Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Return of the Lost
Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 29 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #1

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

OOC (click to show)

Tuesday couldn’t believe her luck. She had walked for a good part of the day, trying to get as far from Petropolis City as possible. Unfortunately, despite her love of walking and her willingness to continue, exhaustion had won over. She simply wasn’t used to this type of traveling. She had been planning to just find a nice place to set up camp, when she met a farmer alongside the road.

He introduced himself as George. He’d been taking a dinner break on the side of the road when Tuesday had wandered upon his cart. Just finished with his meal, he was more than happy to let her sit in the back, since he was headed in the same direction as she was. He’d thought that she would be adverse to sitting in the hay with a small flock of Mareep, but she must have surprised him. She’d never had any qualms about getting her hands dirty (or the rest of her, for that matter).

She’d slept for the first couple of hours, and the farmer – George – seemed perfectly content with the silence. On occasion, she heard him humming a tune, but he left her alone, probably accustomed to the peaceful quiet of his pokemon passengers.

After she had awoken from her rest, Tuesday decided to take advantage of the surprisingly-smooth ride that she had been granted, and she was finishing up her response letter to Jaima.

However, she was aware that it was a rather long letter for someone who she had never met, and who was just being polite by responding to her about the letter meant for her brother. Maybe she was being a little presumptuous.

Sighing softly and stroking Cyndaquil’s back, which earned her a sleepy coo, she read over her letter.

Tuesday's Letter to Jaima (click to show)

Crinkling her nose, Tuesday decided that it would probably be better to rewrite the letter. All she needed was a simple thank you. She didn’t need to go all out like she had, and really, she had no right to. She didn’t know this Jaima, and he probably didn’t want to be bothered with some kid.

A cry of “Swell!” caused her to look up in surprise. She blinked, as the Swellow that had delivered her letter from Jaima appeared, perching gracefully on the edge of the cart. The farmer glanced back momentarily, but didn’t seem concerned, and continued driving the Tauros onward.

“Hello again,” Tuesday greeted, smiling at the familiar bird. She noted that Cyndaquil was also looking at the bird, a strange look on her rodent face. “I just need a new piece of paper, Swellow. Hold on a sec.”

Tuesday set the bum-letter to the side and reached into her bag, rooting for a fresh piece of parchment to write on. There was her sketchbook, now where was her stationary? “Aha!” she declared, successfully pulling free a slightly-wrinkled piece of paper.

She blinked in surprise when she looked up.

The Swellow and her letter were gone.

This post has been edited by Umbrae Calamitas: Apr 29 2009, 09:32 PM

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 29 2009, 10:35 PM
Post #2

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

The week had gotten worse.

Oh, it had started out all right. He'd spent time with Joy. Helped her out when she needed it with the center. He'd investigated the shop and found a water logged, smudged note. The one thing he hadn't done was catch a lead on Ember.

Joy was... well, a joy. However, Jaima began to feel guilty for enjoying the time spent with her. He began, slowly, to pull away, and Joy, understanding the reasoning if not agreeing with it, let him.

He found himself on the outskirts of the city, training more than anything, and that was where Joy found him as well.

"We should talk." Surprisingly, it was Jaima who muttered these often relationship breaking words.

Joy smiled, but the smile was shaky on her lips. "I suppose we should."

Fang continued to cast lightning bolts at the stick in the ground. His aim was improving, and Grondir began throwing up leaves, one at a time, for him to hit. Mercury watched, but also kept an alert ear on her trainer and the girl who wanted him to open up.

Jaima sat on a log, and looked up at Joy. Her smile strengthened, seemingly without her trying to cause it. Mercury shook her head. The girl had been infatuated with her Trainer. Now her feelings were growing stronger, and his...

his were embroiled in his loss. Mercury closed her eyes. She dared, just dared, to peek deeper.

There. Just there. He had feelings for Joy and one other, and it wasn't who Mercury thought it would be. She sighed. In the end, perhaps, the lesson in being an emotions pokémon was this: Someone was always bound to get hurt.

"I haven't been fair to you." Joy blinked, her brow furrowed, but she said nothing. Jaima continued.

"You've been nothing but kind to me, and nothing but patient. And part of me really wants to just..."

Joy looked down. Jaima chuckled. "I have to find Ember, and I have to keep going on my journey. I have to." He looked up at Joy and took her hand. "If I could convince you to come with me..."

Joy bit her lip. Of course she couldn't come with him. She was a Nurse Joy. But for a long, agonizing moment, she was considering it.

In the end, all she could do was turn around and walk back to the pokémon center.

Jaima was packed, but he did stop and put his hand out at the counter. Another hand timidly took his, and he smiled at Joy.

"I'll be back through when I head to Arasam."

"I'll be ready with my answer then..."

Her voice was shaky, and Jaima didn't blame her. He wouldn't blame her if her answer was no. But if it wasn't, he'd be ready.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 30 2009, 01:57 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

"Thank you, sir," Tuesday replied, standing next to the cart. She smiled up at the farmer, sitting on the bench with reins in hand, a kind smile gracing his heavily-tanned face, making his aged wrinkles stand out even more.

"Ya're more than welcome, lass," the man replied, "an' the name's George. Jus' ol' George." He offered that kind smile again, one you didn't often see on people anymore. "Ya sure ya ain't wantin' me to take ya any farther? The missus wouldn't mind if ya stayed fer supper."

"No, thank you," Tuesday replied with a smile of her own. She was pleased by the offer and she had considered taking the man up on it, but he had already done so much for her, even traveling past his turn-off point to take her farther down the road when she had fallen asleep in the back of his cart again. She didn't want to be anymore of a burden. Besides, the sun had only been up for a few hours and Tuesday needed to get used to traveling on foot. It was the perfect day to start.

"Well, in tha' case, I wish ya luck, lass. If ya're ever 'round this way again, ya jus' stop in an' say howdy. Everyone knows ol' George."

Tuesday restrained a giggle of surprised delight when he tipped his hat to her. "I will, Si- George," she corrected herself. "Thank you!"

He waved as he turned the cart around, urging the Taurus onward and the cart ambled calmly off in the opposite direction.

Tuesday stood in the center of the road for a while, just watching him continue on. She was sure by now he was humming one of those tunes again, and she found herself running them through her head. She would probably start humming soon enough, herself.

She looked down at the Cyndaquil in her arms. "What do you think, little fire?" she asked. "Ready to continue our journey?"

"Quil!" the rodent pokemon cried in delight, and Tuesday smiled. As she began walking, she grabbed the two pokeballs, now both back on her belt, and tossed them at the ground. Two bursts of fiery-red light later, Tempest and Dante appeared.

Tempest sniffed the area around her and let out a slightly annoyed, "chuuu..."

"It was just a flock of Mareep, 'Pest," Tuesday assured the errant Pikachu, "and the man was nice enough to give me a ride." She patted her shoulder. "Come on."

"Pi," Tempest replied, crossing her arms and turning her head to the side. Her tail twitched in disdain.

"Quil..." Cyndaquil replied, flames dimming.

"Oh, 'Pest," Tuesday replied. She shook her head. "Fine. Be moody." She started walking again, Dante waiting for her up ahead, having run a few feet in his excitement of being out of the pokeball. Tuesday could almost feel Tempest's eyes on her as she continued walking, but she didn't look back.

She heard an exasperated "Pika!", and then the tell-tale patter of feet, as the Pikachu ran to catch up.

Tuesday smiled. "Good to see you agree," she muttered, just before Tempest sprung up on her shoulder and sat almost possessively, leaning against her head. Tuesday simply grinned. Sometimes Tempest's temper was just too predictable. Maybe I should be a meterologist, she thought, and laughed.

