Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
30 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Questions As They Come, General Stuff You Don't Need a Topic For
Falkyn
post Aug 25 2008, 12:06 AM
Post #21

Why eat your fist?
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1 944

Active Squad

Sorry about that, but it would do for people to keep in mind that we're still in testing phases, for the most part.

--------------------
Because the only thing better than getting a hot, juicy burger is making one.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Lemonade
post Aug 29 2008, 10:52 PM
Post #22

The Kid With the Funky Name
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 496

Active Squad

All right, I've got another one. If your part of the RP is finished, can you move on to the next one before your RP is graded?

--------------------

Lemonade Johnson, the Yellow and Green Freak

My Lucario

Inspired by Dark's Gliscor
+Quote Post

Falkyn
post Aug 30 2008, 09:48 AM
Post #23

Why eat your fist?
Group Icon

Active Squad

I suppose, but you wouldn't get as many levels as you would if you just found reasons to stick around.

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Rose Crusade...
post Aug 30 2008, 01:48 PM
Post #24

Former GTS +PL Grass Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 193

Melinda Rose

The reason he is asking this, is because the RP is neaar the end of its life, and we (Jaima and I) just need to finish it. He was wondering, since his character has finished his role and is moving on in the world, if he could leave Port Barley before it was quite finished with, seeing as his character has finished and left Port Barley.

I think it is justified, seeing as his RP experience was hurt due to an absence of another RPer This person had just not posted at all and we have decided to move on without him. Daxtertik waited with much patience during the time to wait for the person that left to post. He just wants to continue to RP as quickly as possible, which isn't a bad thing. happy.gif

--------------------

Gym (click to show)
Badges (click to show)
PANE Roleplaying (click to show)

+Quote Post

Falkyn
post Aug 31 2008, 12:07 AM
Post #25

Why eat your fist?
Group Icon

Active Squad

Oh, yeah. Sure, go ahead then.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Sep 6 2008, 09:50 AM
Post #26

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

Another evolution question fiasco!

If you didnt want to trade, could you just use the game-related item and use it like an evolutionary stone? (e.g. Misty's Poliwhirl picked up a Kings Rock and evolved just like that).

If so, when acquiring evolution-inducing items, can we just obtain them willy-nilly? For example, I could catch a Porygon one post, then find and upgrade, then find a dubious disk... and before you know it, I have a PorygonZ.

If not, how would one go about getting such items?

Now, lets say I have a pokemon 1 level off evolving. I'm mid-rp and am fairly certain that the work I have put in so far is enough to grant evolution. Do I still have to wait until the end of the rp for my levels to be distributed, or may I pm a mod and request a "premature" evolution prior to grading.

Fast evolvers like Darryn's caterpie will likely gain enough levels in a single rp to evolve twice rather close together. Is this permitted in a single rp, or do we have to slow this down and have a single evolution in such a line per rp.

Finding wild pokemon, as I understand it, just has to be logical. But is there a limit on what we can find? For example, finding an electabuzz this early in the roleplay would be weird, but once a trainer has higher levels, not so weird? Do we just use common sense in this?

Pokemon Eggs. Can we stumble across nests and find them? Can our own Pokemon breed without being left in daycare?

Finally, traded pokemon. Will they be getting an experience boost doing the rp grading? Linked to this, what about the Lucky Egg item?

All done happy.gif

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Falkyn
post Sep 7 2008, 10:57 AM
Post #27

Why eat your fist?
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Living Arrow @ Sep 6 2008, 10:50 AM) *
Another evolution question fiasco!

If you didnt want to trade, could you just use the game-related item and use it like an evolutionary stone? (e.g. Misty's Poliwhirl picked up a Kings Rock and evolved just like that).

If so, when acquiring evolution-inducing items, can we just obtain them willy-nilly? For example, I could catch a Porygon one post, then find and upgrade, then find a dubious disk... and before you know it, I have a PorygonZ.

If not, how would one go about getting such items?

Now, lets say I have a pokemon 1 level off evolving. I'm mid-rp and am fairly certain that the work I have put in so far is enough to grant evolution. Do I still have to wait until the end of the rp for my levels to be distributed, or may I pm a mod and request a "premature" evolution prior to grading.

