Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sexuality
Disgracik
post Jun 10 2012, 11:18 AM
Post #101

Life is the childhood of our immortality.
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 94 296

Fav legends

Too bad most of people think that bisexuality and homosexuality is psychological disorder. I think this people are just too stupid... There is no connection, it just who the person is, nowadays it's normal, and, more people are consider themselves as bisexuals/homosexuals... I believe, these people are now quite big part of Earth population, they are everywhere, and you don't know...

Of course, to make self confession is quite hard, but after it you life becoming much easier, I mean that you aren't thinking about it as something strange and your are ready for future problems. Especially hard for bisexuals, 'cause it's hard to have normal marriage, anyway you are attracted to same sex. Personally being bisexual and understanding/ being ready for all this problems makes my present life easier and, maybe, happier... Sadly, attitude to people, who aren't heterosexuals, in my country too violent, so showing it to the full is just impossible... Oh, and it's really piss off, when girls, heterosexual ones, are trying to convince you about your sexuality...

--------------------
[align=center]

[/align]
[spoiler=Stuff] [align=center] [/spoiler][/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

strictlyninja
post Jun 19 2012, 02:40 PM
Post #102

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 99 806

Party

As a Christian, yes, I believe homosexuality is wrong. "God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve." But I won't judge the person themself. You're a homosexual? A bisexual? Great. I won't judge you, and I won't force you to change, but I won't encourage your views either. I'm not saying that I'll throw Christianity in your face everytime I see you. I'd treat you like every other person, because you ARE still a person, after all, gay or straight.

--------------------

Click us! (click to show)
+Quote Post

GraphicCamel
post Jun 26 2012, 02:32 PM
Post #103

Electric Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 100 553

Gijinka Academy

QUOTE(strictlyninja @ Jun 19 2012, 12:40 PM) *
As a Christian, yes, I believe homosexuality is wrong. "God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve." But I won't judge the person themself. You're a homosexual? A bisexual? Great. I won't judge you, and I won't force you to change, but I won't encourage your views either. I'm not saying that I'll throw Christianity in your face everytime I see you. I'd treat you like every other person, because you ARE still a person, after all, gay or straight.

Balls to you. I'm straight, My best friend is bi and my uncle is gay. Not their choice. Do you really think people would be that be if they had the choice? it doesn't make life any easier, that's for sure. I'm glad you're not homophobic or anything but still, saying homosexuality is wrong is messed up.

--------------------
Aliases (click to show)

Roleplaying (click to show)

Current Obsessions (click to show)

Updated 6/26/12
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jun 26 2012, 04:49 PM
Post #104

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

QUOTE(strictlyninja @ Jun 19 2012, 02:40 PM) *

So you're basically the guy sitting in the corner of the room glaring disapprovingly at everyone else going about their business? While I applaud your decision to be discreet with your disapproval, I can't help but think that you'd be a happier, less bitter individual if you came to terms with homosexuality. What exactly is "wrong" with homosexuality? Is it purely a religious thing? What part of your religion exactly?

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Jen
post Jun 26 2012, 06:21 PM
Post #105

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

I have been in a few debates about this on Facebook recently (more so gay marriage), so I might as well just say my views here, too, because why not.

Growing up in a Christian environment, I believed that homosexuality was this awful thing, and that anyone who liked the same gender were sinners and would go to Hell for it. I used to get so disgusted to see any relationship like that in public that I'd think all kinds of horrible thoughts about them in my head. This was my way of thinking until pretty recently, maybe a few months ago (sometime after the ditto exploration came out on GPX because I was upset about it having a lesbian couple in it) when I finally realized I was the one who was wrong.

I'm trying to work on being a better person, though it is hard to not have bad thoughts at times. The pastor at my church said something along the lines of, "If you want to be a better person, don't judge people before you meet them, because then you'll think you're better than them and not treat them with respect." That's exactly what I would do. I would think I was better than gay people because I was straight and in the right. But what made me think I was in the right? Was it because it's what The Bible says? What I grew up on and believing? Yes. Though, I think that God would dislike that because he wouldn't want me thinking that way about His people and as a Christian that just looks bad on me, my religion, and God.

