Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Army of Pokemon?
Naoto Shirogane
post Aug 12 2012, 09:15 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 166 815

Active Squad

I cannot beat ANY of the three sets because they keep changing pokemon between battles. =_= Any tips because I am frustrated.

--------------------
Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo

Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete

Tsumi ni oboreshi gou no tama

Ippen shinde miru?

Translation::

Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness...

Bringing torment and pain to others...

Poor doomed soul wallowing in your sin...

Perhaps its time to die..

-Ai Enma, aka, Hell girl, Jigoku Shoujo

I changed one word because of it being a curse word^^''
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Targaryen
post Aug 12 2012, 03:02 PM
Post #2

Mother of Dragons
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 41 261

Favorites

I honestly hate battling on gpx, but given that battling is a required task on some explorations, can anyone give me tips on what to do? I've gone up against the Army of Pokemon 5 times already and lost. I'm getting kinda irritated that every pokemon they send out lands a critical hit and a one-hit-ko before I can even do anything.

inb4 "we can't help people on explorations cause that's giving it away" ; just pm me if you're worried about spoiling other people

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Aug 12 2012, 03:15 PM
Post #3

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Speed and hard hitting stuff works well. For example Choice Band Haxorus, Choice Band Darmanitan etc.
I personally like a Choice Specs Manectric as-well myself. A wall is good to have as-well, a lot of people use Ferrothorn as a wall, however incase of a fire type, be prepared with a water counter.

Hopefully this should help happy.gif

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Targaryen
post Aug 12 2012, 03:31 PM
Post #4

Mother of Dragons
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 261

Favorites

omgggg items that i never use, lmao

I guess I should go buy these. Thanks, Samoo

edit - also bookmarked the link you gave me for future reference, since i'll need to suffer against Cypress if I want the battling achievements

This post has been edited by Targaryen: Aug 12 2012, 03:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kalona
post Aug 23 2013, 02:45 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 197 160

My All Stars

Before i go up against the Army of pokemon i was wondering if someone could tell me what pokemon each of them have so i can be prepared with a pokemon that can counter it... (if you want you can pm me, or just reply to me! : ) thanks!)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Aug 23 2013, 05:30 AM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

QUOTE(DeadlyDemons @ Aug 23 2013, 09:45 AM) *
Before i go up against the Army of pokemon i was wondering if someone could tell me what pokemon each of them have so i can be prepared with a pokemon that can counter it... (if you want you can pm me, or just reply to me! : ) thanks!)

You can just start the battle and find out yourself what pokemon the trainer has. The exploration task npc trainers have no cooldown time, so you could just try again straight away, after doing adjustments to your team if you want.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Aug 23 2013, 06:41 PM
Post #7

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(DeadlyDemons @ Aug 23 2013, 02:45 AM) *

The three Army of Pokemon trainers each have a possible pool of 9 and use a random 6 of those for each battle, so even if we knew what they have and told you, you wouldn't be guaranteed to be able to counter everything.

This post has been edited by pumpkinking0192: Aug 23 2013, 06:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kelleo
post Aug 24 2013, 01:47 PM
Post #8

Prepare yourself.
Group Icon

Member No.: 40 898

Favorite Pokemon

Ugh, those battles were frustrating. In fact, just about any battle on the GPX is. I really think the staff should nerf the NPC trainers a bit.

All I can tell you is to go in with a balanced team of a variety of types with good IVs.

--------------------

My art thread. Click on my eggs and Pokemon and I may click yours too. ^^
And don't forget, Keldeo is the most adorable pony Pokemon ever. cat.gif
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Aug 24 2013, 08:15 PM
Post #9

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

QUOTE(Kelleo @ Aug 24 2013, 01:47 PM) *
Ugh, those battles were frustrating. In fact, just about any battle on the GPX is. I really think the staff should nerf the NPC trainers a bit.

No, we shouldn't. The battles are really, really easy if you have Pokemon with good IVs, thought-out movesets, and correct typing. I hardly even lose one Pokemon anymore, depending on the battle. If someone's having trouble, they just should, you know, try again with more strategy and better Pokemon.

I'd suggest using Pokemon with very hard hitting moves and using moves such as Swords Dance or Nasty Plot to really boost your attack. Sweeping seems to be the most useful thing from my experience. And as Samoo said, Choice items are also an excellent option if you just want to attack over and over again.

This post has been edited by Synx Itax: Aug 24 2013, 08:16 PM

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Harman
post Aug 24 2013, 08:25 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 203 265

Leagendary squad

I needed help on battling too cause I kept losing but this forum is helping a little. clap.gif

--------------------
Hi trolol charmander.gif darkrai.gif
+Quote Post

Kelleo
post Aug 24 2013, 11:18 PM
Post #11

Prepare yourself.
Group Icon

Favorite Pokemon

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Aug 24 2013, 09:15 PM) *
No, we shouldn't. The battles are really, really easy if you have Pokemon with good IVs, thought-out movesets, and correct typing. I hardly even lose one Pokemon anymore, depending on the battle. If someone's having trouble, they just should, you know, try again with more strategy and better Pokemon.

