Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Glitz, Glamour and an Arasam Jammer, Private topic ~
Webbyness
post Jul 30 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #1

Avvy made by my best friend Cora.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3 959

PANE

Zeke gripped the plush arms of the cushioned chair, trying his best to relieve himself of thoughts which would have him bounding to the counter to his left. True to his word, Matt treated Zeke and Xiao to a meal after the mess with Team Deception, but being in the middle of nowhere left them to feast on what appeared to be a dingy burger van. Still, Zeke was grateful and savoured each bite, feeling a flood of warmth as each mouthful careered towards his stomach. After their meal, the group split; David presumably remained in the cabin they had reached previously, still being injured, and Matt decided to go his own way, leaving Zeke and Xiao together. The pair decided to continue on the path ahead of them; it would make far much more sense to move onward to Arasam, which was presumably only a short while away, rather than backtrack and find a new path to who-knows-where. Zeke and Xiao arrived in Arasam without much trouble, and Zeke's first order of business was the Pokémon Center. Croagunk took a few hits too many fighting Team Deception, and Aipom took a tumble herself; he wanted to make sure they had suffered no injuries and would be fine. Evidently, waiting twenty minutes just to hear news was too much of a wait, and Zeke sprang from his seat and directed his body towards Nurse Joy, who had just arrived back at the counter holding some kind of tray. As he neared the desk, Joy's face lit up as she began speaking to him.

"Ah, Zeke! Your Pokémon have been healed and they're all well. Croagunk looked a little worse for wear, but all the rest he has had must have done good for him." Joy held the tray out to a surprised and incredibly relieved Zeke, who immediately scooped his Pokéballs into his hands and placed them at his belt. Before he even had chance to take his hand away, Aipom's Pokéball popped open and the purple monkey prompty appeared to him in a flash of white light.

"Ai!"
Zeke giggled to himself as he gazed down lovingly to his faithful companion, who had seemed quite at ease in the Pokémon Center, despite it being a public place. She had either not noticed there were people in the area, or she had truly started to relax herself and become braver, most likely because of the experience with Team Deception. At that moment, a Teddiursa wandered into the Center, followed by a young girl, who headed to the counter themselves. The Teddiursa stopped just short of Aipom, and attracted the purple monkey's attention with the smell of honey on its sticky paws. Aipom swung around quickly to investigate the sweet and powerful aroma, and was greeted with the smiling face of the young bear Pokémon. Aipom screamed in shock, and retreated to her spot on Zeke's shoulder, leaving him to apologise to the startled bear and the displeased trainer. Zeke quickly shuffled over to his previous seat, stroking Aipom carefully all the while.

"Aipom, you need to stop getting spooked so often, sheesh..."

"Especially with the Arasam Contest within our reach..."

--------------------
Intuitive Aptitude, a small forum, has recently begun a Pokémon Roleplay project called Team Wars. Choose a team, and help your team towards supremacy! Work up the ranks by completing missions set by your Leader and their second in command, and receive new priveleges whenever you raise in rank. Battle against members of other teams and show just how strong you are!

PANE

Zeke Matthews
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Jul 30 2009, 06:45 PM
Post #2

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 282

Active Squad

The lad lay back in the soft, sweet-smelling grass, lacing his fingers behind his head, after placing the precious music box upon his chest. Its tinkling notes began to play, purple notes on a sapphire sky. Clouds gathered in the sapphire sky above, the slow moving swirls shifting into a kindly, weathered face then stretching to become a swarming murder of Honchcrow, or maybe just a bunch of vaporized water grouping together. He smiled like a child being read a bedtime story, tucked under a blanket of warm sunlight.

Woodrow Spencer stood up, brushing the stray grass off of his blazer. The warm earth and the scent of growing grass made a better bed than many he had known before. He was loath to go, his music box made a soothing lullaby and the song of the Pidgey was in harmony with the metallic notes of his box.

But it was indeed time to go. He knew this, of course, by Otoro's grumbling stomach and Ariana's angry marching around the lazy Gulpin.

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

The air tasted clean here, as if it had been freshly made and loosed upon the quiet town. Quiet, except for the concussion of heavy bass from a sleek red sports car that didn't fit in with the other, more humble vehicles. As Woodrow drew near, he felt the beat deep in his chest. He frowned, remembering old rivals back in school and their love of similar cars and excuses for music. The frown became a smile quickly enough. What did they matter? They didn't, especially not now. The Contest Hall was north of here, he remembered. Happily, he inserted his mp3 player's speakers into his ears.

{Now Playing: Kamelot- Center of the Universe}

Now that was real music.

"Right, 'Toro, Aria?" Woodrow intoned, full aware that his companions had no chance of figuring out what he was on about and not particularly caring.

"Buff!"

"Gullll."

Drowww.

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

"Pardon me, miss, I must have misheard you. Did you say three Pokemon?" The well dressed woman 's eyes did not flicker, but her soft lips moved.

"Yes, that's correct."

Woodrow was leaning upon a lovingly-oiled mahoghany counter, doors flanking it on either side. Arasam's Hall, in Woodrow's biased opinion, was the best. Water, trees, and libraries couldn't beat the fun and excitement one felt just watching Troy and the contestant's elegant battle. Often, fireworks were fired during contests, bedazzling the audience. Not that Otis was anything to sneeze at, either, as the Arasam Gym Leader held a special place in the boy's respect, being an elective teacher at Woodrow's school. In truth, it was more like a study hall, and Otis had chosen the lad to be his aide, doing whatever miscallaneous task the leader needed. Occasionally, he had even asked Woodrow to take over the class while he fought a gym match, which he gladly accepted. Things like the Hall and school had been the major factors in Woodrow's deciding to go on a journey, but fate waited for no man.

"Yes, one Pokemon takes place in the Appeals round, then if a contestant is successful, they choose two different Pokemon for the Contest Battle versus the Hall Leader." He could have sworn the Contest Battle had always been a single battle, but Woodrow wasn't concerned.

"Ah, my apologies for asking such a question." He turned away, straightening his blazer's collar.

"Are you still there?" came the call from the receptionist, and Woodrow turned, smiling.

"Yes, miss, I am." Strange, couldn't she just look up? She had ducked under her desk, scrabbling around. After quite a while she returned, a green coloured Pokeball in her hands.

"This is a Friend Ball, made from an Apricorn. If you want to have a fair chance of training a Pokemon quickly enough for the next Contest, this is your best chance. That is, if you want it." She held it out, and the trainer walked forward. The question of unknown location was answered simply in her eyes: cloudy blue. She was blind.

"W-want it? Of course, miss! My gracious thanks! I can't overstate my gratitude for this great gift!" His early stutter turned into over-compensating thanks. The receptionist blushed.

"I-it's nothing, really. I'll talk to Gilliam about possibly reserving a spot for you." Woodrow shook his hand, as if to brush her statement away.

"This is a truly kind gift, and for one you did not even know. If I win, it will all be due to you. Thank you, again." He bowed before realizing the futility of his action, and took the Friend Ball. The usually smooth surface was raised, engaginh Woodrow to take a closer look. There was a series of bumps patterned around the release button. Braille, maybe? He turned to leave.

"Ah, one more thing." Woodrow duly turned about once more.

"My name is Cecily, by the way."

"Woodrow Spencer, miss."

And this time, he really did turn and walk out the door, leaving Cecily to sit in her massage chair and twirl a golden lock of hair, while unconsciously straightening her dress.

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

Hmm, 3 instead of 2. That just meant he had to catch another Pokemon! But what would be useful versus the tough Steel and Ground combination of Troy and the Fire and Flying types of Otis? A water type, perhaps? But there was so little time...

