Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
In the Jungle, the Mighty Jungle, The Lion Sleeps tonight
Captain Combuske...
post Mar 4 2010, 01:26 PM
Post #1

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 944

Zack Aiza's Team

In the Jungle, the Mighty Jungle

The Lion Sleeps tonight

Dawn over Barley was always a pretty nice affair. Alex woke up, yawning as he stretched his muscles, not unlike a cat. He sat up, rubbing his eyes. Today, he was leaving on the S.S. Empress to go to Fidona. Alex smiled as he turned his body to face the wall opposite him. It was a relatively small room, but Alex didn't care. It was only temporary, after all.

Alex presently got out of bed, and went towards his backpack. It was a relatively big backpack, but Alex was still shocked at the fact that it could hold his five change of clothes and on top of that all his other stuff, like his Pokemon, his wallet, his notebook, his phone, his food pack, his Ipod, his DS, Pokemon food and lots of other things. He rummaged around inside this backpack, and picked out his outfit for today: a Yellow T-shirt and blue jeans. The Yellow T-shirt had a picture of the three Hoenn starters on it. Alex owned all three of these, in the forms of Treecky, Blaze and Swamps.

Alex put on these clothes, and then got up, going downstairs into the hallway of the hotel. He saw the receptionist. He and his friends had already been acquainted earlier. She was a lovely old woman, full of a strong passion for life and very nice to all she met.
"Mornin', Mrs. Greaves!" he said
"Good morning, young Alex."
"Could you pass a note on to my friends? I'm just going out to replenish my supplies and all of that stuff. I'm having breakfast next door."
"Ok. That's fine. Will I be seeing you later?"
"Probably."
Alex left the Hotel Tuxen, heading out to the small food shop in the town, Jamison's. Once there, he bought some food. He ate quite healthily, so took a lot of dried fruit, as well as an apple for today's lunch. He also got a big pack of Doritos crisps, his favourite, as well as a large pack of Yorkie bars. Finally, he bought a bunch of Cokes. Thanking the store clerk, he left, going towards the small restaurant next to his hotel. He sat down, and before long a waiter came to the table.
"Can I get sir anything?" he asked.
"I'm no sir. But I'd like some cereal please, and some toast. Butter and Nutella to go with please."
"Certainly."

As Alex waited for his food, his eyes wandered to the door. As he did this, the door opened. In came the boy who Alex expected to see the least. Thomas Hawk. Thomas, or Tom as he was called, was quite a good friend of Alex'. They met quite recently, whilst Alex was near Gigarte, Tom's home town. The two boys had got reasonably close in this small time.
"Tom!" he exclaimed.
"Alex? Is that really you?" replied the blond, muscular youth, clearly happy and shocked at the same time.
"What are you doing in this neck of Furoh?" asked Alex.
"Oh, y' know, jus' going to Fidona. I heard there's a little co-ordinating contest or something, nothing major, it's just I need to fine tune my skills a little."
"I'm going there to get my badge. Also, me and my new friends are visiting Fidona ruins. It's gonna be real fun!"
"New friends?"
"Tikal Faylen and Tyson Parker. They're coming on the boat with me. I met them along the north route, not long after you left! We went to a little island where we freed some Pokemon from Team Deception."
"Cool. You'll have to tell me about this little adventure of yours. I'll tell you my travels after."
Alex began telling Tom the story of the Island.

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Protoman
post Mar 4 2010, 02:32 PM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 39 890

Uprising Pokemon

Within the grassy forest filled with lush green trees and berries of every kind, Tyson Parker, along with his mulish Squirtle, Hydro, were searching for a new member of their team. Tyson, unlike most people, has kept his same two Pokemon within his recent journey, making him feel slightly annoyed at this.

"Aw man," Tyson groaned in frustration, not quite the happy camper in this situation, "what's the deal? Can I get a Caterpie or something?" As soon as he said this, a Caterpie scampered by him. "I didn't mean literally a Caterpie, but, okay! Hydro, you know what to-" With a swoop from above, a bird began to fly towards the bug Pokemon, attempting to peck it mercilessly. "Okay," Tyson stated in utter confusion, "that will work too. Hydro, use Bubble, followed by Aqua Jet!" With a nod, Hydro blew a few bubbles at the bird, making it turn around. The bird, now discovered as a Pidgey, had a rather aggravated look, flapping its wings in frustration. After Hydro came towards him, the Pidgey simply flew upwards to avoid the attack. Hydro stopped abruptly, looking at the bird until it dive-bombed him. Once the bird reached Hydro, he began to peck him relentlessly. Hydro, not knowing what to do, began to run around in pain.

