Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
On the Road... Not Again!, Finished...
LarkortheNightin...
post Jul 31 2009, 11:08 AM
Post #21

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 34 628

SoulSilver Team

((I'll do it.))

Mystyk heard Lilly going through the routine, but then heard the Cyndaquil shout, "Cynda-QUIL!" and Lilly squeal. It must've used a Flamethrower... "Lilly, finish it up now!" she screamed, not wanting Lilly to be on the ground any longer. Lilly jumped up and used the Thunderbolt, but Mystyk heard the nimble little Pokemon step out of the way. Drat! As Lilly landed in front of her, she bent down briefly. Lilly's fur was rather singed, and the cat-like Pokemon was breathing rather heavily. "Are you okay, or do you want to quit?" she whispered. "Shin, shinx," Lilly replied, with a shake of her head that Mystyk felt. "Okay... Just be careful out there. Try not to get beat up too much..." Mystyk replied with a small grimace. This Cyndaquil was strong.

--------------------

And here is my party. grin.gif

Most of my information and crap is in my journal so go look at that <w<
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Anduril
post Jul 31 2009, 05:24 PM
Post #22

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

Member No.: 67

PANE Profile

((OOC: Sorry I haven't been able to post...It must have been an Ember, Cyndaquil doesn't know flamethrower))

Glen watched in satisfaction as Cyndaquil took down the dancing Shinx with a very powerful ember attack, and then, to add insult to injury, simply sidestepped the counterattack. Hmm, so Cyndaquil is capable of showing initiatve. I suppose that's alright, as it gives us an edge if I'm not always needing to boss it around out loud. If only we could communicate telepathically...
Glen said in an audible, unexcited tone, "That was well done Cyndaquil. Don't give it any respite, use a Tackle attack, but try hitting the Shinx with your back. That might singe it. Oh, and girl---careful not to get in the way of the fighting pokemon. We wouldn't want you to get hurt."
That's right fancy-pants, here's a special move of our own. No idea how it'll worked, seeing how this is entirely unchoreographed. Well, if it fails, I guess we can always use a smokescreen as cover...
Glen smiled. He was really enjoying this little bout. Well fed, pummeling a weaker pokemon-for now, Glen was content.

--------------------

Spoiler (click to showhide)

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Jul 31 2009, 09:02 PM
Post #23

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

((Whatever.))

"Alright, smarty pants. Lilly, dodge it!" she shouted, knowing that no matter how high level this other Pokemon was, Lilly had been trained in speed. She heard Lilly wait until the last plausible moment, and then move out of the fiery little Pokemon's way. She smiled smugly. I may be a bit unorthodox, but my little Shinx might even have a chance...

That was, until Shinx started coughing. "Lilly?" she asked, confused. "What happened?" She then realized that Glen didn't know she was blind, and that this was a stupid question for anyone who could see to ask. "I mean, uh..." she stuttered, hoping Glen hadn't noticed her slip-up. She had been waiting for them to get to know each other a little better before he found out, and certainly not in the middle of a battle. She blushed and hoped Lilly was okay. A couple more hits and Lilly will be done... She's not really one for endurance, and while speed has saved her life, she's gotta be totally drained by now. I just hope that whatever happened, it wasn't bad enough to hurt Lilly too much.

((Smokescreen, get it? And her slip-up was kind of obvious, I really don't know how Glen could miss that wink.gif Like I said in the post, just a couple more hits before Mystyk's calling Lilly back. So don't go too far in your next post...))

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Jul 31 2009, 09:16 PM
Post #24

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

Cyndaquil tried the tackle, but honestly had no idea how to do it backwards, and therefore hesitated just enough for the Shinx to get out of the way. Glen then said, "Ok, fine, plan two. Smokescreen!"
Cyndaquil responded immediately, as if it had been thinking the same way. A hazy fog came over the Shinx and it began coughing out the smoky vapor surrounding it. The girl, however, was clueless. What's going on?!? It's as if she can't see...no, that can't be! Glen looked, and realized she didn't focus her eyes anywhere at all. She was probably completely blind. Haha, what a joke, I'm fighting a blind girl! I should use hand signals to alert Cyndaquil to put me at an advantage...not that I need another advantage to tip the scale, her Shinx is getting clobbered.
"Cyndaquil...Shinx can't see to get out of the way. Use a Quick Attack, and give it everything you've got. Finish it here! I don't want it to be able to get back up, ok?"
As Cyndaquil ran towards the hacking, blinded Shinx, Glen said callously to the girl,
"Are you blind? How could you not see the smokescreen?"

