Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
The future of GPX
Dinogrrl
post Mar 12 2015, 11:24 AM
Post #61

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 14 059

The Dream Team

Been here since pretty early on, though I don't think I've ever posted much. I am on GPX+ every day though--if my computer's on, I've got GPX+ open in a tab, and every time I cycle through my tabs I spend a few minutes poking eggs and feeding 'mon. It's been a nice time-waster for me :p. I'd hate to see it go. This is one site where I've actually liked all of the updates that have been made over time, definitely an example of how to improve and not just change things because you can.

Anyway, it's been fun, and I'd be sad to see if go if/when it comes to that.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Elocin
post Mar 12 2015, 11:33 AM
Post #62

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 849

'Nali's Minions

The last six years have been an incredible journey. GPX+ is without a doubt one of the most polished, well-designed, well-managed relaxing gaming sites I've had the pleasure of encountering. I joined back in the middle of '09 and though my interest has wavered with my rl availability, GPX+ is by far the best and most comprehensive pokedex I've ever managed to complete. You guys gave Nintendo a run for their money. GPX+ enhanced my enjoyment of the Pokemon franchise in ways I never even knew were possible.

You guys have all been fantastic, innovate, honest, and wonderful admins and it's been an honor and privilege to game with you all on and off over the last six years. GPX will always hold a special place in my heart. I want to wish all of you the best of luck with your future endeavors. I also want to thank you all for your time and dedication here over the last six years. It's been an amazing run. Thank you for keeping the site open a little longer for the nostalgia effect as well. All good things ultimately must come to an end, but it means a lot that you're willing to give everyone a little more time. Time to finish up, time to get closure, time to say good bye, time to remember. I love the site and I appreciate and admire you all.

So thank you Zerx, BB, Whymsy. Thank you for everything that you've done and everything you still do. And may you all see the successes and enjoyments you've had here once again in your lives. <3

--------------------

GPX+ Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Chespin
post Mar 12 2015, 11:41 AM
Post #63

What?
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 145 266

Mystery Dungeon

I know I've been pretty inactive lately, but going on GPX+ has been one of the best gaming experiences I've been through. The site is masterfully designed and I can tell that the admins care. Also, the community is so inviting and friendly.

Thanks for the explanation Zerxer, I totally understand. I wouldn't mind this site being frozen, I'm just glad you're allowing it to continue. Thanks to all three admins for your amazing hard work. Make sure to stop in every so often!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Mar 12 2015, 11:52 AM
Post #64

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

I'm glad that gpx is not going to get shut down soon, because it's part of my daily routine and I frankly don't know what I would do without it.

I know it was already stated that giving access to the coding of the site is not something the admins are comfortable with, but I think that is the only meaningful way to save the site. If this site is something that should live on when Jeff and Nick don't have the capacity to work on it, then I think that would seem like a better option than a half dead site.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Sofia
post Mar 12 2015, 11:58 AM
Post #65

Kimi kara kamikorosu ka?
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 379

My darlings <3

I'm one of those people who has been around for a long time (February 2009 to be precise). This site holds a very special place in my heart. I spend a good deal of my time here collecting shinies. Not being able to afford a DS, this is the only way I ever learned about any Pokemon beyond Gen 3.

While I would like to see the site continually updated, even stasis is better than nonexistence. I'd rather see no updates and a continuing site than the site going down entirely.

--------------------
Sofia's Shiny Army

Click this link and help me get a hat!

Avid Onix Fanatic
Random Stuff! (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lilium Alice
Post #66

Ahbloogiewoogiewoo
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 532

My Pokemans

It didn't occur to me until reading this just how long GPX has been going on and how long I've been playing it, regardless of the span of time I stopped to handle major changes in my life.

I'm glad that, so far, the site isn't going to be shut down. I've set some lofty goals for myself on here that help time pass by and allow me to unwind at the end of the day. The decrease in activity of a ton of users has been pretty noticeable though, and it feels so weird to look at my pal pad and see several users that I met through the site and became good friends with no longer log on. This is all a part of growing up though. Passions, interests, desires -- they all change and life goes on.

Regardless of what happens in the future, thank you all for taking the time to shape GPX into what it is today. I've had my share of fun and will continue to do so for as long as I can.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Morgoth
Post #67

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 912

Pew pew pew lasers

I'm glad to hear GPX will still be on, at least for some more time to come. I never really joined the community here, but I've been an active clicker since 2009. So GPXPlus means a lot to me. I'd be sad to see it go. But if it would go down, I'd still understand.

