Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pointers for Elite Clicker achievement, How to succeed getting 250K interactions
Jade
post Jan 27 2013, 07:44 AM
Post #21

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

Thanks for the tips guys (and Dalek for asking the question!). If it weren't for this thread I never would have gotten this achievement. It was an all day thing for me though - in total I think I only had about five hours to spare. But not only did I manage it, I also discovered a much more effective way of clicking.

I'll give some additional tips -

1. If you decide to play music while clicking, probably use an external device like your stereo rather then Youtube or something. I found after about the 100k click mark that my computer could no longer handle switching through songs (or pretty much any website). Which brings along my second tip...

2. Maybe consider clearing your cache/cookies for the day when you get to the halfway mark. Maybe this wouldn't be a problem on a non-multiplier day, but my computer at least started to get stuck so often every 20 Pokemon (when it would reload the ads) that it was unbearable. Clearing my cache sped up the process again though so I'm pretty sure my computer was mostly just backlogged with too much data.

3. Also going on the argument of not having eggs in your party - I would only recommend having eggs in your party if it's a day when the Honey+ is activated and you can just go into shelter and use unlimited sweet honeys and pick up eggs. That saves an extreme amount of time (as long as you have hunts with a lot of eggs - probably want to choose novelty-based Pokemon like Vulpix/Pineco/Bidoof etc. to be hunting). But of course this still takes time and you have to be willing to sacrifice it (plus it'll be a multiplier so...lag and all.) It's kind of a trade off on whether you want to be done quicker or not. For me the argument was 'I'm clicking 250k, I'm going to make them worth it by getting eggs for my shiny hunts hatched. Managed to finish two of my hunts as it is - so it was worth it for me.

4. Finally, be sure you are settled somewhere comfortably. If you have a laptop like I do, I don't recommend having it... well, in your lap. I would suggest a desk and a nice chair - this makes sure your back doesn't get strained by stooping over the computer and gives your arm more stability if you have it resting on the tabletop. Otherwise you are looking at a lot of pain, hand cramps and sore muscles later.

Phew and that's all I have. I'm surprised I managed to get the achievement in one go - can't tell you how many times failed 12.5k back in the day when GPX was on the older website and I was using Firefox. Oh good times, good times lol.

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

purple umbreon
post Jan 27 2013, 08:28 AM
Post #22

How is it like to have a family?
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 155 777

my favorite team

I have seen many people giving tips and all but there is something people are forgetting.
After you have followed these tips you should also look how many interactions you can do in an hour.
Also it depends on how much time you have that day.
You would need to do like 10417 interactions in an hour if you would click 24 hours without break.
Considering you will be taking breaks from clicking, let's say an hour, you need to be able to do more.
If you can't do like at least 11k an hour then, you better spare yourself the trouble of trying.
If you still want to do it if you can't do that much, you either have to click with 2 things or update your pc, laptop,...

--------------------

Click to see my gallery

other stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Jan 27 2013, 09:11 AM
Post #23

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

It's probably a lot easier to measure how many interactions you can do in a minute, or simply how long it takes to click one full batch of eggs/pokemon. And then from there you can find out how long it'll take you to get the achievement if you click non-stop while doing nothing else at all. Of course it's not really realistic to be able to do that, it sort of gives you an idea of how much room you have to play with.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Manah
post Jan 27 2013, 10:05 AM
Post #24

Made of random and Joltik love / Totally not a fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 080

Diamond Party

Well, instead of just trying to get eggs for your shiny hunt, you can use the Fill Party option. IMO that's better than no eggs at all. (Though personally I took lots of short clicking breaks because my wrists can't handle that much clicking, and I just used those breaks to get SWSH eggs. Those usually don't require much shelter refeshing.)

--------------------
Pokémon Moon FC: 0877-0881-6378 (Trainer name: June)

~
Buttons made by Arceus Awakened
+Quote Post

Esc
post Jan 27 2013, 12:17 PM
Post #25

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

I'll probably be attempting this on Thursday (last day of SWSH and the day after Im done exams)

-Clear cache, be entertained,
-Have laptop on desk
-Dont hatch too many eggs
-Requires majority of the day
-Anything else?

Also, I can click 25k in an hour. Haven't tried it on my 5 GHz channel yet so it might be more.

