Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
142 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
GPX+ Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Mikaku Onchi
post Jan 5 2018, 08:56 AM
Post #61

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

Regarding shiny hunting in the actual games, I started to do it with Ultra Moon, got almost a box full of shinies already. I've also got some random shinies from other games (mostly Y). However, and I've been having 0 luck with shinies lately, all my latest hunts end up in failure sad.gif

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

Spoiler (click to showhide)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post Jan 5 2018, 10:58 AM
Post #62

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

we talking about shiny hunting

I kinda just randomly decided to SR for a lot of stuff in USUM now that I actually am more into it than I was in ORAS.

So far have Articuno, Cobalion, Mewtwo, Azelf, Nihilego, Buzzwole, Xurkitree, Kartana, Reshiram, and Poipole. I also hatched a shiny Riolu and Own Tempo Rockruff and have randomly hatched at least 3 shiny Popplio by accident.
...Yeah. I may have an issue.

I found Mesprit a little while ago and have been lazily SR'ing for it.

EDIT: I've also been insanely lucky for most of these, Buzzwole appeared in like 11 SR's, and Kartana and Poipole have been the most annoying, and even then I don't think they were that bad.

This post has been edited by The Majestic Mr L: Jan 5 2018, 11:02 AM

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Jan 5 2018, 02:20 PM
Post #63

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

QUOTE(Gigadyne @ Jan 4 2018, 11:53 PM) *
Regarding shiny hunting in actual games: nah, it's not in my top priority. Still, managed to score some nice shinies in Moon with shiny charm: Moody female Snorunt, shiny Ditto, and a Cutiefly.
First two were from SOS chaining, and the latter was my first successful Masuda method shiny.

OK. I'll bite. What is SOS Chaining? And how, outside of breeding multiples to thousands, and that ever so rare and random bump into the wild, can you find a shiny in the games? I haven't found any random shiny in US and it is quite depressing. It seems like every game cartridge (for the 98% most part) I get knows that its me so the shiny Pokemon that randomly gets put into the game (if such a Pokemon even exists) never appears. It truly angers me that I haven't found a random one, and shiny hunting by breeding is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong chore. There must be an easier way, but I've not heard of or discovered it yet.

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Jan 5 2018, 03:28 PM
Post #64

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

QUOTE(Mamanator @ Jan 5 2018, 07:20 PM) *
What is SOS Chaining?

If you've played SM or USUM, something you'll get into an SOS battle, where there's one Pokémon on the field but it can call for help and then a second Pokémon appears. The more times that this happens in one battle, the higher the chance becomes that the new Pokémon will be shiny. So that's one way, but obviously it only works for certain Pokémon which appear in wild SOS battles.
Outside of that, the default shiny rate is only 1/4096 now and you can halve that to 1/2048 with the Shiny Charm, which makes it a lot more possible to soft reset for shinies in some places. You can also breed Pokémon, and there's things like the Masuda method (breeding two Pokémon from different regions) which reduce the rarity even more. There's chain fishing and other obscure methods too. For the most part though it just takes lucl, patience, or both (neither of which I've ever had lol.gif).

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gigadyne
post Jan 5 2018, 04:11 PM
Post #65

Pokemon Breeder
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 164 629

Heartgold Team

As of X/Y, the odds with shiny charm are lowered to 1/1365, ~ 1/1024 for MM breeding.

SOS chaining can net you some nice pokemon with up to 4 guaranteed perfect IVs and hidden abilities, but that's after 40th reinforcement.
This stuff requires ability checking moves like Entrainment and Worry Seed. And a classic False Swipe with Hypnosis or Spore pokemon.

This post has been edited by Gigadyne: Jan 5 2018, 04:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Jan 5 2018, 07:19 PM
Post #66

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

Woah! Thanks for that information! I have played both games (in regular Sun my Pokemon are at level 50s) and have had several SOS battles. Those only go through, at the most, 12 Pokemon before ending. It is nice to know that there is a chance for a reason behind that madness if the chain continues to grow, so thank you for that 4-1-1.

In regular Sun I think the Daycare has that one "special place" where I can just trot around for x numbers of footsteps and hatch my egg fairly quickly. I had done that for a while, but yeah, tend to bore easily from that. LOL

I haven't heard of the Shiny Charm; is it something we can buy somewhere along the way?

