Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Revised competitive team help
iDash
post Apr 10 2010, 10:07 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 75 789

Active Squad

Typhlosion(Blaze) - Choice Specs
Modest
EVs~ 255 SpA / 255 Spe
-Eruption
-Flamethrower
-HP(rock/ground)
-Overheat
*I intend for him to be a a special sweeper, with registeel possible taking steelix's place, bringing gravity into play, focus blast will defiantly be one of Typhlosion's most effective moves.

Dragonite - Life Orb
Adamant~Inner Focus
EVs~ 255 Atk / 255 Spd
-Roost
-Dragon claw
-Fly/earthquake
-Dragon Dance
*Phiscal sweeper... not much else to say. I defiantly more comfortable adding him as another attacker to my team leaving the support and status affliction to spiritomb and latias.

Spiritomb(Pressure) - Leftovers
Careful
EVs~ 208 HP / 116 SpDef / 184 Atk
-Shadow Ball
-Pain Split
-Sucker Punch
-Wil-O-Wisp
*I want him to be my lead, but if that does not work out I intend to use it to either stall or work as some kind of mixed wall, what do you guys think? In addition to being a lead when ever hitmontop or registeel/steelix are threatened by a super effective psychic/fighting move, spiritomb we'll be there to completely absorb the hit.

Hitmontop(Technician) - Lfe Orb
Adamant
EVs~ 255 Atk / 255 SpDef
-Mach Punch
-Substitute
-Bulk Up
-Fake out
*I want him to be my physical sweeper. I'm debating between life orb and choice band though, what do you think guys? Also I feel like intimidate would better complement the bulk up than technician, that's why i need your criticism guys.

Suicune(Pressure) - Leftovers
Modest
EVs~ 255 SpA / 125 Spe / 130 SpDef
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Hidden Power (Grass)
-Calm Mind
*I see it as being my special attacker/special wall, but I think the EV spread needs work, any suggestions?

Latias(Levitate) - Life Orb
Modest
EVs~ 200 SpDef / 130 Spe / 180 SpA
-T-Bolt
-Dragon Pulse
-Wish
-Protect
*I want her to be my support system, but I can't seem to find a good balance between attacking and supporting moves with her just yet. If supporting doe not work out I can always let her mimic suicune's special attacker/wall role too. Also I wanted to know what a good balance in speed Ev's would be so that she won't fall behind the majority of her dangerous opponents.

Alternates
Steelix(Registeel) - Leftovers
Relaxed~Rock Head
EVs~ 255 Def / 200 Hp / 55 Atk
-Stealth rock
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Gyro Ball
*I want him to be a physical wall, possibly replacing registeel on my team. His Ev spread needs work I think, but besides that I think his moves complement each other. He is also pretty useful to absorb electric attacks, specifically T-wave.

Registeel(Dragonite) - Leftovers
Brave~Clear Body
EVs~ 255 SpDef / 255 Def
-Zap cannon
-Iron head
-Stealth rock
-Gravity
*This is my alternate for steelix. I edited his move set recently to focus on gravity as his main move to make zap cannon always hit, if i decide to keep him here permanently I think I should revisit some my other team members moves to make gravity more useful.

Latios(Latias) - Soul dew
Modest~Levitate
EVs~ 255 SpA / 255 Spd
-Dragon pulse
-Calm mind
-Recover
-Psychic
*This is my second alternate for Latias. If I use him I intend to use him as another special attacker and double as a special wall if possible.

Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause, OHKO clause, Evasion Clause

As of right now this is my plan for my team, but as you can see there are still some things that need to be worked out. I hope you guys can help me find a good way to improve on their move pools,Ev spread, and choice of hold items. I would like to use this team in the OU and UU metagame, but mostly in the OU. I have never been involved in true competitive battling ,aside from a couple of wireless battles with EV trained pokemon. So this I hope this is enough information for you guys to help me improve on my first competitive battling team, thanks in advance.
Weavile

This post has been edited by iDash: May 16 2010, 01:10 AM

--------------------
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv Follow this link to level up my Brawl Card
http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?40552

&&&& &
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

masal52
post Apr 11 2010, 10:44 AM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 461

Wi-Fi Platinum Team

It looks good to me (allthough that doesn't meen much LOL) But 255 evs takes away 1 stat point and 256 evs is impossable.

Oh and only use numbers divisable by 4

This post has been edited by masal52: Apr 11 2010, 10:46 AM

--------------------
My Egg

PLEASE CLICK!!!