I'd suggest using Pokemon with very hard hitting moves and using moves such as Swords Dance or Nasty Plot to really boost your attack. Sweeping seems to be the most useful thing from my experience. And as Samoo said, Choice items are also an excellent option if you just want to attack over and over again.

You can't control what moves your Pokemon know. Nor can you control their IVs. And I do use Pokemon with decent IVs and hard hitting moves, but they still get OHKO'd or almost OHKO'd rather frequently, even by hits that aren't critical.

And some of us don't have the time to be hatching a bunch of eggs just to get Pokemon with good IVs.

This post has been edited by Kelleo: Aug 24 2013, 11:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Aug 24 2013, 11:34 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

My Loves

QUOTE(Kelleo @ Aug 24 2013, 11:18 PM) *
QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Aug 24 2013, 09:15 PM) *

You can't control what moves your Pokemon know. Nor can you control their IVs. And I do use Pokemon with decent IVs and hard hitting moves, but they still get OHKO'd or almost OHKO'd rather frequently, even by hits that aren't critical.

And some of us don't have the time to be hatching a bunch of eggs just to get Pokemon with good IVs.

You can control the moves to a point (with gems and also switching between physical/special attacks and changing supporting moves), and vitamins can always raise IVs if need be. If your Pokemon keep having trouble, they're simply not good enough. Not sure what the issue is exactly. Maybe you need to use Pokemon with better defenses that would be useful walls or something.

If you don't have time, that's not the staff's problem. I've actually had no issue using any Pokemon with high enough IVs; I didn't even try for a specific type.

I just get a bit irked when people say things should be easier just because they don't have time or the will to put in effort. Obviously other people have zero issues with the battle tasks.

We shouldn't make these rare Pokemon any easier to obtain.

This post has been edited by Synx Itax: Aug 24 2013, 11:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kelleo
post Aug 25 2013, 09:02 AM
Post #13

Prepare yourself.
Group Icon

Favorite Pokemon

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Aug 25 2013, 12:34 AM) *
You can control the moves to a point (with gems and also switching between physical/special attacks and changing supporting moves), and vitamins can always raise IVs if need be. If your Pokemon keep having trouble, they're simply not good enough. Not sure what the issue is exactly. Maybe you need to use Pokemon with better defenses that would be useful walls or something.

You still can't control the ones they actually KNOW. If they know Tackle and Tail Whip, I can't change them to Hyper Beam and Double-Edge or something. I do switch between physical and special attacks.

And the highest IV'd Pokemon I have is my shiny Rapidash, at 134 IVs. If this isn't good enough not to get OHKO'd by a non-supereffective, non-critical attack, there's a problem. But I probably do need more tanky Pokemon, I'll give you that one.

If you don't have time, that's not the staff's problem. I've actually had no issue using any Pokemon with high enough IVs; I didn't even try for a specific type.

You must get lucky then. And you say you don't care that some of us have LIVES? Way to be totally selfish.

I just get a bit irked when people say things should be easier just because they don't have time or the will to put in effort. Obviously other people have zero issues with the battle tasks.

You think I'm a lazyass? I put in as much effort as I can, thank you very much. I just don't have the time to be sitting on this site all day trying to hatch a crapload of eggs to hatch one with high IVs, then spend more hours leveling it to 100. As I said, people here have lives. They go to work and school and other stuff.

Did I say this? No. I said nerf the NPC trainers A LITTLE BIT. Not a lot, just a little. I never said anything about making rarer Pokemon easy to obtain.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Aug 25 2013, 09:27 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

I highly doubt the intention was to call you a 'lazyass' or to insinuate it in any way. The point trying to get across is that if you're going to do Explorations you're going to have to learn the ways of the Tower and using the Pokédex Functions (and that complaining about them won't change anything) Majority of users are able to beat the NPC trainers. Yes they're designed to be a bit of a challenge, but not ridiculously irritating (like the ??? NPC). No-one said that you'll get everything on the first day. It took me perhaps 5 months to actually form a decent team.

There's a misconception between good and bad. You can still use a Pokémon with crap IV's in total (I don't know, for example 70 IV's) It's the IV's in the important stats that counts.

All I can say is, if you really want to beat them then either look up some stuff in the Pokédex (by using the functions at the top of the page) or by reading this. I know it's to do with the Battle Subway but it'll still help you get an idea of what you need to do.