What changed in me was that I had gone through this period of time when I thought I was asexual. I didn't understand why some people could be so sexual when I never wanted anything to do with it. Even after I got a boyfriend, I'm not exactly a super horny person. Sometimes I wish I could change that about myself, but I can't, and it makes me feel bad at times. I don't know why it took me so long to realize that if I can't change this about myself, then obviously there are people like me who can't help the way they are either. This is how I know sexuality is not a choice, but something one just can't help. I hope this wasn't too much information, because I can't exactly explain how I came to the realization without explaining it.

As for seeing gay couples out in public, I realized I don't like seeing straight couples doing couple-like things out in public either that isn't holding hands or hugging. I don't want to see straight people kissing in front of me just as much as I don't want to see a gay couple kissing in front of me. Both gross me out and makes me want to yell at them to do that stuff in private!

I can't stand when people who say they are Christians put down anyone who is not straight just because The Bible said that homosexuality is wrong or that they can't/shouldn't get married. I find it embarrassing that people of my own faith do that because then I can't help but think that people will then look down on us and that our faith/religion is this thing where people are closed minded.

I did not read this whole thread, so I don't know how other Christians responded, but I did see the response by the Christian on this page, and wanted it to be known that not all Christians think down on homosexuality. I also did not want to read any posts bashing Christianity and the people who follow it, because people tend to say that The Bible is fiction and what not, and it's offensive which is why I tend to stay out of these forums. =/ (If anyone tells me that there was no bashing then I will be surprised and maybe look through the whole topic.)

I couldn't really get my thoughts out in an orderly way, so I think that some paragraphs might have sounded weird or out of place, but I really wanted to just say my own thoughts on the topic being religious and all and that I didn't write this to offend anyone at all. If I did then I'm sorry, because I'm definitely not looking to argue or debate, only to just say my beliefs. *nervously clicks add reply* ;;

This post has been edited by Jen: Jun 26 2012, 06:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Not Gizmo
post Jun 29 2012, 01:44 PM
Post #106

it's not a trolley
Group Icon

Member No.: 115 631

*splahes about*

hrm... ok, before I even say anything, I'd like to point out a few things. First off, anything in my post that appears as though I am even remotely trying to bash religion in any way is, well, not meant to bash religion, so please keep that in mind. yes, I am a homosexual, and an atheist... though I'm not sure how much of an importance that actually is, I just thought I'd go ahead and throw that out there. Also, some points that I will make will also be in sort of a response to Jen's post above.

Ok, so the first thing I'd like to tackle is sexuality itself. When it comes to sexuality, and sex in general, we can all agree that it can become quite complicated, and long behold, it certainly is. Sexuality can range from heterosexuals, to homosexuals, to bizarre fetishes; it barely has any limits. The one question some people ask themselves is: "is it even natural?". Well, why shouldn't it be? Sexuality is as natural as breathing. It is a part of us. It is a trait that makes us. No matter how you think of it, you almost absolutely can't deny the fact that sex, in general, is completely natural and normal. Of course, this then arises the question as to why on earth, or even how, is it ever possible for a human of one gender to be attracted to another human of the same exact gender? Well, if you ever asked a homosexual, that person most likely said "I was born that way". Now, of course, we still don't know for a fact whether people are or aren't born gay (although, through recent studying of sexuality, the closest answer that we have so far is that it is something hormonal-related), but why do they even say that? Why does almost every gay person say that he/she was born that way? The answer is simple; it naturally came to them. I know that's not too much of an answer on It's own with any good weight, but take it from a gay person myself; trust me, there's no real way to explain it other than the fact that I was born gay. Being gay feels almost as natural as breathing, having black hair, and being light-skinned. There's no real way to explain it. I mean, ask yourself this: why are you straight? What made you straight? Was it an outside influence, or were you simply "born" straight? I'm sure you would have the same response: "I don't know, but it pretty much feels like I was born that way". And even then, why does it matter whether you were or weren't born gay? Why can't you just accept that that's just how some people end up being?