"Hydro!" Tyson yelled out as the Pidgey continued to peck at the Squirtle. Hydro began to get aggravated, deciding to withdraw into his shell, causing the Pidgey to flap its wings and land slightly in front of Hydro's shell. After cocking his head to the side, the Pidgey drew a final conclusion: enter the shell. As he entered, he began pecking the poor Squirtle once again, causing the shell to bounce slightly. "Oh come on! Hydro, get him out of your shell!" By finally coming out as well, Hydro had had enough. Engulfing himself in a veil of water, with the Pidgey still there, Hydro took off, knocking the Pidgey into a tree. After sinking, Hydro looked at the bird darkly, preparing to hit it again, but was stopped by Tyson before anything else could happen. Pulling out a small red and white sphere, Tyson pushed a button on it, tossing it lightly at the Pidgey, tapping its belly with it. In a flash of red light, the Pidgey went inside of the sphere, letting it fall lazily to the ground. It jiggled once, making Tyson sweat slightly. A second jiggle made the sweat increase. The third jiggle made Tyson lick his lips in anticipation. Finally, a soft "click" was heard from the sphere, signifying the capture of a new Pokemon. With a feeling of success, Tyson breathed easy, happy to have a third Pokemon.

"Alright," Tyson said, tossing the Poke Ball containing his new Pidgey into the air, "front and center!" With a flash of brilliant white light and a spreading of wings, Pidgey was revealed, seeing Hydro and still was mad. He swooped down, pecking Hydro angrily, making the turtle run around in pain once more. "Hydro! Return!" Tyson called out, to prevent Hydro from getting more lumps. With a red beam touching his back, Hydro returned to his spherical home, with Tyson placing it back inside of his holster. Tyson looked around, picking up one of each kind of berry: Aspear for sour, Cherri for spicy, Rawst for bitter, Pecha for sweet, and Chesto for dry. The Pidgey simply stared as he spread out the five berries, waiting for the Pidgey to make his choice. As the Pidgey finally understood what Tyson was doing, he made his way towards the Cherri Berry, pecking it lightly at first, before completely devouring it. "Well," Tyson concluded, "you like spicy foods." Tyson returned the Pidgey to his Poke Ball, returning to where they were resting.

--------------------
+Quote Post

rt117
post Mar 4 2010, 06:33 PM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 812

PANE Team

From behind Tyson clapping could be heard, a slender figure moving from the shade of the trees and towards him. Tikal had followed him out on his journey to capture another Pokemon, and so she had decided to watch from the shade of a lush green tree as the sun's light grew stronger with the passing time. After all, she didn't want to break Tyson and Hydro's concentration during battle, as she knew of his determination to catch a Pokemon before they set out for the next island.

"I guess it'll take some time for Pidgey to relieve its feelings against Hydro?" She asked, shading her eyes from the light with one hand, holding a small camera in the other. During the time they had spent getting to know each other after leaving the island, Tikal revealed that one of her past times included photography, something she considered herself to only be an amateur at.

After asking him the question she glanced down at the screen, flicking through a few pictures she had taken of the battle, one of which being the unfortunate humiliation of Hydro after the Pidgey took the fight to his home within the shell. She smiled slightly at the photo before flicking the power switch off and stowing the device away into her pocket. She would go through all of the pictures later, though she was a bit discouraged at the fact that she had forgotten to take any pictures of the beach yet even though they spent much time there.

Tikal smiled to herself, remembering they still had to wait for Alex to get ready, and even then there would still be some time before the ship came in, which would give her a chance to take a few more pictures before they set out. The gym battle that Alex looked forward to however was also something she didn't want to miss, never having seen a proper gym battle. She had always considered taking part in a gym battle, though she didn't think her Pokemon would be ready just yet. She made a note to herself to ask Tyson to help her train a bit once they reached the next island.

A light pink head poked over Tikal's shoulder to watch Tyson with big red eyes. Igglybuff had spent the majority of the trip to the forest searching around the berry bushes to look for Pecha Berries. And so now she sat on Tikal's shoulder, mouth full with the sweet pink-orange berries as they began to walk back.

Returning back to reality once again, Tikal took notice of her Pokemon, who seemed rather content with its finds. "So have you thought of a name for it?" she asked, plucking Igglybuff from her shoulder and carrying her in her arms. Igglybuff let out a happy cry as she was held, something that Tikal learned the baby Pokemon liked. She was not one to name her Pokemon, with the excuse that naming things was not her specialty. However she didn't realize until now that she was the only one of the group with nickname-less Pokemon.

