Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Celestial Celebration [Coin Event]
Plush Nightingal...
post Nov 5 2022, 05:19 PM
Post #41

Playing Crystal
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 154 659

My Team in Crystal

Regarding Arceus, I feel like 5000 coins was the right amount for that prize. It's ridiculous and demands way too much dedication but a lot of games these days lack this sort of exclusive rewards and even though I'm probably not going to try for anything like that again, I'd like to see that trend continue. The fact that it might not be the healthiest doesn't mean that it should be lowered, between vouchers and summoning items there's enough goals to go for during the event for people that don't want to sell their soul to the devil.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

dareco
post Nov 6 2022, 10:24 AM
Post #42

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 158 022

Active Squad

You must be mad to waste so much time of your life for some pixel image of an Arceus laughing.gif

--------------------

Groups (click to show)

Ribbons (click to show)
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Nov 6 2022, 06:02 PM
Post #43

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 56 857

I've done worse for less.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Flameclaw1234
post Nov 8 2022, 12:51 AM
Post #44

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 851

Current Team

Oh man, the heartbreak I felt when I saw today's multiplier was so low was devastating. I'm at 4,400 coins right now and I figured with a 3x or high 2x multiplier I could probably get to 5k if I really grind, but there's probably no chance for me now. A lot of the recent multipliers have been very low, either below 2x or just above it, which basically torpedo'd my plan to grind this week. That's really disappointing after spending so much time working toward it and getting so close, and I do wish the coins required were just a tiiiny bit lower, but ah well, you win some you lose some.

Congrats to those who have gotten/will get their Arceus though!
+Quote Post

Myou
post Nov 8 2022, 11:46 AM
Post #45

You can't scare me... I'm a Preschool Teacher~!
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 182

~My Team~

QUOTE(ThunderMoss @ Oct 23 2022, 08:53 PM) *
I also agree that coins should just carry over. The difficulty of earning coins and their purchasing power hasn't really changed from one event to the next. Until we get a 'Karp event... NO! Allowing carry over would be a real boost for those who wish the Sh. Legendary voucher but it might take them two or more events based on their style of play. Or carry over could be capped at 600 coins to avoid any hiccups in changes to the earn/spend economy.

I would love it if we had some type of rollover system, even if we only got to keep a fraction of the leftover coins. I frequently find myself spending the dregs on things I don't want because it feels like a waste of my effort to just let it disappear into the aether. Having coins carry over, even at a capped amount, would also allow for higher coin prices (such as Arceus) to be much more feasible; it would still require a lot of effort, but it wouldn't be a back-breaking endeavor if we were able to save coins for a specific reward.

QUOTE(ThunderMoss @ Oct 23 2022, 08:53 PM) *
Healthier is not playing all day (most every day) and something both of us have considered and adjusted somewhat over the past while.

QUOTE(Jade @ Oct 24 2022, 12:06 AM) *
But I'm also like..... really grateful that I have more freedoms I didn't really feel I had before?

While I'm a firm believer that effort should coincide with reward, I definitely enjoy the freedom the new event system gives. In the past, I would spend an unhealthy amount of time clicking like a madman (madwoman?) for the chance to get something good, even getting to the point of turning down invites to hang out with friends or faking sick to get out of family obligations so I could be at home to grind just a bit more; more often than not, I ended up disappointed and frustrated when all that effort panned out to losing the roulette spin for the really nice prizes, but I still felt compelled to keep sinking all of my time into the events because I would regret not at least trying. Now, I can actually spend time outside the game and still realistically meet my daily quota to earn the things I really want.

I was tempted to go for Arceus, but I know even 2-3k would be pushing it for me and my life just doesn't allow me to invest that kind of time... plus I like having functional hands.

QUOTE(Jade @ Oct 24 2022, 12:06 AM) *
I finally felt free enough to USE the trove of shiny legend vouchers I gained on the site throughout the years from events because I now am confidant I'll get another.

