Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Shelter grabs from pass orbs
Tyranisaur
post Dec 23 2016, 07:34 PM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

This is not something I'm suggesting because I simply want more shelter grabs. I was able to manage today just fine with the current implementation of how we get shelter grabs without running out.

However, I want to point out what I had to do to achieve that. So proper berries count a lot for shelter grabs. I don't think I understood why it works that way, but I didn't mind it as much. But now, I'm inclined to say that from a design perspective, it encourages you do something I think you should be encouraged to do. Because proper berries count so much for the shelter grabs, if you are running out and want to get more quickly, then the best course of action is obviously to go and do lots of proper berry interactions. The best way to do that, it to interact with inactive users. The reason for this is simply that active users are more likely to have eggs in their parties, while practically all of the interactions you can do to inactive users are to pokemon in their parties. So basically you just go to whatever list you want to interact with all these inactive users, like the random list. This is the point, you are clicking on inactive users. And this matters on fast days like today. If you haven't already interacted with active users, then you could just as well be doing interactions to users that actually care about having their eggs or pokemon clicked on.

Getting shelter grabs fast is in most cases really only an issue if you find yourself in a situation where you run out of shelter grabs faster than you would be getting more. The way to deal with this is to get into a routine that gives you shelter grabs at least as fast as you would spend them. I think that the best design is when the best way to get shelter grabs happens to also be the best way to help other users, which should also be the best way to get other users to interact with you. At this point the idea has pass orbs written all over it. So what I'm suggesting is to change the shelter grab formula to include pass orbs, or number of interactions that count towards pass orbs, depending on how you look at it. On a simple level, the idea is to re balance the formula such that clicking users that have been online today gives shelter grabs faster than clicking from the random list, at least when the site is moving fast.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:35 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.