Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
Let's Head Down to Scott's!, Where the food is always cold and the drinks are hot. Wait...
Troy Bolton
post Oct 25 2008, 11:52 PM
Post #1

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2 282

Active Squad

Let's head Down to Scott's!

Only playable by myself and YeahVeryYeah.

"Fearow, the beak Pokemon. This Pokemon can fly for hours on its broad wings and fight without fear with its sharp beak," read Javier. His voice crackled over the PokeGear's speaker, and Matt hurriedly hit the lower volume button.

"Thanks Javier. See, I don't need a Pokedex, I can just use you."

"What's this for, Master Matthew?"

But his query fell on empty air, as Matt had turned off the Gear. The thing this was 'for' was staring at him.

"Row. Fearow." He froze, mentally fighting the urge to stare at the bird. Never look a Fearow in the eyes.

"Shh, it's okay, buddy. Here, have a Poffin." He placed a Poffin on the ground, then backed up several spaces. The Fearow glared suspiciously, but flapped forward and gnawed on the delicious treat. Matt smiled and strode up, confidently. His confidence lowered, however, as he tripped over a rock. The Fearow flew back, its claws writhing. As his breeding experience told him, when Fearows were angry, their claws writhed.

"Hey, bud. It's ok, it's ok, shhh." The words he used weren't important, it was the tone. He'd done this a thousand times before. But the Fearow was not to be swayed. It spread its wings and shot straight at Matt. It was mere instinct that guided him to the ground and the same instinct to chuck something at it.

"Luxury Ball, go!" The ball struck!...Exactly where Fearow was 3 seconds ago. The ball fell to the ground as the Fearow flew away.

"Dammit!" That was the third one. Matt hadn't been able to catch a single Pokemon after his beloved Combee was stolen by a strange man named Charles Tieger. It was a strikeout session, as his old gym teacher would say.

"Do I have any balls left?" he asked himself. Checking through his pack, he found no balls besides the ones he knew were inhabited. Dang. I'll have to salvage.

Matt drew himself up, and waddled through the underbrush to where he assumed his ball went. He took a quick glance around and quickly spotted the ball. It was shuddering, which was odd. Unless...

Hardly able to believe his luck, Matt grabbed the ball and tried to release the Pokemon inside. A flash of light, and an odd blue creature with leaves on its head appeared. It was dancing merrily.

"How odd...ish. Oddish! Awesome!" The Oddish sidled up to the trainer and rubbed its face against his pants affectionately.

"Luxury Balls for the win. Now, a name for you." Matt sat, but the Oddish remained standing, still dancing away.

"Abba? Nah. You're pretty...graceful." The Oddish gave a hop. "Nearly there, huh? TO THE THESAURUS!" Matt turned his PokeGear on again, and hit a new, frivolous app- "Online Thesaurus".

"Eloquent, fluent, graceful, gracile, limber, lissome, lithe, nymphean, nymphlike, sleek, slinky, spirituelle, svelte, sylphic, symmetrical, willowy." The Oddish gave him a quite clear 'what the hell' look. Matt's stomach growled.

"Man, I'm hungry. I want some lavosh." The Oddish hopped, and began a frantic can-can.

"Lavosh? Awesome." He lifted the newly christened Oddish onto his shoulder.

"Heck yes! I caught an Oddish!"

"Odd, odd!"

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Here's a good a place as any." The rusty sign declared the building as 'Scott's- Home of the best Tropiett Sorbet!' Matt had only had Tropius fruit once before- a rare import from Hoenn. It was freakin' delicious.

"Odd! Odd!" came Lavosh.

"You hungry too?" He chuckled, and adjusted his fedora.

"Now, how about a battle first? Nothing gets the heart racing and the stomach growling!"

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

YeahVeryeah
post Oct 26 2008, 11:40 AM
Post #2

I'm what you get when you eat you are own soul.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 055

*is on FEP more*

"Now, how about a battle first?"

That was all that was needed for Gram. After he'd been thrown off a cruise ship after months of learning to fight goodly on it, He needed something like this to make him feel good about himself. He was the best, after all.

"So, wants to battle, you say, eh? I'll be happy to oblige. Let's walk over to a large, clear area and get it started. M'names Gram, by the way."

As he walked to a nearby clearing, Gram gazed at the challenged. The person looked like a lumberjack with a cowboy hat. It was pretty funny. He carried an oddly happy Oddish with him, and they they showed each other affection. The Oddish had either been with him for a long time, or was simply very nice. Gram thought of Mace, the Onix he'd received as a thank you from a rich guy. It had always been in a nice black ball, complimenting Gram's tendancy to only wear black and white.

