Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Rate My Team (RMT) Rules, [Last Updated: 14 February 2010] READ BEFORE YOU POST
Black Ice
post Apr 15 2009, 09:50 PM
Post #1

A New Era
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 28

Active Squad

RATE MY TEAM (RMT) RULES_______________________________________

So yeah, recently this forum has started to degrade in quality and activity. I blame the massive influx of new members due to GPX+. They're scaring away all the serious people who enjoy competitive battling. But anyways, in an attempt to bring this forum back to the level of its early days, I'm going to be making some actual rules and clarify certain things. I expect you all to read and understand these before posting.

Anyways, I'm gonna start off with some suggestions. Not rules, just suggestions. They don't have to be followed but you would still do well to read through them.

Suggestions
  • Don't post six random Pokemon you put together. There isn't really any strategy involved, and anyone can do it. Try to make your team based on something, i.e. an offensive team, a Rain Dance team, a stall team, etc.
  • Tell us the roles of your members. If your Infernape is there to clean up late game, then say so. Explain why you chose your moves, EVs, etc. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it. IF YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR POKEMON'S EVs (or don't know what EVs are), DO NOT POST STATS. Those don't help at all.
  • 3) Be ready to accept heavy criticism. You're posting a team here so people can help you. If you can't handle being told that your team sucks, don't post in this forum.
  • 4) You also might want to state which clauses you're playing, such as:
      1. Sleep Clause - No two Pokemon may be asleep at the same time.
      2. Species Clause - You may not have 2 Pokemon of the same species on a single team.
      3. OHKO Clause - OHKO moves such as Fissure or Guillotine are not allowed.
      4. Evasion Clause - Sand Attack, Double Team, or any move that lowers accuracy is not allowed.
      5. Item Clause - No two Pokemon may hold the same item.
      6. Soul Dew Clause - No Pokemon may hold the item Soul Dew.
  • Pictures. You can find lots of colourful Pokemon art in Arkeis's Pokémon Factory, and it helps spice up your thread.
  • Use legible fonts and colors. It's annoying and stupid if you post a thread nobody can read without blinding themselves.
  • Kinda obvious, but this has happened more than once. YOU DON'T NEED TO POST LEVELS , since the only thing anyone will say is "get them to Level 100". If I see you post levels I will likely get onto you about that.
  • List some problems you know you have with your team. If you lose to Gyarados often, post that. The more we know about your team, the better.

And that's about it for suggestions. Everything below this point must be followed.
Now, onto the actual rules. If too many of these are broken, I'll just close the thread. Because that's how it works around here.

The Rules
  • Post full teams. This means 6 Pokemon, no more, no less. If you can come up with the first 5, then the last one should be EASY. Just decide what your team might have problems with, and try to counter that. You may post previous members of your team, or substitutes, but if you've got 7 Pokemon and you don't say why you've got 7, then your thread goes KAPUT.
  • Limit your threads. Having one active thread is okay. If you've got a thread on page 2, then just bump that one. If you've got a new team, then wait until your old thread dies down or post it somewhere else.
  • Wait at least 72 hours before bumping your thread. Contrary to popular belief, people do check older pages. If nobody posts, then nobody wants to. This also means that you can't bump your thread if nobody has posted in it since the last time you bumped it. You'll just have to suck it up.
  • State which game or generation it is for, and which metagame (OU, UU, Ubers, In-Game, etc.). This is pretty important in deciding threats and moves for your Pokemon. Also state if this is for Battle Tower, or if it is 2v2.
  • Make your post readable. People can't rate a team if they can't read your posts. This means grammar, punctuation, capitalisation, etc. Basically, you should have a general knowledge of the English language and how it functions.
  • Structure. The following isn't set in stone, but recommended for a clean-looking post.

[Pokemon] @ [Item]
    [Ability]
    [Nature]
    [EVs]
    -[Move 1]
    -[Move 2]
    -[Move 3]
    -[Move 4]

[Description of Pokemon]

Example of how this should look in your thread:

Spoiler (click to showhide)
You don't have to follow this, but at least make it look similar to what I just did, and make sure it has all the information needed. AT THE VERY LEAST YOU MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: ITEM (if you have no item, say so), ABILITY (only if there are multiple abilities for one Pokemon) NATURE, AND YOUR FOUR MOVES. If you shirk from any of these then I will probably close your thread. Natures are very very important, and skipping out on them will not help. Same goes with movesets, but I MIGHT be a bit lenient on items. Items are still extremely important though, since having one is pretty much always going to be infinitely better than not having one.
  • For people posting criticism: DON'T JUST SAY "GOOD TEAM, I LIKE IT" OR "10/10 GOOD JOB". GIVE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO ADD OR IF YOU THINK IT'S PERFECT, THEN LEAVE THE THREAD ALONE. PEOPLE POST TEAMS FOR HELP, NOT PRAISE. No team is ever perfect. If I see you do this more than once, I'm giving you a 10% warn.
  • Don't rate a team unless you actually have experience in the field. Don't suggest things without a good amount of reason. Shoddy Battle is probably the best way to gain knowledge on the current metagame, and hanging around Smogon doesn't hurt either. Also, don't rate too many teams in one day. If I think you're stretching it then I'll find a way to take care of it.
  • Final rule! To prove you've read these rules, put "Weavile" somewhere in your post.

Also note that your thread will not appear right away. This does not mean you've done anything wrong, it just means it hasn't been approved yet. You'll know if you've done something wrong when I tell you.

Failure to follow any of these rules will probably result in your thread getting closed. If you break enough guidelines, even if you follow all the rules, then I might close your thread. Just depends on how I feel.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yoshimitsu27
post Apr 20 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 13 870

Active Squad

I'm assuming I'm allowed to post here, since... y'know... It's not locked or anything...

