Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
37 Pages V  « < 35 36 37  
Closed TopicStart new topic
May Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Snowsky
post May 30 2016, 04:47 PM
Post #721

Malachite pride~
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 88 905

Team Nando!

My Gamestop usually has Pikachu, Eevee and the Kalos starters. I cannot wait for a Rowlet plush, personally.

--------------------

i dream in verdant and emerald

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Shaoo
post May 30 2016, 07:57 PM
Post #722

Potterwholock
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 66 728

the foxies <3

In Italy it's really rare to find pokemon plushies so I go to France when I can, and they only got pikachu, mostly. I never see an eevee plush in store. Once during a gaming convention, and the price was just insane. That's why I made them.

This post has been edited by Shaoo: May 30 2016, 07:59 PM

--------------------

Azurite Knights! Click on the banner to know more! *\o/*

QUOTE(Makeltos @ Sep 9 2015, 10:07 PM) *
Ok now I have a cheerleading Vulpix jumping in my mind.

pp @Cycloneblaze
+Quote Post

Yamper
post May 30 2016, 08:12 PM
Post #723

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

I never really understood the point of plushies - unless it's something for kids to play with idk, I just see it as a waste of money really (especially considering the prices of some), never bought one and probably never will.

e: Not that England actually retails these things as far as I know. Probably TRU sell them but that's the other side of town for me, plus we have no need to go there anymore..

I see my other post about building your own PC got overlooked or nobody has done it lol

In regards to ^, if anybody has any sort of info related to building your own PC, where to start, basics and whatnot shoot me a PM or something. Would be helpful to have/know what I need to be doing happy.gif Thanks.

This post has been edited by x Sam: May 30 2016, 08:23 PM

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post May 30 2016, 10:36 PM
Post #724

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

QUOTE(x Sam @ May 30 2016, 08:12 PM) *
I never really understood the point of plushies - unless it's something for kids to play with idk, I just see it as a waste of money really (especially considering the prices of some), never bought one and probably never will.

Well, they're soft and cuddly, and high-quality ones just really look nice. It's really all subjective, though; some people might feel the same way about figurines. Why have something sitting on a shelf when you can hug it and sleep with it or whatever? I personally collect both figurines and plushies and find merit in both. The figurines I collect are beautiful and well-painted, and the plushies I collect are well-made and very soft.

Then there are some professional plushie makers who, as shown in this example, can easily make furniture. wink.gif

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post May 30 2016, 11:00 PM
Post #725

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

It's official. I've grown almost completely bored of this website. I haven't been on for a week mainly because I don't feel much like clicking on here. I'll be on tomorrow for the start of the month though. At least I completed the SWSH, but I'm not sure if I'll continue my Sigilyph hunt.

This weekend was pretty fun because they've been showing all the Disney Channel Original Movies for the past few days because of the 100th one premiering sometime next month. Today they showed some good ones like High School Musical, Smart House, Halloweentown and Cadet Kelly.

As for plushies, I don't have any. I feel too old to start collecting those, but I wouldn't mind one.

Also, remember Thursday morning there will be new Sun and Moon info!

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post May 31 2016, 12:56 AM
Post #726

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

Hey everyone, so I am actually starting streaming much more consistently and I am aiming to play from around 6-8 or 6-9pm every day.

https://www.twitch.tv/lraven17

Hello everyone! I've been on hiatus for around a year, and I originally started this channel to play Berwick Saga for people who have never seen it. Instead I will dedicate this channel to clearing out my backlog as seen here: http://www.backloggery.com/LRaven

In general, I will stream no earlier than 6pm PST (9pm EST) and these times will change heavily once the school year starts. I have a large backlog filled with tons of games so I will be using as much time as I can - of course I have school work so I may have to cut off early some days, but generally expect a stream from 6-9pm.

HOWEVER! I will restore the Berwick Saga stream. This Thursday, AT LEAST from 6-9pm, I will be streaming Tear Ring Saga: Berwick Saga.

I mainly stream games from my backlog and currently I am playing Tales of Legendia's character quests for now. Afterwards I will most likely move onto Shadow Hearts: From the New World or another game depending on the responses I get. I am generally trying to get games I am like at least 2/3 of the way finished over with before moving onto games I haven't played much, but if a new FF game comes out or something then I will stream that.

