Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Castle Vonmoto: Team Kellor, Darryn's Group: Post Here!
Living Arrow
post Dec 25 2009, 12:13 PM
Post #1

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

This thread is for those who wield the Pidgeotto card only.

Team Kellor - Mascot Card: Pidgeotto - Scavenger Pokemon: Torchic, Tyrouge, Haunter
Darryn Kellor - Living Arrow - Kanto/Furoh - 17
Tyson - Protoman - Johto - 16
Crystal Halo - Trace Warel - Sinnoh/Furoh- 13
Reilly Coons (NPC) - Sinnoh - ~13/14
Vincent Waters - Pumpkin King - Hoenn - 16
Joey J Sweet - LittleShadowPokemon - Orre - 17
Mack Ramsay?

Darryn felt kinda awkward leading the way into the South Corridor - he was used to following behind Jaima - but no-one seemed to mind. Not even Reilly who, oddly, had been the first to follow him in. The floor was carpeted in a rich royal blue fabric not dissimilar from the red in the waiting room and the walls were the same off-white colour with the same wooden doors that they had seen when they had entered. Each door on either side of the hall was marked with a number - an easy way to keep track of which room belonged to who once they had picked them.

"So we pick a room each, first?" Darryn suggested to the group, turning to the third door on the left. A golden number 5 hung in the middle of the door over the golden scrolled handle. He looked back down the hall to find the others picking their own rooms and letting themselves in.

Darryn slung his bag down on the bed while Lady pranced onto the table where she sat patiently, watching as Darryn made himself familiar with the facilities. His room was decorated predominantly in gold and blue with all the furniture made of the same dark red wood as the doors. Everything was immaculately presented, even down to the picture frames that decorated the far wall. Six images of a trainer and their Pokemon were there, each with a different year inscribed underneath. The oldest went back a good fifty years while the most recent was nearly twelve years previous.

"Not been updated for a while, huh?" Darryn said to himself, checking the state of the bathroom quickly... "Hey! What?!" He ran into the white-tiled room to find a door through on the other side. Whoever was in room 7 would be sharing the bathroom with him... He sighed. He had always had to share a bathroom and just when he thought he was getting a break...

Deciding that he really didn't need to unpack anything vital, Darryn left his bag on the bed and only removed his Pokeball belt which he strapped on with a little frown. He didn't really like wearing the clipped belt - he didn't have a matching outfit - and so normally would just pull his Pokeballs straight from his pack.

"Premier, Quick, Heal, Repeat, Luxury, Dive." Darryn counted off the Pokeballs as he clipped them home into their slots at his waist. "All set and ready to go!"

Back in the hallway, Darryn waited patiently for the others, Lady sitting calmly by his feet.

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

LittleShadowPoke...
post Dec 28 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2 490

Sweet Team

Joey followed in the middle of the group converging into the South corridor, trying to make himself small and unnoticeable. It was even immaculate in a hallway. The walls were without flaw, and the carpet still had some spring. He remembered the dented clay and mismatched rotting wood of the walls at home. The carpet at home was thinner than paper, like stepping on the cement foundation itself. The financially-challenged trainer could certainly get used to this.

"So we pick a room each, first?" he heard Darryn say. The boy with the well-groomed Vulpix made him want to hide his pokemon in their pokeballs, but he perished those thoughts almost as soon as he'd thought them. Sure, Claw was a scrawny and tattered Pidgey. But he was his scrawny and tattered Pidgey. It's not like he himself was much better, and they shared a common origin, where they were probably the cleanest of the town. Pyrite Town isn't for the faint of heart, yet they had survived and come this far, at least.

Joey looked up to notice a set of doors on each side of the hallway, with golden numbers embossed in the fine wooden doors. Odd numbers on the left, even numbers on the right. Not too hard to remember. He saw Darryn turn into Room 5, and kept walking a door past that. He ducked into Room 7 quickly, wanting some time to calm down while he steadied himself. However, he caught Vincent walking past his door, and swiftly pulled him in. A friend wouldn't be so bad and this was an opportune time, and while he had seemed to scare Vincent, he shrugged it off with "Good thing I saw you. You almost missed our room." Joey figured if Vincent didn't want to stay in the same room with him, he could very well leave, but he knew the boy's indecisiveness by now that he knew it would be easier on him if he made assumed decisions for him.

The room itself was amazing. Joey couldn't believe that people could actually live here. The walls were a baby blue color with purple Shellder bordering the walls. The dressers were a darker, sea blue with wave-like moldings as the handles. Exploring tentatively, Joey opened and closed several drawers before taking a bottom drawer for himself for his extra set of clothes and emerald green pajama set with matching slippers. Due to his short stature, he was used to taking the lower shelf or drawer for personal possessions. One of the dressers contained a large mirror, which he knew that Vincent would be ecstatic about. He bet that one of the drawers would even contain complimentary beauty care products, not that Vincent didn't have his own, probably.