Look at things with higher speed and attack and higher defences. A bulky Pokémon (one with decent defences and high HP) are pretty good. Azumarill is something that I use personally. Using Azumarill as a bulky defender is good. Boost the defences, use Nasty Plot and then you can sweep with Water Gun. As backup, if you run into an Electric or Grass type (because they're strong against Water types) have something which can minimise damage received.

Resists Grass: Bug, Fire, Dragon, Steel, Flying and Poison
Resists Electric: Dragon, Electric, Grass, Ground.

Already you can see the types that would help. To counter such things I use a Dugtrio, Haxorus and Darmanitan. But honestly, take a read of the thread I linked and it should help. If that doesn't help you, then I really don't know what else to say.

This post has been edited by Samoo: Aug 25 2013, 09:38 AM

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Aug 25 2013, 09:51 AM
Post #15

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Totally...useless

QUOTE(Kelleo @ Aug 25 2013, 04:02 PM) *
QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Aug 25 2013, 12:34 AM) *

You still can't control the ones they actually KNOW. If they know Tackle and Tail Whip, I can't change them to Hyper Beam and Double-Edge or something. I do switch between physical and special attacks.

The rules for what attacks you pokemon can learn are very simple. And it's not really a problem that all attacks are basically the same. If there were other stronger attacks and more possibilities to have more types of attacks, your opponenent would have the same possibilities, so you wouldn't get an advantage from that.

And the highest IV'd Pokemon I have is my shiny Rapidash, at 134 IVs. If this isn't good enough not to get OHKO'd by a non-supereffective, non-critical attack, there's a problem. But I probably do need more tanky Pokemon, I'll give you that one.

It's not only the IVs that matter, I would argue that the base stats for a pokemon matter a whole lot more. The pokemon that are able to take out your Rapidash are probably very hard hitting, so if you want to beat those you really have 2 options, either the tanky route like someone already said, or you need to outspeed them and take them out in one hit. Pokemon that are very hard hitting will usually not be very good at defence. This is a direct effect of the fact that all fully evolved pokemon, except arceus, has the same amount of base stats. There's no pokemon that are purely overpovered because they have more stats. It's just that their spread is more leaned to one side of the offence-defence scale.

You must get lucky then. And you say you don't care that some of us have LIVES? Way to be totally selfish.

The fact that you have other things to do besides the site, that gives you less time to be on the site and thus makes you not able to do all the things you wish you were able to do one site, means just one thing, you won't get those things done.

Did I say this? No. I said nerf the NPC trainers A LITTLE BIT. Not a lot, just a little. I never said anything about making rarer Pokemon easy to obtain.

By nerfing the NPC battles anything at all, you make the exploration easier, which makes it easier to obtain those pokemon. So you did say just that.

Instead of saying that the battle is too hard, why don't you show us what your team is, and tell us what happens during the battle so that it's easier to figure out what's going wrong for you? When I was building up a team, I was trying to take note of what type of pokemon used and what I lost against so that I could try to find out what to replace with what. This can be tough, and asking for help is recommended.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kelleo
post Aug 25 2013, 11:20 AM
Post #16

Prepare yourself.
Group Icon

Favorite Pokemon

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Aug 25 2013, 10:51 AM) *
The rules for what attacks you pokemon can learn are very simple. And it's not really a problem that all attacks are basically the same. If there were other stronger attacks and more possibilities to have more types of attacks, your opponenent would have the same possibilities, so you wouldn't get an advantage from that.

Ah, yeah, you're right. I hadn't thought of that.

It's not only the IVs that matter, I would argue that the base stats for a pokemon matter a whole lot more. The pokemon that are able to take out your Rapidash are probably very hard hitting, so if you want to beat those you really have 2 options, either the tanky route like someone already said, or you need to outspeed them and take them out in one hit. Pokemon that are very hard hitting will usually not be very good at defence. This is a direct effect of the fact that all fully evolved pokemon, except arceus, has the same amount of base stats. There's no pokemon that are purely overpovered because they have more stats. It's just that their spread is more leaned to one side of the offence-defence scale.

Oh, okay, I see now. Thanks for explaining. I do need more tanky Pokemon then. I do also use more Pokemon that are single typed because they have stronger moves, but would it be bad to use, say, a lv. 100 Aggron with decent stats/IVs?

The fact that you have other things to do besides the site, that gives you less time to be on the site and thus makes you not able to do all the things you wish you were able to do one site, means just one thing, you won't get those things done.

That's exactly my point. If I can't get those things done, which I want to, how can I get them done? It currently would take too much time.

By nerfing the NPC battles anything at all, you make the exploration easier, which makes it easier to obtain those pokemon. So you did say just that.

I moreso meant Pokemon with high IVs, but you're right here too. I didn't think of that either.