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 30 2009, 08:19 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

It was beginning to get dark when Jaima heard the flapping above him. Immediately he stopped walking, and Fang leapt from his shoulder, sniffing the air. When the shinx began to bounce, Jaima relax. Fang wouldn't bounce for someone he knew would hurt him or his extended pack.

Jaima's theory proved correct when the flapping grew louder, and the unmistakable form of Mr. Postman landed nearby.

"Oh, wait a minute, Mr. Postman," Jaima growled. "What is the big idea taking a letter that I wasn't even going to send? There was some pretty personal stuff in there! You may think it's-"

"Swell," intoned the Swellow, but Jaima paid no heed to the bird talking over him.

"-to just take something and show it to other people, but it's not, it's embarrassing, and that's-"

"Low," the bird interrupted again, a slight smile behind his beak when once again Jaima allowed the bird to talk over him without stopping.

"- even for you!" Jaima stopped then, blinking rapidly, and looked at the bird, the Mercury, who was fairly glaring at Mr. Postman. "What just happened?"

Before Mercury could answer, and she was going to answer, Mr. Postman dropped a letter into Jaima's hand. Jaima sighed. "Another letter? Oh," he said, confused, "it's from Tuesday..."

As he read it, he kept glaring over the top of it at the vested bird. "You see, this is what I'm talking about! She wasn't going to send this letter! Stop doing that!"

Without further preamble, Jaima dug into his bag and pulled out a pen and paper. He turned the bag over and used the back as a desk, and started to write.

Jaima's letter to Tuesday. (click to show)

He folded it, walked to Mr. Postman, and carefully handed it to him. "Don't rush, I know you have a lot to do."

The swellow's eye twinkled, and he was in the air. He passed the sunset, and Jaima was blinded for a moment.

When he could see again, the bird was gone.

This post has been edited by Hungry Hungry Houndoom: Apr 30 2009, 09:43 PM

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post May 1 2009, 01:48 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

"Hell hath no fury like a Pikachu scorned," Tuesday muttered, as Tempest released a final electrical shock upon the Ratatta, sending it scampering fearfully away. Tempest let lightning flash from her cheeks in anger, staring after the rodent with a deep-throated "Chhuuuuu" reverberating past her lips.

The purple rat had attacked them. Tuesday couldn't comprehend why, since she had three pokemon out and visible with her, despite the fact that she would not command the Cyndaquil to fight. She wouldn't have needed to, anyway. Tempest had a fiery-enough personality for any fire pokemon, and even Dante needn't raise a paw.

"Nice, 'Pest," Tuesday commented, as the Pikachu came running back to perch on her shoulder. She glanced down at the Cyndaquil sitting happily in her arms. "What did you think, little fire?" she asked.

"Quil!" the Cyndaquil replied, her fires dimmed so as not to burn Tuesday. She had been frightened when the Ratatta first appeared, but Tempest had jumped to defend them all swiftly.

Such fire, indeed, Tuesday mused.

She was about to start walking again, when Tempest cried out in something akin to a greeting, and Dante pranced where he stood. "Quil!" Cyndaquil cried out, and Tuesday thought she knew the reason only moments before she heard the flapping of wings.

The large Swellow swooped into view and landed before her. "Well, hello," Tuesday greeted. "It's-"

"Swell!"

"-to see you again," Tuesday finished, eyebrow raised. "You do that on purpose, don't you?" The Swellow simply looked at her in what seemed to be amusement. "Yeah," Tuesday said, "I'm pretty sure you do. It's-"

"Swell."

"I was going to say funny."

"Swell." The Swellow clicked his beak and offered her a letter.

"That was fast," she admitted, taking the letter and opening it to discover that it was, indeed, from Jaima. She read it quickly, laughing lightly when she discovered that the Swellow did the same thing to Jaima as he did to her.

"So, Mr. Postman, huh?" she asked, smiling. "You... are an interesting bird, that's for sure." Deciding that she had some time to kill, and that Tempest deserved a nice break from her battle, she sat down on the ground and pulled out her sketchbook and a piece of paper to write on. Chewing on the end of her pen for a minute, she began to write.

Tuesday's letter to Jaima (click to show)

"Here ya go, Mr. Postman," Tuesday said, folding the letter and handing it to the Swellow once she had stood up. She grinned. "Have a swell day."

Mr. Postman's eyes twinkled and he clicked his beak at her. "Low," he dared, and flapped his wings heavily.

Tuesday grinned. "I wonder how far our feathered friend has to fly?" she asked, and then blinked. "Even I don't speak in that much alliteration," she mumbled.

She tried to tell herself she wasn't crazy, when she thought she heard laughter in her head.

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post May 2 2009, 05:25 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jaima was camping. It was a nice night, and though he didn't have a tent, being out of the confines of Lenoilia's gloom did wonders for his outlook. He still had the blanket he'd had before, and had enough clothing in his bag for it to serve as a decent pillow. The air was clear, and the sky was filled with the biginnings of stars. It was a good day.

He'd also thought to pack provisions, gracefully provided by Joy. He was beginning to miss her a bit, so he jotted a note to her, to let her know he was thinking of her, and folded it. If Mr. Postman was willing, he could drop it off to her.

Next, he looked at his pokégear. He hadn't checked it since long before Ember was stolen, and was surprised to see that it was working. He smirked, then dialed Mindy's number. She didn't answer, and he shouldn't have been surprised. She was usually inside by this time, sound asleep. He left her a voice mail.

"Hey, Min. Just wanted you to know I'm still on the road. I left Lenoilia and headed out to Petropolis. I've heard rumors that there's a pokéthief out that way, so if the guy is the same guy who took Ember, then I'm going to find him and have a little chat. Mercury's just as eager, and the rest of my kids want to meet him, too. Unfortunately, I'm moving too slowly to catch up, but if Petroplois is the same size as the map indicates, they must have a pretty big police force.

Hopefully, his having caught Ember after my ball broke won't be a problem. I think there's a rule that says there needs to be time for the original trainer to re-catch if the ball is broken accidently, isn't there?

I just wanted you to know I was safe, and to see how you are. Tell Darryn and Darck I said high, and if all goes well, I'll be hitching a ride to Arasam and we can meet up again."

He clicked off and sighed, leaning back against a rock. Before long, Grondir, Shadow, Mercury, Fang, and Tsunami came from the nearby woods, pulling, carrying, pushing, or, in Mercury's case, floating rocks to put around the fire. Jaima smiled sadly. He hadn't brought matches, and Ember usually started the fires...

They had already gotten some wood and cleared the area (Grondir had done an excellent job of chopping the wood, and Shadow had busied himself with clearing the area), and Mercury lifted the wood into place. Fang looked back at Jaima and winked, then growled.

"SHIIII!!" With a loud snap, lightning came from his tail and hit the bottom of the pile of wood. The spark managed to catch, and soon there was a fire.

"Good job, Fang!" Jaima grinned. "Good job everyone! And now, ze cooking..."

A flapping in the breeze caught Jaima's attention, and he stood as the large, green, vested Swellow landed.

"Oh... wait a minute... Mr. Postman?" He walked over to the bird. "I wasn't expecting you so early!" Mr. Postman simply dropped the note and moved to warm himself by the fire. "Yeah, I guess the temperature is pretty-"

"Low"

"when you-.. OK, how are you doing that?!" Rather than wait for an answer, Jaima sat and read his letter. It put a genuine smile on his face. As he started to write back, Mercury glared at the bird.