Joey finished putting away his non-essential things and kept his backpack with him, and his pokeballs in his scrub-top pockets. When Kimiko was done playing on the bed decorated with a Dewgong-carved head board and Clamperl pillow covers, he picked her up and left the room with Claw still perched on his shoulder. Vincent probably needed some privacy anyways, if he decided to stay.

Out in the hallway, Joey saw that somebody else was already done and waiting. Darryn from Celadon....Joey didn't recognize much more of the town rather than a glimpse of the word on a map once from the Daycare Atlas. The Vulpix from before was calmly waiting at his feet. Claw fluttered down unexpectedly and hopped closer, for a better look.

Claw's not one to try and make friends, but then again, he's curious, and there weren't any Vulpix in Orre, as far as I know. Joey thought. He tensed, and waited to see how this would turn out. As he saw from the Vulpix already, she's fiery, and a bit...snappish. Kimiko wanted a closer look too, after seeing what Claw was up to. She inflated herself to wiggle out of Joey's grasp and floated down, slightly behind Claw and cooed at the Vulpix. All Joey could do was avert his attention in embarrassment.

--------------------
Me (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Protoman
post Dec 28 2009, 03:32 PM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 39 890

Uprising Pokemon

In a desperate dash to the first room he saw, Tyson quickly got to the room with the golden "3" stamped onto it. He opened the door, slinging his bag down, finally making it to the bathroom. Slamming the door behind him, all that was heard afterwards was the sound of relief.

"Ahhhh..." Tyson said in a relieved tone, "I've been holding that since we took off!" After three minutes(two of which consisted of him washing his hands and looking around the new environment), Tyson came out of the bathroom. He then threw off his black and gold attire, wearing his dad's old Pokemon Ranger outfit. He took the baseball cap off, letting his hair hang down. After staring at the mirror for a brief moment in time, Tyson finally got his Poke Balls up, preparing to leave the room. Before leaving, he observed it closely. He noticed the room being a sky blue, being contrasted by the dark burgundy dressers next to his white bed. The sheets on the bed were a stunning sky blue with cloud patterns on it. This reminded Tyson of a Swablu, causing him to chuckle to himself. After finally exiting the room after the observation, he saw that both Darryn and a new person were waiting outside of their domains. Before Tyson could ask any questions, he rushed back into the room, forgetting his bag inside. He retrieved it, sighing in relief. Finally, Tyson locked the door behind him, looking at his teammates.

So, He began to think about the situation at hand, I've got to catch the Pokemon without catching them... "Brilliant." Tyson blurted out loud.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Dec 28 2009, 07:40 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 56 338

Felisha's Team!

Crystal went into a room with a golden "1" on the door. it was astonishing inside. Teal blue with dark red. I like this room. It's really nice. Plus, it's got 2 of my 3 favorite colors. The bed was green, with a yellow line down the middle. In the middle of the line, it split into 2 lines, came around in a circle, and joined back together. Remids me of the stories my mom told me of the Super-Ancient Pokemon, Rayquaza. It was almost as if the room was made for her. "If this room were any better, it have to have Rayquaza waiting obediantly for me. Ha!" Crystal laughed at her joke. The carpet was blue, with a red, curved streak through it. "Kyogre," she murmured. In the bathroom, red and brown, red being the domanent color. "And Groundon," she sighed out, "This room reminds me of life in Hoenn." She sighed again. She set down the stuff she didn't need, grabbed Qua's, Lat's, and Zigzag's Pokeballs and let them out. "Hey guys, you want to meet the team?"

"I'm in. What about you guys?" Qua asked Zigzag and Lat, "I say we go."

"Sure, whatever," Zigzag said, bored.

"Why do you always have to be such a party pooper, Zigzg?" Lat said negatively, "And yes, I'm in."

"I don' know," Zigzag said. He was just trying to make her trust him.

"Ok then, it's settled! Come on guys!" Crystal said enthusiastically after they replied, leading them out.

This post has been edited by Trace Warel: Dec 28 2009, 07:45 PM

--------------------
Awesome And Funny Quotes (click to show)

Rank 28 overall poster
Aug. 19 2009 rank 4 poster
Oct. 22 2009+dec. 23 2009+June 25 2010 rank 16 poster
March 22 2010 rank 13 poster
March 31 2010 rank 8 poster
June 26 2010 rank 7 poster
December 28 2013 rank 2 poster
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Dec 28 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #5

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

Reilly walked calmly down the hallway following the pretty boy. He knew, of course, that the boy's name was Darryn, but it wasn't like he was ever going to call him by that name, so why bother remembering it? He felt the same way about the others in the boy's group. JenJen called them Team Rogue. He supposed that fit. Sounded a bit too cool for them, though.

Pretty Boy suggested that they each take their rooms. Personally, Reilly thought a nap sounded really good right about now, but then, he hadn't slept the night before, so perhaps he was a tad biased.