This post has been edited by rt117: Mar 5 2010, 11:38 PM

--------------------

Click above to go to the Party!
PANE RP Character profile: Tikal Faylen: @ lv. 18 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 18
Uprising RP Character profile: Sera Taisa: @ lv. 20 : @ lv. 18 : @ lv. 18
PANE Character Progress- - - - - - - - - - - Tikal Faylen - Furoh Wiki
Uprising Character Progress- - - - - - - - - - - Sera Taisa - Uprising Wiki
+Quote Post

Metal Nate
post Mar 5 2010, 06:53 AM
Post #4

Bringing the PANE
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 763

Nate Redwood - Team

Nate woke up in his home to his normal alarm, the sound of boats and ferries blasting their horns as they left the dock. He grabbed his bag, equipped with only a couple of potions, berries, and a couple of Pokeballs. He also got his belt, fit with three Pokeballs. All of them were empty, as he usually lets his Pokemon sleep outside of them. His room still stuffed with his other belongings, he grabbed the ones he would find useful on his upcoming journey. "Ipod, check...Food, check...Darnit, I know I have to be forgetting something." Then he remembered, "Ah crud, where did I put my PokeDex?"

He frantically searched his room, looking everywhere for this very important device. As he was looking he heard his father shout, "Nate, get down here and eat your breakfast!" Nate called back, "One second Dad!" He then continued to look for his device. His room was totally ransacked when his father walked in, PokeDex in hand taunting Nate, "Looking for this?" His dad then looked at the room, "Don't worry about the room, I'll have your mother clean it." They both started laughing.

Nate followed his Dad to the kitchen, where his mom, Yamii, Lockjaw, and Metal were all eating their breakfast. Nate was getting his favorite before he was leaving, sausage egg and cheese on a biscuit, as his dad wanted him to feel as if he would be missed. "So Nate," his father was about to ask a very important question, "where are you headed first, Fidona?" Nate completely forgot, he did need a plan of where to go, "Yeah, Fidona sounds fine." His father laughed and said, "Well you better go get a ticket for the S.S. Empress pretty soon." At that Nate jumped up, called all of his Pokemon to their transportable homes and headed to go get a ticket as he heard his parents yelling various goodbyes.

This post has been edited by Metal Nate: Mar 5 2010, 06:56 AM

--------------------

Tyranigron shall guide you to my constantly updated GPXPlus Party

Nate Redwood - PANE (click to show)

+Quote Post

Captain Combuske...
post Apr 30 2010, 04:43 AM
Post #5

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Zack Aiza's Team

Once Alex had finished his story, the boys left the restaurant.
"Sounds like you've had a pretty cool time mate." said Tom.
"Yeah. It's been cool. Anyway, what's been going on your side then?"
"Only a couple of minutes after you left, I got a call from my mum. She said I had to rush home. So Tweet flew me back quickly and I hurried into my house.
There I got a nasty surprise; A horrible man was trying to steal all our possessions. I fought him off, luckily- a Pokemon wound can really hurt. Once I'd done so, this guy came out and said congrats to me. He set he'd set it all up, and apologized a lot. He said he really could see my potential as a trainer. I was pretty shocked and happy at the same time. My mum was there so I knew it wasn't a sham. Then he said he was the Famous Jonny Togas! You know, the one who does those really cool TV battles. I told him I was a contest person, not a gym challenger. He said that was a shame, but then I told him about you and he got pretty excited. He ran off, presumably to look for you and "test" your skills. In that time I challenged the contest in Gigarte and I failed, unfortunately. But I'm not giving up! I will do it!" Tom paused here, with a slightly angry look in his eyes. Alex knew it; the look of defiance.
"Did he come back, the guy?" asked Alex.
"Oh Yeah! I forgot that bit. Once I'd been at home for a little while, he came back, saying he'd scoured Furoh but couldn't find you anywhere! Then we saw this thing on the news about an island where Team Deception had worked. There was no one on the island but a huge explosion had just occurred there. He raced off towards the island. I saw an advert advertising the contest in Fidona, and I figured I needed to go there to improve, and besides, I guessed that the island had something to do with you. So I flew here. And here I am now."

By now, Alex and Tom were at the harbour, waiting to get on the ferry, which would leave in an hour. They would wait for Tyson and Tikal, and then would get on the boat. Alex was daydreaming as he usually did about Pokemon, when a teen suddenly ran into him. Alex guessed his age at roughly the same as his.
"Hey, what are you so hurried about? This Ferry isn't leaving until 9:30!"
"Sorry." apologised the boy.
"Hey. It's nothing. So, you're going to Fidona too? What's your name?"
"Nate Redwood."
"Cool. I'm Alex."

