Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
How did you catch Zekrom/Reshiram? (possible spoilers), Methods of approach for PvP'ers who seek good IV's.
xephnin
post Mar 25 2011, 12:48 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 98 708

Eeveelution

So anyone who has played Pokemon: Black/White extensively should know of the capture/battle sequence with N at the end of Team Plasma's Castle. Does anyone who is PvP oriented who focuses on good stats (nature/IV's/etc) have any suggestions for a quick run through on checking Reshiram's / Zekrom's IV's?

The fastest I've got is masterball Reshiram / Zekrom, don't put it into battle (to preserve IV's/EV's) and finish N off as fast a possible, go through dialog and etc. then hit the pokemon center and check then.

Is this the fastest way or do I pretty much have the long grueling task of IV checking Reshiram / Zekrom covered? worried.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Cradily
post Mar 25 2011, 01:08 AM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

From: I think it was the Sinnoh region, or Hyrule, i cant remember sorry :(
Member No.: 107 307

Some favourites

threw a pokeball and caught it first try
shiny cradily told me to do it LOL

--------------------

=D

Credits:

Giraffe A Laugh for my Avi cat.gif i wuv it happy.gif
+Quote Post

xephnin
post Mar 25 2011, 01:37 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 98 708

Eeveelution

Eerrr... Not really what I meant. I'm asking of fast methods to checking IV's on the legendary's since it appears Game Freak is trying to make IV checking as pain staking as possible with each new installment.

This post has been edited by xephnin: Jun 10 2011, 12:01 AM
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Mar 25 2011, 11:29 AM
Post #4

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

Well obviously you'd want a synchronizer in your party, but what you might wanna do is make sure zekrom and the Pokemon with synchronize are the only two members of your party, lose, then check IVs.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Letan
post Mar 25 2011, 11:49 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

You could also fill up your PC with eggs and fill your party with things to battle N in order to make Reshiram/Zekrom unobtainable until post-game, then catch it at Dragonspiral Tower. It'd take a lot longer than going through battles several times and losing, but it'd be in a more comfortable place where you don't have to worry about two tough battles afterwards.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Galahawk
post Mar 25 2011, 01:51 PM
Post #6

Legendary Dragon Empress
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 21 238

Best team ever

You do realize that since the game gives you no opportunity to check Reshiram or Zekrom's nature and IVs after you capture them and before it saves, you're stuck with whatever nature and IVs it gives you (unless, of course, you have GTS access). Letan's suggestion is the best, and probably easiest one here so I'd recommend his method.

Personally I didn't want getting a good natured Reshiram to be a huge hassle so I had my boyfriend fire up Pokesav to give me a level 50 Reshiram with a good nature and random do-able IVs. After that he just put it on my game and I handled giving it a good moveset, maxing out its PP for each move, etc. It's kinda legit and yet it's not.

This post has been edited by Galahawk: Mar 25 2011, 01:52 PM

--------------------
[align=center]
- Click Latias for my deviantART | Click Latios for my Tumblr -

[spoiler=Shinies + Fat meeps]
(Shinies are not in chronological order. I stopped caring.)[/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Mar 25 2011, 03:10 PM
Post #7

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Member No.: 34

Active Squad

You do realize that since the game gives you no opportunity to check Reshiram or Zekrom's nature and IVs after you capture them and before it saves, you're stuck with whatever nature and IVs it gives you (unless, of course, you have GTS access).
Uhm what? What's wrong with my method then...?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Galahawk
post Mar 25 2011, 03:52 PM
Post #8

Legendary Dragon Empress
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 238

Best team ever

QUOTE(Mercenary Raven @ Mar 25 2011, 04:10 PM) *
You do realize that since the game gives you no opportunity to check Reshiram or Zekrom's nature and IVs after you capture them and before it saves, you're stuck with whatever nature and IVs it gives you (unless, of course, you have GTS access).
Uhm what? What's wrong with my method then...?

Ah, I must not have seen your post. I never really knew of Synchronize's out-of-battle effects until I saw it, and I also completely forgot that if you lose you're moved to a Pokemon center as opposed to being forced to save. My bad, it just took me a bit to process what you'd said.

Personally I probably wouldn't have done it since I was just in a hurry to beat the game. Wish I'd have known that instead of being stuck with a lax Zekrom on White.

--------------------
[align=center]
- Click Latias for my deviantART | Click Latios for my Tumblr -

[spoiler=Shinies + Fat meeps]
(Shinies are not in chronological order. I stopped caring.)[/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

Swampert rox
post Mar 26 2011, 10:06 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 355

Current HeatGold team

Also, for catching it, don't bother with a Masterball. Reshiram and Zekrom both have catch rates of 45, the highest of all legendaries (for reference, a Patrat has a catch rate of 255).

--------------------

Click to go to my party.

90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed.
If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.

QUOTE(5 Gum @ Nov 9 2010, 05:59 PM) *
If you play Justin Bieber songs backwards, you can hear messages from Satan. Even worse, if you play them forwards you hear Justin Bieber.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:06 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.