The main issue is that I don't have a DS, 3DS, or Vita capture card, it's mainly a console capture card. I do however have ways to capture my PSP gameplay (because I have a component cable adapter for the PSP). It's okay though, since I have way more PSP games than Vita games, and most of my DS/3DS games are finished.

I hope to see people there!

EDIT: I tend to swear (no slurs and I don't go crazy) so be warned!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Manah
post May 31 2016, 08:51 AM
Post #727

Made of random and Joltik love / Totally not a fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 080

Diamond Party

If you don't mind the shipping costs, http://pokevault.com/ is great happy.gif

I guess I just love to collect stuff of characters I like, be it plushies, figurines, or anything else.

--------------------
Pokémon Moon FC: 0877-0881-6378 (Trainer name: June)

~
Buttons made by Arceus Awakened
+Quote Post

SilverPT
post May 31 2016, 10:37 AM
Post #728

You're one bad day away from being me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 128 888

Active Squad

QUOTE(Walking On Sunshine @ May 31 2016, 05:00 AM) *
It's official. I've grown almost completely bored of this website. I haven't been on for a week mainly because I don't feel much like clicking on here. I'll be on tomorrow for the start of the month though. At least I completed the SWSH, but I'm not sure if I'll continue my Sigilyph hunt.

That makes us two. On the best days I'm doing around 5-10k. Not having anything new for the past 3 months doesn't help too. I imagine things are worse for you since you've very little to "fight for" here (at least Dex-wise, I don't know if you care about Trinkets for example). :/

--------------------

Big shoutout to Cycloneblaze for the awesome buttons!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Silberchen
post May 31 2016, 12:01 PM
Post #729

Floofy Friend
Group Icon

Member No.: 150 656

A lighthouse

QUOTE(SilverPT @ May 31 2016, 04:37 PM) *
That makes us two. On the best days I'm doing around 5-10k. Not having anything new for the past 3 months doesn't help too. I imagine things are worse for you since you've very little to "fight for" here (at least Dex-wise, I don't know if you care about Trinkets for example). :/

Me three. I guess my offline life is to blame, but I've not been on the site that much this month. I don't really care about trinkets anymore, and there's just not much else I can actively work on besides hatching and doing the standard swsh/scavenger hunt/poke hunt stuff. It's just not holding my attention, I haven't even completed the swsh this time ._.

I find it hard to find pokemon merch that I like, I only own a Mega Amphy from the Pokemon Center in NYC. It cost around 25$ I think, not that expensive for merch imo. It's not very big but the quality is great - the fabric is very soft and it looks a lot like the actual thing from the games. I really like the Centers in general, maybe I'll manage to see the one in Paris this year...
+Quote Post

Manah
post May 31 2016, 01:03 PM
Post #730

Made of random and Joltik love / Totally not a fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 080

Diamond Party

I'm occasionally bored of the site, but then I always just take a few days/weeks off (or just do important daily things like scavenger tasks). I only really click when I feel like it.

--------------------
Pokémon Moon FC: 0877-0881-6378 (Trainer name: June)

~
Buttons made by Arceus Awakened
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post May 31 2016, 02:27 PM
Post #731

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

Good morning All and happy Farewell to May Day. grin.gif

I see some talk about those considering leaving (for a while... for *gulp* a super long while) and I'll be sorry to see you go. I've definitely been there done that though as I had taken a hiatus a few years ago. I'm a quiet, non presence here during the weekends and holidays, but beyond that I always come back to what I know and love. While this SWSH has kicked my bum (at least I did procure one shiny) I still like the opportunities I get from it and the hopes of a shiny living Dex. I began (last week) to release a lot of my standard Pokemon because (a) I needed the box space and (b) I need to begin looking for strong fighters anyway.

So yeah... me leaving... not in the cards at this time. I'll take my weekends off if (for no other reason) than I am not "chained" to a desk in front of a computer 24/7 as I am during the week. But I'll be like that bad penny. Always coming back. Hopefully those of you thinking of venturing away from this site will find your way back again one day. You'll be missed. *nods a lot*

In relation to GPX... I am back on the exploration and working on my Cleffa. I'm also vainly trying to find a shiny sentry, but let my breath go long back because it seems fruitless. With today being my last day of hope... well... who knows. Maybe being here "gripping" about it will shine some luck on me. I'm thinking not though. *sigh*

As for the plushies... I love 'em! They do seem rather hard to come by (locally at least) and I'm not really wanting to buy them on a credit card, so I usually go without for a while. I don't have a whole lot, and as a mom, I feel that I can't buy them all. So when I do see more than one available, I usually pick and choose. Currently I have Emolga, Pikachu, Chespin, Piplup, Charmander, and a inking Pikachu. At home I also have the 20th anniversary Pikachu (just because). I kept that one in the box though.