Woodrow shrugged. He'd find a way, or he wouldn't. Fate would play Her hand, and Woodrow held no ace up his sleeve.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Webbyness
post Aug 2 2009, 05:12 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

PANE

Zeke tapped his foot rhymically on the floor, trying to curb his growing sense of impatience. He hadn't realised he had split from Xiao, and now he sat in the lobby of the Pokémon Center hoping she would come here to hopefully find him. Having waited roughly 10 minutes, Zeke jumped up from his seat, still cradling his Aipom, and made a beeline for the automatic doors. The ground crunched beneath his feet as he exited onto the streets of Arasam, and he rooted himself in place as he scanned the area around him. Not having a map, Zeke would have to scour the streets alone to find any significant building, hoping all the while that Xiao would think to find such a building. His best bet was the Arasam Contest Hall; he was due to sign up for the next contest, and Xiao would hopefully realise that would be his first destination. Still holding the now confused Aipom, Zeke weaved through the streets of Arasam, hoping to find something soon.

~

Zeke spent much time scouring the streets, not having much luck. He slumped against an alley wall, out of breath, still holding Aipom. She gazed at his face in a friendly fashion, and stroked his head to reassure him. As he stopped to rest, now sliding to a seated position, Aipom hopped to the centre of the alley to take a quick look around. In a stroke of luck, Aipom noticed a colourful looking building in the distance, which seemed to be adorned with flags; a potential contest hall if she had ever seen one. She cheerily dashed to Zeke to catch his attention, pulling his face in the direction of the building. His heart rose, and a smile spread across his face as he grabbed Aipom and ran off towards the other end of the alley.

As he neared the end of the alley, he noticed another person; a peculiar looking male teen, wearing a green teacosy style hat, a bomber jacket in a strange shade of brown and a pair of baggy jeans. As Zeke passed by, he noticed the teen's style facial hair and matching ponytail, and as he turned to see the man's face again, he tripped over his foot and fell to the floor, slamming down quite hard. One of Zeke's Pokéballs fell from his belt and rolled around, stopping just short of the other man's foot. He began to lean down, reaching for the ball casually, but Aipom snatched it from his grasp quickly, holding it close to her body. The man flinched, before stepping back slightly. Zeke shuffled to his knees, and began rubbing his chest in a circular motion.
"Oww, that hurt... I hate having feet sometimes..."

Zeke turned to Aipom, who bounced to his shoulder and dropped the Pokéball in front of the boy's knees, causing it to fall with a clunk. Zeke carefully picked it up, dusting it off delicately, as if fearing it would break if pressed too hard, before swiftly attaching it to his belt once again. He rose from his knees quite gracefully, and began to run once again, heading for the colourful building ahead of him.

As Zeke neared the building, his eyes scanned for any trace of a sign bearing any words; anything to make clear the identity of the building. Seeing no sign in any direction, Zeke proceeded to approach the building once again, looking for any indication of this being his desired destination. He stopped for a moment, looking for any person standing near the building, and saw a well-dressed man exit from inside. Zeke admired his pristine outift; it looked so clean, and something which could seem out of place in a town like Arasam. Feeling no need to consider his options, Zeke quickly sprinting over to the man, and proceeded to ask his question.
"H-hey! Uh, I know this probably sounds weird, but this building... is this... the Arasam Contest Hall?" asked Zeke, sounding quite flustered and out of breath. Aipom backed away slightly, as if to create more distance between herself and the strange man. "You see, I'm meant to be entering the contest, and I'm... kinda... lost?"

--------------------
Intuitive Aptitude, a small forum, has recently begun a Pokémon Roleplay project called Team Wars. Choose a team, and help your team towards supremacy! Work up the ranks by completing missions set by your Leader and their second in command, and receive new priveleges whenever you raise in rank. Battle against members of other teams and show just how strong you are!

PANE

Zeke Matthews
+Quote Post

Shiny Ninetales
post Aug 2 2009, 11:14 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 513

Claims :3

A few things happened after Dinah had left Matt and traveled with Zeke to the crater city of Arasam. First of all, Dinah was quite taken by the buildings of Arasam and she soon found herself wondering around the city without telling Zeke about her whereabouts; the girl figured that she could meet up with him later in the Pokémon Center. Soon Dinah found herself window shopping in the middle of the town’s shopping centre and in awe of all the merchandise sold there. Her window shopping eventually lead her to a dress shop for both Pokémon and trainers; the little girl quickly entered to take a closer look of the clothes.

Then Dinah met her.

“Hm… a little girl like you shouldn’t be wearing the rags you have on,” said snide looking young lady as she approached Dinah and spun the little girl till she fell right into a stool in the dressing room. Once Dinah was seated, the young lady grabbed some clothes and began to dress Dinah up in the enclosed dressing room. Utterly confused and dizzy, Dinah felt like she was tossed around in a dryer and was then hung up on a clothing line as the young lady put some make up on her. When she finally came to her senses, Dinah found herself wearing a small, tight pink tee shirt under a blue vest and short denim skirt.

“What… happened?” Dinah muttered as she stood up to look at a full body mirror. “Who is that,” Dinah added as she pointed at the mirror and saw mirror image reflected her movements.

“That’s you! Little girl. No need to thank me for making you beautiful. It’s what I do best,” the young lady said as she flipped her hair and gave the store clerk some money. “Well now you look a bit more appropriate to do a Contest even though you can never beat the likes me! Mademoiselle Elle! Ho ho ho ho! Especially with your worn out, oversized turtle!”

Before Dinah could even register what Elle was saying, the woman left laughing her head off and disappeared into the crowd. But once Dinah realized what Elle said about her, she was furious. A bag of her belongings was handed to her by the store clerk and the girl took it after asking the clerk about a few important things about Pokémon Contests. The clerk told Dinah that she could learn more if she went to the Arasam Contest Hall.

A cloud of dust followed Dinah as she ran to the contest hall.

“LET ME JOIN THE NEXT CONTEST!” Dinah screamed as she reached the counter and startled the surrounding contestants. The receptionist simply turned to Dinah and smiled at her.

“Of course you could join, but you will need three Pokémon in order to participate. One Pokémon takes place in the Appeals round, then if a contestant is successful, they choose two different Pokémon for the Contest Battle versus the Hall Leader,” the receptionist calmly told Dinah with a smile.

“Okay… hm… I don’t think I have enough Pokémon to participate… since Lulu is a bit too young… and shy,” Dinah sighed once she thought about her three Pokémon and their ability to participate. “What should I do…” Dinah moaned.

“Don’t worry… here you go. This is a friend ball. It will make the Pokémon you catch with it your pal. I believe it is the best way for you to have another Pokémon to participate in a short time,” the receptionist suggested as she held out a green Pokéball for Dinah to hold.

“Thanks, miss! I’ll go do that! I’m Xiao by the way.”

“I’m Lark, glad to be of help.”

As fast as she entered the place, Xiao left the Contest Hall and saw Zeke talking to a well dressed man.

“Oy! Zeke, help me go catch a Pokémon for the Contest! I have a rival to beat!” Xiao yelled as she ran next to Zeke and tugged at his shirt.
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Aug 3 2009, 02:14 AM
Post #5

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Woodrow looked the younger lad up and down. He was rather averagely sized, and looked for all the world to be just a young trainer, if not for the unusual red scarf on his neck.

"I assume you're new to the town. Indeed, this is the Arasam Hall, but there's no need to be in a rus-" But then was rudely interrupted by small girl screaming at the top of her shrill little lungs. The well dressed trainer winced, pushing his shoulders to his chest in a vain attempt to shrink away from the noise. He unconsciously pulled at his gloves. So the boy was Zeke, and the girl would be referred to as Shrieks.

