Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Mass-Clicking
Zizo
post May 16 2012, 06:09 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 18 268

I Wish I Had Them

How come Gambrinous Antiscian's guide for Opera isn't working for me? I've heard Opera is awesome for mass-click, I was forced to update it, I don't know why. Is this the reason? I did everything on the guide, except for the Tools>Preferences parts, since I can't find it. When I open up 100 tabs on Opera, it takes like 15 seconds for the tabs t load(the first tabs, then longer for the rest). It also takes a while with 10-25 tabs. What am I doing wrong? I used to mass-click with Operaabout a year ago, and it worked fine. Now, it Ctrl + Tab takes a few seconds to go to the next tab. Help?

--------------------
GENERATION 23: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. This is a Social experiment.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Jaysus
post May 16 2012, 06:20 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 112 020

Active Squad

It will take a while for the tabs to load sadly. The new opera some find to be slower then the old version, obviously the more recent the version the more secure it is though.

I would suggest changing the keyboard shortcuts for changing tabs since holding control and pressing tab doesn't work in the most recent version, i can't remember what it does, i'm sure it op0ens up a new tab but its been agaes since i've used it.

If you are going to use opera i would suggest you ahve another look for the preferences and alter them and change the keyboard shortcuts so you would have a much easier time with it. Alternatively you can hang in there and use the not so efficient way of clicking until the release of the new site, the berry feeder works optimally on Chrome or Firefox and only requires you to turn off hardware acceleration in Firefox.

--------------------

~~

Sprites (click to show)

Shinies (click to show)
+Quote Post

Zizo
post May 16 2012, 06:22 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

I Wish I Had Them

QUOTE(Jaysus @ May 16 2012, 07:20 PM) *
It will take a while for the tabs to load sadly. The new opera some find to be slower then the old version, obviously the more recent the version the more secure it is though.

I would suggest changing the keyboard shortcuts for changing tabs since holding control and pressing tab doesn't work in the most recent version, i can't remember what it does, i'm sure it op0ens up a new tab but its been agaes since i've used it.

If you are going to use opera i would suggest you ahve another look for the preferences and alter them and change the keyboard shortcuts so you would have a much easier time with it. Alternatively you can hang in there and use the not so efficient way of clicking until the release of the new site, the berry feeder works optimally on Chrome or Firefox and only requires you to turn off hardware acceleration in Firefox.

Sadly, I don't know how to change keyboard shortcuts in Opera. How do I disable Hardware Acceleration in Firefox.

--------------------
GENERATION 23: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. This is a Social experiment.

+Quote Post

Giraffe A Laugh
post May 16 2012, 06:29 PM
Post #4

That one laughing Giraffe
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 646

Active Squad

http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?s=&...t&p=1894263

that post will show you how to change the keyboard shortcuts in opera c:

As for turning hardware acceleration off, go to options in fire fox, click on Advanced, and in the browsing section you'll see "use hardware acceleration when available" make sure to uncheck it, and you're done happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Zizo
post May 16 2012, 06:31 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

I Wish I Had Them

Thanks, I'll try this. But just a question, Giraffe a Laugh, what browser do you use to mass-click?

This post has been edited by Zizo: May 16 2012, 06:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Giraffe A Laugh
post May 16 2012, 06:42 PM
Post #6

That one laughing Giraffe
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 646

Active Squad

I used to use Opera, like most others, and also used that guide to click, but with the new site coming out, I've switched over to chrome, because chrome is just incredibly fast when using the berry feeder on the new site @__@

I'd highly recommend you switch over as well when the time comes! I tried opera first with the berry feeder, and I'd manage to get through maybe 5 tabs in 7 seconds, whiles in chrome I'm literally getting 5 tabs in less than two seconds, it's pretty great c:
(although this also comes down to internet speed in the end, so it'd really depend on how fast your internet is)

This post has been edited by Giraffe A Laugh: May 16 2012, 06:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Zizo
post May 16 2012, 06:45 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

I Wish I Had Them

I supposedly get 54 mbps, but I don't think that's true. Anyway, that's alpha/beta for the new site, right? I missed the chance for that. And currently, Opera isn't working in my favor. I can do about 20-25 tabs at a time with Firefox or Chrome easy, but they lag a bit. I don't want to lag up my laptop, so I use my Windows Vista desktop. I'd rather use my phone, where I can click about 1 pokemon/egg per 1-2 seconds.

This post has been edited by Zizo: May 16 2012, 06:46 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Inu
post May 17 2012, 05:32 AM
Post #8

Charitard
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 398

Soul Silver Team

Why not downgrade to Opera 10.6 or something like that?
I did that and it works quite fine for me. o,o

--------------------

| ♥
+Quote Post

Zizo
post May 18 2012, 07:50 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

I Wish I Had Them

How, exactly? And how many tabs at a time?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jaysus
post May 18 2012, 08:35 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 020

Active Squad

You can download a version of opera 10.6 here:
http://www.opera.com/download/get.pl?id=33...ue&sub=true
(mods feel free to alter/remove this link if it is against the rules, though since its the developers site and not illegal i'm not sure)

You can open as many tabs as your computer/laptop can handle, since we have no idea what spec you are running we can't really give you a rough idea.
I was opening anywhere between 250-900 tabs per go but anything above 300-600 is pointless since you start dropping pokemon/eggs and it takes ages to load.

--------------------

~~

Sprites (click to show)

Shinies (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:39 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.