The others seemed to gravitate toward the right side of the hall, so Reilly went left and snagged the room with the golden 4 hanging on the front. He stepped through the archway and shut his door, immediately dropping the demeanor of professionalism that he had been portraying (except for those moments when he got a tad snarky with Pretty Boy - the boy deserved it), and tossed his backpack onto the bed, followed by his pokeballs, which exploded open.

"Hey, girl!" Reilly said enthusiastically, as his electrike, Buttercup, came bounding over to coat his face with saliva, as she licked his cheeks exuberantly. "I missed you, too," he assured her. He glanced up at the others, making sure everyone was all right. They all seemed content so, scratching Buttercup under the chin once more, Reilly rose to his feet.

"Okay, so we're off on a scavenger hunt." He rolled his eyes. "Like a bunch of five year olds. I am so not going to enjoy this." He missed Indiana's eyeroll at his attempts to sound mature. "Treebeard, Boromir, I want the two of you to stay here. Keep an eye on the room and my stuff."

Boromir gave a sharp nod in understanding, but Treebeard looked crestfallen at being left behind. "Hey," Reilly said, patting the bonsly on the head. "I need someone well rested and ready for when we face against ShortStack again. You know who I mean - the little girl who thought you were a grass pokemon." He winked at the bonsly, and Treebeard giggled and danced. "We'll nail her this time for sure, but I need you rested up." He nodded at the buizel. "You too, Boromir. If the girl's got as many fire pokemon with her as she did before, you can bet this will be easy as pie with the two of you battling."

The buizel nodded sharply, the bonsly mimicking him. Reilly recalled Buttercup and his doduo, Lestat, into their pokeballs. Indiana the monferno leapt up, wrapping his arms around Reilly's neck, as the boy left the room and stepped back out into the hall. He saw Pretty Boy standing there, waiting for everyone else to get done, his fancy-pants little fox sitting at his feet.

Reilly put on a good sneer as he neared the boy. "So why'd you bother coming here, Pretty Boy? This scavenger hunt might be rough. You wouldn't want to mess up your hair."

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Dec 28 2009, 10:13 PM
Post #6

Nevermore!
Group Icon

Member No.: 807

BLARG

Vincent, having just returned from unconsciousness, felt entirely disoriented. The card he chose could have been an Arceus for all he knew, but he followed the only person he knew among the myriad trainers in the common room. It was rather fortunate that both Joey and Vincent happened to grab Pidgeotto card. Otherwise, a group would be one member short.

Keeping his hand on the wall for support, Vincent slowly walked behind the five other trainers in his group. The boy in front caught his eye. The boy's hairstyle was executed perfectly and, like Vincent's, not a single hair was out of place. There were several differences between this boy and Vincent, though. For one, the boy had a better sense of color coordination while Vincent's outfits varied from day to day only by shades of black. Another, more prominent difference was the sense of confidence the boy radiated. Though Vincent tended to his appearance with the utmost care, he was never confident with himself.

Vincent didn't know how he felt about the boy, or the other strangers in the group for that matter. He only had appearance to judge from but he personally knew never to judge a book by its cover. Vincent spent almost all of his free time in the beautiful worlds created by the text of a book.

"So we pick a room each, first?" the boy in front suggested. Soon after, everyone disappeared through doorways left and right. Alone in the hallway, Vincent looked down to his Pokemon who were following closely at his heels. Wally the Spheal was rolling like a ball while Squirt the Squirtle walked on all fours, inspecting the minute details of the subtle intricate design on the blue carpet.

"You guys want to pick the room?" he asked. Vincent suddenly regretted asking his Pokemon to choose. The two started bickering right away. Resolving the issue, Vincent returned them to their Dive Balls and continued walking. However, there was still the issue of which room he was going to occupy for the next few days. Suddenly, an outstretched arm caught Vincent by the shoulder and pulled him into Room 7. He was frightened for a moment but relieved when he discovered the owner of the arm was Joey.

"Good thing I saw you. You almost missed our room," said Joey, making the decision for Vincent.

Vincent set his bag down on his bed and put everything in its respective location. His OCD wouldn't allow any other way. Engrossed with organizing his belongings in the drawers, Vincent didn't take any time to appreciate the opulent decorations of the bedroom. It did come to his attention that he and Joey would be sharing a bathroom with the occupant of Room 5, which did not please him at all. He had adapted to sharing a bathroom with Joey, but to add another person was impossible. Vincent liked to take his time in the morning and the evening making his face acceptable for his OCD. He didn't know how to trim down that time without skipping an important aspect to his ritual.

Joey and his Pokemon left the room, leaving Vincent alone. Vincent reached for the PokeBalls on his belt and let Wally and Squirt get a feel for the room. "I really think you guys should stay here while I go on this excursion. I don't think you two are experienced enough for something like this." Then a terrible thought occurred to Vincent. That rambunctious Squirtle tended to destroy anything and everything within his reach. "Actually, you could use this opportunity to learn from more experienced Pokemon," he quickly amended. Vincent picked up his unusually small Spheal, the runt of the litter, and opened the door for Squirt. The Squirtle dashed into the hallway and Vincent followed, finding Joey and his other teammates.