"As I was saying, Zeke, this is indeed the Arasam Contest Hall, but there's no need to be in a rush, as the next Contest isn't until the late evening. In another circumstance, I would gladly show you about town. But, if you'd pardon me, I share the same dilemma as your...raucous...friend. I lack the third Pokemon necessary to participate, and so I find myself in the unpleasant dilemma of finding and training a new partner within the limited frame provided for me. If I'm successful, I believe I'll see you on the contest field, unless your wish is to merely mix some Pokeblocks. Well, good luck to you."

"My name, if you'd forgive my not saying it sooner, is Woodrow Spencer." He gave a bow, stiffer than his wasted one from earlier.

"Now, please pardon me, I've many things to do." Woodrow turned, and began slowly walking down South Street, the end of which was near downtown. The city of Arasam had no slums. Instead, all old buildings became "wild reclamation zones", which was a fancy way of saying the city rhyhorn-dozed the old abandoned buildings, planted trees, and gave it up to the Pokemon. A water type would be hard to come by there, but Woodrow was confident that a type advantage would be less important when compared to training experience.

...Fate.

Maybe it was fate that had led Woodrow to those two: the polite and the volume control. They had been placed in his path for a reason, and though the trainer couldn't see very far down that path, it was wisest to view the steps ahead of him. Those two could be his steps. He gave a deep sigh, steeling himself.

"Miss, you also very loudly expressed a wish to capture a Pokemon. Do you two wish to accompany me? I promise to be a fine tour guide. It pains me to use a cliched expression, but I know this town like the back of my glove."

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Webbyness
post Aug 3 2009, 06:51 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

PANE

Zeke was thoroughly confused when Xiao appeared; she no longer resembled the person she was previously, as it seemed she had been thrown into a glitzy mall with a bunch of girlfriends. He pondered the reason behind her miraculous makeover, before realising why she had "approached" him; she was entering the contest!
"Uh, Xiao, uh... this decision... to enter the contest... it was spontaneous, right? I mean... you never mentioned entering contests before..."

Zeke was now worried; he could have a potential contest rival, maybe two since it seemed Woodrow would also be entering. His hopes of winning the Arasam Ribbon so quickly began to dwindle as it dawned on him he would be fighting against so many more would-be coordinators. Still, he felt he had to help her; in any other circumstance, he would jump at the chance to help her catch a new Pokémon. He had no reason to refuse to help her, and he didn't want to throw away any friendship for the sake of a contest ribbon.
"... Well, I guess we'd better get moving then. We haven't got all day to catch a Pokémon, right?" said Zeke, reclaiming his cheerful spark. A bright smile crept across his face, with Aipom mimicking said smile. Zeke turned to see Woodrow once again, who was now addressing both him and Xiao.

"Hey, we're in luck! C'mon, we'll get you ready for the contest in no time!" cried Zeke, dashing off in Woodrow's direction with a spring in his step.

--------------------

PANE

Zeke Matthews
+Quote Post

Shiny Ninetales
post Aug 3 2009, 06:37 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 513

Claims :3

“Hm? I want to join because I want to beat this annoying lady who made fun of me and Twiggler,” Xiao replied to Zeke’s inquiry of her reason to join the contest. Mademoiselle Elle’s annoying laugh still rang in her ears as she thought of the reason she was joining.

“Well actually I have three Pokémon but my third is a bit shy and young to do anything,” Dinah explained her situation on why she needed the third Pokémon after Woodrow told Zeke about his situation and about the contest. Then Woodrow suggested that they should join together to search for Pokémon.

“Sure! That sounds like a good idea, Woodrow. Thanks for offering to guide us, I’m Xiao by the way,” Dinah happily chirped as she jumped on top of Twiggler’s back and smiled at Woodrow. Once seated on top of Twiggler, Dinah began to think about what kind of Pokémon that she should catch for the competition and figured that she would need one that could do a few flashy moves.

“Hm… I wonder what Pokémon I should catch… A Gible would be nice but I don’t know if it could do appealing moves…” Dinah muttered to herself as she shifted on top of Twiggler’s shell, it was quite uncomfortable to ride bare back when wearing a skirt. Then she shifted a bit too far to the back and fell off of Twiggler.

"... I think I should just walk," Dinah exclaimed as she stood and dusted the dirt off of her clothes.

"Also can I ask where are we going, Woodrow?"
+Quote Post

Webbyness
post Aug 18 2009, 05:06 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

PANE

Zeke watched in worry as Xiao shuffled atop Twiggler. He could tell that it didn't look comfortable, and a skirt wasn't exactly practical when trying to ride a Pokémon. Zeke tried his best to stave off a laugh as Xiao fell from the large turtle, and decided it would be best to pretend it never happened.
"Uh, Xiao, don't you think you should get changed into your own clothes?" asked Zeke, who had now turned and faced Woodrow, trying his best to not draw attention to Xiao. "I mean, a skirt isn't exactly practical, is it...?"

Zeke turned to look elsewhere for a moment, and caught glimpse of the man he had passed previouly in the alley. He was stood, leaning against the wall of an unmarked building, faced in their direction. He appeared to be watching Zeke, conveniently situated at a distance at which Zeke could not approach him or cause a problem. The man smiled to himself, and turned off to a nearby alley and disappeared from sight. Zeke stood in place, seemingly dazed, before being distracted by Aipom jabbing him in the arm with her long tail. He stared at Aipom in shock for a moment, before enquiring Woodrow about their next destination.
"Uh, Woodrow, so, uh, where are we headed? Is there a place in the city where we can find Pokémon, or... would we have to leave?"

--------------------

PANE

Zeke Matthews
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Oct 25 2009, 08:20 PM
Post #9

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Hi Webby. I love you. ;_;

`~`~`~`~`~`~

That's a big Twig.

"We're headed to a WRZ," said Woodrow, before spelling out the acronym, "that is to say, a wild reclamation zone. They are old slums the city has dozed over and let Pokemon re-inhabit. Acolytes at the gym often go there to strengthen their Pokemon. There's an old movie cinema that's a popular spot for swapping battles and trainer's gossip, and that's what I have in mind. If we can't find anything there, usually there's a lead or two toward the next swarm."

They continued quietly and amiably enough, before a strange chattering broke the silence. Woodrow gazed about for the source, only to come upon Zeke's Aipom. He smiled.

"I like your Aipom. I don't think I've even seen one in real life before." His breath came out in smooth bursts of chilled water, which dissolved quickly in the sun. Woodrow withdrew his Pokedex from his innermost pocket, and angled it at the monkey.

CAPUMAIN - Pokémon Longqueue
L'extrémité de la queue de CAPUMAIN ressemble ŕ une main et peut ętre utilisée de façon ingénieuse. Il l'utilise tant, que ses mains sont devenues trčs maladroites.

"...The extremity at the end of the line of Aipom resembles a hand but...to be... utilizes in ways ingenious. " At the bizarre look he was no doubt receiving, "my Pokedex is set in French, and I'm translating it. Poorly, might I add," he finished, smiling.

"You probably think I'm strange, walking around without any Pokeballs on my belt. But I do have two Pokemon thusfar. In fact, why don't you introduce yourself, Ariana?" He drew the Pokeball stenciled with an "A" and with no further ado, released the Igglybuff. She appeared pirouetting on the top of a trash can, before deeply bowing. She took in her 'audience', and grew flushed red at their lack of applause.