OK, it's starting to get annoying! You shouldn't be making him say stuff!

I don't make him say anything, tiny dancer, I simply nudge what he says to amuse me.

And that's wrong! You can't control people like that!

You're taking things far too seriously. I am not hurting him, and he'd laugh if he knew... still, perhaps you're right. Jaima is a good lad, and his mother trusts him implicitly. His sisters, even, have benefitted from his direction, despite his young age. I simply want him to take life less seriously.

OK, we all want that. But stip making him say stuff. It creeps me out.

There was a laugh, and Mr. Postman warmed his wings. This little one was the epitome of her species, just as her mother was. Ah, the poor mother. Serenity would be proud of her daughter.

Jaima's letter to Tuesday (click to show)

Jaima folded the letter and picked up the one he'd written to joy. "Please deliver this. This one goes to Joy in Lenoilia, and this one goes to my pen pal." Mr. Postman nodded and took off, and Jaima went back to make supper.

Before long, he had fallen asleep. Mercury looked over him and sighed, then asked Tsunami to put out the fire. The rest of the team soon drifted off to sleep.

This post has been edited by Hungry Hungry Houndoom: May 2 2009, 05:36 PM

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post May 2 2009, 08:48 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

The sun had long-since set, but Tuesday wasn't sleeping. She had lain her sleeping bag out on the ground and was lying on top of it, arms crossed behind her head and staring up at the stars. They gleamed and twinkled brilliantly in the otherwise pitch-black blanket that was the sky. Tuesday smiled softly, thinking on her adventure so far. She hadn't done much, of course, but she had made a friend, even if she'd had yet to meet him, and she was in the process of hopefully returning a lost pokemon to her no doubt worried owner.

I wonder how many trainers are missing their pokemon, she thought sadly, looking down at the Cyndaquil curled up snugly by her side. She had considered that the Cyndaquil might be Jaima's missing pokemon, but she didn't think that either of them could be that lucky. The thief had stolen tons of pokemon, as was evident by the size of the sack he'd run off with. Fate wouldn't proffer so an easy return of the boy's pokemon. She, in all her omniscient wisdom, much preferred that the mortals subjected to her whim be endeavored with an adventurous trial, of some sort or another.

I think I've been reading too much Lord of the Rings, she mused. I'm starting to associate Fate with something in accordance to a dark lord, a ring, and the fate of the world. She laughed lightly. "Tuesday, you are a strange creature," she whispered softly. She resisted the urge to stick her tongue out at Dante, who chuffed agreeably in his sleep.

Feeling the full weight of exhaustion finally settle itself upon her, Tuesday pulled the blanket over herself and the slumbering Cyndaquil, before finally slipping off into dreamland.

~*~

The flapping of wings, soft though they were on the wind, called Tuesday back from Sandman's Realm, and she opened her eyes to be greeted by warmth and gleaming sunlight. She caught sight of a large vested bird out of the corner of her eye, but resumed to blinking away the grains of sleep, flopping heavily on her back and yawning widely.

The yawn was abruptly cut off with recognition, and Tuesday sat up quickly. "Wait a minute... Mr. Postman?"

"Swell!" the Swellow offered by way of greeting.

Rubbing her eyes, Tuesday adjusted her position to be more comfortable, before blinking at the bright sun. "So... is there a letter in your bag for me, or are you just here for a social visit?"

She could have sworn she saw him roll his eyes. "Swell," he declared, and dropped a letter in front of her.

"Why, thank you, kind sir," she replied, and unfolded the piece of paper, happily reading the news from her new penpal. She finished quickly and, without hesitation, pulled out her sketchbook, with a piece of paper readily tucked inside for just this purpose. As the three other pokemon in her presence began to awaken and give their own greetings to the Swellow, Tuesday began to write.

Folding the letter up, Tuesday rose to her feet and handed it to the patiently-waiting Swellow. He was watching her in amusement and Tuesday was pretty sure he knew of her writing that bit about him waking her up.

"Have a-"

"Swell."

"-flight," she continued, undeterred.

As always, he seemed amused. Fluttering his wings importantly, which made Dante dance in amusement, the large vested bird rose into the air and flew off to make his delivery. Not watching to see him disappear, Tuesday turned to find Dante looking at her expectantly, but Tempest's attention on the trees not far off.

Grabbing her messenger bag and slinging it over her shoulder after she had pulled out her sketchbook, Tuesday crept silently closer to the trees. Indeed, there was a pokemon darting among the leaves... singing.

"What is that?" she wondered. The soft green pokemon appeared somewhat faerie-like, and though it darted among the foliage in what seemed a carefree manner, Tuesday thought she could almost sense a greater purpose from the creature.

Musing silently, as she so often did, Tuesday sat down comfortably and opened her sketchbook. Finding a blank page, she glanced up at her quarry and then quietly began to draw...

OOC (click to show)

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post May 4 2009, 01:03 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

When Jaima awoke the next morning, there was a letter waiting for him on top of the rock that he had leaned against the night before. It, in turn, was held down by a smaller rock to prevent it from being caught in a stray breeze. Jaima pulled it away from the rocks (he constantly worried that he was disturbing a graveller whenever he leaned against a rock, so he was gentle) and opened it to read. Tuesday's letter was a breath of fresh air, and he found himself grinning as he read it.

He also found himself missing his sisters. He'd have to talk to Mr. Postman about that.

Reading on, he realized he'd also have to talk to Mr. Postman about playing funny tricks on people. He'd suspected, but for some reason, Tuesday had noticed. Natu and Xatu were psychic types. He suspected Mr. Postman was also keeping the realization from him. Why Tuesday noticed before he did, he could only guess. Perhaps he was only able to influence those he knew well...

Still further in the letter came a memory of the dream he'd had. It was a good dream, and he'd been happy. In it, he'd been a hero, strong and tall, as he'd never felt he could be in life. He'd rescued people, and given comfort, and been looked up to. All the while, he was accompanied by a small girl and her pokémon, with a light green, smiling being leading them both. Tuesday's description was similar.

Maybe it was Mr. Postman.

He sat down to write as he waited for Mr. Postman.

As he finished the letter, he heard the flapping of wings. He stood, and Mercury came to stand beside him. Mr. Postman flapped to a landing nearby, and Jaima clenched his jaw.

Mr. Postman tilted his head and blinked, then cast a look at Mercury, who crossed her arms. The bird was, to say the least, surprised.

Then Jaima opened up his mouth.

"She hit the floor. Next thing you know, shorty got..."

Mr. Postman's eyes widened, and before he could stop himself, he was flapping his wings, calling out in a descending cascade, "Low low low low low low low low!!"

"How do you like it?!"

You told him.

No, I didn't. He figured it out on his own. But I knew he had.

You could have warned me.

It was
wrong! You shouldn't manipulate people for your own fun. Even if it is harmless!

Tiny Dancer... you are right.

Mercury blinked. In the blink of an eye, Mr. Postman shared his life, and Mercury gasped.

I'm sorry that happened... but you were found by Trainer Mom.

Yes, but she was the one who taught me to use humor to cope. And her name is Midori.

She's my Trainer's mother. She is Trainer Mom.

I see.

You know where Ember is.

I do. But, she has a decision to make, and I felt she needed time away from Jaima, who is even more determined to send her home when he finds her.

Meddling again?

Come now, Tiny Dancer, You know as well as I that sometimes you have to nudge things in a certain direction...

Yes, but I don't like it. Trainer Jay is smart.