This post has been edited by Alex Slasher: May 1 2010, 08:50 AM

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
+Quote Post

rt117
post May 2 2010, 03:27 PM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

"Hey Tyson! We should get going!" Tikal called to him as she began to walk back towards the path which would lead back into town. Tikal didn't have an idea on the time, and had wanted to stay a little longer to replenish her berry supply, as she didn't believe that strongly in the use of Potions for healing Pokemon. However she didn't want to keep Alex waiting if they headed out too late. "I'll race you there!"

Without even looking back to Tyson to see if he had been listening, she took off, sprinting back onto the path and towards Barley. She kept a firm grip on Igglybuff, a bit too tightly as the small Pokemon squirmed a bit in her grasp. "We're almost there, don't worry." she spoke quickly, not wanting to lose her breath.

From Alex and Nate's position they could see a girl running towards them, wearing a red vest covering an orange shirt, as well as a pair of tattered jeans. In her arms appeared to be a squishy light pink orb, adorned with a small tuft of hair. As Tikal spotted them, she came to a halt, nearly falling over in the process.

"I'm here...Alex...are we...late?" she panted, doubled over a bit as she caught her breath. Regaining her posture, she glanced behind her, having expected Tyson to be following. However he was nowhere to be found. "I hope he makes it in time..." she frowned, before turning back to the two, examining Nate with her light brown eyes, which were partially covered by her messy brown hair.

"Oh, I don't believe we've ever met. My name is Tikal Faylen, and this is one of my Pokemon, Igglybuff." she introduced, relaxing her grip on the Baby Pokemon, who gave her a glare before waving her tiny arms in greeting.

This post has been edited by rt117: May 2 2010, 03:44 PM

--------------------

PANE RP Character profile: Tikal Faylen: @ lv. 18 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 17 : @ lv. 18
+Quote Post

Captain Combuske...
post Jun 3 2010, 02:13 PM
Post #7

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Zack Aiza's Team

"It's no Probs, Tikal. Hey Tyson!" Alex said, gesturing towards the boy, who had just arrived. "And the ferry is about to leave just about now, actually! He exclaimed, and they all started to rush aboard the boat, which would very soon leave. They had to run pretty fast, but luckily, they made it on on time.
---
As they were running, Thomas slowed down a little to speak to Tikal.
"H-ey Th-ere!" Thomas said, panting slightly from the running. He gained his breath a bit before continuing.
"My name is Thomas. Thomas Hawk. People call me Tom. And as you can guess, I don't do much excercise. I'm a co-ordinator. What about you?"
---
Once they made it onto the boat, a jolly looking man with a sailor's hat and bright orange uniform came up to them.
"Aharr! Here dey arr, Cap'n!" he exclaimed in his jolly sailor's language.
A Plump man wearing a captain's hat and a cloak appeared from a cabin.
"Fergus, I do wish you'd stop the whole pirate act. It's getting annoying. Anyway" he said, turning to Alex and his friends "Hello. Welcome to the S.S. Empress. I'm Captain Gareth, and this here is the chef, Fergus. As you may see, we are a rather small vessel, in fact I do believe there are only ten other passengers other than yourselves on this boat. Therefore, there is a small, old-fashioned Crew- Myself the Captain, the Navigations officer, the chef, and three other sailors, the crew. I'll get another sailor to show you to your rooms. JHONNY!"

Very quickly, a Mischievous looking young sailor came dashing in.
"Aye, Aye, Cap'n!"
Captain Gareth sighed, and Jhonny lead the Travellers towards their cabins.
"We like to annoy the captain by acting like pirates." he said, chuckling. He lead them down some confusing corridors until he showed them two doors.
"OK, so Thomas Hawk, Nate Redwood, Alex Slasher, you shall reside in Cabin 3. Tikal Faylen, Tyson Parker, Cabin 4. Have a nice trip!" then Jhonny left, leaving the travellers to settle in their new rooms.

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
+Quote Post

rt117
post Jun 3 2010, 04:17 PM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

Tikal smiled lightly as she watched Thomas struggle to catch his breath. If he got tired out simply from trying to catch up to the boat, then he was really out of shape. Especially since she had run from the outskirts of the city, to the port, and then to the boat with only a minute to catch her breath. Then again living outside the city was considered to be more of a healthy lifestyle than its alternative.

"My name's Tikal Faylen, and I'm only a trainer right now. I hate to ask, but what exactly do you 'co-ordinate'?" she replied, seeming a bit confused about his position. Tikal had never been to a Pokemon Contest, let alone ever hearing of one. She was still learning after all.