Click my Squibys please

http://www.squiby.net/user/Blockman%2052
+Quote Post

iDash
post Apr 11 2010, 12:11 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(masal52 @ Apr 11 2010, 10:44 AM) *
It looks good to me (allthough that doesn't meen much LOL) But 255 evs takes away 1 stat point and 256 evs is impossable.

Oh and only use numbers divisable by 4

thanks for the imput
i can't believe i let the 256 EV's slide by me lol
going to change it right now

--------------------
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv Follow this link to level up my Brawl Card

&&&& &
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Apr 11 2010, 12:14 PM
Post #4

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Personally...

it's a nice team and all, but you need a staller or an annoyer.

Something with high defense that can cause status problems to weaken the enemy.

In a team I would recommend a Physical Sweeper, Special Sweeper, Annoyer, Tank, Tank/Another Sweeper, Healer.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Apr 11 2010, 02:04 PM
Post #5

A New Era
Group Icon

Member No.: 28

Active Squad

You don't need anything specific in a team. As long as they work together, the team will be fine. I run a very offensive team without any real tanks or stallers and I have a pretty good winning record with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

iDash
post Apr 11 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

I see... thanks for the help guys I think I may change things around a bit and see how it works out in some practice battles. Some experimentation on the attacking and defensive ends of battling should help me get my true team ready.

--------------------

&&&& &
+Quote Post

LuxordX
post Apr 15 2010, 01:42 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 93 026

Active Squad

Hey, I'm not really that good in competitive play but i do see some things that could be changed.

First of, Latias, having both Wish AND Recover on the same set is pushing it a bit. I suggest changing either Wish or Recover to calm mind and Psychic to Surf, as the combo of Water + Dragon is only resisted but empoleon and that wonderguard pokémon i forgot the name of :/

2nd, Thyplosion. Even as an al out special sweeper you want Focus Punch > Focus Blast. This hits blissey so much harder if you can predict the switch.

On Steelix you might want to change Double Edge to Explosion. While it may sound as a bad option. This really helps to get rid of a pokémon that really anoys you. Another option would be to run sassy with 0 speed IV's and use gyro ball. Also move all the Def EV's to Sp.Def as it already has an humongous Defense stat.

You said you wanted to use Spritomb as your lead, try using this set

Spiritomb@leftovers
carefull
208 HP / 184 Atk / 116 Sp.Def
Sucker Punch / Taunt
Pursuit / Taunt
Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split

Def EV's aren't really needed thanks to Will-o-Wisp. Taunt stops opposing lead from setting up, and Sucker Punch is just plain awesome. Pursuit might help you revenge kill some ghosts/physics later or severly criple scout leads.

I suggest you to replace Hitmontop with Machamp. This is my personal view, I never did much with Top and only really know Champ as a fighter.

Machamp@Leftovers
Adamant
No Guard
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Substitute
DynamicPunch
Payback
Stone Edge

With no guard, DynamicPunch gets 100% accuracy, and noone likes to be confused. Substitute to prevent statuses and as you probably use it on the switch while they use a counter (why would you switch it into something its weak to right?) to make sure you can atleast fire of 1 DynamicPunch and confuse the opponet. Payback and Stone Edge are for coverage.

The only thing I got to say about suicune is change Extrasensory to HP Electric. Physic is a horible type and should only be used as stab when you have no other options. And Latias and Spritiomb deal with fighting types while Steelix takes on poison types so you wouldn't get any needed super effective hits. HP Electric has some use for this team though. Its scores super effective on guarados, who could easily sweep this team if it gets a DDance up. The HP also scores a critical hit on vaporeon, who can take boosted icebeams all day and throws HP electric back.

Well, this was my rate of your team, I hope it will be helpful.
+Quote Post

iDash
post Apr 18 2010, 08:02 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

o.k. i'll keep that in mind when i make some more changes later on

--------------------

&&&& &
+Quote Post

yoshi3356
post Apr 18 2010, 12:44 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 93 072

active slots execpt 4

nice team
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Apr 18 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #10

A New Era
Group Icon

Member No.: 28

Active Squad

QUOTE(yoshi3356 @ Apr 18 2010, 12:44 PM) *
nice team

please to be reading the rules

--------------------

+Quote Post

iDash
post May 16 2010, 01:12 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

bump
made some changes to their moves and position on the team

--------------------

&&&& &
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:35 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.