Instead of saying that the battle is too hard, why don't you show us what your team is, and tell us what happens during the battle so that it's easier to figure out what's going wrong for you? When I was building up a team, I was trying to take note of what type of pokemon used and what I lost against so that I could try to find out what to replace with what. This can be tough, and asking for help is recommended.

I use a shiny Rapidash, my shiny Octillerage, my shiny Haxorus, a Serperior, Lopunny, and several other single typed Pokemon, with a couple dual ones in there. I also recently added a lv. 100 Alakazam.

Thank you for being nice about this, by the way. happy.gif

This post has been edited by Kelleo: Aug 25 2013, 11:21 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Aug 25 2013, 11:30 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Kelleo @ Aug 25 2013, 05:20 PM) *
I use a shiny Rapidash, my shiny Octillerage, my shiny Haxorus, a Serperior, Lopunny, and several other single typed Pokemon, with a couple dual ones in there. I also recently added a lv. 100 Alakazam.

Thank you for being nice about this, by the way. happy.gif

Use the Pokédex search functions to find some bulkier stuff. The Pokémon you're using have crappy defences and the base stats on most are average.

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Aug 25 2013, 03:01 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

My Loves

QUOTE(Kelleo @ Aug 25 2013, 09:02 AM) *

You think I'm a lazyass? I put in as much effort as I can, thank you very much. I just don't have the time to be sitting on this site all day trying to hatch a crapload of eggs to hatch one with high IVs, then spend more hours leveling it to 100. As I said, people here have lives. They go to work and school and other stuff.

No. I'm sorry, but I won't stand for this.

How DARE you assume that I am selfish. And how DARE you assume that you're the only one on this site who has a life. You think that you're the only one who has work or school or something? Most other people are able to beat the exploration battle tasks with no problem, but you're unable to because you have sooooo much to do? Please.

Guess what. I was somehow able to breeze through the tasks despite working! And, you know, doing everything else life entails. Yes, some people hatch eggs in order to get the perfect Pokemon for the battle tower, but I just happened to use ones I had with high IVs (and many were just from the Safari Zone) in the correct places and that I had added appropriate moves and items to. That's all. It's called strategy. And, well, using your time wisely.

I even responded by saying that you should use hard hitting moves and things with good defense. You posted a bunch of Pokemon with piss-poor defense (like Rapidash) and were wondering why you kept getting OHKO'd. Well, there you go. Instead of blaming others, maybe you should have thought about WHAT to use and how to use it instead of just expecting a win every time and having the reward handed to you.

Sure, it might take time and effort, but you have to set aside leisure time and, as I said, use your time wisely. I refuse to believe you have ZERO time to hatch a good egg or pick something good up from the SZ -- again, SOMEHOW, other people managed to do it (and I was here since 2009, and it still didn't take me that long to get a good team). Repeatedly. For every exploration. You know, those with lives.

The point is, it's not just "being lucky." It's taking the time to research good strategies, what works with what, etc. If you have time to whine and complain on the forum, you have time to strategize. Everyone else said anything else I'd say regarding using bulkier types, so I won't go there (again).

If you ACTUALLY don't have time to build a better team for the task, then you don't deserve the reward. That's not how life works, by the way (though you seem to have so much of a life that you should know how it works). You don't get things handed to you because you want it easier and have no time to fix your problems (and not someone else's).

And yeah, call me selfish again. I, with my "no life," have made novelties, written and helped out on explorations, helped a ton of other users using my time, answered ANY question that was PMed to me, etc. All on top of work, personal projects, etc. AND I was able to beat every exploration about ten times each. And you're right. I don't care that you have a life. Because you're not the only one with a life, but you seem to be one of the few that wants to change the site instead of changing your team.

This post has been edited by Synx Itax: Aug 25 2013, 03:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kelleo
post Aug 25 2013, 03:07 PM
Post #19

Prepare yourself.
Group Icon

Favorite Pokemon

QUOTE(Samoo @ Aug 25 2013, 12:30 PM) *
Use the Pokédex search functions to find some bulkier stuff. The Pokémon you're using have crappy defences and the base stats on most are average.

I already know some Pokemon that have high defenses, but thanks. But my Golem's defenses suck? I thought it was supposed to be rather tanky and I know I had one in the Battle Tower. But if I can get a Pokemon with better ones, I'll do that.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Aug 25 2013, 03:26 PM
Post #20

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Totally...useless

QUOTE(Kelleo @ Aug 25 2013, 10:07 PM) *
But my Golem's defenses suck? I thought it was supposed to be rather tanky and I know I had one in the Battle Tower. But if I can get a Pokemon with better ones, I'll do that.

Golem's special defence is pretty low. Also, it has a quad weakness to both grass and water, as well as a regular eakness to fighting, ground, steel and ice. I think that's a lot of the most common types for people to use.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:00 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.