And this is where religion comes in. Now, again, as already stated above, please keep in mind that I am not trying to bash religion in any way. If anything, I actually tried my best to avoid religion as a whole, but It's nearly impossible and almost needs to be included in the equation. None of us can deny the fact that most of Homophobia is rooted from religion itself. When an uneducated human fails to understand something, thinking that someone else simply had to do it, they label it as a "god". Ah yes, the infamous god label: "I don't have the answer, therefore god". To feel alone in an empty vacuum of space, particles, and unknown matter can be a rather scary concept at first glance from the perspective of a human, especially when this human barely knows anything. A magical stream of ultimate energy strikes earth with brutal, horrific force? It was Zeus! (when we all now know it was actually just lightning caused by natural means). Heck, even the Eqyptians thought the sun itself was a god. Why? Well because It's a gigantic ball of light, what else were they supposed to think? And that's honestly very understandable. It's not like anyone in the past had the technology, scientific reasoning, evidence, and intelligence as we do now. Unfortunately, people tend to do whatever they can to label things when there's no answer for it, and even include sub-labels to these things based on personal likes and dislikes. This is where a lot of things from different religious books and doctrines get some of their fiction from; the author. Yes, that "dude" who wrote the stuff to begin with, not some magical "god" in the heavenly skies.

Now, before I continue, Jen is right; not all religious people are ignorant towards homosexuality. But, at the same time, I also find it very fascinating. If the bible condemns homosexuality, then why do some religious people still feel it is wrong to condemn homosexual people? It feels contradictory and awkward. However, the answer is simple; that person is thinking for themselves. Ah yes, "free will", one of the best parts of being a human. To put it in more simpler terms, let's say we ask someone if they think homosexuality is right or wrong. Now lets say that person says that it is wrong. If we ask that person why, then most likely the response will be "because the bible said so". At this point, we seriously need to start asking questions; does this god even exist? How do you know the god itself is just lying, or this Isn't all just some kind of sick joke or something? If this god told you to do something you didn't like, such as slaughtering or sacrificing innocent people as a practice for an example, would you still do it? Why are you cherry picking things that you like and don't like in the bible; Isn't everything in the bible the word of god and you should be following and obeying his words? Why is it that a god that can create the universe itself relies on interpretations of translations of translations of translations of interpretations of a hard-to-understand book? Why did god give us free will (which basically allows us to choose whether we want to believe in him or not, including being gay) and create hell to send us to it if we committed "sins"? He didn't even have to create hell in the first place if he just made us already believing and following him, and never even made us with free will in the first place. I mean, he did create the universe and all of existence, right??? Doesn't he want to take credit for his work? How intelligent is God? Was the universe an accident then? Where did god even come from? Did something else create god? What even is god; a he, she, or "it"? Since there are so many other gods, which one is correct?

This is the real meat of the problem. I'm really not trying to bash religion, and I understand I just talked about it quite a lot, despite the fact that this is more about sexuality. I also understand how Jen feels when people call religion fake or false, but somebody needs to step up and open their eyes here. Many people wouldn't even have this phobia of homosexuality in the first place if they weren't being told lies when they're growing up. Think for yourself. Don't be a sheep and chain yourself down to something and allow it to drain away your free will. If you TRULY have no problem with homosexuality, bisexuality, and so on and so forth, then don't force yourself to change what you truly want to think because some "god" that doesn't even exist said so. Whether you like or dislike any other type of sexuality is your own choice, and should be completely respected, as you have the right to think whatever you want to think, believe in whatever religion you want to believe, etc. however if your going to make an argument from ignorance and state that homosexuality is blatantly "wrong" because some god that you haven't even proven It's existence yet says so, then you have gave up your free will and have become a follower, or even a slave, of a religion's false ideals. Before you hop on the train to "heaven", don't be afraid to ask questions first, and don't be afraid to speak your mind. don't force yourself to change who you truly are and what you personally believe because some "people" say so.