The Igglybuff stuck her tongue out at Zeke's Aipom rudely, and Woodrow frowned, returning her to her Pokeball. "No need to be mean. Otoro can behave, can't you, Otoro?" He swapped Pokeballs, and released the Gulpin unto his hand.

"Guhhll~." Sastified enough with his partner's greeting, Woodrow placed the green fella on his shoulder, where he perched happily.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Webbyness
post Oct 26 2009, 04:09 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

PANE

((The love is returned. ;-; ))

Zeke listened closely to Woodrow's plans, trying his best to understand what they would be doing. He gathered that they would be looking for information about potential Pokémon in the area, which would be a good idea.
"Hey, he's quite resourceful... this kind of information is gold! I wonder how he came across it..."

Zeke and Aipom were both a little stunned that Woodrow had never seen one of her species in real life before, but at least he liked the species, it seemed. Aipom was intrigued, especially as he withdrew something from his pocket.

Aipom jumped as the Pokédex began speaking, unaware as to what the device was, or what it was saying. She tried to pull herself further behind Zeke's head to cover herself, but could not find ample footing, and was therefore left to observe further. Still feeling confused, Aipom watched as an Igglybuff appeared in a flash of white light, leaving the purple monkey quite bewildered, especially when the small pink balloon Pokémon began to have a minor tantrum, poking her tongue out at poor little Aipom. Both Zeke and Aipom were confused as Woodrow replaced his Igglybuff with a Gulpin, but Aipom was less than comfortable with so many things going on. She buried her head into Zeke's shoulder painfully, trying to hide herself away from view.
"H-hey! Ow! Aipom!"

After fighting to keep Aipom still and as painless as possible, Zeke proceeded to introduce his own Pokémon to Woodrow.
"Well, I guess you've already met my Aipom... and this here...," said Zeke, pointing to the Pokémon at his side, "...is my Croagunk. I've also got a Finneon, but there's never enough water around to give her some fresh air."

The pair of Zeke and Woodrow proceeded to walk on through the winding streets of Arasam, with Woodrow sharing some various pieces of unrelated information to pass the time, until Zeke felt that his jeans had snagged somehow, preventing him from moving. Looking back a little, he'd noticed that Croagunk was holding tightly onto them, looking back to where the group had just walked. Zeke didn't understand initially, but began to panic and feel worried.
"... Xiao? Wh-where's Xiao? Did we lose her?"

Zeke looked around him, but could see no sign of her, or Twiggler; it would be hard to not notice Twiggler if he was around. He calmed himself down, thinking she would have gone off to get changed or something. She was independent; she was travelling before she met him, after all.
"... Do you think we should just carry on? I've no idea where she could have gone, but it'd probably easier if we carry on."

This post has been edited by Webbyness: Oct 26 2009, 04:09 PM

--------------------

PANE

Zeke Matthews
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Oct 26 2009, 08:09 PM
Post #11

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Wow, he's got a lot of foreign Pokemon. I haven't played with a Croagunk or Finneon.

"I wouldn't be too unduly concerned. Your rakish companion probably fell prey to a candy shop. Arasam candy's the best, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Of course, I'm biased. I've lived here my whole life, born and raised. Hardly ever left. Actually, I only started my, you know, 'quest' a week ago. Caught Otoro and Ariana, then turned around to try my luck at Otis's and the Contest." Woodrow glanced at Zeke's face again: still worried.

"Honestly, Zeke, she's got Pokemon, right? She can defend herself. Arasam has one of the lowest crime rates in all of Furoh. Unless," with a sly look, "you had a thing for her? I don't know, she's a little young for my tastes, but I'm spoken for anyway." His laughter at the other boy's spluttered indignation rang through the streets, disturbing quiet things huddled in corners and alleyways.

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Woodrow ducked under an overhanging barrier, of which was stamped 'Do Not Enter.' "I'll grab this for you- I've got my gloves on." Zeke ducked down, and the Arasam native thought it wise to explain his casual law-breaking.

"Don't worry, the metro's just a shortcut to the cinema. The city shut down this system about when they declared this a WRZ. There's nothing worse than Rattata in here, except, of course, the killer Feraligatr," he deadpanned, before remembering his fated companion's skittishness. "I'm merely kidding, of course. They were exterminated years ago. Now, if Ariana would lend us a flash..." He withdrew a hand, once more, into his pocket, and took in hand the "A" Pokeball. He attempted a stylish gesture, but failed, nearly dropping it.

"Oh mighty diva, lend us thy guiding light!" The Igglybuff gave him a look that clearly said, "Oh, come on," and did something- Woodrow always looked away to avoid being blinded. But whatever she did, it worked, and the station was suddenly clear in rank detail. Broken down escalators led to the browned and littered floors. Advertisements for long-faded soft drinks (Woodrow was a water man) curled yellow on grimy walls over long-since scavenged vending machines. Nihilistic messages too stylized to read were exposed on graffiti'd walls, their writers long since fled.

He ran his hand on the cold metal handrails, trying to ignore the nasty scent of musty fabric and rodent droppings. "The scent's poor, I'm afraid, but we'll just have to grin and bear it. Otherwise, it'd take us an hour." Woodrow turned to continue, his long strides equal to running for Ariana.

A single Rattata stood before them, hissing as it raised its haunches. The Igglybuff behind him yelped, pumping her little legs to hide behind her trainer. One of Woodrow's hands reached behind him to offer assurance to the shivering balloon Pokemon, while the other reached for a smaller sphere.

"Ugh, it's a mild inconvenience. Otoro, Thunderpunch!" He tried, and this time succeeded, in putting some flair into its throw.

The Gulpin took no notice of the strange surroundings. In fact, if one didn't know any better, it was as if he did this every day. The Rattata took the first move, however, sprinting forward and snapping at Otoro. The bite connected, and Woodrow quietly swore an expletive. "Fiddlesticks!"

Sparks began to flick off of the Stomach Pokemon's small arm, and holding it as far from his little body as he could, showed off considerable agility by springing into the air and drilling into the Rattata's back.

The rodent fell over, limbs twitching and whiskers sparking with excess electricity. Hisses came from the darkness beyond Ariana's sphere of light, and it took no stretch of the imagination for them to mean 'that squishy little thing can make lightning?!' Woodrow clapped his hands in triumph. "Good job, Otoro, just like we practiced. Glad to see you've been working on the agility, but next time, a bit more of the exciting sparks, okay?" Otoro flexed his tiny arms, showing off nonexistent muscles to the Igglybuff, who scoffed and turned away. Woodrow turned to Zeke.

"Haha, sorry, I just get so used to that. Did you want to train Aipom? It's almost part of the routine now. Duck under ceiling beam, don't slip on stairs, ogle graffiti, take care of Rattata...Same old story." He shrugged.

"Anyway, when we met, you were saying something about the Contest Hall. I'm assuming you've come to face Troy for his ribbon?" It didn't strike Woodrow as odd, in that he was having a conversation about contests with a near-stranger in an abandoned subway station. In fact, if an observer didn't know any better, he might think that Woodrow did that every day.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Webbyness
post Oct 27 2009, 11:57 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

PANE

Zeke watched Woodrow and his Pokémon curiously, quite amazed by his quirky yet pleasing demeanor. He seemed very reliable, if not a little misguided at times, mainly concerning his friendship with Xiao, and Zeke was glad to have such a good person guiding him through Arasam. Well, almost. Being dragged through an abandoned subway, which reeked of long-dead vegetation and other unknown and gut-wrenching smells? Not exactly the most glamorous location in the world, but if it would help them somehow, then it would obviously have to do. Zeke grasped his nose, and Aipom followed his lead, until realising she had no nose to grab. Pokémon anatomy was so annoying.

