Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
Daycare Offspring?, Idea for an update?
ElectroniX
post Jan 12 2011, 12:25 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 115 249

Active Squad

Well, i was thinking, and maybe gpx plus staff could make some additional options to the "Daycare offspring" tab in Poketch, maybe adding some kind of sorting, or i dont know... anyway, some users have bred really alot of pokemon, i didnt, but you know, it could make it easier for those who want to check on their daycare offspring and they have alot of breeding pairs, so tell me, what do you think, is this a good idea?

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Zakariah
post Jan 12 2011, 12:39 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 112 377

Active Squad

This should go in the 'Suggestions' section, but I'm sure a MOD can move it.

I would like to be able to 'hide certain pairs' so that when you load the daycare offspring tab it doesn't take ages to load. But I don't know the programming...

But some options would be nice, such as 'Show pairs that have bred 100+ offspring' or 'Show novelty pairings only'.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Love
post Jan 12 2011, 12:45 PM
Post #3

If love is a labor, I'll slave till the end
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 57 047

Active Squad

I wouldn't mind some options, or even to have all pairs except your current hidden, similar to a spoiler tag or something. I don't have a ton of pairs, but it would still be nice on the days my internet is acting up.

--------------------

Married on May 8, 2011!
Past names: Fearow, Mewtu, Mebukijika, Sawsbuck, Truth
+Quote Post

ElectroniX
post Jan 12 2011, 12:52 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 115 249

Active Squad

oh yeah sorry about that i hope a MOD moves this to "suggestions"

--------------------

+Quote Post

Csxhseft12345
post Jan 12 2011, 04:09 PM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 120 244

My Favorites

lol i think it would happen that this will be warped

--------------------

Goals (click to show)

Trinket collection progress (click to show)

PM me if you need help for Social Network
+Quote Post

Glameow
post Jan 12 2011, 08:15 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 426

Hot Shots

Clearing records of canceled/completed shiny hunts, imo. I've canceled a TON 'cause I'm lazy and it's just a bit of extra lag is all. x3

--------------------
2 shinies and counting
~oOo~x~oOo~x~oOo~x~oOo~

~oOo~x~oOo~x~oOo~x~oOo~
*click click click*
thrust.gif Keepin' it real thrust.gif
+Quote Post

pyreflydust
post Jan 13 2011, 09:21 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 432

Watergun Army

I think having the offspring collapsed by default like the achievements would be nice for some people. There are some people who can't even load their offspring tabs any more because of one pair making too many babies. o-o

QUOTE(crasyforce @ Jan 12 2011, 04:09 PM) *
lol i think it would happen that this will be warped

What is this, I don't even... confused.gif

QUOTE(Kittun @ Jan 12 2011, 08:15 PM) *
Clearing records of canceled/completed shiny hunts, imo. I've canceled a TON 'cause I'm lazy and it's just a bit of extra lag is all. x3

No. Stop making hunts if you don't want them. Also this is kind of irrelevant to the thread. hmm.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Glameow
post Jan 13 2011, 02:05 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 426

Hot Shots

I could've sworn the title was something different before. o.O; My bad! xD I thought it was for other suggestions or something. /blonde
But either way, if you complete a lot either way... Any ways. Onto the real topic! Not the one I apparently imagined. xD

But I agree. I'd like to hide pairings... maybe even sort them. I'd like my pairings with the most to be at the bottom, with the least at the top. Idk why but I'm OCD like that. Showing only novelty pairs, too, I'd like. Gosh, even sorting by type. Where one (or both) parents is dragon-type, normal-type... Idk.

--------------------
2 shinies and counting
~oOo~x~oOo~x~oOo~x~oOo~

~oOo~x~oOo~x~oOo~x~oOo~
*click click click*
thrust.gif Keepin' it real thrust.gif
+Quote Post

Darth Krytie
post Jan 13 2011, 03:34 PM
Post #9

This one does not have time for your solid waste excretions.
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 22 312

Team Awesomecakes

Moved it to suggestions. Be more careful of where you post in the future.

--------------------

Please use the Help Page and appropriate Help Forum instead of PMing me. Only PM if it's something you need me or an Admin for specifically.
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jan 13 2011, 04:24 PM
Post #10

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

What I'd like to see... is perhaps Spoilers or something... but then again, that might get really laggy...

And by that, I mean X amount of Partners per spoiler sealed.gif

Also, I don't understand why you lot capitalise Mod and Admin...?

This post has been edited by Samoo: Jan 13 2011, 04:24 PM

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

pyreflydust
post Jan 13 2011, 07:00 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 432

Watergun Army

I would even be for only putting auto spoilers on pairs with a certain amount of offspring. I'm not sure what the cut off is before it decides it won't load that or the heritage page but it'd be nice to see a fix for that. It makes me kind of afraid of leaving a pair in the daycare too long since I like seeing my offspring. ._.

QUOTE(Samoo @ Jan 13 2011, 04:24 PM) *
Also, I don't understand why you lot capitalise Mod and Admin...?

I was wondering that too. Namely because I have only seen it with mod and I was wondering when the moderators of this site became the Mod Squad... I am pretty sure that is the only time I have seen it in all caps. >_>

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Jan 14 2011, 07:27 AM
Post #12

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

I would like to see the actual number of offspring each pair has made. As of the moment only pairs that have at least one parent or one of the offspring's alive will be shown. For parent pokemon there can be sort of a question mark as long as some things are alive. My suggestion is that for all deleted offspring a pair has made, there will be a quiestion mark with a x[number] to display that there are more deleted pokemon. As all deleted pokemon have no differences I don't see the need for individual images at all. Also, the rest of my suggestion is actually based around how this will make all the pairs you have bred eggs with will show up.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Jan 14 2011, 10:13 AM
Post #13

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

Unless already available and I just haven't figured out how yet, I'd like to see the sorting of the Daycare Offspring list done by most recent to oldest. Currently, my list goes from first couple to most recent and it's a pita to scroll all the way down to see. My only chance of cheating is to view who has made shinys, but that doesn't include everyone. I would really like the list to be switched from first to latest (as it seems to be now) to current to oldest (or whatnot).