This was absolutely me. I hoarded any shiny vouchers I go ahold of rather than using them because there were so many things I wanted to use them on and the vouchers were so hard to get with the old system that it felt like no matter what I chose, I would be wasting a valuable resource; now that I know I'll be able to earn more with an appropriate amount of effort, I've been able to get past that mental block and use the vouchers I have to whittle down the list of things I want.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Giratina 5590
post Nov 9 2022, 01:59 AM
Post #46

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 144 455

Active Squad

Oh dear lord, good work to all who achieved the near impossible!

These last few days of grinding have been intense but I managed to squeak out 277 or so eggs on the 1.65 multiplier and went into the final day with 4638 / 5000 hatched, though triumphed and got my 362 eggs with 45m to spare (I honestly didn't know if I'd make it).

In terms of difficulty I think the bar was set accordingly for having been on this site for years and seeing the exclusivity of Arceus at 5000 eggs hatched. I would keep that, keep the coins resetting each event, and keep the 1 coin per qualifying egg hatched. Although would mayhaps lengthen the event by a small amount. I personally had some event days where I barely hatched any or had plans that needed tending to so I made those days up with the grind.

I also empathize with anyone who was close to the end goal but could not meet it. Once again I cut it real close and had to use the prize points I had accumulated; over the past two days they were drained on heart scales and flame orbs.

Time to sleep.

o7

--------------------
giratina.gif Giratina 5590 giratina.gif

+Quote Post

Taerar
post Nov 9 2022, 04:36 AM
Post #47

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 53 130

Team Canine

Very casual player here as full-time uni student.

Fist even as I took a long hiatus, so no other experience in that regard.

My personal take was, it wasn't that casual friendly. I did have a goal and it was not Arceus, but the Sh. Voucher plus, a goal I did not hit as I reached 363/400. Increase of coins or multiplyers throughout would have been very useful, or letting coins rollover so those whom play casual can save for next time.

Just want to thank the people whom bred the eggs needed for the event as I did not have time to refresh the lab finding them and played a little on my break or before lectures.

--------------------

+Quote Post

AdmiralPerry
post Nov 9 2022, 10:20 AM
Post #48

Assassin by Association
Group Icon

Member No.: 97 925

My Guards

QUOTE(Plush Nightingale @ Nov 5 2022, 06:19 PM) *
Regarding Arceus, I feel like 5000 coins was the right amount for that prize. It's ridiculous and demands way too much dedication but a lot of games these days lack this sort of exclusive rewards and even though I'm probably not going to try for anything like that again, I'd like to see that trend continue. The fact that it might not be the healthiest doesn't mean that it should be lowered, between vouchers and summoning items there's enough goals to go for during the event for people that don't want to sell their soul to the devil.

"The fact that it might not be the healthiest..." is absolutely why the amount should be revisited. People have jobs. People have school. People have family and friends and life in general to tend to. A game demanding (I use this a bit loosely here, because really, the prize is just on offer, and no one or nothing is pointing a gun at anyone's head saying they have to go for it) that people ignore everything else in order to achieve a goal is not healthy no matter which way you slice it. Should it be a challenge? Absolutely. But it should also be fairly reasonable to achieve even if a person can't sit in front of their computer all hours of the day for nearly two weeks straight. I also feel that games don't need exclusive rewards--they just foster dissatisfaction and resentment among the players that can't get whatever these exclusive rewards are. And what about long-time players who might not have need (or want) for most vouchers or summoning items? That's what I feel the Arceus was kind of catered to?

I didn't even bother going for it because I knew I didn't have the time nor the space to hatch 300+ eggs a day, and I found out about it with only about six days left in the event (I think... days tend to blur together for me anymore). I felt like I was completely shut out because it felt so ridiculously high and unachievable that there was just absolutely no point in going for it. I also acknowledge that some of that is probably a 'me' problem, but aside from that the reality, for me, is there was just no time to make an attempt because I have other things in my life to tend to.

Also apologies if any of this comes off harsh or the wrong way, I'm really not trying to attack anyone, and sincere congratulations if you were able to stick through it to get that Arceus, because that really was no small feat. But please for the love of all that is good on this earth take a break because y'all have definitely earned it. Same for anyone who grinded their butts off for their personal goals, Arceus or otherwise.

--------------------
Got no place to run, got no place to hide...

Many thanks to the awesome Doctor Octopus for this overworld march!

Click for parties! (click to show)

My Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:25 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.