Zeke was quite impressed by Otoro's Thunderpunch, paying particular attention to the flair Woodrow had provided in the move. He was obviously an impressive coordinator, and quite possibly a cause for concern, if Zeke could ever see it. Breaking his concentration for a moment, Zeke proceeded to answer Woodrow's question.
"Yeah, I'm here to win my first ribbon. I have no idea what the Hall Leader is like... to be honest, I'm not too clued up on the idea, since I'm from Johto. Contests are more... straightforward there, at least, they are to me."

The pair of Zeke and Woodrow continued to traipse through the subway, murky water squelching beneath their feet as they walked. Croagunk seemed happy walking through the disgusting sludge, feeling perfectly comfortable in the dank and smelly subway. To each his own, thought Zeke, concerned about how Aipom felt about being in this place. Surprisingly, she was quite calm, possibly from Ariana's light, and there was no cause for concern. She seemed more interested in the graffiti across the seemingly oozing walls, and this was obviously keeping her quiet.

The sound of creatures scuttling could be heard near some benches which rested along the wall, pulling from the fixings that would usually keep them attached to the floor. Not wanting to linger, the group pressed on, reducing their chances of being attacked by rogue Pokémon. Another set of broken down escalators stood before them, presumably leading to the upper level and the exit that would bring the group out of the dank and derelict subway. Upon inspection, it seemed another Rattata was sleeping on the steps, preventing them from going further. Zeke looked to Woodrow, as if signalling for him to remove it, but the man instead directed Zeke towards it. Seemingly determined, Zeke nodded to Woodrow as he called Aipom forward to dispatch of the small rat. However, as she landed on the floor upon leaping from Zeke's shoulder, the murky water splashed around her and matted her fur. Now extremely panicky and upset, Aipom began running on the spot before running and clinging onto Zeke's leg for protection. Now sighing, Zeke called forward Croagunk to dispatch the problem.
"Croagunk, chase it off with Pursuit, OK?"

Croagunk nodded cheerily, before pulling his arms behind him and dashing off to the Rattata. Heading up the stairs, now sprinting, Croagunk had alerted the Rattata to his presence, prompting the purple rat to run up the stairs. Croagunk began to chase it, before hitting Rattata in the back and forcing it a short distance into the air. Landing with a thud, the Rattata scuttled off on the upper level in fear, leaving the group free to move onwards. Stepping up the escalator a little behind Woodrow and Ariana, Zeke proceeded to ask a question.
"Hey, uh, Woodrow, how much farther do we need to go? I was hoping this shortcut would be, uh, shorter?"

This post has been edited by Webbyness: Oct 27 2009, 11:59 AM

--------------------

PANE

Zeke Matthews
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Oct 28 2009, 01:15 AM
Post #13

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Woodrow started. He hadn't realized he had been frowning at the Aipom's fright. If your trainer wants you to fight, you fight...right? Maybe Otoro and Ariana just haven't been really tested yet...nah.

"Shouldn't be any more than two minutes," assured Woodrow. "Again, I apologize for the odour, but there's not much to be done. If you'd look over there," he gestured at a staircase that didn't look particularly lit up, "you'd see our exit. It's a trick of the light, you'll see. Right up that last escalator, and we'll be outside again." The well-clothed trainer didn't lie, and quickly enough, the air was crisp and bright once more. "And it is my great honor to welcome you to WRZ 7, Subsector T." He gave no indication of having made that up on the spot.

"Okay, Ariana, we're good." The Igglybuff beside him exhaled sharply, deflating slightly. "You okay, partner?" Two red eyes quickly looked into his, and Ariana nodded.

"Buuu~." The reply was cheerful enough, if not a little tired. However, Woodrow frowned.

"Don't stress your cords. Here, one second, Zeke. Just have to rehydrate." He dropped to a knee, flicking his messenger bag to the forefront. With gloved hands, he flicked through the various compartments until...

"Fresh water. Hmm, this is the last one. Okay, you know the drill, Ari, just gargle and spit." Carefully, Woodrow unscrewed the top and handed the full bottle of water to the balloon Pokemon. Apologies, Zeke, I'd offer you and your team some, but Ari's still developing her vocal cords. Thusly, we have to take special precautions against damaging them." He shrugged, standing up and slinging his pack. "The cinema isn't any farther than a two-minute walk that way," he added, nodding his head forward.

"Hmm, you said Johto's contests were different? Probably not too much." Their footsteps reverberated quietly over the sparsely occupied streets. Few policemen walked this beat, and why should they? As far as the authorities were concerned, only Pokemon lived here.

"But I trust a quick rehashing shan't go to too much waste, as a way to pass the walk. Anyway, Contests in Furoh are nothing to worry about. You select three Pokemon to use, what music you want to play during your Soloist's Appeal, and what category you want each Pokemon to Appeal in. Some Coordinators prefer to focus on a niche category to appeal on- it's a lot easier for an Igglybuff to be Cute than a Rhydon, as one might expect." Strange patterns of lights flickered high in the sky, but Woodrow took no notice. He was attempting to balance a Pokeball on his nose.

"The choice of Pokemon for your Soloist Appeal is probably the hardest. The Soloist is often the Coordinator's best-trained partner. For instance, I plan to use Ariana as my Soloist. Not because Otoro's a bad appealer, not by any accounts of the word." Woodrow glanced at his perched Gulpin partner. Otoro had began to lightly snore into Woodrow's ear, trilling his lips as he exhaled. Adorable. "The Soloist shan't be called upon to fight in the upcoming Leader Battle, so one can focus totally on appeal-tact, instead of battle-appeal-tact. Is this making sense? I'm not making sense, let me start over."

But the duo had approached the theater. In old and peeling paint, the marquee promoted movies long-since removed from the box office. Burned out bulbs etched the outline of what was once surely a place of splendor and thrill. From his perch on Woodrow's shoulder, Otoro lazily yawned, waking up. Ariana had been since returned to her Pokeball, after returning to Woodrow a half-full bottle of water. He had frowned, then shrugged, and imbibed the rest.

"Oh! I almost forgot. Keep your stuff close to you. Just because these gentlemen know me, doesn't mean that they'll see a moral dilemma in relieving you from your goods," Woodrow said, lowering his voice, while at the same time loosening his tie and mussing his hair. "Try to not stare at anyone for too long. They'll consider it a challenge. Right, enough Fight Club rules. And, they call me Velvet in there. Try not to laugh, okay?" After forcing an assurance that Zeke would not, indeed, chuckle, Woodrow opened the smudged glass door and waltzed in.

It smelled better than the subway. While most cinemas were filled with the laughter of children racing one another up and down rows, this theater was particularly somber.

A large, overhanging sign hung overhead. Written on it in blinking green and red lights were various street names and Pokemon species. {38th and Packer Street, Dunsparce,} {12th and Ritner, Swinub}, {20th and Marvine, Volbeat}, {1st and Market, Aron.} From behind a snack stand (oddly, well stocked and clean, compared to the relative disrepair of the rest of the theater) stood an older man, in his mid-to-late twenties, leaning on the counter. He grinned, waving at Woodrow as he entered.

"Hey, Velvet, what's up? Weren't you leaving on your gym leader quest? 'I'll be back someday, just a little more famous.'" Woodrow shrugged, still gazing at the Street name/ Pokemon sign.

"I did, but then I remembered there's one here. I need three Pokemon to try for the Contest hall, and for Otis. So, here we are. Best place inside the city for trainer talk."

"Who's your friend?"

"Ah, my apologies. Bluffs, this is, erm, Radon. Radon, my illustrious usher, purveyor of popcorn, Mr. Bluffs. Bluffs, Radon and I are in search of Pokemon." Bluffs nodded, his bald head reflecting some sunlight.