--------------------

Credit to Crickee
+Quote Post

Rapps
post Mar 12 2015, 12:38 PM
Post #68

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 388

Active Squad

I can't say I didn't see this coming, even before Wymsy announced her retirement. With no major updates in a few years (except sixth gen of course, I appreciate that was a lot of work but that wasn't really an "update") I kinda figured you guys had lost interest. Not that there's anything wrong with that, people grow, change and move on. I think you did really well to stick with this for as long as you have.

Of course, GPX is part of my daily routine and it has been for the past 6 years. Even without updates, I still like getting on here and doing shiny hunts and other junk. I can't really imagine not checking GPX every morning. I realize that the site may die down if it's no longer updated, but personally I think as long as there are still new explorations added, new novelties and our regular competitions, the site probably wouldn't ever really die out. There will always be loyal fans.

Whatever happens, happens, and I can't expect people to stick with a project they've moved on from. There's nothing more awful than forcing yourself to work on something you're not interested in. I do hope that the site will be kept around though, I really do enjoy it. I've never been an active forum poster because of bad anxiety and other junk but I still enjoy being here and I'd hate to think all of the time I've spent on this website over the past six years may all be erased some day. I still have so much left to do.

Best of luck, whatever happens, it's been a good six years.

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post Mar 12 2015, 02:14 PM
Post #69

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Mar 12 2015, 04:53 AM) *
Without going deeper into it, I sincerely believed that the site was actually going to close down suddenly and immediately. Thus, I released everything I owned. Yeah, really.

I actually visited your profile when you did this, thought you were leaving, and then went to see if you'd posted something about it on the forums. Instead I saw Wymsy's post.

Anyway, still unsure what might happen after those three months of payment are up...
Would donate(even if Zerx said they're not asking for that), but I don't have access to a credit card.

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

Merli
post Mar 12 2015, 02:18 PM
Post #70

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 64 410

Active Squad

I have been on this site for a very long time, I took a long time where I was not active on this site and only recently came back to it. It would sadden me greatly to see the site taken down, but I would respect that decision. I would simply be happy to have the site "frozen" rather taken down entirely.
+Quote Post

Emmagurd
post Mar 12 2015, 02:27 PM
Post #71

Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 116

Mamolicious

As soon as I saw Wymsy's goodbye post, I knew a post along these sorts of lines would be next.

I honestly thought, though, that the site being shut down would be imminent and immediate, so I'm very glad to hear that we've got at least 3 months left of GPX, and then the possibility of it potentially carrying on onto a smaller server. I would miss this site so much, even if I haven't been the most active lately (I'm usually still logging on every day - and have been for the past 6 years).

If it really came down to it, and Zerxer and Big Bidoof wanted to cut ties from the site altogether (which would be understandable - hobbies and interest change over time), maybe others coukd take the site over... maybe the admins could sell it to someone who would update it? I know this sounds like a silly idea, but I don't mean to just anybody - it'd have to be someone here already on the site.

Either way, I'm still happy to have GPX at least frozen. I really do hope we can keep the site going. So many veterans are still here and love the site <3

--------------------

I do gaming videos! grin.gif Please have a look!
Emmagurd's Youtube

My fiancé does gaming videos for Minecraft, PVK and other stuff! Please take a look! grin.gif
DavidiansLair's Youtube

Made by Bonnie Clyde

+Quote Post

Mariocool1999
post Mar 12 2015, 02:54 PM
Post #72

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 136 740

BEST PARTY EVAR

I feel relieved that this site isn't shutting down. I'd love to help run the site, but I don't really know how to code...

--------------------

Sometimes, I wonder why is everything alive...

~The Achievement Association~

+Quote Post

Aringon
post Mar 12 2015, 03:38 PM
Post #73

Aringon
Group Icon

Member No.: 49 884

Active Squad

Well I for one have known this was coming for a long time, the question for me has always been one of when and not if the site will shutdown. I kind of want a new wave of people to come here and revitalize the community, but it isn't likely. Any chance the long in the works Arceus exploration will see its release before the end?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Vladdymoose
post Mar 12 2015, 03:55 PM
Post #74

There's SOMETHING inside your head...use it.
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 196

Peanut Gallery

Well................that stinks. :<

--------------------
There is no need to be so hostile to me. I am nobody after all.
<--my sprite shop|my cover music -->

Kudos to Seravel for making the trainer sprite of me happy.gif
Buttonbuttonwhosegotthebutton?! (click to show)

whitebunny's work (small pics) (click to show)
+Quote Post

Dark Sylveon
post Mar 12 2015, 04:37 PM
Post #75

Junebug ღ
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 292

Active Squad

Thanks for letting us know about the future. I check GPX+ everyday, and have been doing so since 2009. XD would hate to see it vanish so suddenly!

that being said, i understand if it needs to shut down, too. i'll be around until the end, though, for sure!
+Quote Post

Munchlax
post Mar 12 2015, 04:40 PM
Post #76

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 953

Active Squad

I still remember someone advertising this site on the Pokemon community in LiveJournal. I said to myself that if Munchlax wasn't available then I wouldn't bother because I was already addicted to way too many other clicking sites as it was. To my shock the username was available. Funny thing is, I quit visiting all those other sites years ago but still come around here to drop/pick eggs and participate in shiny hunts.