He is also human. Nothing will be harmed by prolonging their meeting. He's already come to a decision, to let go of his father's death and define himself for himself. His mother hoped this would be so. And your mother... well, once I knew he would come here, I made sure she waited as long as she could.

Yo- you knew mom?

Serenity was a beautiful soul. She would be proud of you, Tiny Dancer... And Luna will be, too, should you meet.

Luna?

Your sister. The Kirlia who was so nice in your memories.

... How..?

Midori knows Kumon, and I would deliver letters to him for her. Kumon is actually her old childhood friend. I met your mother on one of those trips. In fact... Mercury... I am your father!

No..! It's not true!!

... You're right. We can't even breed. But you should see the look on your face!

The entire conversation had taken mere seconds, and Jaima was surprised out of his anger by Mr. Postman flying backwards, not of his own will, and hitting a tree.

You deserved that!!

So I did. But you'll smile over it later.

"Look," Jaima said, shaking his head at what he felt was a pratfall by the bird. "I'm not mad that you did it, I'm mad that you were forcing me to. So... I'll make you a deal. You can influence me to say that line from the song... but no more alliteration. Deal?"

"Swell," Mr. Postman nodded. Taking the letter, he flapped into the air.

How soon can Trainer Jaima be with Ember again?

She's actually quite close. Don't worry, it will be soon, and I won't delay the natural progression toward each other. If she doesn't decide what she wants, I will talk to her.

Straight Flight, you perverted old rooster.

Be well, Tiny Dancer.

This post has been edited by Hungry Hungry Houndoom: May 4 2009, 12:07 PM

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post May 4 2009, 01:48 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Tuesday was humming a gentle tune (one of the one's she had picked up from George), as she scooped the scrambled eggs off of the frying pan and into four separate bowls, three of which she placed in front of the pokemon with her. "Dig in, guys," she said happily, picking up a fork and scooping breakfast into her mouth, somewhat greedily. She watched out of the corner of her eye as the three pokemon dug in likewise.

They had put off breakfast for a couple of hours, spending their time regarding the pokemon that continued to flit among the branches, calling their attention with what must have been some measure of magic. Tuesday had sketched three pictures of the pokemon, before it had finally disappeared. To where, she did not know. One minute it was there, the next, it was gone.

As Tuesday ate her eggs, she regarded the three sketches with a curiosity that would have made Professor Oak proud. She intended to send one of the photographs to Professor Oak, along with a letter that was late in being written to her Shalafi on her progress in her "field work," as she liked to think of it.

She was still lost as to what the pokemon was. She didn't have a pokedex, but for some reason, she doubted one would have helped, anyway. As she flipped the pages in her sketchbook, looking at the third picture, she heard the distinct flapping of wings on the air and wondered vaguely if she should try to catch a bird pokemon next. She didn't know what pokemon were available within this region which were bound by the element of air, but she thought that having a pokemon that could fly might be beneficial.

She was about to grab a vacant pokeball off of her belt when the source of the flapping came into view and she blinked in recognition. "Wait a minute... Mr. Postman?"

"Swell!" the Swellow replied, landing before her with a wave of dust flying around him. Tempest, sitting nearest, sneezed violently and chuffed in annoyance. Ruffling his wings in amusement, Mr. Postman dropped a letter before her.

"Thank you, my feathered visitor," she replied curtly, smiling as she picked up the letter and unfolded it excitedly. She pushed her half-finished bowl of eggs toward the patiently-awaiting Swellow. "Would you like some breakfast, Mr. Postman?"

"Swell!" the pokemon replied in what Tuesday assumed to be thanks, and she turned to the letter and he began to nibble on the scramble eggs offered him.

Smiling as she read, Tuesday eagerly pulled out a blank piece of paper and began to write back.

Folding the letter up, she handed it to Mr. Postman, along with one of the pictures she had drawn of the pokemon she'd seen. "Could you deliver this to Professor Oak?" she asked, handing him another letter. "If it's-"

"Swell."

"-with Jaima, that is. You should deliver his first."

"Swell," he replied, taking both letters.

"Thanks, Mr. Postman," she said.

"Swell." And then he took off.

Tuesday wasted no time in cleaning up their camp and breakfast dishes. When they were completely packed up, she whistled for her companions and headed off. She hummed a light tune as the three pokemon followed her. Thinking about what Professor Oak might have to say about the pokemon she had seen, she never saw the pokemon until it had already run up and struck her in the side. Thrown roughly to the ground, she looked up to see a large yellowish-green pokemon standing above her, a wide leaf on its head and anger in its eyes.

"Bay!" it cried angrily, and Tuesday wondered if it was just naturally aggressive, or if it was being territorial and she had somehow invaded its home. "Bayleef!"

"D-Dante," she stammered, as the large pokemon took a step toward her, growling, "Tempest. We've got trouble."

OOC (click to show)

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post May 5 2009, 05:34 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jaima passed around dried berries and, for Fang and Shadow, tauros jerky. It wasn't much of a breakfast, but he didn't know how much longer it would take for him to get to Petropolis. Rationing didn't seem to be a bad idea.

Shadow sniffed his jerky and ate it calmly, but Fang wolfed his down. He had been training intently, and it was showing in his appetite. Grondir preferred the berries, but only needed a good sun beam and to ingrain. He had used the latter as he slept, and was, therefore, the least hungry in contrast.

As he finished doling out the food (and he didn't so much ration as just give the cheaper items first), his team was happily fed and content. He put away the packages, then combed Fang and Shadow's fur. Mercury helped by scrubbing Grondir's hide, and washing Tsunami's skin, with help in both jobs from Tsunami's water gun. Finally Jaima took a wet clothe to Mercury's crest and his own face, and they were ready.

That was when Mr. Postman flapped down for a landing. He seemed chipper, and Jaima smiled.

"Oh, wait a minute, Mr. Postman. I have some leftover berries, if you'd like.

No thank you, Jaima. I've eaten.

"Holy CRAP, you can mind talk?!" Jaima chuckled and shook his head. "Of course you can mind talk. What was I thinking."

He can teleport, too.

Mr. Postman leveled his gaze at Mercury. Try not to give away all my secrets, Tiny Dancer...

Jaima took Tuesdays letter as the argument between Mercury and Mr. Postman heated, and sat and read it, calmly. He smiled. It was a lot like getting a letter from his sisters, except she was much calmer than the two.

He missed them. He'd have to get a letter to them, since he was now out of Lenoilia.

He had avoided letters to them, and to Meiko, because he'd have to tell them about Ember, but Tuesday's words from her first response to him came back. Hiding from the fact would only make it worse. He penned them first, short little things that only gave the facts and little else. He also carefully avoided the subject of Joy. It seemed callous to include the fact that he nearly got a girlfriend in the same letter that he told them he'd lost his first pokémon. It also seemed weird telling that to Meiko at all.

He finished them and pulled out one last piece of paper. He spent much longer on the letter to Tuesday than he did in his letter to his sisters or Meiko (he'd also sent a note to his mother, but realized that, with the phone call, he had little else to say. He did mention Joy, and Tuesday, but did not dwell on the subjects.)

Jaima stood and stretched, watching as Shadow launched a kick at Mr. Postman, who countered with a whirlwind, which was blocked and countered by Mercury.

Jaima stood and cleared his throat. He still hadn't gotten their attention.

Finally he sighed. "I've been standing here waiting, Mr. Postman, so... so patiently..." He raised a brow, and Mercury began to giggle as Mr. Postman looked at Jaima in what bordered on shock.