Before he could answer, Fergus had appeared to greet them, and soon they had been shown their private quarters for the journey. Tikal peeked inside the room she would be sharing with Tyson, noticing that it seemed rather cramped. "I guess he wasn't lying when he said that this was a small vessel." she thought, before releasing Igglybuff from her arms, allowing the small Pokemon to explore the room and kill some time.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Captain Combuske...
post Jun 4 2010, 10:14 AM
Post #9

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Zack Aiza's Team

Alex, at the heart of it, was still quite a young child really. He loved playing around, and was very childish most of his spare time. He was a master of trivial things. Simiarly, Thomas still hadn't lost all his childishness, although was more mature than Alex. Perhaps it was Alex' way to escape his harrowing experiences of loss, close-call deaths, desperation that he'd felt on much of his recent adventures. When he lost Blaze, he very nearly lost his calm and cool completely, but regaining his friend made him calmer once more. In contrast, Tom had had very few serious things happen to him, so needed less escaping from his new self. But he was still a child inside.

So that is why as soon as the twqo boys entered the room, they started squabbling as to who would have the Top bunk. In the room was a bunk bed and a normal bed.
"I want it!" said Alex.
"That's not fair!" whined Tom. "why should you get it?"
"Because I got the tickets!"
"Yeah, but not for ME!"
"Whatever. It's still mine!"
"Not, it's mine!"
Alex smiled slyly.
"Let's have a battle to decide! One on one, four Pokemon Each. I won't use Treecky."
"I accept your challenge, Alex Slasher!"
"Ok then. Go, Leo!" shouted alex throwing his Pokeball. Out came his Shinx, clearly fired up.
"Oh, so you got another one. Geez Al, you're good! But anyway, let's go, Rai!" Tom threw his Pokeball and the Electric Mouse Pikachu came out, his cheeks sparking up already.
"This is going to be a good one!" exclaimed Alex.

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
+Quote Post

rt117
post Jun 4 2010, 02:54 PM
Post #10

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

At the commotion coming from the other room, Tikal decided to go see what they were arguing about, and so opened their door quietly and poked her head inside. From her place she could see the two facing off, Alex's Shinx and Tom's Pikachu looking prepped for battle.

In a heartbeat she remembered that they were still on a boat, and that the crew might not appreciate making a mess of the small cabins they had been given. She definitely did not want to get kicked off before they even left after all, and she wouldn't appreciate them being the cause for that. However despite her worry she was more than willing to watch them, as it'd give her some ideas for her own strategies.

"Do you think they'll mind you two fighting in your room? At least take it outside so that you don't make a mess of the place." Tikal finally spoke up. she wanted to make sure that they knew that what they were about to do could get them into trouble.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Captain Combuske...
post Jun 6 2010, 04:30 AM
Post #11

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Zack Aiza's Team

Alex turned round, listening to Tikal's remark.
"Erm... Good point Tikal. Let's take this outdoors, Tom."
A couple of minutes later, they were all outside on deck, Rai and Leo facing eachother, both still looking fired up for the battle.
"Leo, Quick attack!" shouted Alex, and the little Shinx started running, zigzagging across the decks with huge Speed, before launching himself at Rai, who could only watch as Leo's momentum crashed into him. This all happened in three seconds. Even Alex was shocked at the Speed Leo had.
"Um... Well..." he said, before regaining his composure and ordering a second move.
"Use Bite!" he exclaimed, and Leo once more rapidly charged at Rai and use Bite. Rai, who'd only just recovered from the Quick attack, took a step back, and winced. He was flinching! Bite's secondary effect had worked! Alex excitedly turned to Leo, and was about to call another attack when he realized that although Bite had worked, so had Rai's Static. Leo was Paralyzed! Alex remembered that Tom had hinted that his attack strategy was different to Alex's attack, attack, attack strategy, but Alex hadn't guessed he was a Status battler!
Leo, luckily, was an Electric type, so Paralysis did not affect him as much, so Alex ordered a Charge Beam. Leo shot a beam of light at Rai, but Rai was no longer where he had beam. Tom's starter Pokemon was already building up the same Speed that Leo had used on him, using Quick attack. Leo frantically shot wildly around where the Electric Mouse might be, but it didn't work; Rai crashed into Leo, and he staggered back. He shook his head, concentrating on the battle.
"OK then Leo, let's play him at that game shall we?" Alex said, and Leo nodded, starting up a Quick Attack. But as Alex watched, he could see that Rai was doing the exact same thing, except that the Pikachu was also doing something else. He was building up power. The two Pokemon crashes into the air in the middle, and Rai let loose a powerful Thundershock. It connected powerfully with Leo, and both Pokemon fell down. Only one would get back up to win the battle. And that Pokemon was Rai. Alex bowed his head.
"Well done, Leo! Come back!"
"You too, Rai!"