Whether you think any other kind of sexuality other than heterosexuality is right or wrong is your opinion, but rejecting It's natural traits is completely ignorant. Other animals in the wild have sex with the same gender all the time, and they certainly don't have any "religions" to influence them otherwise. They just do it because they like it, and that's the whole point. I never liked women, and I never will. I tried to, but i simply just don't like women. Guys are hot and sexy to me, and that's that. It's ok and completely understandable if you think that's a little gross. Heck, I hate pickles. Does that mean I want to exterminate all pickles from this planet? Well of course not, that's just completely dumb and nonsensical, plus, other people like pickles anyways. Why should my selfish deeds make others suffer without the juicy, lovely, green cactus-like snack that is well known as the pickle?

because the bible says so because because the bible says so because the bible says so because the bible says so because the bible says so because the bible- just shut up already! Nearly everything is "because the bible says so". And? So what? The bible clearly approves of slavery, so why did it even get abolished in the first place? Sam I Am insists that I will like green eggs and ham, but how does he know whether I even like eggs or ham? What if I don't like it? Is that a bad thing? Interlocking your life to a fairy tale book is ridiculous (at least in my opinion), but your choice, and should be your personal choice only, and you shouldn't try to influence humanity in the wrong direction, straying away from the truth.

I truly apologize if anything I said sounded like religious bashing, and it kinda does now that I read back, but honestly, I'm just saying it like it is, and there's no real other easier way to say it. Gay people are gay because they're gay. Bisexual people are bisexual because they're bisexual. Straight people are straight because they're straight. If you really want to know why, then educate yourself on the facts about sex and sexuality. They just simply like it, and there shouldn't be anything wrong with that. No, don't worry, I don't have a "gay demon" inside of me. It's just me be a human, and most importantly, being me. Doing what I like on my own free will, and generating my own social and personal morals based on what I personally, truly believe what is right and wrong.

If you truly believe that homosexuality is somehow exclusively "wrong" simply based on what some "god" said, then prove the existence of this god first. Otherwise, your just spewing nothing but lies.

--------------------

.: x :.
+Quote Post

Kima Rose
post Jul 1 2012, 02:57 AM
Post #107

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 166 531

Active Squad

Brava Gizmokarp. Well done. I especially love the pickle analogy.
But to my own point.
Personally I think it's completely wrong for people to judge others because of who they are.
I mean honestly, think about it. For years upon years & even sometimes still today, inter-racial marriages and relationships have been looked on and shunned. Now a lot of the hate from them is being redirected to a community of people who just like being with the same gender. I've seen straight couples that are different races state that they can't help who they love. It's the same for the gay/bi/etc community.
How is it any more right to tell a man that he can't love another man than it is to tell a black man that he can't love a white woman? Or any others of different races that they can't be in love simply because they didn't love someone the same race?
How is it fair to judge how someone lives their life? How would one of these people who judges us so freely like to be under someone else's microscope? How would they feel if someone was trying to tell them that something that makes them who they are is wrong?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it doesn't give anyone the right to try and force someone else to believe the same things they do, to change who they are when they don't want or need to change. Those in glass houses should not throw stones.

I am a Bi-sexual/Pansexual female. Just because I talk to girls doesn't mean I'm trying to get in their pants or that I'm just a confused individual. It just means that this is who I am.
My whole family, other than myself & my also bi-sexual brother, are Catholic. I honestly don't care what other people think of me anymore because I've been desensitized by the things I've been through & seen done. So insult me if you wish. It won't change me from being a proud woman who just so happens to be Bi-sexual/Pansexual.

--------------------

Earth, Air, Fire, & Sea. As I will it, So mote it be.
My Scroll
Blessed be...