"Yeah, it was one of Mom's favorite songs, I remembered a few lyrics. Can you deliver my letters, please?" He held the letters up once by one. "This is to the twins. This is to Mom, and this is to Meiko." Mr. Postman took the three, then took off. "Hey! Wait a minute, Mr. Postman!" He was gone, however.

"Great. I'll just have to wait for Tuesday to get her letter..."

It was then that he heard the loud cry of a Bayleef, and a commotion. It seemed to be on the other side of a stand of trees that marched the center of the road. Jaima crossed, and saw a blonde girl in brown being attacked by the angered bayleef. Just as he began to step in to help, Mercury's mental gasp stopped him, and a gout of flame came from the rear of the bayleef...

TO BE... CONTINUED!!! (by Tuesday... :P)

(..;. the character, not the day...)

This post has been edited by Hungry Hungry Houndoom: May 5 2009, 05:40 PM

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post May 5 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Tuesday couldn't explain the anger in the pokemon's eyes. She couldn't explain it, but she could recognize it, and it made her insides chill with fear. She had seen that same anger once before, and her mind recalled that incident so easily that the image before her was replaced with the cruel eyes of a man and a giant rodent, flames jutting out of the back of the creature as it towered over her, opening its mouth wide to release a fiery attack. Not at a pokemon, but at her. Her. A human.

But just like then, this time, someone intervened.

"CHAR!"

The memory was burned away as though it were made of paper, and Tuesday, curled up in a ball on the ground, watched out of the corner of her eye as the Bayleef was knocked off of her feet by the force of the fiery attack. Dante, as before, had defended his trainer and friend. And as before, Tempest was quick to join in.

"CHU!"

Tempest didn't know a great many electric attacks, still being young, but she did know a few, and she used what Tuesday recognized as her Thundershock attack on the Bayleef, before dropping to the ground and darting around her opponent in an impressive attempt to draw her attention away from Tuesday.

Right. On your feet, girly, she mused, and came out of her defensive position, rising to her feet. Unfortunately, this drew the Bayleef's attention right back on her, and Tuesday swallowed convulsively. "Oops."

"BAY!" the pokemon cried, and abruptly whipped her head around, the leaf on her cranium spinning and releasing a series of sharp leaves that whistled through the air. "Razor Leaf," Tuesday whispered, and then abruptly kicked herself for going researcher in a dire situation. "Dante! Ember!"

"Char!" Dante declared, leaping forward with his mouth open wide and blasting off a sharp fire attack. Tuesday ducked down, despite her faith in her pokemon's attack. It was a safe, but unnecessary maneuver, as Dante's ember attack destroyed the leaves ere they were able to reach Tuesday.

Rising back on her feet, Tuesday regarded the cold eyes of the Bayleef. Both of them were still, staring at each other, and Tuesday didn't quite know what to do. She could try to walk away and hope that the Bayleef would take it as it was: her unwillingness to fight. That might only work if the Bayleef was being territorial, however, and perhaps not even then. The Bayleef might still attack her. Tuesday didn't feel like standing her, waiting forever, but neither did she want to initiate the next attack. She wanted to avoid a confrontation, if possible.

The Bayleef made the decision for her.

Two thin, green vines extended from the Bayleef's sides and raised over her head. Tuesday and the pokemon with her regarded them warily, wondering on the Bayleef's plan of attack. She prepared to run, in the case that the vines were meant for her.

They weren't.

With another fierce cry, the Bayleef whipped the vines down fiercely on either side of her, one striking Dante across the face, then other throwing Tempest off her feet and into a nearby tree. The two threats (and Tuesday's protectors) taken care of for the moment, the Bayleef turned to the human before her and charged.

Tuesday had a fleeting thought of Legolas, as he cried out to Aragorn and the rest of the Fellowship about the incoming crebain, and then her thoughts abruptly grew a voice, and a deep rumbling growl demanded, Fly, you fools. Deciding that the word of a wizard was sound advice and probably in her best interests, she turned to run swiftly in the opposite direction.

This, of course, was not to be permitted.

The Bayleef was quite adept at using Vine Whip. Tuesday supposed that this made sense. The pokemon was, after all, born with the appendage. It made sense that, over the years, she had grown as accustomed to its use as Tuesday was of her arms. That certainly didn't make Tuesday happy, however, as a slender vine caught her ankle and she fell face-first into the dirt. It might have been funny, if not for the circumstances. Tuesday rolled onto her back to see the Bayleef running at her, large leaf on her head beginning to spin angrily.

"Oh, Valar," she murmured, barely registering the reference herself, as her fearful eyes locked with those of the pokemon charging her.

Once again, however, someone intervened, as the Bayleef was suddenly silhouetted against a background of fire. However, much to Tuesday's other shock, it wasn't Dante.

"QUIL!"

The Bayleef let out a cry that seemed crafted from the mating of fear and agony, as the flames licked at her yellow-green flesh. Ducking down in an attempt to avoid the blast, the pokemon decided that the safer bet would probably be to run far from her attacker.

And so she did.

Turning tail swiftly, leaf flattened against her head, the grass-type pokemon bolted. Unfortunately for her, she ran right past the tree that had been the only cushion for a far-flung Pikachu in a very bad mood. The Bayleef realized the error of her ways moments too late, as Tempest let out a vicious "PIKA!" and then blasted the offending creature with an impressive Thundershock.

Yelping like a wounded Poochyena, the Bayleef quickened its pace and swiftly disappeared. Tempest stood staring off in the direction she ran for a time, chuffing angrily, as Dante, apparently deeming this a victory, danced in happiness.

Sighing in relief, Tuesday rose slowly to her feet, finding herself somewhat sore after having been knocked to the ground. She found that her elbows were skinned and glared unhappily back at her, and her clothes needed a desperate wash, now that she'd slid through dirt. Still, that could all be remedied later, and Tuesday turned to the pokemon that had saved her a great deal of pain, and possibly her life.

"Hello, little fire," she said, stooping and picking the Cindaquil up. "I suppose I may need to change your nickname a bit, as little doesn't seem to fit quite so well, from that display. You pack a punch in that little body of yours, don't you?"

"Cyn!" the Cyndaquil declared happily.

"Thank you, my friend," Tuesday whispered. Rubbing the Cyndaquil's head affectionately, she sought her other two companions with her eyes. "Tempest! Dante! Let's get out of here, before that Bayleef decides to come back with friends." She sighed, her shoulders dropping. "I don't imagine that would be a pleasant-"

She was cut off abruptly by her surprise at turning to find someone watching her. He was slightly older than her, if she had to guess, though she would have looked far younger than she was because of her height, so she really shouldn't judge. His blonde hair was long, from what she could see, and held back in a tight braid. Her focus was on his eyes, however, which were a deep blue and concentrated solely on her. Her jaw tightening in anxiety, she took a cautious step back and had a sudden overwhelming fear that this boy was the Bayleef's trainer.

But not even Gandalf's words could make her move this time.

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post May 5 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jaima saw the battle and had almost sent in Grondir to help, but the cry of a cyndaquil, followed by a wall of fire that rivaled any he'd seen from a quilava, distracted him.

Ember was standing in front of the blonde girl, glaring fiercely at the now fleeing bayleef. He could tell it was Ember by the shape of her snout, the differentation between the brown and tan fur. The fire on her back was flared out larger than he'd seen, but the rest was completely familiar to him.

His chest constricted, and he felt his eyes begin to water. He tried very hard not to break down, but he couldn't help it. He found himself sitting.

"Ember."

Without warning, or direction, the rest of his team dashed to the cyndaquil. The charmander and pikachu who had come with her stepped between them. Fang and Shadow stepped forward, bristling.