And then they were there. Nice and open, this field would easily work. Small amounts of rough terrain here and there. Hmmm....yes, almost perfect.

Gram and this other person went on opposite sides of the clearing, and on the count of three, they both sent out their pokemon.

Drowning out his combatent's cry, "Go! Mace!" rang through the nearby foliage surounding their field of battle. A giant snake made of giant rocks giantly erupted from the Luxury Ball, to meet nothing but a lil' old Shinx. If this is an indication to the whole outcome, he thought, then this is gonna be easy. He smiled a happy smile and instucted Mace to start the battle with a Mud Slap. The mineral serpent slammed its tail into the ground, dirt and such flying towards the small thundercat.

This post has been edited by YeahVeryeah: Oct 27 2008, 09:09 AM

--------------------
THIS CHALLENGE IS FIGHT
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Oct 26 2008, 12:29 PM
Post #3

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Matt's almost-rhetorical question was answered by a young boy, about 13 or so. He had that sort of streamlined face that wasn't quite malicious, more smarmy and upperclass. It was a look you'd see on someone from Goldenrod. He grinned. Time to play.

"And on one...two...three! C'mon, Shock!" Matt chucked a Pokeball onto the wide field, and the Flash Pokemon appeared, with a bolt of green lightening. His opponent- Gram- had sent out an Onix. Dammit, he's got the type advantage. But as even the littlest tot knew, smart battling could beat a disadvantage. Sadly, Matt wasn't sure if any of Shock's attacks had an advantage.

"Mace! Mud Slap!" called Gram. The rock snake slammed against the ground, and a ripple of mud slapped Shock right in the face. The Shinx stumbled and fell to the ground, but managed to get up once more.

"Hang in there, Shock!" called Matt. "Give him a good, hard Bite!" The Flash Pokemon ran forward, jaws bared wide.

(Note to myself: We've already talked this battle out, so it's not god-moding.)

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

YeahVeryeah
post Oct 26 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

*is on FEP more*

The Mud Slap had good effect, but the enemy's Shinx wasn't down yet. It came at Mace with a Bite attack, connecting at the tip of the Onix's tail. He winced, but his rocky body would hold. Gram got an idea while it held on, though.

"Mace! Use Seismic Toss!", Spouted Gram.

Mace spun his tail round and round, a deafening roar of excitement escaping from his craggy jaw. After building up momentum, the intimidating snake threw the Shinx into the ground, a large cloud of dust flying up from where it landed. Gram took this moment to let something into his mind. That little Shinx would be very badly injured, and they had done it on purpose, for fun at that! But, best not to dwell on that now, as the opposition had returned the Shinx for a more dangerous enemy: an Oddish. Gram cursed. Mace'll have trouble taking this one out. But on the other hand, how about....

"Mace! Use Body Slam!"

This post has been edited by YeahVeryeah: Oct 26 2008, 10:02 PM

--------------------
THIS CHALLENGE IS FIGHT
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Oct 26 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #5

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Shock hadn't been taken out by that monster of an Onix, even after the Seismic Toss. "Shock, can it!" yelled Matt, which was the 'safety word' for practice battles. It meant, 'Stop, give up.'

"Return, Shock." He enlarged the Pokeball and returned the Flash Pokemon before it could get up.

"Ok, Lavosh, this is your premier battle. I want you to let them attack first and get in close." Lavosh nodded.

"Odd, odd!" It sprang up and danced onto the field, and braced herself for an attack. The rock snake managed to lift itself up, just as it had done for Seismic Toss, and slammed down on the Oddish.

"You've got him now, Lavosh! Draw in his health with Absorb!" The Oddish spread her leaves out and slapped against the Onix. Green beads of what was presumably energy were drawn from the Onix and went into Lavosh. It scooted out, and promptly jumped on top of the Onix. It began a jaunty tango, or at least Matt thought. It was hard to tell when there were no arms. The Onix was out, and Gram called him back.

"That's good, Lavosh, take a rest!" Matt gestured to the Oddish, and it happily came back to the trainer. His opponent sent out a Tyrogue, and Matt knew just what to do.

"Let's take this to the cyber age, Sera!" He drew the Ultra Ball and tossed it forward, revealing the virtual Pokemon.