"Many people are."

"Radon, why don't you go ahead and ask Bluffs what you're looking for?" said Woodrow/Velvet, still pondering the sign with a strange look upon his face.

(uhh, it's 2 in the morning, sorry if it's a bit disorganized.)

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Webbyness
post Oct 28 2009, 05:00 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

PANE

Zeke listened closely to Woodrow's explanation of the Furoh Contest scene; either it was tougher than he expected, or Woodrow was making it sound more complicated. However, the revelation of music for the appeal was a little worrying; Zeke had not prepared for this scenario. However, his mother's extensive music library may lend him a much needed boost, and he would hopefully find something suitable for Finneon's appeal.
"Yeah, I think I understand... thanks."

Stepping into the building, Zeke took a moment to observe his surroundings. The movie theater looked quite dingy, but it seemed to be an appropriate place to divulge information. He followed Woodrow to the snack counter, listening to their conversation, still looking around. Hearing his new name being mentioned, the young boy stepped forward to acknowledge his introduction, before being called forward to ask for information. Zeke was about to correct Woodrow, pointing out that he didn't need any Pokémon, and it was Xiao and Woodrow himself that would be needing a Pokémon to catch. However, with Xiao not present, Zeke thought it would be a good idea to gather information on her behalf. Taking a thinking pose, Zeke considered what Pokémon that Xiao would prefer to catch. She had Lulu, Twiggler and Oni - these could be considered for the Tough or Cool categories, or even Cute in the case of Lulu. Drawing on Xiao's personality, Zeke decided a Tough Pokémon would be best; she's a hardy person and doesn't mind rough conditions. Having a Pokémon available to fight head-on seemed like the best choice for someone like her, he thought.
"Uh, yeah, I'm entering the Arasam Contest this afternoon and need a new Pokémon to enter with... what would you suggest for someone looking for a Pokémon for the Tough category? Got any interesting info?"

Zeke wasn't overly sure how this worked; Woodrow had only thrown him into the deep end in all this. He decided to try and talk his way through it, hoping he'd do something right. Besides, he may find himself a Pokémon to catch, although he didn't really need one. He was happy with what he had for the moment.

--------------------

PANE

Zeke Matthews
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Nov 22 2009, 05:24 PM
Post #15

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Woodrow's phone rang, and he murmured a quick apology, stepping out of the theater for a moment. Bluffs regarded Zeke for a moment, then began to speak in his low bass voice.

"Well, there's always the Arons and Geodudes and whatnot in the more broken down sessions, like 19th and Walnut, some fighting types, Machops, Mankeys, Tyrogues, and I've heard of some Onix in the metro. But you wouldn't want that. You'd want -good- stuff." Bluff leaned in, bidding Zeke with a hand closer. "I've been getting a couple reports of Spiritomb over on 4th and Packer. You know what they say 'bout Spiritombs, right? Born of the union of 32 souls! 'Course, I don't believe in that stuff, a 'mon's a 'mon. I usually wouldn't say this, but consider it a beginner's freebie."

`~`~`~

Woodrow opened the phone, silencing the ringtone of Jason Mraz's Lucky. If he hadn't been alerted by the custom ringtone, the melodious voice on the line all but gave it away.

"Hey, loser."

Miss Kathryn Chez was on the line. Miss Kathryn Chez, the fine young lady of which Woodrow had found himself spending a great deal of time with. Miss Kathryn Chez, soprano 1, a fellow member of the Pop Vocal sound group of the Arasam Teen's Chorus, the Treblemakers. Miss Kathryn Chez, Woodrow's significant other.

"Oh, it's just you." He was smiling like an idiot.
spoilered for kinda long
(click to show)

`~`~`.`~`~.`~`~.

As Woodrow closed the phone, he strode back in. Bluffs was now talking to Zeke about the benefits of Apricorn-made balls versus Devon Corp. products.

"All ready, Zeke? What do you wish to do now?"

`~`~`~

Far way from the drama of the contestants was the altogether more serious discussion

Two men sat in an attic. One, averagely sized and dark, groaned good naturedly [!] as the air conditioner sputtered once more. The other man, just as average in height but holding an air of authority about him [!] looked disdainfully at the former, lowering a hamper full of clothes onto the only non-occupied chair, shooing a napping Paras off of the plastic covering. He exhaled sharply, running a hand through cyan hair.

"I think everything should have its place, Voland, don't you?"

"Oh, yes sir." The answer was enthusiastic, if not a bit stilted.

"I think that people should have a place. Everybody should be happy, living in harmony with each other and Pokemon."

"Yes, sir. All glory to the Solstice Brigade, and all that." [!]