Jaima's own emotional cascade was halted as his team took an aggressive posture. Before he could stop the confrontation, Grondir stepped between the two opposing groups, waving his vines and hissing. Jaima's eyes narrowed. Grondir was protecting the girl.

He stood, as Mercury moved to play peacekeeper, a role, Jaima thought, that was usually Grondir's.

He finally noticed the girl, now holding Ember in her arms. Things began to click into place in his mind. She said that she had a charmander and a pikachu. She said that she had recovered a pokémon from a thief. She said that she was travelling to Lenoilia from Petropolis.

He stepped forward. "All right, break it up!" He used his "big brother" voice, the one that had always gotten Mariko and Natsume to obey, the same voice that had forced Ember to think instead of reacting in the fight against Lemonade. It had the same effect on the rest of his team.

"Behind me. Grondir, put those things away! Fang, if you bear your teeth at the pikachu one more time, you are going into the ball! Shadow, down! Mercury, you- actually did the right thing, I'm not mad at you! Tsunami, good girl!"

He took in a breath and let it out, then knelt, not too close to the girl, and definitely not too close to her team, which was still bristling. The pikachu especially was glaring at him.

He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper. "I'm thinking you're Tuesday. THis is for you." He held the paper out, and smiled. "I'm Jaima. It's very, very nice to meet you."

As he spoke, Ember squeaked and leapt from Tuesday's arms into Jaima's, and he hugged her to him. "I guess I have you to thank for this, too."

This post has been edited by Hungry Hungry Houndoom: May 5 2009, 09:13 PM

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post May 5 2009, 09:47 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Tuesday didn't understand the boy's reaction. The tearing up of his eyes confused her and she couldn't comprehend the reason for it, unless he thought that she was someone else. A movement in her arms, however, caused her to look down and consider that maybe... maybe he wasn't looking at her.

She was about to ask if perhaps he had just come from Lenoilia, when he muttered something under his breath, too low for her to hear. Not a moment after that, his pokemon darted forward at her.

Fear rising within her like a tide, Tuesday staggered back, preparing to be attacked on all fronts, facing too many enemies and no Professor Oak to save her this time. Tempest and Dante darted in front of her, the Pikachu crouched low to the ground and hissing, while Dante's tail flame burst angrily into a blaze and he bared his teeth in a manner that didn't befit him, snarling loudly. Tuesday restrained a whimper and retreated another step, but was frozen in shock when the boy's Bulbasaur leapt forward and turned its back to her, waving its vines around and talking back to its own team.

He's... defending me?

A strange floating pokemon moved forward and Tuesday reflexively tightened her grip on the Cyndaquil in her arms, but not enough to hurt the pokemon. For her part, the Cyndaquil made no move to be either aggressive or fearful, but seemed to be studying all aspects of the confrontation.

Tuesday wasn't quite sure how to take that.

"All right, break it up!"

Tuesday jerked slightly at the sudden voice, but the tone of it wasn't so aggressive as simply... commandeering. It was the same way that Brone had lectured Cassandra, back when she was still an Abra and had a rather mischievous side. She enjoyed taking items of sentimental value and teleporting them throughout Pallet Town. When she had taken some of Brone's medication, he had finally used what Tuesday had deemed his "Commander Brone" voice. He didn't have to use it often after that, and not once since Cassandra had evolved.

Hearing that tone of voice from this boy was mildly reassuring, but she still found that there was fear present within her heart. So it was that she regarded him with a cautious eye, watching for his next move, much like she watched Brone as he planned his next Chess maneuver. If the boy made one aggressive motion, she was prepared to run.

Instead, however, she found herself floored by what most would call happenstance.

She blamed Fate. And subsequently thanked Her.

"Behind me. Grondir, put those things away! Fang, if you bear your teeth at the pikachu one more time, you are going into the ball! Shadow, down! Mercury, you- actually did the right thing, I'm not mad at you! Tsunami, good girl!"

Grondir, Fang, Shadow, Mercury, and Tsunami, Tuesday's mental voice whispered in her ear. I know those names. I know them. She latched her eyes onto the boy's face, trying to find something about him that matched the words she had been reading in letters of late. If there was ever a time for your hand to reach far, Fate...

The boy dug into his pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper, holding it out to her. "I'm thinking you're Tuesday," he said, and she reached out tentatively for the note, as he said, "This is for you." As she opened the letter and saw the familiar and utterly-welcome handwriting, she knew who he was before he even offered, "I'm Jaima. It's very, very nice to meet you."

Tuesday blinked. She knew, but was surprised, and so she didn't react right away when the Cyndaquil bolted from her arms and leapt into Jaima's embrace. She watched as though from a distance as he hugged her tightly, his eyes filling up with tears again, but she thought she knew why, this time.

"I guess I have you to thank for this, too," he whispered.

For a time, Tuesday just watched him hug the Cyndaquil, contemplating. Odd. She wasn't disappointed. Quite the contrary, she was utterly pleased. She couldn't believe it was that easy, though. She had considered the idea, but had blown it off as being far too much of a coincidence. Once again, however, Fate had touched her life, and it turns out she was becoming close friends with the trainer whose pokemon she unknowingly escorted back to him... Very, very odd. It all felt rather anticlimactic.

But, she mused, perhaps I'm still in shock over the battle. Being attacked by a pokemon was probably something that other trainers had endured, but for Tuesday, the incident struck a cord of fear and brought the past to the forefront of thought. Too many possibilities and near misses. It was disturbing.

She shook her head and brought herself back to the present. You found the Cyndaquil's trainer, met your new "big brother," and survived another day out in the field. You did well.

Taking a deep breath, Tuesday let out a sigh of relief that seemed to take all of her worries with it, and she turned a smile onto Jaima. "Just... doing what's right," she said, thinking back to her latest letter to him. He would know what she referred to, no doubt.

The smile still on her face, she rose to her feet and sought for her own pokemon. Dante, sensing that the danger was past, had wandered off to study a flower some yards away. Tempest, on the other hand, being her distrusting self, was sitting at Tuesday's side. She was no longer hissing, but her fur had not yet settled completely, and Tuesday knew it would take some time for Tempest to grow accustomed to Jaima, even if Tuesday already trusted him.

"It's all right, 'Pest," she said softly, and flicked the Pikachu's ear.

Tempest let out a mock-annoyed "Pi!", before darting up to sit on Tuesday's shoulder. From her vantage point, she regared the boy and his pokemon, narrowing her eyes.

Tuesday knocked her head against the rodent, earning her a potent Pikachu glare. "Hush," she murmured. "These are, believe it or not, friends. Now be nice, or I'll have to put you back in your pokeball." Not that it will hold you.

Deciding that she was being rude, she turned her attention back to Jaima. "It's very nice to meet you, too, by the way, though... surprising. I hadn't thought you were so close and I suppose I wasn't in the greatest position to meet someone." She gave something of a sheepish grin as she thought of herself curled up in a frightened ball on the ground, shivering in fear. Can you say "pathetic?" "So... um... wherefore art thou headed now?"

This post has been edited by Umbrae Calamitas: May 5 2009, 09:47 PM

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post May 5 2009, 11:15 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jaima wiped his eyes and smiled. "Well, I was going to head to Petropolis, but I don't have to now." He stroked Ember's head, and she pressed up against his arm. "Hey," Jaima said, blinking, coming out of his reverie, "Are you OK? That bayleef was pretty ticked off." He looked at Mercury. Keep a watch, Mercury.

Way ahead of you, Trainer Jaima.
Her mental emotion was quite the same as Jaima's; happy, near tears, and proud of the team.