Fast evolvers like Darryn's caterpie will likely gain enough levels in a single rp to evolve twice rather close together. Is this permitted in a single rp, or do we have to slow this down and have a single evolution in such a line per rp.

Finding wild pokemon, as I understand it, just has to be logical. But is there a limit on what we can find? For example, finding an electabuzz this early in the roleplay would be weird, but once a trainer has higher levels, not so weird? Do we just use common sense in this?

Pokemon Eggs. Can we stumble across nests and find them? Can our own Pokemon breed without being left in daycare?

Finally, traded pokemon. Will they be getting an experience boost doing the rp grading? Linked to this, what about the Lucky Egg item?

All done happy.gif

Yes, you could just go with the evolutionary item.

I think they'd work best just being given out as a prize. We'll get to that later.

You can always PM a mod for premature evolution. It's up to the mod though, so you may get a "no".

One evolution per RP sounds like a fine way to handle it.

If you want a pokemon, but aren't sure whether or not it's allowable, PM a mod and they'll decide.

Pokemon eggs give me another idea for a prize...

And no, experience boosts sound too unbalancing to allow.

Sorry about the lateness, but I was busy yesterday.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Sep 8 2008, 05:58 AM
Post #28

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

Hate to be a stickler here, but is that one evolution per RP per pokemon, or just one evolution per RP? For example, if I had a lotad and a sentret that both reached 15 in the previous RP, can they both evolve within the next storyline?

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Falkyn
post Sep 8 2008, 07:54 AM
Post #29

Why eat your fist?
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Jaima @ Sep 8 2008, 06:58 AM) *
Hate to be a stickler here, but is that one evolution per RP per pokemon, or just one evolution per RP? For example, if I had a lotad and a sentret that both reached 15 in the previous RP, can they both evolve within the next storyline?

The first one.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Killer Knuckles ...
post Sep 17 2008, 03:03 PM
Post #30

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 488

Active Squad

What exactly is PANE RP?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Falkyn
post Sep 17 2008, 04:10 PM
Post #31

Why eat your fist?
Group Icon

Active Squad

It's a roleplaying world based in the Pokemon universe.

Ask a vague question, get a vague answer. Would you care to be more specific?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Sep 19 2008, 09:48 AM
Post #32

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

More questions!!

I have seen people updating hteir profiles (I refer to them from time to time to see their characters so I may interact properly) and have done the same, but is there anywhere specific we should be keeping track of the pokémon levels and catches?

This is probably an annoyingly silly question, but do we need to confirm each and every catch with an RP mod, or just the ones that would be difficult or out of place?

You've mentioned prizes. I have no doubt that they are handed out by Mod's discretion, so I'm not asking for one, only to know the criteria, if there is any, for getting said prize.

Exp. Share: Possible, improbable, or in the game with a different function (For example, it bould be used like a TM, but instead of using a machine, it connects two pokémon briefly allowing one to teach the other. That's just an example of a different possible use, not a suggestion bucktooth.gif)

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Falkyn
post Sep 19 2008, 12:23 PM
Post #33

Why eat your fist?
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Jaima @ Sep 19 2008, 10:48 AM) *
More questions!!

I have seen people updating hteir profiles (I refer to them from time to time to see their characters so I may interact properly) and have done the same, but is there anywhere specific we should be keeping track of the pokémon levels and catches?

This is probably an annoyingly silly question, but do we need to confirm each and every catch with an RP mod, or just the ones that would be difficult or out of place?

You've mentioned prizes. I have no doubt that they are handed out by Mod's discretion, so I'm not asking for one, only to know the criteria, if there is any, for getting said prize.

Exp. Share: Possible, improbable, or in the game with a different function (For example, it bould be used like a TM, but instead of using a machine, it connects two pokémon briefly allowing one to teach the other. That's just an example of a different possible use, not a suggestion bucktooth.gif)

Level updates, as of right now, are most easily kept track of in the profile of the RPer. Note to self: Bug SaS for PANE Sidebars...

Every single pokemon catch needs to be confirmed by a mod, if for no other reason than it helps us keep track of who's got what, etc. etc.