"Tai, go with Mach Punch and follow up with Double Kick!" Matt knew that it was too late to give a command, so he let the scrappy Pokemon run up and deliver a sound uppercut to Sera's snout, followed by dual kicks to its torso. Even with the type advantage, the attacks failed to damage Sera greatly.

"Sera, Psybeam!"

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

YeahVeryeah
post Oct 26 2008, 10:42 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

*is on FEP more*

The beam slammed into Tai, and he was down for the count. Gram could tell that while he had a type advantage, Tai wasn't used to fighting.

"Okay, then. Go! Dart!"

And out from the white Premier Ball came what appeared to be a demonic bunny with a horn on its forhead. However, Dart only got in a Horn Attack before facing another Pysbeam. 'That.... THING is almost done, then. Finishing the job will be easy for...'

"GATORADE! Take that... THING out with a Water Gun!"

The Dive Ball had barely released the Totodile and already a torrent of water flew at the unknown pokemon. Overwhelmed, the Porygon crashed to the ground.

"Good job, Gatorade!" Replied the boy, and his little friend gave a toothy grin in reply.

"Be careful, though. It's not over yet!"

This post has been edited by YeahVeryeah: Oct 27 2008, 09:12 AM

--------------------
THIS CHALLENGE IS FIGHT
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Oct 27 2008, 02:50 PM
Post #7

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Gatorade? What a horrible trainer you are," sighed Matt. "Croagunk, let's show that drink what for!" The trainer chucked the Seal-adorned ball out, and Croagunk appeared, grinning wickedly.

"Croagunk, TIGER UPPERCUT!" yelled Matt, steel cords shaking through the meadow. The Toxic Mouth Pokemon gave him a look much like Lavosh had.

"What, Tiger Uppercut? Street Fighter!...Seriously?" Croagunk shook his head.

"Fine. Bullet Punch!" commanded the trainer. Croagunk metalized and ran toward the Totodile. It landed a devastating uppercut on the gator's jaw, slamming it closed. It flipped backward and landed on its stomach.

"HAHA! I win!" Matt thrust a fist upward, Croagunk doing the same and Lavosh doing a victory waltz.

"Good game, Gram. By the way, my name's Matt."

(Just say hai and I'll introduce the grunts in the next scene.)

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

YeahVeryeah
post Oct 27 2008, 06:25 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

*is on FEP more*

Gram was in disbelief. Defeat? From a lumberjack?! He decided to be gracious for once, and shook his hand.

"Uh.... yeah. Good game, Matt."

He returned Gatorade to her Dive Ball. 'Wonder where the nearest PokeCenter is? But, as luck would have it, that was gonna be the last of his concerns.

--------------------
THIS CHALLENGE IS FIGHT
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Oct 27 2008, 10:00 PM
Post #9

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Meanwhile, on the other side of the clearing, three men stood.

"And I'm saying, there's three of us, two of them, and they just battled, so they're weaker than us! C'mon, we can take 'em!" said one, a tall dark skinned man.

"No, Wayne. We gotta report back to the boss!" said a tall, thin man. The third man, short and bald, started.

"Someone's a suck up~" Tall spun on his feet.

"Who just called me a suckup?"

"Who's lips were moving?" sniped back Shorty.

"You know what, Colin! I don't need you!" He pushed the short man.

"C'mon, Ryan. I beat you up in high school, and I still can!" Wayne gave a deep sigh. He grabbed the two bumbler's collars and smacked their heads together.

"Listen up! I'm heading back to base to check with Boss. In the mean time, I want you guys to engage those two. Go for the kid first, cause he's out of Pokemon." Colin was belligerent.

"And why should I? Maybe I don't wanna be a part of Team Rocket any more!"

"Bull, Colin. When I found you, you were in your mom's basement trying to make a local access show with Ryan. You're bluffing." Colin hung his head and Ryan rubbed his neck sheepishly.

"Yessir." chorused the men.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

"Hey, trainer! Wanna fight? You can't ignore me when our eyes meet!" Matt and Gram turned around and Matt, stupidly, met the man's eyes. He was clad in all black and a black newsie's cap. Another man came from behind him- squat and in the same attire. Matt's neck hair bristled, but he nodded nonetheless.

"Gram, here's a Revive. Let's make this a Double Battle." The black clothed men exchanged looks of surprise and apprehension. The other trainer crumbled the diamond-shaped restorative between his hands and applied it to his Nidoran. It sprung up and wiggled its ears.

"Let's do this. Neil, c'mon!" Gram beside him called out the same.

"Ekans, c'mon!" called the tall one.

