Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Breeding Shellos
Twilight Spectru...
post Mar 1 2009, 05:14 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4 033

Active Squad

So if you breed pink Gastrodon, the offspring should be pink. And if you breed blue Gastrodon, the offspring should be blue. Right? WRONG. Someone mentioned to me that they had never manged to hatch a blue Shellos. So I decided to give it a try myself.

First, I bred a male pink Gastrodon with a ditto, and a male blue Gastrodon with a ditto. Then I saved my game. I hatched the eggs in an area that pink shellos appear. BOTH of the offspring were pink. Sounds okay so far, maybe the color is determined by where they hatch. But then I restarted and hatched them in a blue shellos area...and they were still pink.

So what is it gang? Am I doing it wrong? Or is this some kind of D/P glitch or oversight of the development team? dumblook.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

ImaPenguin95
post Mar 1 2009, 05:24 AM
Post #2

Back From Hiatus
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 899

The Team

QUOTE(Twilight Spectrum @ Mar 1 2009, 10:14 AM) *
So if you breed pink Gastrodon, the offspring should be pink. And if you breed blue Gastrodon, the offspring should be blue. Right? WRONG. Someone mentioned to me that they had never manged to hatch a blue Shellos. So I decided to give it a try myself.

First, I bred a male pink Gastrodon with a ditto, and a male blue Gastrodon with a ditto. Then I saved my game. I hatched the eggs in an area that pink shellos appear. BOTH of the offspring were pink. Sounds okay so far, maybe the color is determined by where they hatch. But then I restarted and hatched them in a blue shellos area...and they were still pink.

So what is it gang? Am I doing it wrong? Or is this some kind of D/P glitch or oversight of the development team? dumblook.gif

If I recall correctly it adopts the form of the Mother in cases not involving Ditto, of Ditto in cases involving Ditto. The form is a hidden value used by certain Pokemon (with different forms), but all Pokemon have it. Ditto has it set to the generic value, which results in the babies being pink. This is the reason why every trainer has pink ones regardless of location.

I believe the only way to breed the blue one is to have a blue mother.

I'm guessing this answers your question ?

This post has been edited by ImaPenguin95: Mar 1 2009, 05:25 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Twilight Spectru...
post Mar 1 2009, 05:28 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

I have no idea where that quote came from, but thank you. O_O I searched google but all I could find was people asking the same question as me...
I only had two male Gastrodon lying around, so yeah. No wonder.
I'll give it a shot and let you guys know if it's true.
+Quote Post

Flamer
post Mar 1 2009, 08:15 AM
Post #4

Insert whitty phrase here
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 757

Faves

All the data is set about an egg when you pick it up from daycare. So if you saved after collecting the egg, and then reset in different places, it would always be the exact same Pokemon.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jirachi Trainer
post Mar 1 2009, 08:23 AM
Post #5

J_T
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 5 271

Make A Wish ^_^.

If i'm not mistaken Flamer doesn't that mean that all the values are set just after you pick it up and not before. I mean like after the egg is produced but not picked up. Would that be the case?

--------------------
My Pearl FC is: 1891 6083 5219
My Sig ^_^.gif. (click to show)
+Quote Post

Twilight Spectru...
post Mar 1 2009, 02:44 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Flamer @ Mar 1 2009, 05:15 AM) *
All the data is set about an egg when you pick it up from daycare. So if you saved after collecting the egg, and then reset in different places, it would always be the exact same Pokemon.

I know that's the case about most aspects of an egg, but I figured if anything was the exception, this was.

So, ImaPenguin was right. The female determines the color of the offspring. Case closed. @_@

@Jirachi Trainer: I don't think that's true. Because you might chose to not accept the egg, so there's no reason to generate its stats and whatnot until you decide to pick it up.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:21 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.