Alex couldn't decide who to send out next. His hand hovered over his three remaining Pokeballs, until finally, he decided.
"Go, Rose!" shouted Tom, and Alex smirked. He now had a type advantage.
"Blaze, GO!" he yelled, throwing the Pokeball into the centre of the battle ring. By now, all the people on the boat apart from the captain were watching the battle. Alex saw Tom's face drop. Tom knew fully well that he'd have to work extra hard now. Blaze, by himself, was an experienced and powerful battler. He was Alex' starter Pokemon, a Torchic. Presently, the two Pokemon faced off, circling eachother. Alex knew what he'd do straight away. He knew Rose could have one of two abilities; one of which was Poison point, he didn't want any physical contact therefore, so tapped his foot once. Blaze nodded slightly, acknowledged this. The face off continued, and Alex knew that Blaze was building up his power, waiting for the right moment to strike.
"Go for the sleep powder, Rose!" shouted Tom, who it seemed was getting bored of nothing happening. But Blaze was ready. Before Rose could even form any Powder, Blaze let loose a hugely powerful roasting Ember, that hit its target right on cue. Rose was visibly weakened by this, and Alex tapped his foot three times. Blaze ran at Rose, and used Peck. It was over quickly. Rose fainted, and both Trainers returned their Pokemon.
"Alex, I've been thinking. We should make the next two our last one. After all, what happens if we each win another one? Then nothing gets decided."
"Good point. I'll leave Swamps out of the battle then."
"OK, then Tweet won't fight."
Alex knew Tom's last Pokemon; Staa the Shiny Staryu. Likewise, Alex knew that Tom knew he had Stryk, his Starly. It was going to be tense.

This post has been edited by Alex Slasher: Jun 8 2010, 02:34 PM

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
+Quote Post

rt117
post Jun 6 2010, 08:50 AM
Post #12

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

Following them up and out onto the deck, Tikal had made sure to get the best spot for the match, being their first spectator of course. With her camera in hand, she moved into a crouching position before the fight began, taking a few snapshots of Leo and Rai. As the battle began she got a few more, but because of the constant movement of the two electric types, most of the images had ended up becoming blurry.

A bit disheartened at the results, she tried to keep Blaze and Rose in frame when their turn came. Tikal was a bit more successful on this part, as the two Pokemon were not constantly running around the deck and ruining her shots. As the fight ended, she took a bit of time to go through the photos she had already taken before moving back into her position.

As Tikal got herself ready, she felt Igglybuff bump into her leg, the Pokemon clearly looking a bit distressed about being on a boat. It had been obvious why she was so afraid, given the events that had led up to her capture. With a smile she nodded and pulled out her Pokeball, returning the small Pokemon. She would let her friend back out once they were back inside the cabin, and there was no visible water around them to remind them where they were.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Captain Combuske...
post Jun 8 2010, 02:33 PM
Post #13

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Zack Aiza's Team

Stryk came out, as she always did, with a very defensive fierce piercing look to her eyes. In contrast, Staa the Staryu had no expression on its face. It was a non-gendered Pokemon, it didn't do emotions! The contrasts between these two Pokemon didn't stop at their facial expression however. Their stances were totally different. Stryk flapped around in the air, circling the Staryu. Staa was grounded and didn't move. Their movepools were different too!
"Stryk, Wing attack, quick!" yelled Alex jubilantly. Stryk simply zoomed down from the sky at Staryu. But Tom was ready too.
"Staa, use protect!" he said. Staa started spinning around on the floor in defence. Stryk tried desperately to break the defence, but she couldn't!
"Quick attack, before he can use it again!" exclaimed Alex. Stryk dived at Staa, taking it down.
"Combo with Peck!" said Alex. Stryk pecked viciously at Staa, injuring it further.
"Quick, counter with Water gun!" shouted Tom. Staa blasted Stryk back into the sky with its powerful blast of water. It kept shooting out water though!
"Evade the water gun, and wing attack!" said Alex Stryk dodged this way, flew the other, until finally whacking the Staryu with a powerful wing attack. This battle was over quickly. Staa had been battered very quickly and very fiercly, and the battle was over. Alex had won the battle and the top bunk in their cabin!

Alex and Thomas each called back their Pokemon, before stepping into the middle of the arena and shaking hands. They were good friends, so the only thing that mattered here was that they'd eazch learned some more about battling. Alex had learnt the importance of status problems, and Thomas had learnt that the Speed stat is a vital one. The pair broke through the crowd, heading back to their cabin, for it was nearly lunchtime, and both boys were feeling hungry after their battle.

