Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
I Got Made! (You Wanna Make Me? Event Winners)
Thaliel
post Sep 13 2018, 11:20 AM
Post #21

Spots on!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 5 588

Posers

I can already hear this one going "grooooooonk!" XD

--------------------
<-Plz click
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Sep 13 2018, 11:43 AM
Post #22

Smiting Fundamentalists since the 1980's.
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 334

Active Squad

I used my voucher. I'm curious. Lmao.

Oh I wonder when we'll see the new novelty. 2 months from now or will it sneak in soon?

This post has been edited by Natsume Reiko: Sep 13 2018, 11:45 AM

--------------------
~~~~Credit goes to Commander Wymsy.

Important info about myself (click to show)
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Sep 13 2018, 02:37 PM
Post #23

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 857

My concept was Celebrataria. I misunderstood the rules and posted about it in the community thread (edited my post later) after I failed to pass round 1, so some people might know that already.

Oh yeah, my favorites from the top 10 were Platypus Psyduck and Vanillishake!

This post has been edited by YoRHa No9 Type S: Sep 13 2018, 09:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Darth Krytie
post Sep 13 2018, 06:12 PM
Post #24

This one does not have time for your solid waste excretions.
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 22 312

Team Awesomecakes

Firstly, I want to say another thank you to Trixie for creating such a great novelty to me. I want to also thank everyone who participated. There were a lot of amazing submissions.

Secondly, I want to say while it's fine to discuss what you both liked and didn't in a respectful manner, please keep in mind to not be rude to the person who won.

Thirdly, I want to state that the Psygronk that will be on the site won't be representing any specific football team, but will have some colours I like as well as my year of birth as a number.

I'm aware that discussing sports teams can get pretty heated, but can be done respectfully and without being rude. After all, Raven and I still remain friends after all these years and we discuss football a lot.

Anyhow, we hope you enjoy the fruits of Nom's labour when you see it!

--------------------

Please use the Help Page and appropriate Help Forum instead of PMing me. Only PM if it's something you need me or an Admin for specifically.
+Quote Post

An Elric Brother
post Sep 13 2018, 07:12 PM
Post #25

the meme lord
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 248 991

Shirk's RP Team

I just, wow! I never expected to make it past the first round, let alone to the top 10! Thank you all so much!
I wanted to do something unique in that instead of it being just a recolor or a small edit, I wanted a whole different side of the Pokemon. Based off two birds from different mythologies, the Roc and the Simurgh (hence it's name) Simock was a spur-of-the-moment creation. Some alternate names I had been tossing around were Simoc/k, Rocurgh, Somorgh, Alturgh, Roctaria, and Mythological Altaria.

The Fake Pokedex entry I had given it is:
Simock is an extremely rare variant of Altaria. These Pokemon are huge, carnivorous, and beautiful solitary birds who will prey on any Pokemon who are unfortunate to stray into their immense territory.

The two suggested typings came about because I wanted to keep Altaria's Flying/Dragon type, but I also thought the design and Pokedex Entry was quite Dragon-like with elements of Fae. (Plus the Blue/Pink/Purple coloration is very Fairy-type-esque if you ask me.)

The shiny was, for the most part, just a palette swap with some edits to better bring the colors together and make it work. I, originally, was just going to switch the Blue and the Pink and call it a day, but that felt lazy to me, and so I decided to go with the opposite color-scheme of Blue/Pink/Purple: Yellow/Blue/Green. If I were to give it a different shiny color-scheme, I'd 100% go for just shades of purples or pinks, as a kind of Mono-chromatic color-scheme.

--

Onto my favorite designs from the contest! I honestly LOVED bubble-altaria, and thought the concept was extremely cute. I also loved all the galaxy/spaced-themed altaria entries, and not because I am obsessed with space.

I also really liked the Platypus-Psyduck entry!

And while I'm not a huge fan of Vanilluxe, I think all the Neapolitan ice cream ideas were really cute!

--

Next up are some of my thoughts on the top 9 (not including my own) entries. In a spoiler because it got long:

Spoiler (click to showhide)

--

If you're still reading this, woof, what are you doing, listening to me ramble? Don't you have better things to do with your life?

--------------------
nonbinary | he/they | 19

hello! i'm viper, but you can
also call me edward or galum.

da { an-elric-brother
tumblr { viiperfang
flight rising { ornithogalum #349434

My team over on the left is my character, shirk's team. He's who i'll be using in rps, most likely.
The egg is a placeholder for Chandelure.
Want to check out his Trainer Card?
+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Sep 13 2018, 07:43 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Darth Krytie @ Sep 13 2018, 07:12 PM) *
Firstly, I want to say another thank you to Trixie for creating such a great novelty to me. I want to also thank everyone who participated. There were a lot of amazing submissions.

Secondly, I want to say while it's fine to discuss what you both liked and didn't in a respectful manner, please keep in mind to not be rude to the person who won.