"Wither goest thou, young scholar?"

"Wither thou goest, young celebi..?" The voice was deep and reverbrated, but was felt by only one. She laughed.

"Oh, you know, hither and yon. I've seen the most interesting humans of late!"

Dialga looked down from his lofty perch in Time, his face grim. He normally enjoyed Celebi's visits, but today his mind was elsewhere. "The OmniGlass has been stolen, little one. I have little time for the Humans as it is... now..."

"Stolen?" Celbi's voice, usually light and airy, took on an almost professional tone. "Who? How?"

"The how is a mystery. I suspect that Darkrai is behind it, somehow. The only thing I know if the Who is that it was a human, and he had some kind of protection. I couldn't touch him." He growled deep in his throat. "It is taking all of my concentration to keep him from changing the flow of time permanently."

"What can we do?"

"We, little one? It is not your task to guard time. It is mine, and I have failed."

Celebi scowled. "You need help." She said it so matter of factly, so fiercely, that Dialga was taken aback.

"If I could not touch him, I don't think you will be able to, either."

Celebi looked far off, revisiting her day. "Perhaps no pokémon can touch him... but I think I know who can help us." She turned and smiled, a beautiful smile, at the Time guardian. "Leave it to me, Di."

"- So why don't you travel with me, Tuesday..?"

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post May 5 2009, 11:38 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

"Wither goest thou, young scholar?"

Tuesday felt excitement well up within her. Sometimes she spoke before thinking and prattled off something literary, in this case, Shakespearean in nature. Most people either didn't catch the reference or had no time for perceived trivialities. Jaima, however, neither scoffed nor glared, but regarded her with a similar flare. Whether she had found another literature-obsessor or not, she had found someone knowledgeable enough to keep up, and open-minded enough not to judge her. She was content.

"I was planning to head to Lenoilia next. Or rather, pass through it on my way to Arasam."

He offered her a smile that she happily returned. "So why don't you travel with me, Tuesday?"

At this, she openly grinned. "Really?" she asked, almost not daring to doubt. At his nod, however, she couldn't help but give a bit of a jump in happiness (something that Tempest didn't appreciate). "That would be wonderful!" she cried. "And we won't have to wait for hours for a response," she laughed, "unless you plan on not answering me until Mr. Postman shows up again."

She smiled happily at the Cyndaquil in Jaima's arms, glad that they were together again. Her mind turned back to the Bayleef, though, and she thought about her earlier desire to leave this place. That feeling still stood, but she wasn't certain that it remained for the reason it had been born. There was something here that made her feel off. It was... not cold, but it had a chilling effect on her. This didn't happen very often, but on occasion, she would get bad feelings that she almost always listened to (bad things tended to happen when she didn't). Brone was the psychic one, but as Cassandra said, such powers usually manifested in generations. Tuesday was, by no means, psychic, but she apparently held a strong level of intuition that she didn't feel like disagreeing with at the moment.

Unfortunately, Time did not appear to be on their side.

Just as Tuesday was about to reveal her desire to leave to Jaima, there was a great burst of light before her. Her pupils dilated (she swore, she could almost feel it happening), Tempest hissed in fear and shock, Dante let out a cry and scrambled over to Tuesday, and she, for her part, fell flat on her butt.

The bright light lasted for mere moments only, before fading, as though sucked into the form that hovered before them. A small creature, reminiscient of plants, insects, and faeries, with light green skin and a carefree air, but also one of purpose. How conflicting...

The pokemon raised its head and regarded the both of them for a moment. The silence was palpable, until the creature's voice echoed within all of their minds.

"Jaima Kuonji, Tuesday Berdison," the pokemon began, its voice soft and innocent, but burdened by age and deep understanding, "I am Celebi, a Keeper of Time, and I come to you begging for your aid. And I expect you to help me, or I'll unleash the fearsome puppy dog pout on you. I'll have you know, I'm quite good."

Tuesday blinked in surprise. She was accustomed to mind-speak from psychic pokemon, so the Celebi speaking had surprised her but a moment. Her words, however...

Tuesday turned to look at Jaima. She wondered what he thought of all this...

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post May 6 2009, 12:05 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jaima's mind was, oddly, relaxed. He knew, deep down somewhere, that he should be panicking, but for some reason there was an aura of calm around all of them, human and pokémon alike.

Mercury squirmed next to them, and Celebi turned to her. "Don't be afraid, I mean your trainer nor you, nor your team harm. Unfortunately, I can't say I won't be putting you in harms way."

"You'll forgive me," Mercury said, acidly, "if I'm not comforted.

"Of course. My name," she said, floating placidly before them, "is Celebi Horatio Quark. You won't remember that silliness of a name, however. You will think I was an odd little fairy sprite who came to you in a dream. But for now, I need you lucid, and I need you thinking. We're going to take a trip, if you agree to it. I can't tell you why, but I can tell you it's important, and I will guide you. I can't be with you the whole time, b ut I'll make sure you are where you need to be."

Her eyes turned pleading. "Please. I beg of you... help me. The world is at stake."

Jaima looked at Tuesday, who looked back at him. "I'll help."

"Me too," Tuesday said, her voice calmer than she looked.

Celebi smiled. "I knew you'd say yes..."

With a flash, Celebi disappeared, and they were on a dirt road in a village. People were running around, screaming in terror, looking for family, friends, loved ones, calling frantically. Everyone was dressed in rough cloth and dirty.

"Tuesday, I don't think we're in Kanto anymore," Jaima quoted, swallowing. Then the roar happened, and a huge Charizard flew from the mountain, down to the village, gouts of flame flowing from it's nose and mouth.

"Ooooh, boy..."

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post May 6 2009, 12:40 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

"Neither do I, Toto," Tuesday replied softly, staring up into the sky. She saw a thick red-skinned body and fire, and she heard screams and smelt fear and smoke and death. "I don't think I have to have read King Arthur to know what we're up against." She turned to Jaima with a concerned look on her face. "Well, Master Dwarf," she mumbled, "how do you propose we slay a dragon?"

"They look a little out of place, too, considering the era.

Tuesday jumped at the voice, spinning around to find its source. What she saw, to her surprise, was Dante watching her curiously. "Please tell me I'm not going nuts."

"You're not going nuts?"

Tuesday paled considerably. "I'm going nuts," she declared. "Crackers. Off my rocker and around the bend." She turned to Jaima. "I do believe that I have officially lost my mind. All the marbles went bye-bye when Celebi brought us here. I think she was a brain thief. Please, please tell me that I'm not the only one who just heard my Charmander speak to me."

"Well, that's new."

The voice this time was sharp and feminine, with an older flare to it, rather than the innocent, but intelligent tone of Dante's voice, spoken softly, almost contemplatively. Much like Tuesday spoke, actually.

"Indeed," Tuesday murmured. "I can hear my pokemon speak. Maybe Cassandra was right. Maybe I am more psychic than I realized."

"Maybe Celebi just thought it would be helpful?" Dante asked. "It's better than playing Charades, anyday. I just hope it stays active."

"Once again, I question who cares about such simplicities. We have bigger problems. Mainly, Dante's great uncle."

"Yeah," Tuesday murmured, searching the skies again. "Good ol' Smaug." She turned to Jaima. "Not that I don't find this both interesting, terrifying, and... concerning to a high level, shouldn't we also be considering the fact that... well, we're obviously in the past. If we do "slay the dragon," as appears our task, don't we risk messing up the time stream? Mind you, I don't fancy being a fish." (1)

At that moment, the Charizard swooped down out of the sky and released a ferocious fire spin attack into a nearby building, completely decimating it, before returning to the air. Apparently, he was having fun.