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
+Quote Post

rt117
post Jun 8 2010, 07:38 PM
Post #14

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

"That was pretty quick." Tikal stated as she pushed herself up to her feet, eyes stuck down on her camera's screen to look up at them to notice they were no longer there. Because Alex and Tom's battle had been so short, she was a bit disappointed in the fact she wasn't able to get as many decent pictures as she had wanted. Maybe when Alex started his first Gym Leader battle she could get the perfect shot. However that required patience, and when it came to something she loved, she could not be that patient.

By the time she finally rose her head to talk to them and show them the images on her device, she found that both of them had gone. "Didn't even say anything..." she mumbled with a frown, her finger moving towards the power button to turn the camera off, knowing its location on the device without needing to be looked at. Tikal shoved the camera into her pocket before scanning the dispersing crowd in an attempt to find them.

"They probably went back to their cabin..." she thought out loud, before running off to the stairs leading to the cabins. While she was a little annoyed at being left behind, she would feel much better once she showcased her art to them, as she could never get upset when it came to her photography. If they made any negative comments though... then they would get it. But for now she didn't think that would be a problem.

"You know, it's not polite to leave a girl behind!" Tikal called as she spotted them standing in the hall way and opening their cabin door, sliding to a halt just beside them. Remembering a promise she had made earlier, she pulled one of her Pokeballs out and released Igglybuff, who now seemed a little more calm now that there was no risk of falling into any more open water.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Protoman
post Jun 11 2010, 10:34 PM
Post #15

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Pokemon

With a stretch and a yawn, Tyson finally awoke from his brief nap on his lounging chair. He got up, promptly went to his quarters, and made himself finally wake up, just to flop onto the bed. With a soft thud, Tyson simply stared at the decorated ceiling. It was a peachy color, showing a picture of a flock of Pidgeotto flying within the sky. Tyson, thinking about his Pidgey, Aero, gazed at the Poke Ball he used to catch it.

"What am I gonna do," Tyson asked himself, feeling almost totally disgruntled about how his Pidgey acted at first. He soon got over this, putting the red and white sphere back in his holster. Finally awake, Tyson stood up, walking out of his room to where the others were. "Hey guys," Tyson stated before getting no response at all from Alex. Tyson shrugged and sat next to Tikal, trying to keep her company, since he wanted to become more than "friends".

--------------------
+Quote Post

rt117
post Jun 11 2010, 10:49 PM
Post #16

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

Having not gotten much of a response out of the two, she turned her attention over to Tyson, who had finally decided to wake up and join them. "Had enough sleep?" she asked with a giggle, before greeting him properly with a warming hug. She wasn't really sure how else she could have greeted him, what with the start of their new relationship and all. It was something she would need to start getting used to. "You missed out on a great battle you know. This will keep you caught up..."

Releasing him, Tikal rummaged through one of her pockets before pulling out her camera, the silver finish on the case making it shine slightly in the light. With the press of a button the device came to life, the screen on her side flickering and showing the last picture she had taken. Tikal began to scroll through the pictures before it until she found the first one she had taken of Alex and Tom's battle, just after a rather embarrassing photo of Aero 'savagely' attacking Hydro while in his shell. "You know how to use one of these, right?"

--------------------

+Quote Post

Protoman
post Jun 11 2010, 11:11 PM
Post #17

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Pokemon

"Of course," Tyson said, grinning widely and scratching the back of his head. In a flash of light, Blaze and Hydro both came from their containment chambers to greet Tikal and her Igglybuff.

"Squirtle Squirt!" Hydro said, folding his arms after seeing the picture that embarrassed him entirely. Blaze saw the camera and began to sniff it, not knowing what else to do. Tyson smiled at this, knowing how Blaze felt to come in contact with something new. Another flash revealed Aero, Tyson's third Pokemon, who looked at Hydro and swooped down onto him again, commencing the brutal pecking he started back in the forest. Tyson began to sweat at this sight, plucking Aero gently from Hydro's shell. The firey Pidgey glared at Hydro, then turning his attention to Blaze. The Pidgey looked at Blaze, cocking his head to the side and continuously gazing at the Cyndaquil, who simply gazed back and smiled. The Pidgey, understanding this as a sign of friendship, became happy as well.