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jan 27 2013, 12:21 PM
Post #26

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Esc @ Jan 27 2013, 05:17 PM) *
I'll probably be attempting this on Thursday (last day of SWSH and the day after Im done exams)

-Clear cache, be entertained,
-Have laptop on desk
-Dont hatch too many eggs
-Requires majority of the day
-Anything else?

Also, I can click 25k in an hour. Haven't tried it on my 5 GHz channel yet so it might be more.

You should be fine if you can click 25k in an hour. You'd be looking at roughly half a day if you can keep it up happy.gif

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Emeliee
post Jan 27 2013, 02:09 PM
Post #27

~ Learn from yesterday, live for today & hope for tomorrow
Group Icon

Member No.: 92 397

Pokemon Emerald Team

Thanks for all everybody. You helped me too! happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

AdmiralPerry
post Feb 10 2013, 06:55 PM
Post #28

Assassin by Association
Group Icon

Member No.: 97 925

My Guards

Took me literally all day yesterday to get this one, and I basically pulled an all-nighter starting at reset. Managed to finish with about four or five hours to spare. All I can really add is the following--it might be a good idea to have the Odd Incense. I ran out of Pokemon to interact with around the 240,000 mark. No lie. I flipped around between the lists for about ten minutes and was struggling to get even ten interactions, so make sure you have the Odd Incense! Also, you may find that you start out slow, and that's okay. The first few hours I struggled to get even 10,000 an hour, but once I got up to speed (basically when I started running on autopilot) I was probably logging roughly 15,000 an hour or more. When I hit that point it went quicker than I expected, which was excellent motivation to keep going. I even had time to spare to raise several Pokemon to level 100 for achievements. I suppose it could've gone even faster if I'd done nothing but click, but I needed the diversity. Also, take breaks--I took short ones in between each page of interactions so my wrist wouldn't cramp on me. And I know people have said it before, but I'll reiterate: have some form of entertainment, preferably external from your computer, like an iPod or Netflix or movies or something. I watched Bill Engvall for the last couple of hours. I spent a lot of time listening to music on my iPhone and that made it so much easier.

Good luck to everyone else who makes an attempt at this!

*remembers the days of being on Internet Explorer trying to get the Novice Clicker achievement*

--------------------
Got no place to run, got no place to hide...

Many thanks to the awesome Doctor Octopus for this overworld march!

Click for parties! (click to show)

My Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Hyper Sin Dubste...
post Feb 11 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #29

Sassy Nature
Group Icon

Member No.: 190 512

PINK EXPLOSION! <3

Quick question, will you still be able to get the faster clicks if you are on the mobile site?
I get pretty lazy at time to the point that I just use my ipod (also since I have back problems so I am kinda forced to slow down unless I have a VERY comfortable seat)
+Quote Post

Synchronise
post Feb 11 2013, 01:51 PM
Post #30

[PAPER INTENSIFIES]
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 425

Fithos Team Delta

QUOTE(ShinyNoob @ Feb 11 2013, 01:43 PM) *
Quick question, will you still be able to get the faster clicks if you are on the mobile site?
I get pretty lazy at time to the point that I just use my ipod (also since I have back problems so I am kinda forced to slow down unless I have a VERY comfortable seat)

Speaking only from my personal experience, the Berry Feeder on the desktop site is much faster than the mobile site. I don't know my average on the mobile (it's slow for me so I hardly ever use it) but on the desktop site I can easily get 600 interactions a minute from my work connection and about 250 per minute on my home connection. My mobile per-minute is probably no more than 100-150, if that.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Feb 11 2013, 02:06 PM
Post #31

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

Additionally, if you click from the mobile version of the site, you are limited to clicking users that have clicked you, are online, have added you to their pal pad and you have added to your pal pad. I'd say that it's completely impossible to get the achievement from clicking on the mobile site alone because of that, considering that if you click absolutely all users, you still need some interactions to get the achievement(this is where you use the odd incense). But if you need breaks from clicking on your computer, this could be a way to still get some interactions. If you just measure how long it takes for you to do interactions on the mobile site, you can figure out how well those interactions will help you in passing the 250 000 that need to do in the 24 hour window from reset to reset. Basically, if you can't do more that 174 interactions per minute with the mobile site, you need to use a pc for the speed alone.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Hyper Sin Dubste...
post Feb 11 2013, 02:19 PM
Post #32