Vincent swallowed the lump in his throat and prayed no one would acknowledge his presence.

This post has been edited by Pumpkin King: Dec 28 2009, 10:17 PM

--------------------

Think I'm cool? Follow me on tumblr.
Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Dec 29 2009, 06:10 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

"Aww, cute Pidgey." Darryn commented as Joey rejoined them. The scraggy little bird puffed out his breast with pride at Darryn's comment which the Co-ordinator scratched softly. His knuckles rasped through the dry, cracked feathers and memories came flooding back. "When I started out, I had a Pidgey just like this one. Well, mine was completely overweight and could hardly fly four feet, but he had some other issues, too. Maybe I could give you my feather-treatment formula when we finish the scavenger hunt?"

Joey grinned and the Pidgey cooed happily. Lady watched them warily but made not a single move. Darryn fussed with the Igglybuff a little - he had an odd fondness of Baby Pokemon - and watched as the rest of the make-shift team assembled.

"Brilliant." Tyson stated when he came out of his room.

"Yeah, that Lonnie guy was right - it is brilliant to make new friends, huh?" Darryn said in response. From the look on the other guy's face, Lonnie's intentions weren't the 'brilliant' thing to which he had been referring.

They were quickly joined by that Crystal Chick and then Reilly. Darryn was already sharpening his claws before the kid spoke.

"So why'd you bother coming here, Pretty Boy? This scavenger hunt might be rough. You wouldn't want to mess up your hair." The younger kid provoked him.

"It'll only get messed up if this hunt is as rough as your mother looks." Darryn smiled sweetly, Lady giving him a mental high-five. "Less of the drama please, Reilly?" He suggested in front of everyone to try and make the kid look and feel stupid.

*Aww! That Spheal is SO cute!* Darryn's eyes widened as the little ball of joy rolled into the hall. *I want one... But Victor is way better than that Squirtle - score one for me!*

"Right, so we're all set?" Darryn asked the group, getting nods of confirmation in return. "Cool... Then let's get started, shall we?"

OOC (click to show)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Dec 29 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Felisha's Team!

OOC (click to show)

"Come on!" Crystal said, heading down the hall. She stopped at a door. "I'll wait for you guys in here!" She said loudly down the hall. She went in.

Inside it was huge. There was a Ferris Wheel, arcade machines, games, everything. "This must be the Carnival Room," Crystal muttered.

"Huh...? Hey! It's the Torchic with the blue tag!" Crystal said, surprised. The Tochic turned around when it heard Crystal.

"Tor...?" It inquired. "Chic!" It ran up to Qua, happy to see another Torchic. "Hi, I'm Torchic!" The Torchic said to Qua.

"Hey. I'm Qua," Qua said normally.

"Hey Qua, come here," Crystal whispered to Qua, seeing that the 2 Torchics were making contact. She scooped up Qua. "I've got an idea. You can try and convince the Torchic there to give us the tag. How 'bout it?"

OOC2 (click to show)

--------------------

Rank 28 overall poster
+Quote Post

LittleShadowPoke...
post Dec 29 2009, 03:02 PM
Post #9

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Sweet Team

"Aww, cute Pidgey." Darryn said. Joey breathed a sigh of relief. So, he was a nice handsome boy. So far at least. When Darryn offered his feather-treatment formula, that made Joey grin for once. Maybe he could make Claw looking into a proper bird. But if Darryn had a Pidgey when he started, what did he have now? He's obviously been adventuring for awhile, Joey was still new, due to circumstances. Claw cooed happily at the attention, and hopped back to Joey while Darryn fussed with Kimiko. Joey enjoyed the happiness while petting Claw, and then Vincent and the rest of the team assembled.

"....Then let's get started, shall we?" The group started moving forward down the corridor, seeing where they'll end up next. The hall continued down a little ways, then the girl, Crystal, sprinted ahead and ducked into a room.
"Come on! I'll wait for you guys in here." Joey jogged, catching up, and his Pidgey fluttered in behind him, pleasantly surprised at the large size of the room. There's a Ferris Wheel in here. It's the Carnival Room, Joey sighed inwardly. I so hope there's not a Mechanical Tauros in sight.

A lot of flashing lights advertised different mini-games, but Joey was all Carnival'd-out, still having lucid flashbacks of the Barley boardwalk. First, he would relax over by that kiddie pool and let Kimiko splash around while Claw enjoyed some flying and exploring. Joey could see he had his eyes on that Ferris Wheel. While Joey made himself comfortable, and Kimiko got busy playing in the partially filled kiddie pool. There were some bath/swim toys in the water as well, and Joey didn't really have to worry about her drowning, since big brother Jet had taught her how to stay afloat by inflating herself.