"Go figure," Tyson said to Tikal, "Blaze is more of a friend maker than Hydro. How ironic." With a chuckle, Tyson simply patted Hydro, who kept a grimace on his face. With Aero finally calm and no longer bothering Hydro, the group sat down and devoured the berries that Tyson picked. "You're a great photographer, Tikal," Tyson complimented her, placing his hand onto hers. "You should keep doing this as well as being a Pokemon Trainer. No one can stop you from going as far as you can."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Captain Combuske...
post Jun 12 2010, 06:59 AM
Post #18

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Zack Aiza's Team

Alex simply hadn't heard Tikal. He was wondering where she was; she'd been at the battle, hadn't she? And then there was Tyson. Where was he? He'd been asleep for ages, Alex knew that, but he MUST be awake by now!
"I'll go look for Tikal and Tyson," said Alex to Tom and Nate. Tom shook his head.
"Leave me out of some investigation, will you?" he asked, smiling mischievously at Alex.
"I'd never dream of it!" Alex said, chuckling slightly. Tom was a very kind person, dedicated to his Pokemon and a master at battling, but he was also the one person who Alex knew who could really lift a mood.
"OK then. Go, Tweet!" said Tom, throwing his Tailow's Pokeball. The swallow Pokemon came out in a cheery mood, with a cute grin on its face. It started zipping around the room.
"Nice. Tweet is going to become a really good Swellow! I think I'll give Treecky a run around, along with Swamps." Alex said, and threw his two Pokeballs. Swamps came out in a similar mood to Tweet, cheerful and cute looking, and immediately started nuzzling Alex Alex. Alex smiled, picking Swamps up and placing him on his shoulder. Treecky however, was in his usual grumpy old man mood. He seemed to be a little grateful to Alex for letting him out, but as usual he was sulking. Alex didn't know of a nature like Treecky's! It was quite interesting, as Treecky completely obeyed Alex and respected him a lot, he was just grumpy all the time!
"Dude, have you seen Treecky's sulk?"
"He's just grumpy. He'll always be like that, I reckon. Just the same way that Stryk will always be a vicious mother hen, and Blaze will always be a shy but loving Pokemon, and Swamps will always be soft and nice and love me a lot. Actually, that reminds me. I don't really know Leo very well, do I?" Alex threw Leo's Pokeball, and out came Leo, smiling maliciously.
"OK then. Looks like you're the Naughty one!" Alex exclaimed, laughing.

Tom and Alex then headed into Tikal and Tyson's cabin, after having knocked to make sure they weren't busy. They saw Tikal looking at a digital camera. Alex went up and sat down on the other side that Tyson was on to her, and looked at the camera. What he saw made him feel extra cool. There, on the screen, was a picture of him doing a pose that emanated cool, which he didn't even realize he did!
"Tikal, you are an extremely talented person, you know that, right?" he said, gazing at her work in awe.

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
+Quote Post

Protoman
post Jun 12 2010, 07:48 AM
Post #19

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Pokemon

Tyson looked up and saw Alex looking at Tikal's camera. With a smile, he cleared his throat briefly, trying to get Alex's attention.

"Well, look who's here," Tyson said with a little hint of humor in his voice, "thanks for joining us, man." Aero, who had just noticed Alex, flapped fiercely before swooping towards him. He landed on Alex's shoulder, pecking lightly at his neck, just to show that he was present and accounted for as well. "What's the plan, man?" Tyson asked Alex, who apparently had been named leader of their group.

--------------------
+Quote Post

rt117
post Jun 12 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #20

Gym Leader
Group Icon

PANE Team

Tikal grinned sheepishly as she rubbed the back of her head, not quiet expecting such a positive review. Sure the pictures were good, but she hadn't thought that they were as great as the two made them seem. At least they liked them though, so that was all that mattered. "Thanks!" Tikal replied finally, feeling a bit better now with her progress. She watched in amusement as Tyson's new Pokemon too to 'greeting' Alex. Deciding to let her friends out, she turned off the camera and stowed it away in a pocket, before pulling out three other Pokeballs.

In bright flashes of light, Tikal's Charmander, Totodile, and Nidoran were set loose in the room. Nidoran was fast asleep, hunched up in a ball with his ears twitching cautiously. It was clear he was still exhausted after the battles on the island. Totodile was the far opposite, jumping up in down as a form of cheer, before rushing over to greet his fellow Water types. Charmander simply yawned, a few embers escaping his mouth, before wandering over to meet Blaze.

Igglybuff, who had taken to sitting on Tikal's shoulder as she presented Tyson and Alex with the pictures of the battle earlier, took to floating down to see the others, having the least amount of experience with the group. She was obviously a bit shy and nervous, especially near Totodile. From her observation she decided to go greet Blaze first, obviously being the friendliest of the group. However she kept close to Charmander, just in case something were to go wrong.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:07 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.