+Quote Post

Not Gizmo
post Jul 1 2012, 08:54 AM
Post #108

it's not a trolley
Group Icon

*splahes about*

QUOTE(Kima Rose @ Jul 1 2012, 03:57 AM) *
Brava Gizmokarp. Well done. I especially love the pickle analogy.
But to my own point.
Personally I think it's completely wrong for people to judge others because of who they are.
I mean honestly, think about it. For years upon years & even sometimes still today, inter-racial marriages and relationships have been looked on and shunned. Now a lot of the hate from them is being redirected to a community of people who just like being with the same gender. I've seen straight couples that are different races state that they can't help who they love. It's the same for the gay/bi/etc community.
How is it any more right to tell a man that he can't love another man than it is to tell a black man that he can't love a white woman? Or any others of different races that they can't be in love simply because they didn't love someone the same race?
How is it fair to judge how someone lives their life? How would one of these people who judges us so freely like to be under someone else's microscope? How would they feel if someone was trying to tell them that something that makes them who they are is wrong?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but it doesn't give anyone the right to try and force someone else to believe the same things they do, to change who they are when they don't want or need to change. Those in glass houses should not throw stones.

I am a Bi-sexual/Pansexual female. Just because I talk to girls doesn't mean I'm trying to get in their pants or that I'm just a confused individual. It just means that this is who I am.
My whole family, other than myself & my also bi-sexual brother, are Catholic. I honestly don't care what other people think of me anymore because I've been desensitized by the things I've been through & seen done. So insult me if you wish. It won't change me from being a proud woman who just so happens to be Bi-sexual/Pansexual.

^ agreed. I'm also glad people are slowly evolving from the "religion/ways" that they were taught in the dark past (again, I'd like to keep noting that I'm not trying to bash religion; It's not the gun's fault, It's the person that uses it. just throwing that out there~). Women were less then men, and now they're equal. Africans were enslaved, and now they're free. Hopefully, It's only a matter of time that the United States of America would live up to It's name as the "free country", instead of pretending that there's nothing wrong and continue to feed our people complete shit. If anything, Canada is much more free than us, as far as I've seen. It always made me want to move there...

Also, in terms of marriage (not trying to get too off topic) i really, really, really hate it when conservatives, hardcore religious people, and other nuts in the such make the absolutely ridiculous argument that gay marriage shouldn't be allowed because then we won't know where to stop (when in reality we all know they fucking despise gay culture since it says so in a fairy tale book). They think that we might even start allowing marriage towards dogs, robots, etc. Unfortunately, morons like those kinds of people can't open their minds and think more logically for at least a millisecond.

Consent. Yes, that's right, "Consent": permission for something to happen or agreement to do something. It is a key word that absolutely destroys such a moronic argument. Dogs have absolutely, or barely, any knowledge of human qualities at all. Dogs can't pay bills or go to work. They have no sense of what exactly marriage even is, and can't properly communicate with us. I'm against forced marriages, so unless this is some kind of sick, forced marriage, then It's impossible to marry a dog and expect both the dog and the person to clearly give an acceptable answer that they both agree to marry each other; it is impossible, and unless dogs evolve to the absolute or near-absolute intelligence as a human would and is capable of proper communication with us, then I highly doubt we would be marrying dogs any time soon. As for robots, that's debatable; while you could program them to say "I Do", it still has the "hint of being a forced marriage", and might also cause psychological problems; it is just a robot, not a living human. If anything, there's really no need to marry a robot since you could just buy one/make one/etc and do whatever you want with it... erm, not to incite anything nasty.

Also, you may have noticed that I might be hinting that, if another species was able to give consent to a marriage with a human, then I would be okay with it. Yes, I actually would. If an alien species came, somehow decided to populate with us, and then wanted to marry certain humans, while giving consent of course, then so be it (although even if the human species allowed it, I'm not too sure many humans would have the "hots" for that alien lady booty... lol). There's no need to be afraid. And, if anything, I think a lot of our true feelings and confidence is usually drained away from us due to social norms. Not that there's nothing wrong with them, but it also limits us quite greatly.