"Moreover," Tuesday added, "not that I don't have complete faith in our teams, but how are we supposed to defeat that?!"

Before Jaima could have a chance to answer seriously, Dante shrugged and offered, "A fire extinguisher?"

OOC (click to show)

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post May 6 2009, 08:07 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

"I don't really get the fish reference, but you're right. We don't want a Beautifly Effect here." Jaima looked around, squinting. "We should find shelter." He did his best to sound calm and in control, but the truth was if he hadn't already taken care of it, he would have wet himself by now.

The pair and their pokémon started to run, but were cut off by a gout of flame from the flying beast. They skid to a halt and ran the other way, Jaima unconsciously reaching for Tuesday's arm to help her along. Their pokémon, while obviously afraid, were quite calm about it, not screaming or carrying on. Ember was watching the sky and trembling, but did not seem to be as afraid as Jaima would expect.

A call from the side caught their attention. "Here, lad and lassie, come over here! This wall is strong stone!" An aged looking farmer was beckoning them from behind a stone wall, and when Tuesday caught sight of him, she nearly stopped. This, unfortunately, caused Jaima to yank her nearly off her feet, as he didn't stop.

"Sorry! Wat's wrong?"

"Um... nothing," the girl said, continuing to run. Jaima let her get ahead, making sure their pokémon were between them. He cast a look over his shoulder, watching the large charizard nervously.

Tuesday had gotten to safety, and rather than watch the drama unfold, she eyed their benefactor curiously. The elder gentleman smiled grimly at her. "I'm thinkin' yuir nae from aroond here, but standin' in th' field with not on but a nightshirt while Flametail is angry is a sure way tae get yuirself roasted."

Jaima looked at him. "This happen a lot around these parts?"

"Oh, from time t' time, Flametail gets his tail in a knot and burns his bum a bit, an' we have tae pay fuir it. Otherwise it's a nice place." The farmer stuck out his hand. "Me names Jorgen, boyo, but ye can call me Jorge." He smiled.

"My names is... um... Jaima."

"Jaimie, is it? A right peculiar name for a lad, but as I've said b'fore, ye don't look like yuir from around there parts. He smuled and put out his hand, which Jaima shook. He didn't think trying to correct the older man would work, and he didn't intend to stay around much longer. He knelt next to Tuesday. "OK, so maybe fighting it out with this great beast isn't what we're here for. Maybe we need to look for a change and see if we can't fix i--"

"S'cuse me, lad, but c'n I ask a question?"

"Um," Jaima said, blinking. "Sure."

"Ye've got these little creatures around ye, and the lass, too. Why?"

"Well... I mean... I caught them and they help me... um... I'm training them."

"Ye c'n train 'em?"

Jaima blinked, then his eyes widened. Pokémon had been trained since ancient times, and there were stories of them being trained in the middle ages, which matched the circumstances. He cast a significant look at Tuesday, who, by her expression, had caught the anomaly as well.

No one in this time knew that pokémon were catchable.

"I think we found our dead beautifly..."

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post May 6 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

I really am starting to think I'm losing my mind, Tuesday thought, as she studied the old man before her. He looked just like George. Well, not quite identical, but the similarities were unmistakable. He must be a distant... [i]very distant ancestor of George's. This is so weird...[/i]

"Ye c'n train 'em?"

Jaima seemed to come to the realization the same moment that Tuesday did: these people didn't know how to train pokemon. But pokemon training had been an art crafted long ago, back in Ancient Times, before even the great pyramids were built. She remembered seeing images of Kings training pokemon on tablets, with hieroglyphics telling tales of great battles.

"I think we found our dead beautifly..."

"Sounds about right," Tuesday said, meeting Jaima's eyes. "Well, this definitely means that there's someone else here, and he... or she is messing with the time stream." She looked at Jorgen. "Have you seen anyone else around here lately who doesn't... belong?"

"Sure c'n say I 'av, lass," the man replied with a firm nod. "Str'nge chap, 'e was. Sa' 'is name was Kinser, but I c'nnut sa' fer sur' if 'e were bein' truthful."

"I'd have to say that's our man," Jaima said, and Tuesday had to agree. She fingered her bottom lip as she thought, wondering why he would change the time stream so that no one knew how to train pokemon. Or rather... so no one else knew how to train pokemon.

"Of course," she muttered, raising her voice as she looked to Jaima. "If he's the only one who knows how to train pokemon, then everyone will look to him for guidance. He could rule without contest. Even the strongest of kings and bravest of warriors would have no chance against someone with an army of pokemon by their side." She looked at their teams, and a slow smile stole her face. "But he's not the only one who knows how to train pokemon. And I think he's forgetting that pokemon have minds of their own. Their power may be stolen, but their friendship can't be bought."

She looked up at the sky and easily found the Charizard called Flametail. He was swooping through the air angrily, fire ripping from his throat and dousing the buildings in flames. "I don't think there's anything we can do against him right now," she admitted sorrowfully. "He's too strong for us, and I don't think he would listen even to Dante."

"Probably not," Dante agreed, and Tuesday noted that Jorgen made no surprised movements, as though he didn't even hear Dante speak. "If he was a Charmeleon, I might have a chance, but he's a lot older and a great deal stronger than I am. He'd squish me flat."

"Then I guess our best bet is to find that-" She broke off mid-sentence, as something in the distance called her attention. Her eyes weren't particularly strong, but she caught sight of someone dressed in dark blue, which was an odd color for a village as common as this one. Everyone around here was wearing brown or grey rags, but blue was either a royal, a guard, or... "I think we may have found our man."

Tempest stiffened beside her, obviously preparing to pounce, but Tuesday put a hand on her back to still her. "Wait, 'Pest. I think we should follow him."

"Why?" Tempest demanded impatiently.

"Well... what if he has a bigger plan than this? What if there's more pokemon, stronger pokemon, than Flametail and he's planning to loose them? I think we need to know exactly what we're up against." She looked at Jaima. "What say you?"

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post May 7 2009, 12:02 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jaima pondered the question for a long time. His eyes narrowed, and wheb he spoke, finally, it was with slow deliberation. "I say this is a different beautifly." He smiled a little at Tuesday's puzzled look. "I'm sure Celebi knows what she's doing, but if we were going to figure out how to fix the trainer issue, we'd be back much further than this, right? So what if he's taking advantage of his previous meddling to do some more now?"

Jaima realized two things when he finished that speech: one, he still had no idea what, if anything, the man had to gain by erasing the knowledge of capturing pokemon, and two, contemplating time travel gave him a headache.

"Okay," Tuesday said, slowly. "What does he get if no one else can train pokemon?"

"Well, you said it. He has all the power. He can make his own rules."

"He could be the most famous person in the world."

"What I'd like tae know is if he c'n catch 'em like y' say, c'n he catch ol' Flametail?" Jorgen's voice was low, grim, and Jaima and Tuesday turned to look at him, terrifying realization in their eyes.

"He'd have his pick of the best," hissed Tuesday.

"Of all time," mumbled Jaima. They both looked at the man. He watched Flamerail circle and roar, then nodded and walked away.

"Shadow," Jaima said, his eyes widening. "Follow him, but don't get caught!"

"Yes, sensei Jaima!"

Tuesday furrowed her brow. "What is it?"

"What if Flametail isn't a he?"

Tuesday scowled, then gasped. "Eggs!"

This post has been edited by Hungry Hungry Houndoom: May 7 2009, 04:44 PM

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:01 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.