*EDIT*
Oh my!! While it isn't the SWSH Pokemon Sentry I need... I just found the Tiny Egg! That's the first time for me in... years! Literally! Like 2 at best! Wow! *faints happily*

This post has been edited by Mamanator: May 31 2016, 02:29 PM

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Silberchen
post May 31 2016, 04:22 PM
Post #732

Floofy Friend
Group Icon

Member No.: 150 656

A lighthouse

Well scratch that, I just got my "mandatory" shiny for the swsh. yay!

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post May 31 2016, 04:36 PM
Post #733

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

Kudos on that shiny find, Silberchen! I think my sentry has fallen asleep on duty so I'll be without that one. Gah!

At least I was able to advance in my explore and have stumbled across this poor, paralyzed novelty. So if you all happen to swing by where we're resting (waiting for Cyndi to get better), we'd definitely appreciate a spicy berry or two thrown its way.

In other news... I now have about 90 minutes of quiet time since I'm all alone here. I came in late today and haven't had anything to eat so, I think I'm going to have myself a spot of lunch and go from there. Just as soon as I get this registration packet back to the hotel that is. *blush* So away I go to finish my one chore and then to grab a bit of late lunch early dinner. Linner, I guess. LOL

--------------------

+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post May 31 2016, 05:38 PM
Post #734

Group Icon

My Loves

I sure hope some of you folks don't run off. sad.gif We'd need to gather up a whole new set of active users.

Funny that you mentioned "linner," Mamanator! I call it that all the time, and I even saw an advertisement on TV that featured that word. I guess it's one of those words that more people use than I thought. Makes sense, though, doesn't it? It's like brunch.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post May 31 2016, 05:50 PM
Post #735

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ May 31 2016, 03:38 PM) *
I sure hope some of you folks don't run off. sad.gif We'd need to gather up a whole new set of active users.

Funny that you mentioned "linner," Mamanator! I call it that all the time, and I even saw an advertisement on TV that featured that word. I guess it's one of those words that more people use than I thought. Makes sense, though, doesn't it? It's like brunch.

LOL I think it was my in-laws, or my husband back in the day, who introduced me to the word. Not sure how its spelled (how can you properly spell a word if it really isn't a proper word anyways? LOL), but yeah. They introduced me to it. When I first heard it I was like "say wha?" so they had a lot of fun with my "uneducated" self back then.

My youngest and I had brunch on Saturday morning past, too. We met some friends of our because she's on a talk about wanting to go into the Air Force when she's older. So we're going to be looking into ROTC for her for the next school year. It all hinges, sadly, on how well she does with her summer math class. She failed the second semester rather miserably and now has to re-take it. I'm still stressing over (a) getting her a ride there and back and (b) having her finish with an "acceptable" D grade (though I told her I'd like a C).

So. Much. Stress as of late. It'll be great when life settles down and I don't have to worry so much. Ugh!

And I support your opening statement. I really hope we don't lose a lot of people to inactivity. Summer blues with sitting in front a computer? Sure. But boy! I hope they all come back. grin.gif

*EDIT*
W00tness! We're having an Internet change on the home front! This Thursday, the local provider (Cox) will be coming by and getting us all hooked up. *happy dances* Bye! Bye! Century Lapse! I mean Link. *smirk* Hopefully no more time outs and drops in service. And! With an office 2 minutes from the house... perhaps a more available staff for when monsoons roll in and things go haywire (although, truth be told, we ARE more forgiving when its evident there is a storm causing the hiccups). I just hope this change works out for us. We might be starting with 15 mg (is that the right initials following for speed?); if not, we can upgrade to 50 for just $15 more. Will have to see what my husband okays when he gets home later tonight. I'm just looking forward to the change. cool.gif

This post has been edited by Mamanator: May 31 2016, 07:08 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post May 31 2016, 09:20 PM
Post #736

Group Icon

My Loves

QUOTE(Mamanator @ May 31 2016, 05:50 PM) *
We might be starting with 15 mg (is that the right initials following for speed?); if not, we can upgrade to 50 for just $15 more. Will have to see what my husband okays when he gets home later tonight. I'm just looking forward to the change. cool.gif

You're probably looking for 15 mb. wink.gif I wish we had those kinds of speeds here. Fast speeds (for the US, anyway) are advertised, but we get nothing even close to what the speed should be. It's enough for me to do what I need to do, but it would be nice to be able to upload and download things a bit faster.