1) Post full teams. This means 6 Pokemon, no more, no less. You may post previous members of your team, or substitutes, but if you've got 7 Pokemon and you don't say why you've got 7, then your thread goes KAPUT.

I'd dispute this rule under certain conditions. If someone posts a thread with one pokemon then asks what to do with the rest of the team, then I'd understand. But if someone's posting a team which they're working on and isn't completed, then why should it be disallowed? For example, say someone has five pokemon and wants a sixth pokemon to help cover weaknesses, but doesn't know the best choice, why should their thread suddenly get disallowed because it doesn't have a full set of pokemon?
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Apr 20 2009, 10:15 PM
Post #3

A New Era
Group Icon

Active Squad

Because I said so, dammit Because they should at least be able to think of another Pokemon and ask whether it works or not. If you can come up with 5, it shouldn't really be hard to come up with another.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yoshimitsu27
post Apr 21 2009, 12:10 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 13 870

Active Squad

I dunno, I've made up teams before and been stumped on what sixth pokemon would be ideal for coverage. It's taken some input to pick the optimal pokemon. *Shrug*
+Quote Post

bigmac
post Jun 13 2009, 12:10 AM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 25 513

heart gold party

i read the rules and i know i messed up big. but i thought i knew how to put pictures on from that website. well i dont. my bad. and the font size i thought would be alright...again my bad. so hoping i can just try it again but know what font size to relly use. size 2?and how do you put pictures on? have no clue. but still would love to try it again

This post has been edited by bigmac: Jun 13 2009, 12:17 AM
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Jun 22 2009, 09:38 PM
Post #6

A New Era
Group Icon

Active Squad

You did post your pictures correctly. Your thread didn't show up because all threads need to be approved by me or any Global Moderator before it'll show up to regular members. This helps hide any threads I don't want the public to view, and to make sure that nobody posts in a thread that breaks the rules (consider that the only kind of punishment you'll ever get from me). Of course because I'm nice I'll always give you a couple chances to fix your thread happy.gif

Oh by the way your thread wasn't accepted because you were missing some information needed, and there's a stupid rule somewhere up there that you missed. I think it's #8 wink.gif

This post has been edited by Black Ice: Jun 22 2009, 09:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sublem
post Oct 16 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #7

Teh Pokémaster
Group Icon

Member No.: 67 236

Active Squad

Sleeping Clause - No 2 Pokemon may be asleep at the same time. Similarly, no 2 Pokemon may be frozen at the same time either.
Species Clause - You may not have 2 Pokemon of the same species on a single team.
OHKO Clause - OHKO moves such as Fissure or Guillotine are not allowed.
Evasion Clause - Sand Attack, Double Team, or any move that lowers accuracy is not allowed. You also may specify if you want Brightpowder to be legal too.

I'm sorry, but, we can't show off OUR teams from OUR games? And we can't have OUR pokes know the moves shown above?

Last time I checked, this isnt a RP forum, why is this a big deal?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Oct 16 2009, 12:48 PM
Post #8

A New Era
Group Icon

Active Squad

Uhhh, what. Those are optional, you don't have to play with those clauses.

Most people who battle competitively do though, to balance out the metagame. And this is generally a competitive battling forum.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sublem
post Oct 16 2009, 01:03 PM
Post #9

Teh Pokémaster
Group Icon

Member No.: 67 236

Active Squad

Okay, I see the "they aren't rules, per se"

This post has been edited by Sublem: Oct 16 2009, 01:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Ace Hardlight
post Jun 13 2010, 11:19 PM
Post #10

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee
Group Icon

Member No.: 75 348

Iron Sights

My Team Isn't A Specific Metagame,It's 4 Ubers,1 OU And 1 NU,So Would I Round It And Say Mine Is Ubers?

--------------------
Hm, seems I'm back, and when I was last here I was ridiculously immature. Sorry 'bout that.
Steel type best type
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Jun 14 2010, 12:49 AM
Post #11

A New Era
Group Icon

Active Squad

If your team has at least one uber then it's an uber team. If your team has at least one OU Pokemon it can't play in UU. If your team has at least one UU Pokemon then it can't play in NU. And so on.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ace Hardlight
post Jun 14 2010, 03:27 AM
Post #12

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee
Group Icon

Member No.: 75 348

Iron Sights

OK,Thanks.Uber Team.Got It.

--------------------
Hm, seems I'm back, and when I was last here I was ridiculously immature. Sorry 'bout that.
Steel type best type
+Quote Post

Da Man
post Jul 9 2010, 10:56 PM
Post #13

Azn persuazn
Group Icon

Member No.: 104 785

In Game

I see that you have to post the complete team, but are you allowed to post Singles Battle Tower teams, say, three pokemon?

--------------------
Proud to be Asian.
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Jul 10 2010, 11:24 AM
Post #14

A New Era
Group Icon

Active Squad

Yeah, just specify that.

--------------------

+Quote Post

SuperInfernape
post Aug 28 2010, 07:12 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 812

Active Squad

My team is not really that great, so does anyone have any ideas to help me with it????

I have:

A bulky water.
A wall/physical sweeper
A mixed sweeper
2 special sweepers
A fast sweeper

Im new here and not really a good battler

--------------------
http://my.gpxpl.us/SuperInfernape

The eggs need you, and so do I.

I do not breed pokemon for IVs, train with Evs or battle competitively. Post this in your sig if you are the same.
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Aug 28 2010, 12:29 PM
Post #16

A New Era
Group Icon

Active Squad

No one knows what Pokemon you have, and what their moves are. It's impossible to rate a team like that.

Go make a thread and read the rules before doing so.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:43 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.