Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Stuff not working
bobosmith01
post Apr 6 2015, 07:50 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 171 484

Active Squad

Using XP and Chrome (Java is upgraded as far as it'll let me on XP), the Shelter, the Trinkets, The Pokedex, Users... and most of the buttons or things that "load" just fail to work. Not sure if it has to do with Java blocking a lot of stuff nowadays, but I can't really do much of anything. I have made sure nothing is blocking it.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Apr 6 2015, 10:53 PM
Post #2

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Note that we don't use "Java" anywhere on GPX, so you do not need to worry about whether it's up to date or enabled... Java is completely different from JavaScript, despite the similar names.

XP is an outdated operating system, but your Chrome browser appears to be up to date... Not really sure what to tell you. Be sure JavaScript is enabled, although the top of the site would tell you if it were disabled in big letters (under the update header) so I'm sure you're fine there. Also be sure you don't have any special Chrome extensions installed that might deal with security and be responsible for either disabling JavaScript or blocking website requests.

I would also say to go ahead and try using another browser like the latest version of Firefox, just to see if the issue is contained solely to Chrome.

Also, just as a final question, is the site always like this for you now, or only once or twice a day and a refresh fixes it?

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

dominiquepokemon...
post Apr 7 2015, 09:34 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 223 828

Active Squad

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Apr 6 2015, 11:53 PM) *
Note that we don't use "Java" anywhere on GPX, so you do not need to worry about whether it's up to date or enabled... Java is completely different from JavaScript, despite the similar names.

XP is an outdated operating system, but your Chrome browser appears to be up to date... Not really sure what to tell you. Be sure JavaScript is enabled, although the top of the site would tell you if it were disabled in big letters (under the update header) so I'm sure you're fine there. Also be sure you don't have any special Chrome extensions installed that might deal with security and be responsible for either disabling JavaScript or blocking website requests.

I would also say to go ahead and try using another browser like the latest version of Firefox, just to see if the issue is contained solely to Chrome.

Also, just as a final question, is the site always like this for you now, or only once or twice a day and a refresh fixes it?

awesome what does this update do

--------------------

my name is Dominique Thompson i am 19 years old i love pokemon oras, smash bros for the 3ds,and fantasy life my friend code is 4485-1562-9527 ign nique my favorite pokemon Shiny mega charizard x
I have these following social media profiles
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter
google plus
Kik
+Quote Post

Spades Slick
post Apr 7 2015, 09:43 AM
Post #4

I think you underestimate the depth of my pettiness
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 57 762

bluh bluh huge bitch

QUOTE(goku super saiyan 8 @ Apr 7 2015, 10:34 AM) *
QUOTE(Zerxer @ Apr 6 2015, 11:53 PM) *

awesome what does this update do

Don't post into a topic unless you're going to discuss or add information to the issue at hand. If you want to know about the updates, all you have to do is click on the topic links in the header and read up on them.

--------------------
[align=center]add me for daily clicks [735/1000]

~:* I love my wife Jen *:~
|

READ THE HELP PAGE OR I WILL STAB YOU

WiiU: drgdgrana (Sm4sh) | 3DS: 1204-0469-8787 | PSN: ghostscreamer[/align]
+Quote Post

Tulaash
post Apr 7 2015, 12:02 PM
Post #5

Tulaash, the Probably-Not-Well-Known
Group Icon

Member No.: 151 005

Some Favorites

I don't know if it is the same as what the OP is experiencing, but I have noticed that on chrome, the site tends to get really slow sometimes, and when it does finally stop trying to refresh or something, I usually get a "No data received" or something similar. But, as I said before, I don't know if it's the same issue as the OP, as he wasn't exactly clear when he said, "buttons or things that "load" just fail to work." By the way, I'm using Windows 7, and I've seen the issue in two different cable companies.

--------------------
“New year, new me,” I say, laughing to my friends. Suddenly, I throw my arms out, golden light erupting from my hands and face. I scream in agony as every single cell in my body is rewritten, atom by atom. Abruptly, the light show ends and I drop my arms, coughing out a golden trail of residual energy. I am completely made new.

I am a Time Lord.

Where is Nebby?

This is exactly why babies should not be allowed to dual-wield flintlock pistols.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Phoenicis
post Apr 7 2015, 02:36 PM
Post #6

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 164 761

Active Squad

QUOTE(Shadow Suicune @ Apr 7 2015, 07:02 AM) *
I don't know if it is the same as what the OP is experiencing, but I have noticed that on chrome, the site tends to get really slow sometimes, and when it does finally stop trying to refresh or something, I usually get a "No data received" or something similar. But, as I said before, I don't know if it's the same issue as the OP, as he wasn't exactly clear when he said, "buttons or things that "load" just fail to work." By the way, I'm using Windows 7, and I've seen the issue in two different cable companies.

Keep an eye on what time this happens, because the stats page updates at :05 and : 35 each hour, and that tends to happen to me at those times. If it does happen then, just wait a minute (or two, sometimes) and refresh the page and it should be fine again.

This post has been edited by PhoenixTears: Apr 7 2015, 02:37 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

bobosmith01
post Apr 7 2015, 03:25 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 171 484

Active Squad

It's funny, because I tried today and worked fine, albeit with some lag. However, I tried at a few different hours yesterday and it was still not able to work, despite it working now. I don't *think* the problem is Chrome exclusive, but I haven't been able to reproduce the unworking results today anywhere, let alone a different browser. In any case, it works now, but I'll see if there's a trigger to it. Thanks!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:06 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.