Or... perhaps I'm being a bit silly. Either way, conservatives that try to protect the definition of a word, for some extremely dumb reason (yes, protecting this definition is extremely important and there totally aren't much more important problems out there... >_>) due to a book that hasn't even proven It's validity is asinine.

I am just waiting for the day the earth would be full of open-minded, non-restricted humans, as that is my ideal place to live, to say the least. Unfortunately, I'll be dead by then... but, whatever.

This post has been edited by Gizmokarp: Jul 1 2012, 01:40 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Typhloded
post Jul 1 2012, 08:45 PM
Post #109

Anti-Meta
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 629

Black 2: Bolt Badge

QUOTE(Gizmokarp @ Jul 1 2012, 07:54 AM) *
(again, I'd like to keep noting that I'm not trying to bash religion; It's not the gun's fault, It's the person that uses it. just throwing that out there~)

This struck a chord with me. I am a straight male, and I happen to be a fraternity president, so I'm aligned with a group of men who have historically and categorically homophobic. But you know what? Times have changed. My "Big Brother" is gay, but he's my best friend. Of 40 members in my chapter, I'd say that roughly a quarter of them are homosexual, and if there's anyone who feels uncomfortable about it, I haven't heard a damn thing. Fraternities are typically faith-based (no, not a joke), so that may have something to do with the homophobic history, but looking at the current demographics of these organizations, I think religion is finally beginning to serve its purpose, which in my opinion, is to create a society that is morally aware and accepting of others. Strangely enough, or perhaps not strangely at all, the most devout Christians in my organization are homosexual. I think that there is a common misconception that religious men and women, and men and women who believe in the notion of a Christian God, are mutually exclusive. Moral of the story, some people are just pointing the metaphorical "gun" in the wrong direction.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Not Gizmo
post Jul 1 2012, 09:49 PM
Post #110

it's not a trolley
Group Icon

*splahes about*

QUOTE(Typhloded @ Jul 1 2012, 09:45 PM) *
QUOTE(Gizmokarp @ Jul 1 2012, 07:54 AM) *
(again, I'd like to keep noting that I'm not trying to bash religion; It's not the gun's fault, It's the person that uses it. just throwing that out there~)

This struck a chord with me. I am a straight male, and I happen to be a fraternity president, so I'm aligned with a group of men who have historically and categorically homophobic. But you know what? Times have changed. My "Big Brother" is gay, but he's my best friend. Of 40 members in my chapter, I'd say that roughly a quarter of them are homosexual, and if there's anyone who feels uncomfortable about it, I haven't heard a damn thing. Fraternities are typically faith-based (no, not a joke), so that may have something to do with the homophobic history, but looking at the current demographics of these organizations, I think religion is finally beginning to serve its purpose, which in my opinion, is to create a society that is morally aware and accepting of others. Strangely enough, or perhaps not strangely at all, the most devout Christians in my organization are homosexual. I think that there is a common misconception that religious men and women, and men and women who believe in the notion of a Christian God, are mutually exclusive. Moral of the story, some people are just pointing the metaphorical "gun" in the wrong direction.

Completely agree with you~
In general, I basically don't have a problem with religion at all (as I have no reason to anyways; my atheism, by the way, Isn't the result of a hate towards religion, but the rejection of an idea due to lack of evidence, but that's a whole other subject), the only thing I have a problem with are the people that use the bible as a weapon, just as people use guns to kill others for asinine reasons.

If believing in a god really makes you happy, then by all means, go for it~

--------------------

+Quote Post

Typhloded
post Jul 1 2012, 10:02 PM
Post #111

Anti-Meta
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 629

Black 2: Bolt Badge

QUOTE(Gizmokarp @ Jul 1 2012, 08:49 PM) *
Completely agree with you~
In general, I basically don't have a problem with religion at all (as I have no reason to anyways; my atheism, by the way, Isn't the result of a hate towards religion, but the rejection of an idea due to lack of evidence, but that's a whole other subject), the only thing I have a problem with are the people that use the bible as a weapon, just as people use guns to kill others for asinine reasons.

