Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sell Back Slowpoke Tail
Rating 5 V
MewB
post Jan 24 2019, 02:30 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 162 218

My Favorites

Since every other Special Evolution Item is sell-able, I see no reason why Slowpoke Tails shouldn't be as well now?

I know originally it wasn't a Special Evolution item, but especially now that it is and because we need to buy 5 of them for an achievement I'm not sure why it can't be sold back from the Inventory?

You really only need 1-2 for the Spiral Shellder dex completion and I've also gotten them from other site events (not the Shady Salesman, I think I got one from the Underground once?) so I have 7 of them now in my Inventory just...sitting there and I fear somehow ending up with more via however I got those extra 3 that I definitely don't recall buying.

Can we please make them sell-able? Is there a really good reason why they're not already or have never been?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Bora
post Feb 22 2020, 05:26 PM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 010

Active Squad

probably because it's a meme item? but i do agree with you

--------------------
+Quote Post

MegaFringe
post Feb 22 2020, 07:14 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 254 624

Active Squad

Maybe the concern is that selling the Slowpoke Tail would result in it showing up in the Backroom, which has an unintended consequences: it allows people to bypass the Slowpoke Tail Salesman for the Slowpoke Tail which the achievement is probably designed to highlight. Getting the right sellback price would be tough too. If it's too low and given how many people have extra Tails they could sell after the achievement, it would be super easy + cheap to complete the Slowpoke Tail Connoisseur achievement from the Backroom, and if it's too high, then the point penalty the Slowpoke Tail Salesman was supposed to cause gets negated.

It's super unlikely, but since Slowpoke Tails were used as an ingredient in curry for Pokemon Sword and Shield (more precisely Smoke-Poke Tails, but definitely from Slowpoke), if curries are ever implemented in GPX the item could have another use.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:00 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.