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Jul 31 2009, 10:04 PM
Post #25

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

Mystyk's heart skipped a beat when Glen asked about her blindness. "It just so happens that I am," she said cautiously. "What's it to you?" She heard the Cyndaquil slam into Lilly. Time to try a few more tricks. She turned around and whispered to her Riolu. Ray nodded. He sent continual images of the aura to Lilly telepathically, allowing her to effectively "see". Mystyk knew that this was her last shot. "Lilly, Thunderbolt!" she screamed. She heard Lilly charging up, followed by another thump. That wasn't Lilly... or at least, she wasn't the cause of the thump. Mystyk guessed what had happened. "Lilly, return," she said, holding out her Pokeball. She sat on the ground. "You deserve a good rest," she whispered. She turned towards Glen. "Seems like we had a tie," she said flatly. "Good job," she addressed the Cyndaquil.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Jul 31 2009, 11:42 PM
Post #26

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

Glen tasted the sweet sapid flavor of success. Not bad Cyndaquil, not bad at all... Glen nodded to Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil knew his owner well enough to know that the nod conveyed a lot that his owner was otherwise incapable of expressing.
I just tied a blind girl! Well, at least we didn't lose...
In response to the girl's question, Glen replied, "Honestly, it doesn't mean much to me. I would just recommend that you never find yourself in a situation on the road with all of your pokemon unconscious. That would leave you...quite vulnerable."
This little girl is not only vulnerable, but also easily manipulated. I wonder if she could come in handy just in case I run into trouble on the road
As he thought, Glen's last words had an almost eerie effect, and then Glen continued, "Well, it was a nice battle, I'm going to be on my way to Lenolia. If you're going in the same direction, I recommend you travel, if not with me, then at least alongside me."
Cyndaquil, not having read Glen's thoughts, looked up in surprise. This was decisively out of character. Annoyed, and hoping that Cyndquil would not do anything that would jeopardize his opportunities, held out a pokeball and returned Cyndaquil to the ball. Glen took the ball, shrunk it, and placed it in his pocket alongside the other ball, containing Rattata.

This post has been edited by Anduril: Jul 31 2009, 11:42 PM

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Aug 1 2009, 12:25 AM
Post #27

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

((I just had an idea... I just remembered she has a Riolu... Muahaha...))

"Yes, I suppose I haven't been to Lenolia yet," she noted. "I guess we should go together." At the very least, she'd get to know him and his Pokemon a bit better. Then she thought back to the battle, and what she had done with Ray. "Hmm..." she mused, then bent down to talk to the little Pokemon that was still behind her leg. Ray thought about her request, then nodded. She heard his voice in her mind, It is possible. She smiled as she stood up confidently. Glen could learn about her... transformation... later. For now, all that mattered was that she could see... In a way...

((I thought about that a bit ago. She uses Ray's ability to see Aura and his telepathy to enable her to "see". Cool, huh? She did it with Lilly, why not herself? Although I have an equally good idea about how depending on Ray leads to something really bad... I always end up with crazy plot ideas lol...))

This post has been edited by MystykFyre: Aug 1 2009, 12:25 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Aug 1 2009, 12:31 AM
Post #28

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

((OOC: Haha sounds good. Should submit this RP to be graded and continue with another RP pt. 2 or continue this one? I'll bet we get more levels if we start a new one, ya know?))

Glen was completely oblivious to the girl's new empowerment. In his mind, she just talked to her pokemon. Big deal, people do that all the time right. Glen scratched his head, thinking about how long he would be able to stand this blind girl before going crazy. He wasn't very optimistic. If she couldn't possibly come in handy later, he'd make a break for it. But as it was...well, most human's pitied the blind. That could prove useful.
"Alright then, I'm good to go when you are."
Inside, Glen felt a sinking feeling in his stomach. If she walks really slowly because she's blind, forget it. Not worth it.

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Aug 1 2009, 12:49 AM
Post #29

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

((Yeah, I guess we can stop this now. Nobody's posting anyway. And then we get more levels for it ^__^ Lilly, Ray, Bob, and Bubble need levels... This could work out to my advantage. I'll submit it after I post.))

Mystyk, with her new power, could see him thinking about this, and almost knew the last thing he thought. Well, he won't be ditching me anytime soon, she told herself smugly. I most certainly did NOT move slow when I was completely blind, and now I feel like I might even have superspeed... Heh, the trees look exactly like I imagined them, although everything is blue... But I can see better than most humans, save for the color. This'll be fun!

((Ending... now.))

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 05:42 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.