If believing in a god really makes you happy, then by all means, go for it~

Actually, I'm agnostic for the same reason. Agnosticism for me is the belief that if there is a higher power, and we were created as "inferior" beings that are supposed to make mistakes, and not supposed to truly know anything, then why are we trying to figure it out? (Also a completely different subject, I suppose.) We have a humanist society in my college town, and I appreciate them because they encourage people to live a righteous life, without regard to any religious affiliation.

Tying this back into things, I think Western culture is actually moving in a direction that is really beneficial to anyone who isn't a radical on either side. On issues of sexuality, as well as many other issues, people are starting to look at who people are instead of what they supposedly "represent" (especially when you consider those with strong faith). If you're a good person, who cares who you love or who you worship?

Edit: small typo...

This post has been edited by Typhloded: Jul 1 2012, 10:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

daniff
post Jul 2 2012, 12:49 PM
Post #112

not really a dog
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 244

Active Squad

i don't care about sexuality or race or ability just whether the person is a nice person or not.

as far as i see it don't criticise someone for something they can't help, besides if you don't see inside anyone else's head but your own, if you don't understand why someone does something you have no right judge unless it effects you personally.

--------------------
plz click my little girls

and yes the pink one is shiny grin.gif crazy.gif
and yes i did just realise it was shiny
and no i haven't only just got it
+Quote Post

Larzsi
post Jul 3 2012, 01:57 AM
Post #113

zzz
Group Icon

Member No.: 143 835

Friends

I don't really have much to contribute to this topic, but I just thought I'd say something because it really means a lot to me. I'm a girl and I'm attracted to other girls. I can't really help it, though. I just am. I've only recently come to truly realize it and understand it, and its a pretty difficult thing to live with. I still wonder if it's a phase though, which I hope it is, but I'm really not sure. I live in constant fear of my parents or grandparents finding out somehow, whether it is by finding out the shows I watch or reading my diary. I don't really know what I'd do if that happened. I haven't come out to any one yet, and don't plan on it anytime soon. This is who I am; just like how straight people are disgusted by gay sex, the thought of me and a man being together like that just disgusts me. I like straight couples, though, and think they're cute, just like gay couples. I don't even care about seeing them kiss or hold hands in public. I just can't imagine myself doing that, and wish there wasn't a double standard about what couples can and cannot show small amounts of affection in public. So, yeah. That's my opinion I guess, and I think everyone just deserves to be treated equally. It's hard enough to deal with intolerant parents, coming out, losing friends, finding someone who isn't straight, getting married, adopting children... the list could go on and on. Don't make it even harder for gay people by being cruel and judgemental.

This post has been edited by Sugar Motta: Jul 5 2012, 06:03 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Vade
post Jul 3 2012, 10:37 AM
Post #114

gay
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 702

faves

QUOTE(strictlyninja @ Jun 19 2012, 02:40 PM) *

Bolded for emphasis. You say it as if all Christians should think homosexuality is wrong. I'm a Christian and an open gay-pride supporter. It really depends on what you were raised on and how strict of rules were set. I have Christian friends who don't agree with sexuality in their Bible groups, but my Bible group has no problem with it. Not all Christians disapprove with homosexuality. Just pointing out that you may want to re-word this in future arguments to avoid angering people AND giving Christians even more of a bad name.

I can't really add much to this topic that hasn't already been said. No I don't think any kind of sexuality is wrong in any way. None of them are made by choice. I could really care less who you're attracted to. It's rather silly to have labels in the first place. You could be attracted to a fish and I'd just be like, "okay, whatever floats your boat". Honestly if it makes you happy, what do others have the right to judge.