--------------------

+Quote Post

RicFule
post May 31 2016, 09:43 PM
Post #737

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Mamanator @ May 31 2016, 03:27 PM) *
*EDIT*
Oh my!! While it isn't the SWSH Pokemon Sentry I need... I just found the Tiny Egg! That's the first time for me in... years! Literally! Like 2 at best! Wow! *faints happily*

Speaking of. The current ORAS/X & Y event is out now. Slightly earlier than the June date, but I just picked up my June pokemon like a minute ago.

And also? No shiny yet for me. Hopefully, I'll get one in the next hour or so, but if'n I DON'T, it seems like I won the May raffle.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Bonnie Clyde
post May 31 2016, 10:24 PM
Post #738

You're filled with DETERMINATION
Group Icon

Member No.: 120 895

Faves <3

^Ah, sweet - just got my Manaphy. konata.gif

Oh, and hopefully you guys don't leave - I hate to see familiar faces go. sad.gif
I know that I myself don't really click all that much, but that's just because I can never really find the motivation to - which applies to a lot of things I do. pinch.gif
So I don't really find myself bored of this site. I kinda just have it on all day as I do other things as I wait for my eggs to hatch. teehee.gif

And, on the topic of plushies/figurines - I love them! I really like having things relating to the various series I love - which is why I really want to get some Nendoroids - specifically L (Death Note) and N (Pokemon). The Toon Link one is also adorable! love.gif
But with Pokemon plushies/figurines, I have a ton of them (I have a duffle bag full of 'em). I've collected them since I started liking Pokemon (which was when I was 8, so... about 8 years ago tongue.gif ) and some of my family have even came across some toys while cleaning and whatnot (like, we were cleaning out our storage building at my dad's, which we hadn't been inside for quite some time, and I ended up finding a toy Taillow - and my cousin found about 4 toys in her room and gave 'em to me).

Also, goodbye May Thread - this'll most likely be my last post on this one. wave.gif
Now only one more day til the Sun/Moon info!

--------------------
[align=center]

[spoiler=][/spoiler]

CHAOS CONTROL[/align]
+Quote Post

Esc
post May 31 2016, 10:37 PM
Post #739

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

QUOTE(Walking On Sunshine @ May 31 2016, 12:00 AM) *
Also, remember Thursday morning there will be new Sun and Moon info!

Same... I really hope they introduce a new mechanic, something that will take a while to finish.
Also, can't wait for the Sun and Moon Info.

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post May 31 2016, 10:54 PM
Post #740

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ May 31 2016, 07:20 PM) *
QUOTE(Mamanator @ May 31 2016, 05:50 PM) *
We might be starting with 15 mg (is that the right initials following for speed?); if not, we can upgrade to 50 for just $15 more. Will have to see what my husband okays when he gets home later tonight. I'm just looking forward to the change. cool.gif

You're probably looking for 15 mb. wink.gif I wish we had those kinds of speeds here. Fast speeds (for the US, anyway) are advertised, but we get nothing even close to what the speed should be. It's enough for me to do what I need to do, but it would be nice to be able to upload and download things a bit faster.

Ah, thanks for that correction, Synx Itax. Also, I spoke with my husband and we're going to go ahead and start with the 15 mb and see how that works, before we bump it up a notch. Hopefully you're right, Synx Itax, and that is a good, solid speed wherein 3 or more can be online at once and we'll still be good to go. Here's hoping!

*sad sigh* No shiny sentry for me. Blast you Golett!!! *inserts angry eyes here* At least I did get that shiny Baltoy, but the SWSH's where I only get one shiny feels like a failure to me. *more sad sighing* But if I did get at least one, and someone else who was trying didn't get even the one... then I guess I'm pretty lucky and. Well. Yay.

--------------------

+Quote Post

37 Pages V  « < 35 36 37
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:11 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.