Additionally, after reading Tyranisaur's suggestion, I'd agree with the fact that just listing # Pokemon bred / # Eggs bred would be less cumbersome than seeing actual Pokemon pictures. While it is fun, at times, to scroll the list and see who has evolved what, seeing (for example) Munchlax's Munchlaxs ... uh... it would be far better to just say that pairing made like 2,359 Pokemon and 29 eggs (the eggs being the Pokemon not yet hatched). It'd be far easier to read a 1 line than scrolling through endless pages of seeing the same thing. Oh. And maybe that one line could continue like this:

Muchlax: 2,359 Pokemon / 29 eggs / 43 Shinys

Or... something to that effect. blush.gif

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Jan 14 2011, 11:27 AM
Post #14

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Totally...useless

QUOTE(Mamanator @ Jan 14 2011, 04:13 PM) *
Unless already available and I just haven't figured out how yet, I'd like to see the sorting of the Daycare Offspring list done by most recent to oldest. Currently, my list goes from first couple to most recent and it's a pita to scroll all the way down to see. My only chance of cheating is to view who has made shinys, but that doesn't include everyone. I would really like the list to be switched from first to latest (as it seems to be now) to current to oldest (or whatnot).

Additionally, after reading Tyranisaur's suggestion, I'd agree with the fact that just listing # Pokemon bred / # Eggs bred would be less cumbersome than seeing actual Pokemon pictures. While it is fun, at times, to scroll the list and see who has evolved what, seeing (for example) Munchlax's Munchlaxs ... uh... it would be far better to just say that pairing made like 2,359 Pokemon and 29 eggs (the eggs being the Pokemon not yet hatched). It'd be far easier to read a 1 line than scrolling through endless pages of seeing the same thing. Oh. And maybe that one line could continue like this:

Muchlax: 2,359 Pokemon / 29 eggs / 43 Shinys

Or... something to that effect. blush.gif

You can of course scroll the page from outside of the boxes. But still, some sort of spoiler option would be great for huge pages.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Jan 14 2011, 12:49 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

You can of course scroll the page from outside of the boxes. But still, some sort of spoiler option would be great for huge pages.

I have 44 couples that had children. That is an awful long list to scroll down so yeah. Having the re-sort list or what not would be ideal. If a spoiler option were initiated, I suppose that would assist, but the sorting option from current to oldest would also be welcomed by this member. wink.gif nod.gif

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Fade
post Jan 14 2011, 01:28 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 873

Can't Touch This

I've had 93 pairs in my daycare offspring tab. A good portion of them have had over 100 children. A spoiler tab for each pair, regardless of the number of offspring, would be excellent. It takes a very long time to load for me, and I like to check when my eggs get picked up and by who.

--------------------

Rotating Starters links to party
Epic walking image by the incredible Doc Ock

+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Jan 14 2011, 02:06 PM
Post #17

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Totally...useless

QUOTE(Fade @ Jan 14 2011, 07:28 PM) *
I've had 93 pairs in my daycare offspring tab. A good portion of them have had over 100 children. A spoiler tab for each pair, regardless of the number of offspring, would be excellent. It takes a very long time to load for me, and I like to check when my eggs get picked up and by who.

If you went through the heritage page of one of the parents that would mean less things to load for you.

For pairs that have been used more than once, maybe we can get the boxes split up so that the page actually is chronological for all the pokemon. To show that the same pair has been used they'd get a code to the left of their images that is the same for the pair no matter how many other pokemon have been between the first and second time they had been in there. This would only bee used for pairs that have been used more than once, everything else just goes the way it is now.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Torrita
post Jan 18 2011, 11:54 AM
Post #18

The Optimistic One
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 523

My party

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Jan 14 2011, 05:27 AM) *
I would like to see the actual number of offspring each pair has made. As of the moment only pairs that have at least one parent or one of the offspring's alive will be shown. For parent pokemon there can be sort of a question mark as long as some things are alive. My suggestion is that for all deleted offspring a pair has made, there will be a quiestion mark with a x[number] to display that there are more deleted pokemon. As all deleted pokemon have no differences I don't see the need for individual images at all. Also, the rest of my suggestion is actually based around how this will make all the pairs you have bred eggs with will show up.

Complete agree. I suggested this once, myself.

--------------------
My GPXPlus party:

& &
all that jazzy text no one cares about (click to show)
QUOTE(Ebola @ May 14 2011, 09:25 PM) *
QUOTE(Megurine Luka and Crona @ May 14 2011, 10:23 PM) *
There is no feeling worse than unreturned love besides pain.
*Slams you against the wall and starts violently shaking you*
HE DOES LOVE ME! >(

Pixels
Tall
+Quote Post

Swampert rox
post Jan 22 2011, 06:30 PM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 355

Current HeatGold team

Yesyesyes.

--------------------

Click to go to my party.

90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed.
If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.

QUOTE(5 Gum @ Nov 9 2010, 05:59 PM) *
If you play Justin Bieber songs backwards, you can hear messages from Satan. Even worse, if you play them forwards you hear Justin Bieber.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:30 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.