"And most of all," the dark man picked up a dark green shirt that read 'Seafoam or Bust' on it, "I think clothes have a place too! Mainly," he continued, throwing the shirt at Voland, "A DRESSER!"

~~~~~~~~~
Remember, hold your cursor over [!] for footnotes.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Webbyness
post Nov 24 2009, 07:06 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

PANE

Zeke felt a nagging voice in his head comment on Bluff's slighty mistake - Zeke knew it wasn't 32 souls which made up a Spiritomb, but that was less than a pressing matter. The chance to find a Spiritomb was mighty tempting, and despite being pleased at the prospect at looking for an Aron, Zeke would prefer scouring a possible bad lead in hopes of finding this apparently rare Pokémon. He began pressing for information, mainly where these areas were, but Bluffs could give no help to the young man, leading him to suggest Woodrow lead him to the right place. It seemed to be the best idea, so he shelved the current conversation for a while.

Now engaged in an almost irrelevant conversation, Zeke began spewing out as much information on Apricorns as he could; his mother had a very small orchard near their home, but Zeke only dared to approach with Croagunk on hand. Apparently, Bluffs was expecting a small delivery of apricorns from Johto, many of which he wanted to grow., possibly for some strange venture; it was possible Pokémon would be attracted by them. Not noticing Woodrow's re-entrance, Bluffs pointed Zeke in the direction of his companion.

"Oh, uh, Velvet!" mused Zeke, putting a particular amount of effort in saying the man's nickname. "Uh, there isn't much for me... although..."

Leaning in, as Bluffs had done previously, Zeke began to whisper, as if fearing someone else would catch wind of the information.
"Bluffs told me about a Spiritomb sighting... mind if we check it out? Even if we don't get it, it'll be good to check out, right?"

Zeke was still a little unaware about the whole idea of passing information, but hearing it for himself, he felt an excitement which wouldn't be matched by meeting any other Pokémon. However, the prospect of getting lost before the contest didn't seem too... good, to say the least. But he trusted Woodrow's sense of direction, and with no problems eating away at his mind, Zeke began almost bouncing up and down in anticipation. Aipom jutted around uncomfortably on Zeke's shoulder, feeling a little confused and worried.

--------------------

PANE

Zeke Matthews
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Nov 26 2009, 10:06 AM
Post #17

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Spiritomb, eh? Can't say I'm quite well versed with it. It's like a Sableye, correct? No known natural weaknesses." Woodrow nodded, clapping his companion on the back. [!] "Very well, we shall seek the rarest treasure." He paused, then turned to Bluffs.

"Oh, and Bluffs, Capri says there's no reports from uptown, but she's heard about some Qwilfish swarming in the river near." Bluffs nodded, doffing an imaginary cap. He smacked the counter he was leaning on, and lo, the tiles of the counter did flip over, revealing a small keyboard. A few fast-flying flicks of the finger and a 'ping' sounded, as the movie counter above now showed a new entry- {The Packer Street River, Qwilfish.}

"Swell. Alright, a fond farewell, Bluffs." The bald man grunted, tossing Woodrow a small wrapped something. He caught it in one gloved hand, and the subtle waft of almonds was clear to the trainer's nose.

"Almond cookies. Koiz made them. I'm not much for them, but maybe you'll like them."

"They smell fantastic. You have my thanks. Very well, we're heading out."

`~`~`~`~

"That's how things work 'round here, Radon," explained Woodrow, as he held the door open for his young ward, "you get a little, you take a little. It's the Downtown System. No organized crime. No crime at all, actually. Just the honour system." He blabbered on a little more about how great everything was in the downtown, before realizing he had no idea where he was going and had to ask Zeke. After the discussion, he promptly got lost and had to call Kathryn for directions. It was embarassing. [!]

"Anyway, Capri- or Kathryn," as they had returned to the exit of the metro, with nary a soul in sight, "is, erm, a very good friend of mine," a blissful smile crossed his face, filling in the blanks, "and she of which I departed the theater to converse with. Please accept my apologies as to my lack of courtesy." He looked at Zeke's less than enthusiastic expression, and bit his own lip.

"Actually, I don't believe we even need to re-enter the metro, which I'm sure is a relief. Do you hear that?" He paused. "The Packer Street River. We find it and follow it, and we'll be on 4th and Packer in no time."

They found the river without too much heartache, reaching it within 10 minutes. It smelled pretty bad, he had to admit. But not all of becoming a Pokemon contestant was glitz and glamour, there was always the gritty side. Contestant...contestant...what am I forgetting?

"Oh, right. Ariana, staccato, if you would." Pulling out both his Igglybuff's Pokeball and a small whistle-like instrument, he released the former and put the latter to his lips. Woodrow played an octave, remarking more to himself that he started on a C flat.

"Puh-uh-uh-uh-uf," sung Ariana, keeping the notes short and choppy. "Vocal exercise," he explained to Zeke. "Helps keep the chords together, even if lip trills are better." He put his lips to the whistle again, and soon the Qwilfish-flooded river was awash with the sounds of practice.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Webbyness
post Nov 26 2009, 06:06 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

PANE

Zeke watched Ariana's vocal training in mild surprise; he had not thought to play on a Pokémon's natural skills before. To him, a contest was just flashy moves and dazzling battles. Obviously, Woodrow had realised there was a lot more than that, but Zeke did not have the chance to change his tactics. Hopefully, catching a Spiritomb would be a sure path to victory in the Arasam contest. Although he originally didn't intend to catch a Pokémon, Zeke was now pumped and mentally prepared to make a catch. Now watching the floundering Qwilfish in the river's shallows, Zeke became tempted to "ditch" Woodrow and leave him to train while chasing up the lead on Spiritomb. However, to ditch a companion for self-benefit would be cruel and thoroughly rude. Watching Ariana sing once again, a silly smile crept over the young man's face. As Woodrow brought away his whistle and Ariana's performance ended, Zeke and Aipom clapped in earnest.
"Uh, Woodrow," said Zeke, as the man pocketed his whistle, "Do you and Ariana practice like this often? It seems strange, compared to other coordinators who polish attacks and stuff like that..."

Waiting for Woodrow's answer, Zeke glanced down to Croagunk, who was stood at the riverbank, overlooking the swimming Qwilfish with a smile. Feeling a thought almost click in his head, Zeke rummaged around his bag and brought out a polished Pokéball, before tossing it high into the air. Watching it pop open, Croagunk leaped back as the light shot into the water and revealed the form of a fish. Almost immediately, the Finneon aimed a Water Gun at Croagunk's face, who cheerfully guarded his face from the pressured blast with his hands.
"Finneon, we'll be walking across this river for a while, so feel free to follow."

Finneon cheered and dived below the surface, and began swimming among a small gathering of Qwilfish, heading off down the river. Nodding in Woodrow's direction, Zeke and Croagunk began walking down the riverbank, towards the direction of 4th and Parker, while Aipom watched Finneon's underwater acrobatics, observing the small fish's many spins and taking particular attention to how she was weaving in and out of the surrounding Qwilfish. Small geysers began to rise from below the surface as Finneon released small jets of water from her mouth, squealing as the geysers dispersed into droplets and fell like raindrops.

--------------------

PANE

Zeke Matthews
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Nov 27 2009, 11:58 PM
Post #19

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Woodrow and Ariana bowed quite graciously at their audience, and Ariana performed for an excited Aipom an encore. "Quite," said Woodrow, almost startled by Zeke's question, "very often, actually. As a vocalist myself, I can't stress enough the importance of proper training. Of course, from what I've been able to gather from the internet, Ariana's vocal cords are still developing. So, as a responsible trainer, it falls to me to help her develop. And, if it doesn't win me the contest," he shrugged nonchalantly, "so be it. Fate has decreed it. There's always Otis."

"And this is an attack, you know. Ariana, Somewhere That's Green." [!] At once, Ariana sat up, and began singing a sweet, sad melody. The Pokemon around her began to droop, the once excited Aipom now curling up comfortably on Zeke's head and settling into a midday nap. Croagunk, at the river bank, nodded once or twice, but caught himself.

"Okay, Aria, that's enough." He winked cheekily at Zeke, beginning to speak, but stopping when Ariana puffed up angrily. "Oh, I'm sorry. That was your favorite part, wasn't it? Okay, keep going, but pianissimo, okay?" The Igglybuff spun around happily, then continued, too quiet to affect anything.

"Comparing Coordinators is a mistake. Did you see Darryn Kellor's match the other day?" He had apparently forgotten that he had met Zeke when the latter had asked for directions to the hall. "I'm not, erm, planning upon ripping my shirt open, but comparing his style to my own is like an apple to an orange- next to impossible, except we're both fruits." He paused, then laughed. "N-not like that, or anything." Eep. That was a slick one.