Not too far away, he saw Crystal and her Torchic interacting with another Torchic. Except that Torchic had a blue tag. Joey reclined into a supine position and played with his silver dog tag around his neck, watching this incident unfold, while keeping an eye on his Igglybuff in the pool.

--------------------
Me (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Protoman
post Dec 29 2009, 07:06 PM
Post #10

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 39 890

Uprising Pokemon

Tyson sighed deeply before seeing the Torchic along with Crystal. He wanted to capture it, probably to try and train it, but then remembered Lonnie's words.

"Great," he sighed before putting away the empty Poke Ball. "Not only can't I use my Poke Balls, but the tag is the only thing important here...just great..." Tyson cracked his neck a little before stepping into the Carnival room. He whistled lowly before examining his surroundings more thoroughly. He noticed the room was a lovely shade of lavender, giving it a rather soothing feeling to it. The lights from the arcade games flashed vigorously, desiring for someone to play them so badly. Tyson almost went over there, had he not been constantly distracted by the Torchic. He saw a young man with a Pidgey near the pool. Trying to make new friends while he was here, Tyson walked towards him, finally reaching him.

"Pretty nice place, huh?" Tyson asked the young man, seeing an Igglybuff floating in the water. Tyson almost laughed at the Igglybuff, seeing as how it looked like a small balloon drifting at sea. He redirected his attention to the trainer. "My name's Tyson," he said with a smile, "you?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

LittleShadowPoke...
post Dec 31 2009, 01:20 AM
Post #11

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Sweet Team

Claw fluttered back to Joey, who was leaning in a recumbent position upon the plastic kiddie pool. It only reached halfway up his torso, and he could easily lean in and play with the Igglybuff. The Pidgey stretched his wings and began preening.

The tall boy from before, who had the Cyndaquil, caught Joey's eye and walked over.

"Pretty nice place, huh?" he asked Joey, before looking at Kimiko and laughing at her amusing appearance. Joey nodded, and the boy went on. "My name's Tyson," he said with a smile, "you?"

Joey managed a slight grin and said, "Joey, from the Orre region." Then Claw hopped up and flapped once to get into the kiddie pool and start splashing around with Kimiko. Finally, the spirit was getting into him. Joey couldn't ever really remember Claw interacting with the small pink baby Pokemon that much, so this was a personal relief. Plus, Claw needed some fun in his life.

Joey turned back to Tyson, who was now sitting cross-legged next to Joey, making the height a little more even, and asked him, "So, I know you have a Cyndaquil, but what else do you have? I myself have this Igglybuff and Pidgey, and a Seel whom you will probably see later. I didn't catch any of them, or any Pokemon, and I've never battled, although I've read about it. To me, you look like the battling type, am I right?"

After all, it would be a shame to let a strong-looking Cyndaquil go to waste. However, Joey himself felt that his Pokemon weren't quite the battling type themselves. Jet's too hyper, Claw's too reluctant, and Kimiko is just plain too young. Besides, he never had anything to aspire to before now aside from keeping himself and his Pokemon alive.

Joey dipped his hand back into the water and playfully splashed his Pokemon, making Kimiko laugh and making Claw splash back using his wings while exclaiming. It was okay if he got a little wet. The material of his clothes dried fast, since they were scrubs.

--------------------
Me (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Dec 31 2009, 10:17 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

OOC (click to show)

The carnival room, for what it was, was surprisingly quiet. There was still music, of course, and the sound of the rides churning, but the screaming and sounds of people that usually permeated a carnival was oddly absent. It was to be expected, considering where they were, but still surprising.

Reilly glanced through the room, but otherwise stayed to the side. Pretty Boy was moving through the room and had wandered out of Reilly's sight, not that he cared. He saw the torchic with the blue tag talking to one of pokemon a member of his group had with her.

Indiana chattered at him expectantly, but Reilly shook his head. "They've got this under control," he assured his monferno, clinging to his arm. "I'm not going to interfere in any plan that they have already made up." Indiana made a sound suspiciously like a snort, and Reilly had to agree with the monkey pokemon. Was he not confident in his abilities to get the tag from the torchic, or was he just a coward when it came to interacting with other people?

If the shortstack could see you now, he sang to himself.

He glanced over where a couple boys were talking at a small pool, but refrained from going over, since it would require him to return Indiana to his pokeball.

He'd just stand here, in case he was needed.

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Dec 31 2009, 03:53 PM
Post #13

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

Vincent stepped into the Carnival Room and was in awe. It wasn't so much the carnival itself as it was the fact that it was empty. He never really could enjoy a carnival because of the massive amounts of people they usually attracted. Vincent didn't handle crowds very well.

He began gravitating towards Joey by a small inflatable pool, but came to a halt when the kid with a Cyndaquil began talking to him. The last thing Vincent wanted to do was mingle. Meanwhile, a Spheal was rolling towards a stand where it seemed that cotton candy was being sold, but there was no vendor. "Wally!" Vincent cried after his Spheal. "The last thing you need right now is-"

Naturally, there was a loud crash at another stand. Squirt had managed to get his beak into something he wasn't supposed to. By the time Vincent rushed toward the source of the crash, the Squirtle had discovered the effects of helium on one's voice.