"Bellsprout!" said the other,

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

YeahVeryeah
post Oct 27 2008, 10:47 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

*is on FEP more*

"All right, Dart! Let's do this!"

Already out of his Premier Ball, the Nidoran was ready for action. Gram looked at his two choices, Ekans or Bellsprout. He decided he'd have Dart go for the snake.

"Alright! Attack Ekans with Horn Attack, then use Fury Attack when he's stunned!"

The poisonous bunny may not have the chance to poison the enemy, but it could do more than seep their energy with toxins. Dart sped across the grass and gave a pointed headbutt to the purple rattler. As it reeled back in pain, Ekans took 4 hits.

The Grunt, not willing to be beaten by a kid, said, "Okay you useless little rope! Attack that thing with Wrap! Then Swallow it!"

Note quite beaten yet, the "rope" coiled itself around Dart, and started to envelope its mouth around him. The little Nidoran struggled, but it was no use.

"Oh, no. You're not going out like that! Use Growl!"

A shrill and high pitched yelp echoed in the snake's mouth, and it was forced to cancel its attempt to get a meal out of the battle. 'Okay, Dart's gotta be scared. I'm gonna have to return him'

Scared was an understatement. Saliva dripping from its ears, the Nidoran was paniking. It struggled loose of the Ekans and dashed back to Gram.

"You're not getting away that easily! Ekans! Use Poison Sting!"

Gram, however, wasn't gonna let it happen. He pulled Dart's Premier Ball from its spot on his belt and returned him quickly. Once again, the black ball came out, and Gram released Mace again. That Oddish had done a lot of damage to him, but the Onix was still standing...... or whatever you could call it. But he was heavily weakened.

"Mace! Take this Oran Berry!"

Reaching into his backpack, the boy found his Berry Holder. Berries weren't the sturdiest of objects, and they needed to be held in this metal case lest they get squished. Pulling out his blue objective, Gram tossed it up into Mace's mouth. 3 pointer. After some chewing and a loub burp, the Onix was filled with renewed vigor. It roared, scaring the opposition a little. They held their ground, though.

"Now! Mace! Teach that 'rope' a lesson! Use Slam!"

This post has been edited by YeahVeryeah: Oct 27 2008, 10:49 PM

--------------------
THIS CHALLENGE IS FIGHT
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Oct 29 2008, 09:49 PM
Post #11

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Neil charged before Matt could order him to do otherwise. It rammed the Bellsprout side-on, pushing the plant back with pure power.

"Bellsprout, Vine Whip!" The weed's arms elongated and whipped against the Long Nose Pokemon. Neil reared back recoiling from the blow.

"Neil, we'll never win up close! Back up and Ice Shard!" The Phanpy ignored him completely.

"NEIL!" screamed Matt. Nothing. "Urgh, this is useless. Return!" Matt drew a Pokeball and returned the disobedient Pokemon.

"Lavosh, you're up." The Oddish hopped up from a sitting position and danced forward, prancing toward the svelte bell weed.

"Make a run for it and then absorb!" If the pressure was kept on, the Oddish would pull through.

This post has been edited by Monk: Nov 27 2008, 05:28 PM

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

YeahVeryeah
post Nov 1 2008, 10:44 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

*is on FEP more*

Mace's tail had jone it's job. The Ekans was vitually flattened by the Slam attack, and was hastfully returned to its small spherical imprisonment. The Grunt, grunting in dissatisfaction, now sent out a Zubat.

The Grunt instucted Zubat. "Use Suupersonic, you little baby!"

The waves hit Mace, and he immediately freaked out, thrashing about.

Gram was gonna have problems now. Confused, he would hurt himself instead of the Zubat. 'Why can't it just be easy?' Thought Gram. 'Well, all I can do is wait until Mace snaps out of it.

--------------------
THIS CHALLENGE IS FIGHT
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Nov 1 2008, 10:58 PM
Post #13

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Matt cheered as the Ekans was taken out, but groaned when its Zubat replacement confused the Onix. Noticing his inexperienced partner's look of distress, he gave out some sage advice.

"Calling to your Pokemon can often dispel its confusion!" Meanwhile, Lavosh was winning his battle. It danced left and right, easily dancing through Razor Leaves and Acid shots. The Bellsprout's owner was growing angry.

"Dangit, you're worse than useless! Return!" The man returned his weed, and in its place came a Wooper.

"Woop! Woop!" Matt grinned.

