Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Vegetarians
Eldavey
post Apr 17 2015, 06:02 PM
Post #1

Super Special
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 49 980

dreamteam

Are humans herbivorous? Vegetarians and Vegans say it all the time: humans aren't supposed to eat meat.
What's your opinion?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
gregoryk
post May 13 2019, 03:08 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 257 023

Lil villains

i don’t care if you’re vegan or veg italian as long as you don’t force or let your children do it. children need high amounts of protein that is best gained through meat i remember reading about a certain thing in meat that is needed i. a child’s diet or something that helps development and taking that away is risking the child’s health. you wanna be veg? fine. but don’t try to force it on children and others around you.

--------------------

gregory “ greg “ / 17 / english + german
+Quote Post

Master PokePilot
post Jul 15 2019, 01:47 AM
Post #3

Sheriru, Pokemon Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 83 276

Pokemon Stadium

QUOTE(gregoryk @ May 13 2019, 03:08 PM) *
i don’t care if you’re vegan or veg italian as long as you don’t force or let your children do it. children need high amounts of protein that is best gained through meat i remember reading about a certain thing in meat that is needed i. a child’s diet or something that helps development and taking that away is risking the child’s health. you wanna be veg? fine. but don’t try to force it on children and others around you.

You have to also understand that making kids eat meat is also forcing a lifestyle on them. Many young children will not want to eat meat if you tell them an animal had to die for it. I for one was an especially animal-loving child (and now adult) and if I would've known the suffering my meals caused, I would've stopped eating meat earlier rather than later. Though my dad would've forced me anyways. Haha. Anyhow, no, meat is not necessary. Protein--COMPLETE protein--exists in plant form through either soy beans and various seeds or just mixing and matching foods to make a complete-protein meal (an easy combo is rice and beans or peanut butter and toast). Plenty of vegetarian and vegan children have already been raised in the world into adults and furthermore, meat is not a requirement. As long as you are satisfying nutritional requirements by plant-based means (which is completely possible: https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/...s-and-children).

The reason it's so easy to fail is because you have to be more conscientious about food choices and many people ("parents") are too lazy, haven't researched enough, and/or haven't even spoken to a pediatrician about it. It is difficult but very possible and extremely healthy, both physically and mentally, when carried out with complete knowledge of what needs to be done.

One last thing is all parents honestly press something on their children and when the child moves out, they decide to keep it or not. I decided to stop eating meat not only because of the environmental destruction caused by animal agriculture but also because animals are sentient and deserve better treatment than they face in factory farms. I believe they don't deserve to be exploited when we have other ways to sustain ourselves.

Overall I don't even think you have to be vegan to do something good. Step 1 is honestly just being conscious any where your food comes from. Is the source a factory farm (or multiple farms) responsible for deforestation in Brazil, as is the case with the beef industry? Is the pork you're buying from farms that drain their waste into local watersheds hazardously? And there is even more even it comes to compassion for animals. Etc. It's always better to buy local, organic, and green--meat or plants alike. Green as in sustainable, by the way. Not green meat. Gross lol.

This post has been edited by Master PokePilot: Jul 15 2019, 01:58 AM

--------------------

Request today!

(a LOT of) Rayquaza Stuff - You've been warned! (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:08 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.