Thirdly, I want to state that the Psygronk that will be on the site won't be representing any specific footballiple team, but will have some colours I like as well as my year of birth as a number.

I'm aware that discussing sports teams can get pretty heated, but can be done respectfully and without being rude. After all, Raven and I still remain friends after all these years and we discuss football a lot.

Anyhow, we hope you enjoy the fruits of Nom's labour when you see it!

Thanks for the clarification! Makes me glad that it'll be a made up/neutral.

@An Elric Brother: I'm kinda glad you went with the portmanteau rather than mythological altaria for the name haha. More unique.

I still think GPX should have a multiple flavor Vanilluxes/shakes next summer or something.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Sep 13 2018, 07:56 PM
Post #27

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

QUOTE(An Elric Brother @ Sep 13 2018, 07:12 PM) *
If you're still reading this, woof, what are you doing, listening to me ramble? Don't you have better things to do with your life?

I love your response, and I actually did sit here and read it all. happy.gif

I'm really happy with how members of the Top 10 have responded so far, everyone's been as great as their concepts! We still have something special planned for you other 9, in case you thought the Sh. Legend Voucher Plus was it. wink.gif

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Laikari
post Sep 13 2018, 08:07 PM
Post #28

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 231 314

Active Squad

QUOTE(Mamanator @ Sep 13 2018, 07:21 AM) *
As a special mention, I wanted to offer two final shout outs to An Elric Brother for the Simock concept. What a unique compilation! That was so freaking out there it was awesome! Also, to Laikari for the gorgeous Cosmic Altaria drawings. Those two were so beautiful!

Thanks happy.gif It was a quick piece I put together in about an hour from sketch to finish. I know the concept wasn't that great and there was a bit of hate towards it, but I'm not very good at coming up with creative things anyway. I definitely didn't expect there to be so many similar ones.

And congrats to Trixie for the winning entry~

My personal favorite from the top 10 was Simock

This post has been edited by Laikari: Sep 13 2018, 08:11 PM
+Quote Post

KatTheBard
post Sep 13 2018, 08:27 PM
Post #29

I get a title?
Group Icon

Member No.: 122 414

Active Squad

Ooh, I am glad to hear that it'll be a neutral team because I am also anti-Pats :P I do like the idea (especially as a nonexisting NFL team) though and there were a lot of really neat things this whole contest!

I would also like to say... 41 Altaria entries and not a single Soaked Altaria? s m h lol.gif

--------------------

Daycare: Ditto x Audino

I auto-add anyone who is 20 or less adds away from SN. I try to update my Pal Pad every Sunday. I also accept PMs!
+Quote Post

Cytosine
post Sep 13 2018, 08:58 PM
Post #30

shloop
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 37 706

swabbies

Congrats trixie!

However I don't know anything about football. What is a gronk?

--------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Sep 13 2018, 10:00 PM
Post #31

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Cytosine @ Sep 13 2018, 09:58 PM) *
Congrats trixie!

However I don't know anything about football. What is a gronk?

Nickname for a NEP player. Rob Gronkowski.

@KatTheBard: Yay a fellow non NEP NFLer!

So the name will have to change too. Psysomethingelse. Cause Gronk's a very specific nickname for a person from a specific team. Besides I wouldn't be surprised if the name was trademarked by this time anyhow. So legally speaking keeping the Gronk would be a legal breach.

This post has been edited by Natsume Reiko: Sep 13 2018, 10:04 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Sep 13 2018, 10:54 PM
Post #32

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

QUOTE(Natsume Reiko @ Sep 13 2018, 10:00 PM) *

So the name will have to change too. Psysomethingelse. Cause Gronk's a very specific nickname for a person from a specific team. Besides I wouldn't be surprised if the name was trademarked by this time anyhow. So legally speaking keeping the Gronk would be a legal breach.

I think we all understand that you dislike the NEP, but this isn't the place for this so let's end it here.

Whether we decide to keep the name Psygronk or not is up to us, and Psygronk is not the same as "Gronk" by itself. Besides, Pokémon are also trademarked and yet here we are.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Sep 13 2018, 11:10 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Sep 13 2018, 11:54 PM) *
QUOTE(Natsume Reiko @ Sep 13 2018, 10:00 PM) *

I think we all understand that you dislike the NEP, but this isn't the place for this so let's end it here.

Whether we decide to keep the name Psygronk or not is up to us, and Psygronk is not the same as "Gronk" by itself. Besides, Pokémon are also trademarked and yet here we are.

I think you took what I said the wrong way. I wasn't talking about my opinion of dislike of NEP but actual legal matters with the name Gronk. Save for that one joke to Kat, I was merely all talking about the legality of how the NFL is about their stuff.

The NFL is notorious about their trademarks and same with teams/players historically speaking. Doesn't matter the team. Yes I understand that GPX is skirting with Pokemon but Nintendo isn't nearly as lawyer happy as the NFL organization in general.

I worked for the online department for a nonprofit that sold donated items many, many years ago and we got handmade items with NFL stuff on them donated to us. We got a cease and desist letter even though it was just a handmade item.