"Lavosh, Absorb!" while his opponent countered with "WATAH GUN!" The two small Pokemon converged to the center of the field. The Wooper struck first, spraying the Weed Pokemon with water.

"Grass beats water beats fire beats graaaaass~" sang Matt. The Oddish, meanwhile, rushed forward and struck its foe. As before, green spheres of energy leeched from the water-dweller, but it was cut off as the foe rushed away.

"We're flyin' now, Lavosh!'

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

YeahVeryeah
post Nov 27 2008, 04:55 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

*is on FEP more*

'So, just talk to him, eh?'

Why not? Sounded simple.

"Mace! Don't let that bat distract you! Snap out of it!"

It wasn't instant, and it wasn't perferct, but Mace wasn't thrashing. The rocky body became more relaxed, and the Onix was now very angry. So angry, in fact, that he moved on his own before Gram had a chance to direct him. The gargantuan mineral monstrosity thrudt itself agressively into the ground, a giant plume of thick dust flying into the sky as quickly and as impossibly exagerated as a kid's arm motion when he recounted the story of an explosion, or some shit like that.

The Rocket grunt was very much unnerved by this, and started to stutter his orders incoherently. "Z-z-zbat! F-f-f-f-f-fly up!"

Too late.

Mace burst throught the ground, detonating a boulder that was rude enough to be in the way as he passed through. As the bat flew back, Mace's tail curved around a giant boulder shard many times bigger than the target it was then hurled at. A direct hit. Mace would have gotten a medal for that sextacstic throw if anyone had one.

"Uh..... Zubat? You there?"

The boulder in the way, nobody could hear, see, or taste the bat. The grunt, bewildered by this moderately saddening turn of events, tried to return the bat, met only with frustration as there seemed to be a certain rock in the way.

awesome.gif (click to showhide)

--------------------
THIS CHALLENGE IS FIGHT
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Nov 27 2008, 10:45 PM
Post #15

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Matt and weed, enemy and salamander, all watched with silent regard as Gram and his rampaging rock snake completely decimated the Zubat. As the frantic trooper attempted to recall his Zubat, Matt muttered, "'Vosh. Absorb." The Oddish quietly ballroomed over to the mud fish and threw her leaves over the Wooper's head. The green bundles of energy, and it was all over. Matt struck a pose.

"Matt and Gram defeated Mystery Troopers!" He grinned, and turned to Gram for a congratulatory bro fist. As the ancient act of male bonding was being completed, the fallen foes were whispering. What were they whispering? Matt, for one, didn't know. A faint ringing of his embarrassing old favourite song, "You are the Music in Me (Reprise)" began to tingle through the air, straight-from-his-PokeGear! The trainer cringed, and smacked his Fletcher product repeatedly, hoping Gram hadn't heard the song.

Matt had barely managed to contain the high school spirit when the grunts approached.

"Hey, guys," said Baldy, "wanna join our organization? We only have the strong in Team R-"

"Only the strong?" interjected Matt. "Then how come we beat the crap outta y'all?" He chortled, but the glistening dome would not be dissuaded.

"C'mon, join us! Join Team Rocket!" Matt started. He hated Team Rocket with all of his being, all of whatever he had that went to heaven or hell. He took off his hat and took a threatening stride forward- but a look from Gram gave him pause.

What better way to destroy something than taking it out from inside?

Matt nodded, his anger not gone, but channeled into pure cunning.

"Yes."

`~!`~!`~!`~!`~!`~!`~!`~!`~!`~!`~!`~!`~!`~!`~!`~!

"What's the secret item combo again, Mocherie?"

"How should I know? You wrote it down, tall-crag!"

"Who you calling a tall-crag, tiny!" Matt groaned.

"Can we get to the goddamn Base already? Or do we have to beat you guys again?" The Rockets jumped.

"Yessir, sir!" piped up Shorty, er Mocherie. Tally smacked him.

"Kiss-up." They had entered Scott's, a retro affair with a bar complete with soda jerks.

"Yo, jerk," called Matt, "Can I get the Atlantic, with no tomato, and a strawberry shake with a cherry on top?" The jerk, a man with dark curly hair, nodded.

"Follow me." Tally groaned. "That's the pass, Mocherie!"

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

A left, right, middle, second right...the Rockets, at least now, seemed to know where they were going. "'S gonna be a while yet, sir," called Mocherie.

"This is boring," grumbled Matt. "So, Gram-inator, what's up? Tell me about yourself, how you feel about this whole thing?"

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2024 - 09:15 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.