He appreciated Zeke's polished Pokeball, and realized with a slight pang that he had never cleaned his own. Grasping and regarding Otoro's sordid capsule with sadness, Woodrow immediately resolved to do something about it. Taking a cloth usually used for cleaning the glasses he had in reserve [!] and an appropriate amount of saliva, he set about buffing Otoro's Pokeball until it shined. A slipping finger hit the "release" function, and the Gulpin was released. He seemed nonplussed, gazing at Woodrow for a moment, then shrugging (a huge achievement when you don't have shoulders) before waddling over to the river.

The stomach Pokemon showed huge dexterity in creating a little fishing rod out of a twig and some twine, and happily hopped back to Woodrow, waving his rod around. [!] The trainer knelt, letting Otoro climb on his back. Otoro then cast his fishing line, and with a pleased "Gul!~" fell asleep. The coordinators walked onward, Woodrow shrewdly taking notice of his companion's techniques and attempting to figure out the patterns he unconsciously led himself into. Though most of his father's sayings and wartime rambles had congealed in Woodrow's mind into one large lump of knowledge, one phrase stood clear- 'have a plan to beat everyone you meet.' Inconspicuously, he scanned the Finneon for information.

ECAYON - Pokémon Poisson Ailé

Aprčs une longue exposition au soleil, les motifs de ses nageoires caudales luisent ŕ la nuit tombée.

Otoro fell off. Woodrow turned with a start, to see his little buddy wrestling with the fishing line.

"Qwilfish. Horsefeathers," he murmured to himself. To Otoro, he yelled. "Otoro, cut the line and Thunderpunch." Otoro continued to fight with the hooked fish. He was rapidly losing ground, and even when Croagunk ran to support him, the two continued to be dragged toward the drink.

"OTORO! WOULD YOU QUIT IT WITH THE LINE FOR ONE SECOND AND JUST THUNDERPUNCH?!" "Gull..." With a mighty tug, the two Poison Pokemon managed to heave their catch out of the water for a brief moment. The whole thing was recorded, and gained notoriety on the 'Furoh's Funniest Pokemon' circuit as a cult classic.

"Jiminy Cricket...a Gyrados." "Yawn, Otoro, yawn! Yawn, for your life!" The rightfully terrified Gulpin didn't want to blink for a second, much less yawn. He continued to shake. "Fie." His hands du into his messenger bag, finding the two things he needed: mp3 player and a certain bag.

Now Playing: Eye of the Tiger- Acapella: Adam Mickiewicz University. There was no purpose for that. I just wanted to psych up.

"Otoro? You want a cookie?" Despite his horror, the Gulpin turned around to listen to his master. "You get a cookie, as soon as you Thunderpunch. You know-" Woodrow hopped backward, arching back his fist and stepping forward in a demonstration, "Thunderpunch!" Otoro performed admirably, leaping into the air and smashing the Gyrados in the face. The Gulpin landed on the Gyrados' head, clinging for dear life on its head spikes.

`~`~`~`~`

Across the river, a strangely tall figure watched from the shadows. Upon seeing Otoro's Thunderpunch, he tensed, then attempted to mimic the gestures. His shoulders sagged, as no electricity was displaced from his fists.

`~`~`~`~`

The Gyrados, now fully reared from the water, thrashed about, dislodging poor Gulpin from his perch. As he tumbled through the air, the Gyrados spun about, smacking Otoro with its tail. The Gulpin went flying, and only Woodrow's quick athletic skill prevented him from crashing into a house. Woodrow caught him like a kickball, leaping into the air and hugging Otoro as he fell. The trainer's eyes, however, were only for Gyrados.

White barbels, he noted mutely. A female. A choked "Gullll" from his stomach reminded Woodrow that he was slowly suffocating his companion.

"Ready, buddy?" "Gulll!" Otoro wanted his cookie. "Okay, I'm gonna toss you. Otoro, Pain Split!" A strange colour-that-wasn't-a-colour aura radiated around Otoro as he flew through the air like some ungodly poisonous baseball. The aura lashed out, surrounding the Gyrados as well. It shuddered, and when the not-colour dispersed, it seemed a little weaker for it, and Otoro just a little stronger. The Gyrados reared back, giving an ungodly roar that shook the few windows that hadn't been broken of the street. It began to gyrate oddly, in clockwise rotation. A cone of wind soon swallowed the Atrocious one, and its sudden stop and

Zeke, for his part, was helping, but his commands were drowned out by the roar of Journey in Woodrow's ears. Punch-combos by Croagunk, water bursts from Finneon, and Aipom, well, Aipom just cowered. Ariana was, wait, what was Ariana doing? Looking around, Woodrow caught her pirouetting on a jutting rock far left of the battlefield.

"...What am I doing? Aria, Copycat Otoro's Thunderpunch!"

Sighing, Ariana dismounted from her perch, rolling over to her trainer for extra speed. [!] The Igglybuff put her just-as-stubbly arm in the air, rearing back in sync with Otoro. The two amorphous blobs sprung into the air, Ariana even managing a few mid-air flips.

"HIIITMONNNN!" A foreign yell pierced the battlefield, and as the double-blob-team landed their super-effective blows, a tall figure from the opposite bank delivered a powerful kick into Gyrados' back. Woodrow blinked, trying to focus on the figure. All he could see were red gloves and something purple before the figure zipped away again, making him wonder if he had merely imagined it.

The Dual Thunderpunches (plus jump kick?) struck true, knocking the Atrocious Pokemon deep into the drink. Woodrow's Pokemon swam out as quickly as they could, and the Gyrados did not emerge at once. The heroes had a chance to breathe. The battle wasn't faring well, and it would weigh poorly on Woodrow's conscience to leave a Gyrados in his town. Defeating it seemed unlikely, and running away was the coward's gambit.

"Nothing for it, I'll have to catch it." Ignoring the probable yells of Zeke inquiring to his state of mind, Woodrow dug into his pack again, grasping a red sphere of cool metal. "Ariana, Flash," and the Igglybuff did -something- again, causing a great flash of light and the Gyrados to rear into the air once more, roaring. Woodrow settled into a pitcher's stance, thumbing the Pokeball behind his back.

"And here...we...go!" With a throw any high-school coach would be proud of, Woodrow threw the device toward the water-bird.

It swallowed the Pokeball.

An awkward slence followed.

Until the Gyrados began to glow red, changing into pure energy as the Pokeball came into effect. It fell to the nearest rock on the beach, and shook. Once...twice...(Woodrow's heart was in his mouth)...and thrice.

"...I just caught a Gyrados." Promising himself to send it to Bluffs or Kathryn or back home as soon as possible, Woodrow pocketed the ball shakily. "I didn't even use the Friend Ball. Dang it!" He still needed to catch a Pokemon for the Contest. [!]

Why had it raged, I wonder? No, it's just a Gyrados. It does that..

"...Oh, look. 4th and Packer." They had arrived.

Pokemon Captured (click to show)

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Webbyness
post Nov 28 2009, 05:09 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

PANE

After the mess with the Gyarados, Zeke had begun to wonder about this Spiritomb hunt, but having come so far, to drop out seemed... very silly. Having now arrived at 4th and Packer, Zeke returned Finneon to her Pokéball in a flash of sparkling red light, and pocketed the red ball so it would be ready for quick use again. The pair of Zeke and Woodrow began to inspect the area, using their Pokémon to assist them. Aipom tagged along with Ariana, who seemed a little displeased by having the purple monkey clinging to her, but Otoro and Croagunk were more than happy to search together. The three pairs trawled around the area, looking for any sign of Spiritomb, but having not laid eyes on it themselves, their search was all but fruitful. Defeated, the gang began to converge on the spot below the street signs of 4th and Packer, and although Otoro and Croagunk arrived quite quickly (with Croagunk curiously giving Otoro a piggyback), Ariana and Aipom were taking their time. Worried something was wrong, Zeke decided to go on ahead to find them, walking in the direction of the bushes they should have been searching through.
"I bet Aipom ran off on her own... which means Ariana would have gone after her..." thought Zeke, playing various scenarios throughout his mind on how Aipom would be in a great amount of trouble, with Ariana dragged into it. He shook his head, trying to dispel the thoughts.

As he approached the bushes, they began to rustle loudly as Ariana appeared, with Aipom following quite slowly, holding some kind of object. Unable to jump up to show Zeke, Aipom held out an odd-coloured stone to Zeke, using her tail, but still unable to hold it correctly due to its considerable size and weight. Dropping it into Zeke's hands, Aipom slumped to the ground and began to watch his inspection of the stone. It looked like it had a face, and a crack throughout the roof of the stone. With no particularly interesting functions to which he could determine, Zeke considered leaving it around, but since Aipom and Ariana went to all the trouble of finding it, he decided it was worth keeping after all. Placing it carefully inside his bag, using his various pieces of clothing as cushions, Zeke heaved his bag around his back once again, feeling the weight dragging him down, leading him to adjust the straps to stop it dropping so much. Leading Aipom and Ariana back to Woodrow, Zeke was prepared to declare this search a failure. Stopping underneath the street signs, the Pokémon crowded around their respective trainers.
"So, bad lead I guess. No sign of a Pokémon here... Any idea what to do next? We haven't got long before the contest begins, and you still need a Pokémon..."

Item Received (click to show)

--------------------

PANE

Zeke Matthews
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:32 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.