Vincent's right palm met his forehead. "Squirt! Don't mess around with that!" When the tiny turtle giggled mischievously in an awfully high pitch tone, Vincent couldn't help but chuckle at Squirt's new voice. With a sigh, Vincent said, "You can have as much fun as you want, but keep an eye on Wally and DON'T BREAK ANYTHING."

Noticing that he was unneeded for the task, Vincent left the group and meandered through the carnival. He enjoyed the sights without having to worry about people judging him or getting lost in a crowd or any other population-related issues. He passed many rides he probably would have enjoyed, but decided against them in favor of his stomach. Having passed out so recently, he didn't want upset his body in any more ways.

Vincent froze in his tracks as he approached an empty stage. The stage had always haunted him. Having a bad experience when one is young can leave terrible impressions on the grown individual. However, Vincent had always had a curiosity for the stage, a curiosity he thought he could never satisfy. A close friend of his, Victor Bays, would often tell him of the wonders of performing, but Vincent could never relate. A little voice in Vincent's head was saying, "Take a chance."

The lights were coordinated excellently in time with the music as the first notes started of "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey. There was a karaoke screen displaying the upcoming lyrics, but Vincent already knew the song by heart. What he didn't know was that the speakers that the microphone was plugged into propelled the sound far enough for his teammates to hear.

((I know it's not the original, but I'm too much of a "Gleek" to resist!))

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Dec 31 2009, 06:01 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Felisha's Team!

OOC (click to show)

Should I? Ya, I should. Qua nodded, confirming that he would do it. You had better be sure about this, Qua's little voice inside thing said.

"Great!" Crystal exclaimed. I hope this works, she thought to herself. She set Qua down. "Now do this!" Crystal said hopefully.

"Hey, um... Torchic? That Tag you got? We need it. Could we please have it?" Qua asked Torchic, worried and hesitating. Please work, Qua prayed.

"Hm... Ok, but on 1 condition," Torchic said with a smirk.

"What?" Qua said, groaning a little. He had never really been one to take the conditions.

"We go around at least one time on the Ferris Wheel, together," Torchic said, smiling.

"I don't know... I'll need to ask Crystal," Qua said, a little more worried. Qua turned around.

"Well?" Crystal asked, very excited. Qua turned and faced the Ferris Wheel. He pointed at the Ferris Wheel with his beak. He then faced Crystal again, stood on one foot, and started acting like a Hoothoot. He had always been good at imitating Hoothoots. He then roared with his tiny, chick-like body in a acward position, the way Crystal had always said reminded her of Dialga. "So it wants to go around on the Ferris Wheel with you one time, then it'll give you the tag? That'll work just fine. Go ahead," Crystal said, slightly surprised.

"Come on," Qua urged Torchic. They got on a seat, with a little help from Crystal. She then went ove to the controls and started it up.

***1 Rotation Later***

"Thank you, Qua. Here you go," Torchic said happily. It exchanged the Blue Tag to Qua.

"Thanks!" Qua turned around to face Crystal.

"You got it, Qua! Hey guys! I got the Tag!" Crystal exclaimed excitedly to her team. She got down close to Qua, took the Tag, and said, "Thank you, Qua. You're the best." She smiled.

--------------------

Rank 28 overall poster
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jan 3 2010, 02:58 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Darryn walked slowly into the room that Crystal had indicated and immediately stuck his tongue in his cheek.

"Who in their right mind would have an indoor carnival?" He muttered, looking around the enormous space for any sign of other people - staff to man the equipment and tourists. There were none. "Waste of money, if you ask me."

<Indeed, Prince Darryn.> Lady assured him, trotting ahead and sniffing at the ground. She raised her scarlet head and looked back towards the center of the room where most of the others were clustered. Crystal and her Torchic were communicating with what appeared to be their first target - another Torchic with a blue tag stuck to its chest.

"Looks like they've got that sorted." Darryn shrugged. "This scavenger hunt thing won't be as difficult as I thought."

<The blue tag was described as the easiest to obtain.> Lady reminded Darryn, springing up to the rail around a teacups ride. <The remaining two won't be as simple to take.>

"Yeah, I remember." Darryn assured his Pokemon. "And that's why you're out here - just by judging the way the other Pokemon move, I doubt any of them have a great deal of battle experience. I'd say the brat is the best out of the lot of them but he couldn't dent us... We'll hold back until we need to." He smiled fondly at his prize Pokemon. "You'll get you're chance to show off - don't worry."

Lady raised her nose proudly, making Darryn laugh to himself. His laughter was cut short as the floating melody of one of his favourite songs caught his ears. Nodding to Lady, they jogged toward the speakers to find a stage at the absolute center of the carnival room. The dude dressed in black - Vincent - was there, singing quietly into a microphone. With a grin, Darryn charged for the stage.