As for the Masuda method, I should have Pokemon that I can breed with that intent in mind. I usually breed like Pokemon thinking that works best. Ha! Live a little learn a little, right? LOL

In US I really can't chain fish yet as I only have the basic rod. I'd rather wait until I can chain fish and capture more types and see what develops from that, but thank you for that insight as well.

So many side adventures to have in the games other than the story lines! Who knew?! blush.gif LOL

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Jan 5 2018, 07:27 PM
Post #67

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

HEROES

QUOTE(Mamanator @ Jan 6 2018, 12:19 AM) *
Woah! Thanks for that information! I have played both games (in regular Sun my Pokemon are at level 50s) and have had several SOS battles. Those only go through, at the most, 12 Pokemon before ending. It is nice to know that there is a chance for a reason behind that madness if the chain continues to grow, so thank you for that 4-1-1.

In regular Sun I think the Daycare has that one "special place" where I can just trot around for x numbers of footsteps and hatch my egg fairly quickly. I had done that for a while, but yeah, tend to bore easily from that. LOL

I haven't heard of the Shiny Charm; is it something we can buy somewhere along the way?

As for the Masuda method, I should have Pokemon that I can breed with that intent in mind. I usually breed like Pokemon thinking that works best. Ha! Live a little learn a little, right? LOL

In US I really can't chain fish yet as I only have the basic rod. I'd rather wait until I can chain fish and capture more types and see what develops from that, but thank you for that insight as well.

So many side adventures to have in the games other than the story lines! Who knew?! blush.gif LOL

You earn the shiny charm when you complete the dex and go to speak with the game director in Heahea city happy.gif

Edit: In USUM he even gives you a special outfit hehe

This post has been edited by Mikaku Onchi: Jan 5 2018, 07:28 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

RicFule
post Jan 5 2018, 10:15 PM
Post #68

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

So. Speaking of shiny pokemon, I just hatched my last site bird. All I have left to get are two Iron Shards. Once I get those, I'll have all the Plates and it will be time to go on a series of runs to get my Arceii.

I don't really hunt shiny pokemon in the cartridge games. Female starters, yes. I haven't played much in UltraSun yet, since I was attempting to get all the starters first. And possibly a False Swipe pokemon so I can catch myself an army. I'm just disappointed that the Hold Back Munchlax/Snorlax can't have that move bred down to its children.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gigadyne
post Jan 6 2018, 01:48 AM
Post #69

Pokemon Breeder
Group Icon

Member No.: 164 629

Heartgold Team

Shiny charm debuted in Black/White 2, as a reward for completing the entire National Dex. Alola games lowered the task to completing regional Alola dex instead, since National dex mode was relegated to Pokebank for some reason.

But wasn't chain fishing a gen 6 only feature? Alola changed the fishing mechanics, after all.

And lastly, event only moves like Happy Hour and Hold Back can't be breeded down, only sketched by Smeargle.

--------------------

+Quote Post

RicFule
post Jan 6 2018, 01:53 AM
Post #70

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Gigadyne @ Jan 6 2018, 01:48 AM) *
And lastly, event only moves like Happy Hour and Hold Back can't be breeded down, only sketched by Smeargle.

I know. Well, not about Smeargle, but that they were unable to be bred.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Necrozma
post Jan 6 2018, 09:01 AM
Post #71

Hello world
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 250 262

Active Squad

I'm enjoying being offwork these days. I work in the dishroom at a seminary school, so when the students have Christmas break, the dishwashers don't have to work much at all. We will be resuming more regular working days probably next week, so I'm trying to enjoy these last few days of vacation.

This post has been edited by Necrozma: Jan 7 2018, 08:26 AM
Reason for edit: Please don't ask to identify an egg, it's against the forum rules.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Cryptic Lyric
post Jan 6 2018, 10:20 AM
Post #72

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 49 893

Favorites

The only way I really shiny hunt in the actual games is Masuda method. I did chain fishing in AS, but only for a little bit. Something about riding around and hatching the eggs was just really relaxing, especially if I was already watching a movie or something.