Prizes will be handed out for certain things. For example, once we reach what I deem a satisfactory level of activity, we'll be instating such things as Roleplayer of the Month, monthly (maybe bi- or trimonthly) contests, and World RPs, RPs where events are so large they could potentially impact the entire region of Furoh. Hopefully, we'll be able to see those soon.

As for Experience Shares, I'll think about it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lemonade
post Nov 23 2008, 03:48 PM
Post #34

The Kid With the Funky Name
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 496

Active Squad

Are we supposed to keep track of pokemons' levels on our profile?

--------------------

Lemonade Johnson, the Yellow and Green Freak

My Lucario

Inspired by Dark's Gliscor
+Quote Post

DJSanders
post Nov 23 2008, 04:08 PM
Post #35

PANE
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 096

PANE

Two questions.

1. If a pokemon faints in a battle will it still gain experince or just dosen't get any (like in the game)
2. If you ask for premature evolution and a mod says yes can we do it after a pokemon faints in a battle so as to "revive them" in the battle?

This post has been edited by The Sexy DJSanders: Nov 23 2008, 04:09 PM

--------------------
Btw! I am Saved of Grace aka The Sexy DJSanders aka Ying Yang.. You all know me I'm not new

Click!

+Quote Post

The Rose Crusade...
post Nov 23 2008, 04:23 PM
Post #36

Former GTS +PL Grass Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 193

Melinda Rose

I think this is pretty common knowledge so I think that i could answer these questions.

Lemonade: That's what I do. I update my character's profile with the underscore of the title being the last date of update. If we didn't how else would we keep track of levels? Oh, and grats on name change. wink.gif

DJ: This is pretty simple I just feel like writing something right now which is why the response is soo long. wink.gif

1. The only way pokemon gain experience in PANE is after a mod grades your RP and gives you the amount of points. To answer your question, let me give you an example. In Gigarte Park, once it has been graded, I will be assigning half of my points to Taillow and half of my points to Feebas. But wait, Feebas didn't battle, did it? Regardless, I am allowed to give Feebas experience points. So no, not like the like the game at all. Another example, this one in real life. If you did 100 push ups and then fainted, would your 100 push ups still count? Of course they would! You would have more muscle mass in the areas worked-- it wouldn't just go away. For future reference, when comparing PANE to something pick the anime over the game--it just makes more sense, ya know?

2. I know this is contradicting to my previous answer, but this is like the game. Well, PANE is more like the anime actually, so we'll call it that. You cannot revive something once it has fainted in a battle. Period. Then there would be no point in battling and the whole time people could just be flinging revives around. Of course, your situation is not like that, but i hope you understand what i am trying to say. Your pokemon should evolve, if prematurely at a high point in the battle. Ex. My Combee did just that 2 posts ago in Gigarte Park. It evolved at its strongest point. In the anime did you ever see a pokemon faint and suddenly evolve? Not to my knowledge. But yeah, no evolving after a pokemon has fainted.

--------------------

Gym (click to show)
Badges (click to show)
PANE Roleplaying (click to show)

+Quote Post

DJSanders
post Nov 23 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #37

PANE
Group Icon

PANE

I didn't mean after it fainted i ment at a point close to fainting.Like the pokemon can hardly get up then it evolves fully charged?

(i come a lot more than 100 push-ups before fainting)

--------------------
Btw! I am Saved of Grace aka The Sexy DJSanders aka Ying Yang.. You all know me I'm not new

Click!

+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Nov 23 2008, 05:18 PM
Post #38

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 282

Active Squad

RC is right. If my Phanpy suddenly evolves, barely hanging onto consciousness, the Donphan it becomes is still gonna be really tired.

If a caterpillar metamorphasizes while it's hungry, the butterfly it becomes is still gonna be hungry.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

DJSanders
post Nov 24 2008, 06:52 AM
Post #39

PANE
Group Icon

PANE

Ok i was wordering couse like in the show a pokemon will evlove then it will suddleny become an ass kicking machine.

--------------------

Click!

+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Nov 24 2008, 04:10 PM
Post #40

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 282

Active Squad

We can't always stick to the anime, else we have Electric types beating Ground types, finishing things off with False Swipe, AND aiming for the horn.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

30 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 01:21 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.