The second verse was just kicking in...

"A singer in a smokey room," Vincent sang with mild confidence - almost as though he was ashamed to be on the stage in the first place. Darryn had the microphone out of his hand before he even knew himself what he was doing.

"A smell of wine and cheap perfume!" Darryn finished the line, holding the microphone between them for the unison. Singing filled Darryn with so much Glee that he just couldn't pass up the opportunity to practice for his upcoming Contest in the same way he had for the last. True, the song was different, but a performance was a performance!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Jan 3 2010, 04:19 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Felisha's Team!

I still can't believe I'm the only girl on the team... Crystal thought, shaking her head. "So te-" She was cut off by Vincent and Darryn. "A smell of wine and cheap perfume!" they sang. Ugh... I'm getting annoyed, which is not good fo them, Crystal thought irratated, getting a twitch nex to her nose under her left eye. She went up to the stage. "Hey Darryn! Where do you think we should go next? We got the blue tag, so should we return it to Lonnie, or get the other two, then bring 'em back?" She hollared up to Darryn.

--------------------

Rank 28 overall poster
+Quote Post

LittleShadowPoke...
post Jan 3 2010, 04:50 PM
Post #17

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Sweet Team

Joey listened to Tyson's response and nodded. He was interrupted by some commotion. He couldn't quite hear it, but Kimiko sure did. She inflated her wet, rubbery body and floated above the inflatable pool rim and landed on the concrete and started waddling "baby" high speed into the depth of the carnival. Claw gave Joey a questioning look, and his trainer nodded. "Let's go," he said, waiting for the Pidgey to splash-flap out of the water and follow Kimiko. He gave a similar nod to follow to the rest of the group, but it was up to them to follow. Joey apologized to Tyson to cutting their conversation short, but he couldn't miss this.

After jogging behind Kimiko who'd had a head start, Joey's black leather boots were making a clack-thud on the ground. He slowed when he saw Vincent's Pokemon on neighboring vendor carts. Wally was busy nibbling on the Spheal-blue Cotton Candy, while Squirt was preoccupied with sucking all the helium out of a balloon tank then giggling it out rapidly. Joey shuddered. Well, he supposed it was okay because Wally wasn't chomping it, and spent more time giggling with Squirt than eating, and the tiny turtle Pokemon wasn't holding the helium in, which could have been dangerous.

When Joey looked up for Kimiko, he realized his suddent pause had lost her in the fair. They were closer, so Joey could almost hear the music. Claw came fluttering back from inside the twists and turns of the carnival and looked at Joey quizzically while flapping to stay aloft. The trainer held out his left forearm and knowingly the Pidgey grabbed on gently with his young, dull talons and plucked at the sleeve to show Joey where to go. The Pidgey then turned and flew off, this time slower and more steady and Joey followed in close pursuit. When he got there, he had no idea what to think of what he saw.

Claw settled onto Joey's shoulder and made little fussy noises. "Bwuck...bwuck...bwuck..." he chattered until settling himself to watch the performance. Usually, Claw detested such ruckus, but there was something different here. There was an awareness in his eyes, a jealousy? Joey looked pointedly at the Pidgey, who looked down and busied himself with preening. What's gotten into him?

Kimiko herself was watching enjoyably, until she inflated herself onto the stage. It was a struggle, as it was higher than she ever had to float before, but she's had lots of practice, which Joey didn't always approve. He actually thought about stopping her, as if her intrusion was rude, but he decided to let it go. His own interruption would cause more of a problem, and it's rude to interrupt a performance, is it not? She got on stage and started waddling around, and swinging herself on one small foot and kept dancing in this manner. Not exactly poetry in motion, but it was nice to see her have some fun.

The intrigued trainer himself went over to a booth and leaned up against a post, swirling his silver, gleaming dog tag with his right hand and comforting Claw with his left. "Some people get all the luck, being on stage. But it takes a certain type of people. It's not for us, Claw. We're different. You know." Joey told him. He stopped to clean his dog tag, making sure it was immaculate at all times, even with the often twiddling. Thinking about what he said, he rationalized. They were from Pyrite Town after all. Jet and Kimiko could get away with things like this, but he and Claw were a different breed. They were raised right along with Criminals for Arceus sake. While it was just a daily motion at the time, how many people here would be appalled? Joey himself didn't know how to think of it.

Turning his attention back to the brilliantly lit and decorated stage, Joey watched Vincent. He thought he could recognize the song, from somewhere. Surely, the overly-nervous boy couldn't be taking this very well? Firstly, being caught singing, secondly, having someone that close to him physically and singing also. If so, it was a new stride for the boy. Then again, Joey has heard rumors that magical things happen while singing and being on stage. But what did he know? So he sat back and watched the remaining performance, curious as to how well it could turn out.