Just got home from the doctors - I have the flu and have to find coverage for work. Which is kind of crap, but it is what it is. I'll take the excuse to have a day off, though.

--------------------

Fan of most things nerdy. Currently obsessed with Critical Role, D&D, Sun Haven. Always in love with Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Pokemon (obviously), and a bunch of other things.
+Quote Post

shadowdark eevee
post Jan 6 2018, 10:38 AM
Post #73

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 72 624

My team

loved what i got fro the new years raffle, did anyone else end up with 2 or more prizes? i got a legend voucher AND a novelty voucher. so psyched!
+Quote Post

Zabimaru
post Jan 6 2018, 03:47 PM
Post #74

I Dream of Ponyta
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 541

FIRE!!!

Ive been playing Ultra Moon a lot. So close to the full dex actually. Even without the shiny charm I ran into (and caught) 2 random wild shinies in 2 days xD Shiny Absol (named Abyss) and Shiny Alolan Sandshrew (called Shiny Boi).

Ive not had any luck since xD

--------------------
+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Jan 6 2018, 06:02 PM
Post #75

It's been awhile since I changed this.
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 506

Active Squad

I finished my Regi exploration and my TBD cooldown isn't up yet, so its time for DotW: round IV. The boosted activity from the SWSH should make it more enjoyable this time around.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Jan 6 2018, 08:46 PM
Post #76

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

HEROES

I was playing a bit of Pokemon UM and found another shiny Quagsire in the Ultra Space Wilds grin.gif But most important than that, I finally found Guzzlord!!! Saved the game in front of it and I'll try for a shiny. Please Arceus, let me catch shiny Guzzlord!! crying.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Vulpix D
post Jan 7 2018, 08:05 AM
Post #77

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 13 782

Random PKMN's

QUOTE(Zabimaru @ Jan 6 2018, 03:47 PM) *
Ive been playing Ultra Moon a lot. So close to the full dex actually. Even without the shiny charm I ran into (and caught) 2 random wild shinies in 2 days xD Shiny Absol (named Abyss) and Shiny Alolan Sandshrew (called Shiny Boi).

Ive not had any luck since xD

I haven't had much Shiny luck since Platinum. Got a shiny Bidoof and Bibarel, as well as a Totodile. Last Shiny was a Garbodor in White. I've never attempted a Shiny Hunt, so They were all random. Just dont have the Patience to wait 600 SR's for a pokemon to change colors.

Most of my hunts on here take a Year as it is grin.gif

This post has been edited by Vulpix D: Jan 7 2018, 08:07 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gato
post Jan 7 2018, 04:00 PM
Post #78

Pokemon Plushie Collector
Group Icon

Member No.: 60 319

Dream Team

I found a random shiny Wingull in my Ultra Sun game. Sent it out on wonder trade. Someone probably had a good day that day!

--------------------

Click on my good friend Jirachi here to visit my eggs and Pokemon!
+Quote Post

Darky
post Jan 8 2018, 03:29 AM
Post #79

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 680

Active Squad

We have hust inished Ultras with my friend. We do not live in the same country.so we just call each other and play together. I had so much fun^__^ Caught a full odds shiny igglybbuff while playing. I've tried sos-hunting two times and it was a sucess. I'll try to finish my dex as soon as possible to hunt even more in ultra.I can have my shiny zorua I've always dreamed.
+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Jan 8 2018, 12:02 PM
Post #80

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

HEROES

Usually I'm clicking on gpx or lurking around tumbr/other sites while SRing in Ultra Moon, but that can be a little boring, at least that's what I think. I don't have a TV in my room and in my living room, where I can watch cable TV it's always freezing, so I prefer to stay in bed with my laptop. So, I'm now SRing Guzzlord and watching anime at the same time, taking the opportunity to finish some series I started a long time ago and never finished because I'm either to lazy or never remember to watch again lol.

I want to ask you guys something. What do you think about powersaves/action replay? I've bought a powersaves some time after I finished Y because I wanted to clone my shinies and give them out to people. I don't really think that's a bigggg problem or cheating nor do I care what people do with it, it's not my problem, but I'm curious. What do you think? Do you guys own one or would like to have one? Are you against it for some reason(s)?

--------------------

+Quote Post

142 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:19 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.