--------------------
vade / 24 / he/him pronouns

this account is literally over a decade old Blease no judgements

click for my party
+Quote Post

Pyotr
post Sep 6 2012, 07:23 PM
Post #115

Sugar Content
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 143 069

Unown

Before, I used to only like girls, but I am attracted to both sexes and I believe that nobody is able to really choose what gender "to get erect over", like clever Dazmi said in another thread. So yes, I can't help it and it is the way it is, it is no big deal in my opinion. And because that's the way I think I should deal with them, I try to respect everyone else's opinions even if they aren't in tune with mine.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Nemu
post Sep 6 2012, 07:34 PM
Post #116

Craziest cat lady of all time.
Group Icon

Member No.: 162 933

I wish

I really ended up not liking my mother after I told her I was bi. She acted like it meant I was a slut and wanted to sleep with every female, and was told I cold not sleep over at female's houses. Though I was older, and she allowed me to do pretty much anything else, including underage drinking and staying up/out as late as I wanted. Why would she act like this? I don't get it.

--------------------
Stuffs. cat.gif (click to show)
+Quote Post

Namiacal
post Sep 7 2012, 06:06 PM
Post #117

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 171 676

Active Squad

Probably because she's a homophobe. Hate those guys. They just bag on you, thinking what they're doing is right.

Anyways, I'm bi, although I tend to like girls better.

I think that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but sometimes they're just plain wrong with their opinion.

Yeah. I'm for all types of sexuality. It doesn't matter who you love, because that's just who you love.

Although, most of the time, when someone asks me whether I'm straight or not, I say, "I love who I love."

--------------------
for⋅victory⋅we⋅rock⋅fury⋅of⋅the⋅storm

Credit goes to Zurekish for my Smeargle Gjinka avatar~
+Quote Post

Nanaki
post Sep 12 2012, 12:56 PM
Post #118

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 158 929

dreamy

i think all sexual identities are valid, whether theyre heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, asexual (feeling no sexual attraction towards others), or pansexual (sexual attraction towards all genders, including those that dont fit the standard).

people can't choose what theyre attracted to, and it can be extremely hurtful if you discriminate someone over what they find sexually attractive. and i think using religion as a reason for discrimination is detestable. :c

me personally: i am a male, and i dont care about sex/gender, race, religion, or anything along those lines. as long as the person has a charming personality and theyre nice, i could grow to like them/find them attractive.

--------------------

bądźmy przyjaciółmi! ミ●﹏☉ミ
+Quote Post

purple umbreon
post Sep 12 2012, 03:22 PM
Post #119

How is it like to have a family?
Group Icon

Member No.: 155 777

my favorite team

I'm a Chistian, yet I don't have any problems at all with homosexuals. My cousin is gay and a friend in class is lesbian.
But it's also about HOW the religion get's teached. We didn't get told lies and that homosexuality is wrong. (In my class)
But there might have been some people who where literally told that God made the earth and that everything in the Bible is true. Newsflash, it's not. We learned about the messages in the bible, how we have to not threat others like you don't want to get threated. I don't think there is a message in it that says homosexuality is bad. I actually HATE all the hatred against homosexsuals. They are like everyone else, just attracted to ones from the same gender. What's so wrong with that?

--------------------

Click to see my gallery

other stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

The Winnebago
post Sep 16 2012, 11:57 PM
Post #120

Recreational Vehicle
Group Icon

Member No.: 82 857

Pokemans Favourite

I feel so loved OP. *Is pansexual* ;~;

On a more serious note, the argument that homosexuality or bisexuality is unnatural is something I find hilarious. It's like saying people woke up one day and said "hey i think i'll just be sexually attracted to girls today." The problem is that most people working against homosexuality don't seem to understand that concept, because they're taught from a young age to never question what God says or does.

That creates a lack of understanding and the inability to put one's self in another's shoes, subsequently causing people to reject the notion that any sexuality other than straight is naturally occurring. I wish those people would listen to gays or bisexuals and try to understand things, but that just isn't happening any time soon I guess.

This post has been edited by The Winnebago: Sep 17 2012, 12:00 AM
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:40 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.