Before he could enjoy it, that one girl, Crystal, came up, and she didn't look happy. Oh ****. She was yelling up to the stage, "Hey Darryn! Where do you think we should go next? We got the blue tag, so should we return it to Lonnie, or get the other two, then bring 'em back?" Joey jumped into action swiftly, startling Claw who meritoriously managed to keep his balance, and bounded over to Crystal in a few steps and clasped his hand over her mouth to muffle the second half of her sentence. He looked up at the stage, and with the music blasting, they appeared unmoved by the girl's sudden shouting. Giving Crystal a look, he led her over to where he had just been standing, which he figured would be a better place to communicate and easier to hear.

He started talking to her before she could interject him, "Look, I don't know about you, but even I was taught manners, and I would like to see how this performance plays out." She wouldn't even last a day in Pyrite with mannerisms like this, Joey thought to himself. Maybe he had been too harsh. He awkwardly finished with..."But...you're welcome to stand..next to me...and watch." Claw pecked him behind his left ear. "Quietly," he added, rubbing the pecked spot, and giving Claw the evil eye, but he knew it was just a gentle peck.

This post has been edited by LittleShadowPokemon: Jan 3 2010, 05:05 PM

--------------------
Me (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Wildivlax
post Jan 3 2010, 06:43 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Felisha's Team!

"Hey, if this is how it's supposed to be at a Carnival, ok then. I'venever actually been to one, so I should enjoy it. Thanks for getting me back into my normal mood. Hey? I remember you! If you didn't hear before, I'm Crystal Halo or you can call me Chick. Hey do you want some soda? I had seen a vending machine back there," Crystal recalled. I hope this is a beginning of a new friendship here, she thought happily.

--------------------

Rank 28 overall poster
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Jan 3 2010, 11:59 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Reilly really didn't care about the music playing, but Indiana had hissed and shrieked at him until he had given in with a roll of his eyes and followed everyone else toward the stage at the center of the carnival.

He had to admit, Pretty Boy had a decent voice. Indiana tugged on his hair lightly with a paw, and Reilly rolled his eyes. "Fine," he muttered, glaring at his monferno lightly, "he has a good voice, and he can sing. Big deal."

Indiana screeched lightly at him, punching him lightly in the head.

Reilly was about to retort when his attention was caught by the one girl member of their group. She stalked up to the stage with a twitch in her eye. It was hard for his attention (and the attention of Indiana) not to be drawn to her.

"Hey Darryn!" she hollered up at the stage, ignoring the fact that the two were in the middle of a song. "Where do you think we should go next? We got the blue tag, so should we return it to Lonnie, or get the other two, then bring 'em back?"

Reilly drew his lips back, narrowing his eyes. "Rude much?" he muttered. Indiana screeched agreeably.

He watched another boy pull the girl away with a grateful sigh. He turned his eyes back to the stage.

So maybe he didn't like Pretty Boy. It was still a good song.

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Jan 4 2010, 02:17 AM
Post #20

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

Vincent was thoroughly frightened when Darryn hopped on stage next to him, but some driving force compelled him to persist. The melting pot of emotions going on inside Vincent's head were almost too much to handle. There was a powerful wave of embarrasment flushing into his cheeks and though it may not have been purposeful, Darryn very clearly upstaging him was enough to make tears well up in his eyes.

Darryn was holding the single microphone in between them so they could sing together, but Vincent was slipping into the back so he might escape. This was a bad idea! I knew it from the very beginning! I should've never even considered such a-

In a flash, Vincent had grabbed a second microphone without thinking and jumped back into the next verse. "Workin' hard to get my fill, Everybody wants a thrill." Vincent's voice had suddenly gained a resonant quality as opposed to the hollow tone of before. He was feeling the music, not just reciting it. Vincent felt different inside too. He felt the need to assert himself, a competitive nature he had very rarely tapped into. He was not going to let anyone upstage him.

Working his way up to the chorus, Vincent garnered whatever breath he could catch without missing a beat and confided that he could hit that high note just as well as his partner could.

"Strangers waiting
Up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching
In the night
Streetlights, people
Livin' just to find emotion
Hidin' somewhere in the night"

Vincent felt an urge to wince as he approached "Somewhere in the night," but mustered up a miraculous amount of courage. Somehow, the note came out beautifully. Vincent hadn't even known his voice would allow him to go that high. Unbelievably content with himself, Vincent sang his heart out.

"Don't stop believin'
Hold on to that feelin'
Streetlights, people

Don't stop believin'
Hold on to that feelin'
Streetlights, people

Don't stop!"

The duet got a full applause from most of the team, though one boy, Reilly if Vincent remembered correctly, clapped only half-heartedly. Darryn turned to Vincent, most likely to comment on the performance. However, the wonderful feeling of confidence Vincent had quickly disappeared and turned into the nasty feeling one gets when they feel they're about to vomit. Vincent felt intimidated suddenly by the tall handsome figure next to him. The spotlight felt like a search light and the applause sounded like the audience was mocking him.

Vincent darted off the stage and towards the nearest garbage can.

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:59 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.