Sassy Nature
Group Icon

Member No.: 190 512

PINK EXPLOSION! <3

I see thank you.
I was curious about the whole mobile thing and whatnot since my lazy ass doesn't want to do endless clicking at this hour lol.
+Quote Post

Yuki Tanuki
post Feb 26 2013, 12:22 PM
Post #33

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 117 850

Coolest Pokemon! >_<

This thread was really helpful to me. Thanks guys for all the tips. But I do have one to add. If you can find a program that allows you to hook up a gaming controller to your PC, you can map the 1-5 keys to the controller buttons and not have to ruin the joints in your hands.

What I actually did was map the 1-5 keys to the directions on the control sticks on my controller and then map the left mouse button to the L and R buttons. Then I can just hover the mouse pointer over the "Open" eggs button and sit back and relax, putting the palm of my hand over both sticks and rotating them around and around. Then when the 300 interactions are done, I can just press L or R on the controller to click the Open button and repeat. It makes things much much easier. Even if you're only doing interactions for something other than the achievement, it's the best way to do it. ^_^.gif

--------------------
I only want the first 251 pokemon, but it looks like that may be impossible since it seems I can't get Mewtwo without getting some pokemon I've never even heard of. sad.gif (old school pokemon fan here)
+Quote Post

Ava of Lavender ...
post Jun 21 2013, 05:34 PM
Post #34

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 164 042

Syndrome Minions

It seems as though there's nothing left for me to add to this topic; everyone pretty much stated everything I did to unlock this achievement (finally!). Don't want to do that again!
So good luck to everyone trying to get this achievement! It's a tough one.

--------------------
SPREAD THE LAVENDER TOWN SYNDROME

...YOU THINK IT ISN'T REAL...BUT THEN YOUR CONFIDENCE BEGINS TO EBB...YOUR BROWS CREASE...YOU START TO SWEAT...THE SHADOWS SURROUNDING YOU ARE MOVING...DON'T LOOK AT THEM...FOCUS ON YOUR HEART...IT'S BEATING FASTER...THOSE SHADOWS ARE STRETCHING TOWARD YOU...THEY KNOW YOU'RE AFRAID...THEY'LL SLOWLY COVER YOU AS THE DAYLIGHT STARTS TO FADE...OR THEY'LL STRIKE AT YOU WHEN YOU'RE NOT LOOKING...BUT IF YOU LOOK, BAD THINGS COULD HAPPEN...DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THEM, GATHERING BEHIND YOU...

...STAY OUT OF THE TOWER...IT'S A TRAP...THOSE WHO'VE GONE MISSING WILL STAY MISSING...IF YOU ENTER, YOU JOIN THEM...THE GHOSTS WON'T LET THEM LEAVE...THEY'RE SCREAMING TO GET OUT...YOU CAN'T HELP THEM...THE MAROWAK IS RESTLESS...SHE'S WATCHING YOU FROM THE TOWER...THERE SHE TAKES OTHERS AND TURNS THEM...THEY LUST FOR BLOOD...DO YOU BELIEVE IN GHOSTS?...NO?...OH...THAT WHITE HAND ON YOUR SHOULDER...IT'S NOT REAL...

~Achievements~ (click to show)
+Quote Post

SmokeyMcGee
post Oct 13 2014, 09:08 PM
Post #35

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 90 309

Active Squad

For Me Personally, I Think It Will Be Hard To Complete Because My Internet Connection Doesn't Hold Up Very Well. Especially When My Boyfriend 'Nd I (Plus His Family Members) Are Using The Wi-Fi. GPX+ Tends To Disconnect Us For About An Hour Even If The Internet Returns For Us Within Five Minutes. It Annoys Me Really. I Could Care Less About Completing This Achievement, But I'd Really Like To. Anyway, The Most Clicking I Have Gotten Was 41K. 'Nd I Did Mass Button Mashing.

I Keep My Mouse On The "Open" Tab 'Nd Then Mass Button Mash. 'Nd I Keep Repeating. It Helps Me.

(I'm Pretty Sure This Is My First Post Ever. o-o)

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 04:33 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.