The teams and NFL as a whole are particular about things and I'm saying this at a subject legal level, not out of my opinion of the NEP.

According to a legal lawsuit:

Gronk Nation LLC v Sully Tees LLC

The assignee of the trademark “Gronk,” the nickname of New England Patriots Tight-End Rob Gronkowski, “Get Gronk’d,” and “Gronk Nation” filed an infringement action against Sully’s Tees, LLC, a t-shirt seller that was selling shirts bearing the term “Gronk.” Gronk Nation, LLC alleged unfair trade practices, trade name and trademark infringement, trade name and trademark dilution, and misappropriation and unauthorized use of name, portrait, or picture. The District Court ruled for Gronk Nation.

Anything NFL related catches their eye faster than a silent and deadly fart in an air tight room. That's all.

Nothing more, nothing less. I'm talking about this in a strictly legal fashion. Not my personal opinion of the team.

This is the NFL and all teams in general.

This post has been edited by Natsume Reiko: Sep 13 2018, 11:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

KatTheBard
post Sep 13 2018, 11:18 PM
Post #34

I get a title?
Group Icon

Member No.: 122 414

Active Squad

My apologies. I did not mean to... encourage... anyone.

--------------------

Daycare: Ditto x Audino

I auto-add anyone who is 20 or less adds away from SN. I try to update my Pal Pad every Sunday. I also accept PMs!
+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Sep 13 2018, 11:55 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(KatTheBard @ Sep 14 2018, 12:18 AM) *
My apologies. I did not mean to... encourage... anyone.

You didn't know that I was gonna joke back at you.

Nick thought I was continuing my previous opinion, which I wasn't really save for that joke and leaving it at that. Part 2 was legal stuff. Sports teams and organizations and how they handle their trademarks is vastly different (as in universes apart) than how Nintendo feels and handles theirs. I would have said the same thing about the name if the concept was Seahawks based and the name was PsyBeastMode for example.

The sports industry as a whole is very very very very particular about any small slippage of their use. So I'm not talking out of my butt on this. People don't touch sports teams/names/nicknames and logos with a 10 ft pole for a reason. They're that stringent about their trademarks and the industry is incredibly notorious for being unforgiving in that regard. My workplace didn't know that at the time. It was just a few small minor items made by someone. Nothing that would put even a dent on their overall franchise money making power.

For example NCAA has March Madness trademarked. Super Bowl is another trademarked name. Using it for marketing will get you in trouble hence why ads use the term 'big game' or the countdown to March instead. Unless you're news/press, both organizations will not allow the use of their terms. Even a parody of a name can get you in trouble in sports. Even the Olympics is sue happy.

http://gawker.com/5920036/us-olympics-comm...g-real-athletes

I don't think he (Zerxer) was aiming the comment at you but me.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rapps
post Sep 14 2018, 12:37 AM
Post #36

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 388

Active Squad

I am so sad Vanillishake didn't win, that was such a cool concept. I hope the surprise is that all of the finalists are added as novelties because honestly, you can never have too many novelties, lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Sep 14 2018, 12:50 AM
Post #37

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Rapps @ Sep 14 2018, 01:37 AM) *
I am so sad Vanillishake didn't win, that was such a cool concept. I hope the surprise is that all of the finalists are added as novelties because honestly, you can never have too many novelties, lol.

I think the surprise would be something else. I think the 2 cosmics would conflict. Nice idea though, who knows if something may come out of it in the future. There's gen 8 and the novelty potential for Let's Play to also keep in mind as well. The spriters are gonna have their hands full. Plus we haven't seen all the ultra beasts on site either.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Sep 14 2018, 03:42 AM
Post #38

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

Can't say I'm too interested in the winner, in fact I didn't notice it had made the top ten - probably because I was skipping over the Psyduck entries, to be honest with you tongue.gif But knowing DK I'm not the least bit surprised it was chosen! I'm happy you're getting a novelty that you love happy.gif
Very curious to see what happens to the other ten, as well... hmm.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Vulpix D
post Sep 14 2018, 10:21 AM
Post #39

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 13 782

Random PKMN's

QUOTE(Darth Krytie @ Sep 13 2018, 07:12 PM) *

I'm sorry if my post sounded rude. Psygronk looks cool and i don't mind that it won.

it was Just the NEP part....

Congratz to trixie. Which i notice was not in my first post hmm.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Faust
post Sep 14 2018, 10:35 AM
Post #40

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 926

Favourites!

Congrats to the winner and the Top 9!

I get that it's American Football related, but I'm not American so I don't really "get" it. Maybe next time we'll get something more neutral and relatable to more of us non-US folks.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:16 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.