I'm really glad to see the site is still going to exist, and I also really don't blame you guys if you feel you're at that point in your life where you want to focus your attention elsewhere. I wish you a lot of luck in finding new staff that'll help out!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kingis
post Mar 12 2015, 04:49 PM
Post #77

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 89 638

Exploders~ (no pun)

I knew this day would have to come and I still cannot believe it.
Over the past 5 years I spent here (it'll be 5 years in 8 days actually), this site has become a small part of me. I used to check it all the time, now I check it less often, but I still case about it. I have enjoyed countless hours on this site and I'm really glad I had the chance. happy.gif

That said, I understand you guys leaving, it has to be taxing not only keeping this up but also adding new and new features to the site.

Though the last thing I'd like to do before the sites closes is to finish my shint hunts, even though I have 8 of them going on and I haven't hatched a shiny in over 7 months and close to a thousand eggs I believe. I also wish I could transfer all the Pokemon into my new AlphaSapphire (which is my first actual game btw! lol), alas that is impossible.

Edit: Once I actually left for several months but then I got back anyway... that's how much the site means to me... happy.gif

This post has been edited by Kingis: Mar 12 2015, 04:52 PM

--------------------

Also helping edit the GPX Wiki, PM me if you have any information that can be added
Spread the positivity! (GPX+ Appreciation Station)
Kormi#1421 @ Discord (click below to join and say hi!)

Shiny list (144) (click to show)
+Quote Post

Leomon2004
post Mar 12 2015, 04:53 PM
Post #78

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 169 994

Active Squad

There is another site I go to daily which used to be called PokéPlushies and now it is called ClickCritters. Two years ago they announced that they wanted to focus on original content. They started the Fandom Lockdown (Fandom = Pokémon/Digimon/anything that they didn't come up with) which some called the Fandoom. Once the Fandoom was announced, users started dropping like flies. Because Fandom stuff would no longer be released, and would be locked to each specific user's account. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens here. If GPX eventually does get shut down I'll do what another user suggested, save the Image codes of the Pokémon that I have so that they don't entirely go POOF if GPX gets shut down. That being said, I'll continues coming to GPX as long as I can because the site is awesome. Especially the Novelty Pokémon that have been released.
+Quote Post

Charquaza
post Mar 12 2015, 04:57 PM
Post #79

What is this I don't even.
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 340

Team Charquaza

I've been on this site for a while, and while I haven't been on nearly as much as others, I'm really glad the website is going to stay up, even if it is frozen. I've had a really good time here and put many hours into this site, and I have to admit that I'd actually be pretty sad if the site were to go down. But I do understand it probably would happen someday, and that this can't go on forever. Despite that, I will always be sure hold this site close to my heart. Thank you so much for everything you all have done over the years. It has really been appreciated.
I should probably end this here now though. I was never good at writing these kinds of things. sweat.gif
Once again thank you, and here's to at least another 3 months of GPX.

--------------------

Charquaza Stuff and More (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Something is Odd...
post Mar 12 2015, 05:06 PM
Post #80

Hey! Where's the clicker?
Group Icon

From: Not sure, no visible landmarks. Perhaps one of the moons of Venus?
Member No.: 13 801

You're in trouble now

Man, I don't know what I'd do if this site shut down. I've been at it on and off for so long and even now I find myself logging on once or twice a day to check on my Pokemon. Every so often I even go out and mass click just for the fun of it. This site became so much more than a simple website to me. It's odd, in a way, to say it's become a "cyber-home". No matter how many websites I've gone to over the years GPX and GTS have always been constant, daily, and joyous visits. While I never really became fully involved in the community here it's been amazing to see everyone build friendships, and sometimes relationships, through something so simple as this. A gathering of those with a common interest becoming so great a place to be astonishing. That said, when it's time to say goodbye...I just don't know what to say. Words can't explain the hole GPX+ helped fill in me. crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif crying.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:36 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.