight east coast time. I just wanted to be sure that you meant 12/25 and not 12/24. In the past I think it was Christmas Eve for submissions and the trades happened at some point on Christmas Day? Or am I remembering wrong?

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:51 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.